Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:56 AM   #26
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: OBE's

I don't know about OBEs but I have had very lucid dreams where I'd wake up with my hands in the air or something involving motion and then realize that it was all a dream. Mind you, some of these dreams were a little too personal. I have experimented with meditation in the past and a bit of mind-altering substances (weed). I often have a difficult time sleeping due to working 3rd shift and it's been a while since I've had a dream that didn't quite feel like a dream.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #27
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

This "Baphomet" OBE got me puzzled to this day..

although I had some out of body experiences as a kid, I was most sceptical, almost contra- anything spiritual and religious in the first place.
but everything changed, when I had this crazy out of body experience as teenager. it happened while I was wide awake and sober on a sunny summer afternoon, I suddenly couldn`t see out of my still opened eyes and began to hover out of the physical body; feeling so much more alive, sparkling and vibrant , I looked at my hovering body to see what made me feel so awesome sparkly; just to find, that my hovering body was covered with more hair than usual and it was as if i could consciously feel inside every single hair tip... and then i saw my feets melt away! I desperately thought "OMG! I don`t want to look like a cripple!" before l could see what my feet turned into, I moved out of my hairy self, and then just wanted to turn around to see what was happening!?. so I turned around and saw that my first astral body had a capricorn like head and looked pretty scary..I panicked and just wanted to run, because seeing the horns got me thinking it must be the devil..the experience stopped almost instantly thereafter.. the experience got me going to church voluntarily, trying to find god . it wasn`t too enlightening except for the speaking in tongues..so i gave it up and started to voraciously dig into out of body experience books, anything about ESP, etc...I was seeking knowledge about the event while being in a state of denial at the same time for quite a long time.
Only many years later did I begin to realize that the capricorn-me looked like a being called Baphomet. in retrospect I think that this baphomet merely wanted to "say": "don`t you forget about me" . I am convinced that baphomet is benevolent, but nowadays it`s mistaken for the devil, as the Templar`s persecutors needed to declare the spiritual growth promoting Baphomet as evil .
I find that (spiritual) truth has to be found on a personal level. But I welcome any insightful input from others.

Last edited by capreycorn; 10-15-2008 at 08:33 AM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #28
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Howdy NOWIAM,

Thanks for the thread, I skipped it over a few times, probably because I didn't realise OBE stood for out of body experince.

I'm not sure if this qualifies, but I wrote a thread awhile ago called Lucid Dreaming.....http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...Lucid+Dreaming

I'll cut and paste it here though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I don't like to bore people w/ my dreams so I'll try to keep it short.

I had never actively tried to dream lucidly before but I was realtively aware of the triggers.

About three months ago I fell asleep as usual and began dreaming. At a discernable point I realized that I was dreaming and at the same time, realized that I had never been self aware in a dream before.

What I happened to be doing (in the dream) was driving down a specific stretch of highway that I often do in reality. Once I had realized that I was dreaming, I decided to see if I could will the car to fly.

The next moment I was free of my jeep and floating away from Earth. As I rotated to look back on the planet, I became scared that somehow I could not return. In a flash (out of fear) I did the only thing I could to stop the ride: open my eyes.

I sat up in bed, and was so disappointed in myself. Never before or since have I had a dream like that one.

I've since looked into Lucid Dreaming closer, but still no waking moments in my dreams. Maybe it is because I'm trying to hard.

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I thought the folks frequenting the Spirituality forum would have the best advice.

Any advice?

I would really like to see what would have happened if I wasn't so scared.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #29
NOWIAM
Avalon Senior Member

Sorry I’ve been away folks. Nice to see that they are allowing us to write in this thread once again.

Let me address some of your great questions.

capreycorn: There’s a guy who is a practicing Aghora named Jade Sol who worships the Mother Goddess in her Hecate form. He has worked diligently on overcoming “fear” as a catalyst for spiritual growth through worshiping dark related subjects. Here’s his link. www.myspace.com/chandrajadeshankar

He seems to be a sincere person with good intentions. Not a demon or Satan worshipper or anything like that. Although his appearance and methods may strike people that way.

Anyway, I remember speaking to him a while back and he claims that Baphomet is the same “god” as Ganesh and also Saturn. So I imagine if you do some research on these deities you may be able to gain a bit more insight into your situation. I’m sure Jade would be happy to speak with you as well.

Yet ultimately academic study can only get a person so far. A better way to enhance our studies is not through books alone but through direct experience, and in this case via the inner worlds. Just make sure you are well capable of handling any situation which may arise as I’m sure researching Baphomet could be challenging, to say the least.

raulduke: Fear is a natural primordial response inside of us all which helps us to survive in our unpredictable and harsh world. But the more familiar and educated we are about something the less we tend to fear it.

The key to OBE’s (and Lucid Dreams) is to keep practicing. Keep it simple and safe at first by setting small goals. For example, simply try to look at your hands while dreaming. It helps to practice this throughout the day so you program your mind to remember to look at your hands. Practice it until you can do it at will.

OBE is all about learning to control our conscious mind. We are trying to overcome our tendencies to fall into unconsciousness by remaining lucid and conscious no matter the situation. Ultimately we seek to remain conscious while awake and asleep. So it is imperative to be consciously mindful throughout all of our daily activities. If we focus on the past or future (which is day dreaming or fantasying) then we will tend to be controlled or hypnotized by our unconscious when dreaming. But if we learn to live in the NOW continually then we will gain greater control of not only our waking states but also our dreams, etc.

Last edited by NOWIAM; 10-20-2008 at 01:06 AM.
NOWIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 AM   #30
Atk1d
Avalon Senior Member

Some interesting books to read, and learn more about Obe's would be Dr. Robert Monroe, Journeys out of the Body,and Far Journeys.
He's also developed a great program to help others obtain the obe state, thru music "Hemi-sync" all of which should be found here: http://monroeinstitute.com/

Very informative, extremely cool journeys he's had, with a how to guide at the end of Journeys out of the body.

I've been trying myself to achieve this state of awarness(as a teenager one time)(adult now twice) but finding it difficult to maintain.

I found this site for your reading pleasure:
http://users.telenet.be/sterf/texts/...ody-monroe.pdf
Anyway, hope this helps.
Safe Journeys
Atk1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:48 AM   #31
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capreycorn View Post
called Baphomet. in retrospect I think that this baphomet merely wanted to "say": "don`t you forget about me" . I am convinced that baphomet is benevolent, but nowadays it`s mistaken for the devil, as the Templar`s persecutors needed to declare the spiritual growth promoting Baphomet as evil .
I find that (spiritual) truth has to be found on a personal level. But I welcome any insightful input from others.
If you utilise codes, The Templars hid isis/diana/ish-ish under the guise of Baphomet
brightest blessings
i wonder, if the luciferans, hid something
other than lucifer, under his name ?
HPB would NOT have called her newsletter
Lucifer, if, he was bad !!!
(perhaps, they have us hunting for jesus/
when, we should be hunting for lucifer)
i do NOT believe that lucifer,
has yet entered the 4th world,
although once, when tapping into timelines,
i did see something rather unique
when i was eXploring the start of this 4th world...

1) lucifer
2) the angel of unity micah
3) the angel of mystery zackiel
4) buddha
(and, wondered what the purpose was
for those four jumping in together???)

maybe the "dark" can NOT find "lucifer"
and, they do NOT want us to find him either
ahhh....the morning star
it wakes me up twinkling in the middle of every night
brightest blessings
of energy, light 'n love to all...

susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:58 AM   #32
Ant0ni081
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOWIAM View Post
Here is a FREE on-line book about OBE’s.

Astral Dynamics - The Book

Astral Dynamics - Website
This is the First book i bought and practiced with a few years back now. Robert Bruce's instruction for mind and body preparation is easy to understand for first timers. Clear and practical information giving the reader a good basis to work on.

After having lucid dreams and meditating frequently for many years prior, a read through the Astral Dynamics book linked many of the experiences i had had in the past with astral projection.
What was to come to me in the years after practicing Robert Bruce's techniques was the most magical experiences i have yet had the pleasure of experiencing first hand for myself.

If you can spend a few weeks indulging in the body relaxation techniques and energy centre stimulation (all outlined and guided through in the book) you will be rewarded with amazement as nature takes its course and you drift free of your physical body and fully concious to the experience unfolding before you.

A magical time it is when you take that first desired leap into the air with the clear intention that you will float and then to discover that you are indeed bobbing up and down 3ft in the air. Flying whilst out of body and fully aware of who you are, where you are, what your doing was the slap in the face i needed to realize i actually could leave the limited physical body. Safe in bed it would remain while my focus was dancing on the roof tops of the houses down my street. And i've always felt that these out of body experiences feel more real and fill me with more life and energy that i rarely come close to in the physical waking state.

For those people that need their own first hand experience as proof that something is real to them, i would recommend you take a serious look at the idea of astral travel or lucid dream work.

Nothing drives it home more than experiencing a fully concious OBE that you have induced yourself from the physical waking state your in now.

setting out to have a OBE ---> meditating and body relaxation ----> the focus of subtle body energies ----->projection techniques ----> after these things comes the magic its at this point i first had voices speak (internal and external).

Things can get a bit bumpy and believe me it wasn't as easy for me the first few times. The closest i can link it to would be a film you see of men sitting in a space shuttle cockpit on take off to the moon.
(might sound cheesy i know) but if you can close your eyes for a second and imagion the intense violent shaking of the cabin at takeoff and the rumbling of all that power coming from deep within the shuttle launching you up and out into the unknown. The sensation that your hearts beating like a jackhammer and will soon burst free from your chest (over stimulated energy centre).
If any of you have had these early, and frankly quite scary, sensations you'll know what i mean. But lucky these can mostly be avoided WITH PREPARATION.

Read and take it slow. You WILL be rewarded with anything you can imagion. Whilst astral projecting or lucid dreaming, your closer to being that living god, you are the creator. Anything your mind can muster will be. Bad as well as good. Focus on the positive and bath in light, you cant go wrong.

Takecare all
Ant0ni081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:59 AM   #33
Rebel4Life
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
I have been having OBE since 1994. The first one was really out of this world literally. I just felt my whole body vibrating intensely, and then after a few seconds, I came out of my crown chakra. I felt like I became something like light traveling in space, flying into our solar system on my way to earth, seeing the different planets along the way, and hitting the ocean on my entry into earth, and that's when I came back to my body.

Tha's basically one type of OBE that I experience, which involves vibration of my body. The other type is more like a lucid dream, ie. I become aware once inside my dream.
So before you have an OBE your whole body vibrates? that's funny I almost had one once...I might have been pushing myself hard but this healer was trying to scare me into thinking that I could have died from that(body shacking heart attack basically)...I for one am not afraid of death. If i were to die then it would be my time to go no fear at all. Not only that but I think the reason I was born in this era is for making the "real change possible".

Peace,
Rebe4Life
Rebel4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 AM   #34
Ant0ni081
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4Life View Post
I might have been pushing myself hard but this healer was trying to scare me into thinking that I could have died from that(body shacking heart attack basically)...
Rebe4Life
Thats not an option impossible to die.
You firstly have to remember although you will feel vibrational sensation acting on the physical body, the violent natured sensations some people have whilst inducing an OBE will be purely of the energetic level.

Simply anyone seeing you physical body, you'd look peaceful and still to them. where as the energetic sensation you will be feeling many be far from still.

Easy way to think of it is that you naturally OBE every night when you enter dream states. And no ones worried about dieing by falling unconciouss into the dream state. The point being that your keeping focus on the processes of your body falling to sleep (heavy body feeling) whilst your mind is clear and focused on the sensations (energetic vibrations) you would otherwise not notice due to your mind falling asleep along with the body.

Lack of research and first hand experience on the "healers" part.

Your safe . . . nothing to fear . . . remember that and enjoy the ride. That fact you have felt the first stages of inducing a OBE yourself is excellent start.

Patience plays a great part here. . . stick with it!

Takecare all
Ant0ni081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #35
NXS
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Thank you for this thread. I've had a number of OBEs and NDEs.

The first OBE was with a car accident where I was suddenly OB behind my body while it impacted against the steering wheel. I felt no pain, only a distant sensation of impact while I watched from behind.
You and I share a similar experience. Back in my high school days, a friend and I were going on a double date with our respective others. He had just got his drivers license, and was the only one out of the rest of us who had one, so obviously this was a pretty big deal. Anyway, there's this fairly steep descending curve that runs along the hillside on the road we were traveling. When we got right into the center of the curve, at its steepest point, the tires on the car (Mid 90's Camaro) squealed and did a little bit of a tail-whip before straightening out perfectly. Needless to say, being the immature high-school kids that we were, and completely new to driving without parental restriction, we got all hyped up - as if it was the coolest thing ever. Of course, we decide to turn around and do it again, because; A) - The girls weren't close to being ready when we called them prior to heading out; and B) - It looked, felt, and sounded cool as hell. At least, that was our reasoning back then.

Well, the second time we started into the curve, my friend was going quite a bit faster than he had previously, so by the time we got into the first part of the downward bend, we knew we were in trouble. He panicked, and hit the breaks too hard, and the car started to fishtail. It was at this point that everything seemed to slow down. I'm sure you've seen those effects in movies, where everything almost comes to a standstill right before the point of impact, or whatever, but that's how it was. I could see my friend's face looking scared to death as he began cutting the wheel towards the hillside, to keep us from going over the edge of the mountain. Then, after that, somehow it was as if I was floating over the car, looking down on everything that was happening, still in slow motion, but at a viewpoint to where I could see if any traffic was coming from either direction of the curve's end. A real panoramic view to be honest.

After what felt like 5 to 6 seconds (but in all reality couldn't have been more than 1 or two) I was back inside myself, looking straight ahead, being seconds away from plowing head-on into an exposed piece of sleight rock that was sticking out of the hillside. I reached over and grabbed the wheel, and got us back on the pavement. I can't remember anything else that happened from that point, until almost a quarter of a mile on down the road, when my friend pulled over at a clearing to see what kind of damage the car took.

Once I gathered myself, I told him about what had happened, and asked him if anything similar happened to him, but he said he was so scared he didn't have time to think about anything other than praying to God that he wasn't going to die.... lol. Anyway, we got lucky with the car. The only damage it took was a bent rim, so we slapped on a spare, and very carefully, continued on with the rest of our evening.

I've never experienced anything like this before, or since this happened, but it felt as genuine as anything I've ever experienced in my life. Over the years, I've tried and tried to recall the lost time I experienced after steering the car back on the road, but have never been able to do so.... I've never really talked about this with anyone else other than my friend who was there with me.... so thank you for giving me the opportunity to share this with you.
NXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #36
capreycorn
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=NOWIAM;56374][SIZE="3"]
He seems to be a sincere person with good intentions. Not a demon or Satan worshipper or anything like that. Although his appearance and methods may strike people that way.

Thank you NOWIAM,
i looked into Jade`s link. he`s cool and what he writes is very interesting.
i`ll check the internet (and youtube) if there`s more from him.

Anyway, I remember speaking to him a while back and he claims that Baphomet is the same “god” as Ganesh and also Saturn.
now that you mention this.... during childhood, saturn was my absolute favourite planet.(the ring)..the elephant "ganesh" is a figure i liked a lot for quite a while..

Yet ultimately academic study can only get a person so far. A better way to enhance our studies is not through books alone but through direct experience, and in this case via the inner worlds.
i wholeheartedly agree with you.... in addition to that, i`m not into the occult:mainly the use of rituals and symbols (magick?)....naah!.. (to me rituals are a farce...be it catholic or satanist = samesame)

Just make sure you are well capable of handling any situation which may arise as I’m sure researching Baphomet could be challenging, to say the least.

here`s what i found so far regarding baphomet..
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showp...4&postcount=99

the thing i begin to fear most is the christian religion and its dogmas - a tremendous psychological barrier for OBE`s and spiritual growth (for me and probably for others as well). although the inquisition is over, "fear-of-the-inquisition" "thought-energy" is still here and the executions can still be felt. (my high school teacher let us walk indian-file around a church and later asked us, if we noticed or felt anything...some mentioned the nice tree and the flowers..but i felt like choking at the church`s tower and told him so..upon which he said, that it was the very place where witches were beheaded in the old times)
nowadays, the great mass of christians still acts like a nonlethal-psycho-inquisition.
studies are important to alter the misinterpreted, inaccurate and confusing "christian scripts" which have been imprinted since early childhood..they are "legion" and too strong to just delete/defeat..such "mental script processes" must be nudged the right way..

which reminds me of another probable misinterpretation of the bible:
"the rise of a the multi-horned-beast and its empire"; keeping in mind, where and when that was written, it could only have meant the roman empire not the USA. (as long as the bible is not to be thought of as ultimate book of truth for "the carmic" loops of infinity )

anyhow..i`m thinking about getting in touch with Jade ..but not right now..
(the occult ritual elements..)

thanks a lot NOWIAM

Last edited by capreycorn; 10-24-2008 at 09:35 PM.
capreycorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
obe