Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Default Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than £2.5 million

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...5-million.html

A student who is auctioning her virginity to pay for a masters degree in Family and Marriage therapy has seen bidding hit £2.5million ($3.7m).

Last Updated: 2:25PM GMT 12 Jan 2009

Natalie Dylan, 22, is auctioning off her virginity to fund her master's degree Photo: BARCROFT MEDIA
Natalie Dylan, 22, claims her offer of a one-night stand has persuaded 10,000 men to bid for sex with her.

Last September, when her auction came to light, she had received bids up to £162,000 ($243,000) but since then interest in her has rocketed.

The student who has a degree in Women's Studies insisted she was not demeaning herself.

Miss Dylan, from San Diego, California, USA, said she was persuaded to offer herself to the highest bidder after her sister Avia, 23, paid for her own degree after working as a prostitute for three weeks.

She said she had had a lot of attention from a wide range of men, including "weirdos", "those who get really graphically sexual about what they want to do to me" and "lots of polite requests from rich businessmen".

Miss Dylan said she did not think it was particularly significant to be willing to sell your virginity and insisted that she was happy to undergo medical tests for any doubters.

She said: "I get some men who are obviously looking for a girlfriend but I try and make it clear that this is a one-night-only offer.

"I know that a lot of people will condemn me for this because it's so taboo but I really don't have a problem with that.

"My study is completely authentic in that I truly am auctioning my virginity but I am not being sold into this. I'm not being taken advantage of in any way.

"I think me and the person I do it with will both profit greatly from the deal."
She added: "It's shocking that men will pay so much for someone's virginity, which isn't even prized so highly anymore."
Crazy,mad times with no values-everything appears to have a price tag.

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 01-13-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Student auctions off virginity for offers of more than £2.5 million

they'll need a good lawyer to consummate THAT deal....
piers2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Shows you what kind of idiots are out there! These guys truly have more money than brains. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are. I have never, nor would I ever pay for it, and I've had women that would put her to shame, LOL!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #4
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

this item was covered on cbc a couple of months ago and 'as it happens' interviewed her about it. the student was very together and is not remotely 'sensationalist' about it. the research is for her thesis and she is making millions more than she thought she would. cool. the topic came up that she was , of course a prostitute for doing so. again, part of her research.
she gets to choose her partner from among the high bidders. apparently they're not all 'trolls'. she also plans to enjoy the whole experience.
all power to her. i mean, why the hell not?
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi oldpaganfreak,

Wouldn't it be funny if the dollar collapsed just afterwards and her millions were worth 10c.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpaganfreak View Post
this item was covered on cbc a couple of months ago and 'as it happens' interviewed her about it. the student was very together and is not remotely 'sensationalist' about it. the research is for her thesis and she is making millions more than she thought she would. cool. the topic came up that she was , of course a prostitute for doing so. again, part of her research.
she gets to choose her partner from among the high bidders. apparently they're not all 'trolls'. she also plans to enjoy the whole experience.
all power to her. i mean, why the hell not?
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

Maybe the "agreed sum" should be put into an escrow account (ie an account where the money can only be withdrawn when certain defined conditions are met)....because (eg) what happens if the chosen bidder gets "stage fright" on the night in question???? Surely he'd be unhappy to release the money then?? What happens if its "over rather quickly"??? Can he reduce the sum?? I guess not...anyone would think i was a lawyer..err i am. But i've now left that city world behind, i couldn't take the kind of idiots that would want to do a deal like this.

Happy days.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

Aren't there also auctions where you can bid for someone's soul?
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

hahahaha...nice one. Ask Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:41 AM   #9
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_A View Post
Hi oldpaganfreak,

Wouldn't it be funny if the dollar collapsed just afterwards and her millions were worth 10c.

Best regards,

Steve
Only an idiot would pay for sex with someone and perhaps the bidder will have to resort to using gold or silver to pay, should the dollar collapse.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:12 AM   #10
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Hmmmmm. That's a pretty good idea.

I've been saving up for my trip to the next comic convention.

What do ya think I'll get for my virginity?

Ladies?

(such a double standard )
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:41 AM   #11
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

What a crazy bloody topic. It virgin on the ridiculous.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:48 AM   #12
Czymra
Avalon Senior Member

What an excellent image. Nintendoboy!
Czymra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

I'm auctioning off Harold Steptoe's father for a one night stand if anyone would like to start the bidding.
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
piers2210
Avalon Senior Member

HaHahahaha!!! That guy was brilliant...shame he never took a bath !!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #15
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi milk and honey,

I thought Steptoe & Son went off the telly light years ago! Do you get 'On the Buses' over there as well? Also the sit com with Nellie Pledge? Oh and is Minnie Caldwell still on Coronation Street?

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk and honey View Post
I'm auctioning off Harold Steptoe's father for a one night stand if anyone would like to start the bidding.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
She added: "It's shocking that men will pay so much for someone's virginity, which isn't even prized so highly anymore."
Crazy,mad times with no values-everything appears to have a price tag.
It is exactly that, that keeps the 'trade' going. In many places children and women are exploited, groomed, abducted, trafficked, prostituted, sold into marriage on the basis of virginity. It's a quality that many want to 'possess' but like many concepts (e.g. beauty and sexual attractiveness) that are predominantly feminine based, people want it but want to look down on it too, they fear/dislike something that can be 'better' than them in any way and want it but in it's place which is inferior to them. Such concepts become very much sought after but also the butt of the joke and object of hate.

It's not about how much money she's getting or what she looks like - she seems to determined to go through the experience by treating it like a night out where many people have one night stands with people they don't know, usually with some kind of mind altering substance such as alcohol but in this case it's money, although she has more of a conscious selection. The article says she was a prostitute for a while and that she is studying Women's Studies and wants to go on to Family and Marriage therapy where she will probably encounter numerous partners who had affairs and sex out of their relationships and her research probably includes this fascination for buying sex and the 'extra bonus' of virginity.

It also says that she paid her way through education with that (at least some) money and for some reason in many societies this is seen as acceptable and people think they are doing them a favour but instead the demand makes it so easy that are more acceptable jobs aren't as easily obtained - but where working your way through college exotic dancing or whatnot might be ok to many maybe in this case it's the amount of money that they are barking/scoffing at. They should be addressing the causes.

Last edited by She-Ra; 01-14-2009 at 03:00 PM.
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #17
milk and honey
Avalon Senior Member

Yes and i must warn you that old 'fawva' doesn't come cheap just in case anyone thinks they can steal him.

piers2210... I've had him de-loused and i'm setting the reserve at tuppence to dissuade any low bids. Now, whaddoeyehear?

Steptoe and Son has gone from TV Steve_A, Coronation Street too and so has 'On The Buses'. "Get that bus out Butler!"
milk and honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #18
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Can you imagine it. An ugly of ******* with his brains in his crotch, a pocket full of little blue pills, a fistful of dollars in one hand and you know what in the other. Yuk yuk yuk.This girl is crazy.
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #19
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk and honey View Post
"Cor! You dirty ol' man. You disgust me."

The memory of the show still gets me giggling.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote