Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 10:59 PM   #76
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

Now is all we have
Love is all we are.
When you think about neither good nor evil, how, then, do things appear?

Love from me
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 12-16-2009 at 11:07 PM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:29 PM   #77
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leunamros View Post
You talk about disintegration, i talk about integration.

Dont treat the ego as if it wasnt part of what you are.

You demonize you ego, because it drives you towards desire of things that, if you dont achieve them, you suffer?, that´s life, get over it, i think.

I dont see the need to build up a mentality of being above everything human just to feel happy human, positive, emotions, childish. Happiness is on the same level than every other feeling you can imagine to experience, they are all you, you are all them. You are human, not an elevated being above all of us, humans; dont make yourself so distant, we can´t touch you, then, so cold, we can even feel your heat.

You entire thread is about limiting yourself because, you are too much to yourself to handle. You are your own enemy, not the "ego".

It seems that you speak alone here, you keep talking about the same things i talked with you in the earlier posts, you only enjoy listening to yourself.
Dear Leunamros
Your points are valid and thats the way I percieved things too.
However I was stressed out had ulcers in dept and that was in the early days of getting sober and balanced.
Then along came Eckhart Tolle with the book "the Power of Now" which has sold millions of copies.
I read the book at least 8 times and each time the understanding deepend.

I dident need to be ill stressed limited etc.

I am still in the process of overcoming but with each move forward life gets lighter.
The challenges are still experienced but I view them differently.
The ego was necaessary to get us this far and I thank it for that but we are an evolving species and it is becoming redundant.

Its is not necessary to have an ego to experience life. Life is going to continue just the same, its just much easier to handle. I am becoming more human more concerned for the welfare of others.

I had to have enough humility to accept what those whom I respected had to share with me.

I respect what you shared with me/us and I respect all the contributors.

If anyone is happy with their way of experiencing life then I m also happy for them.

I wasent I am now.

Regards Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:17 AM   #78
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

That is a thread I like. Hello Greybeard. I really enjoyed all previous posts.

I like to see it this way. Take off all that comes from your current life, your name, your nationality, your education, your culture, your parents, your beliefs, your profession, etc... all like it were clothes you could take off like layers that covers your inner soul. And then what is left? What is it there shining like a Star? It is you, the real multidimensional being. All the rest on the floor are the components of your Ego.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #79
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
That is a thread I like. Hello Greybeard. I really enjoyed all previous posts.

I like to see it this way. Take off all that comes from your current life, your name, your nationality, your education, your culture, your parents, your beliefs, your profession, etc... all like it were clothes you could take off like layers that covers your inner soul. And then what is left? What is it there shining like a Star? It is you, the real multidimensional being. All the rest on the floor are the components of your Ego.

Namaste, Steven
That is so Steve in my understanding.
Yes there are some great posts.
I am learning a lot.
Namaste Chris
Old 12-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #80
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

I haven't read this whole thread yet but I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Ego is a very necessary part of human emotion. Our creator did give it to us. It does serve a purpose.

In todays society it seems that people are brainwashed and the ego runs the wrong department.

Ego is a counter balance to low confidence and self esteem.

When ego is applied to the wrong area to compensate for short comings in another, which is most commonly found, you tent to become big headed in certain more confident areas.

When ego is applied to an area that needs improvement it can add a boost to confidence or even overcome anxiety. Adding ego to insecure aeras, the ego does not run away with the personality and you tend to be more true to yourself.

It's almost like the mind builds a personality to be in charge of the body while the mind learns or if misused your mind will go on vacation and ego will run the show. A material world perception-manifestation to be in charge of the body for the conscious for a brief period.

Last edited by Machinamentum; 12-17-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #81
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Chris. Do you think when someone transcends their ego they eliminate it altogether or morph it into a higher consciousness or something else?
LucidJia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #82
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

To transcend ego look into Buddhism.
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #83
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucidJia View Post
Chris. Do you think when someone transcends their ego they eliminate it altogether or morph it into a higher consciousness or something else?
I can only answer from what I have read Lucidjia as my ego is some what tamed but not transcended.

When a person is enlightened there is no me/person left but conscious/awareness remains.
There is still the name ie chris and the personality but the "I" would experience through chris but be perfectly aware that all of chris is the earthly vehicle.
What I am is formless and existed before chris.

Hope this helps.
Mybe some one else can answer this good question more fully LucidJia.
Thanks for asking.
Namaste
Chris
Old 12-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #84
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinamentum View Post
To transcend ego look into Buddhism.
Buddhism is a very good way to go.
In an earlier post I covered the co-creator question.
Basically God dosent need a co-creator.
He gave us free will and we created good and evil.
God is not in anyway co-creator of evil.

Namaste Chris
Old 12-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #85
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

I suggest, the entire goal of creation is to expand your "I" and bring your unique experiences with you so you're a totally unique co-creator with life eternal in the mind of God.

You are a Son or Daughter of God.

You are not here to grow up to disappear. You are here to expand the awareness of who you are in Oneness with All that IS.

Your I is permanent (in fact, it's the only thing that's permanent in all of material creation!).

Overcome the ego is to get back on track on your growth as a spiritual Being, a Co-Creator in the mind of infinity.

The human ego is the personality based on the illusion of seperation. There is no reality in it. You are not your ego, you are I AM. You are infinite potentiality expressing yourself as a limited separate nobody.

There's nothing wrong with this. It is an experience you will take with you on your journey through infinity. You will know what suffering was all about!

But when you are ready to stop suffering, stop playing the victim, and take up our rightful role as co-creators, then it is time to surrender the human ego.

What do you receive in return? You receive your Divine Ego, your I AM Self. Who you are in Oneness with the infinite rather than separate from it. Your Divine individuality. You graduate to the next level in the schoolroom of infinity through Ascension in consciousness.

Seek to save the ego long enough, and eventually you lose your opportunity to play the game of creation, which is the game of More, the game of transcendence. As long as we seek to hold on to what keeps us less, we're stuck while the rest of creation moves upward and onwards.

Overcoming the ego just means going with the flow, the River of Life that is always More.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #86
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I can only answer from what I have read Lucidjia as my ego is some what tamed but not transcended.

When a person is enlightened there is no me/person left but conscious/awareness remains.
There is still the name ie chris and the personality but the "I" would experience through chris but be perfectly aware that all of chris is the earthly vehicle.
What I am is formless and existed before chris.
This makes sense to me. In other words its the complete a total realization that you are infinite consciousness, connected to everything?

I have read Yogananda's autobiography and if I remember correctly he liked to call it self realization. When if at all do you think Yogananda achieved self realization?

It has been a long time since I read this book but it touched me greatly. I recommend it to everyone. I must read it again soon!

Namaste, Jia.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #87
LucidJia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14 Chakras View Post
Overcoming the ego just means going with the flow, the River of Life that is always More.
I like this, sounds good to me

Thanks 14 Chakras. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Jia.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #88
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
This makes sense to me. In other words its the complete a total realization that you are infinite consciousness, connected to everything?

I have read Yogananda's autobiography and if I remember correctly he liked to call it self realization. When if at all do you think Yogananda achieved self realization?

It has been a long time since I read this book but it touched me greatly. I recommend it to everyone. I must read it again soon!

Namaste, Jia.
Dear LucidJia
What 14 Chakras wrote is correct, my answer is also true just more simplistic.

As to Yogananda Dr David Hawkins author of "Power versus Force" and other more advanced books developed a map of consciousness.
He calibrated enlightenment at 600 on his scale and Yoganand a just short of this but at a level of unconditional love ie Saint hood.
There are levels of enlightenment according to Dr David Hawkins which fits with 14 Chakras post.
According to Hawkins only God walks through the final door.
Self enlightenment is also known as God realisation.

Chris
Namaste
Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #89
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=LucidJia;202815]
QUOTE]

I believe Yogananda entered what is called Nirikalpa Samadhi (unending God Union) or permanent Self-realization in 1949. Until you reach that state you can still be influenced by the world and can loose the bliss, temporarily or permanently.

Kriya
kriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #90
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=kriya;202879]
Quote:

I believe Yogananda entered what is called Nirikalpa Samadhi (unending God Union) or permanent Self-realization in 1949. Until you reach that state you can still be influenced by the world and can loose the bliss, temporarily or permanently.

Kriya
Old 12-17-2009, 12:52 PM   #91
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=kriya;202880]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriya View Post

Kriya
What is amazing to is that his body was so pure it did not decay normally according to the morticion report in the book as I remember.
Cetainly he decided to go, turned eyes to heaven and left, as I remember.
Think that is only possible to those who are enlightened.

Regards Chris
Old 12-17-2009, 02:57 PM   #92
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Sri Ramana Maharshi

lifts the veil to reveal

the Light

of the worlds

where are you now

Paramahansa Yogananda

supreme swan

white sail on the waters

towards the shores of Light

how close did you come

Last edited by RedeZra; 12-17-2009 at 05:57 PM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #93
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

The whole thing is realy simple. ( this is me talking to me smiling)
All enlightened ones say basically the same thing.

Enlightenment is a an egoless nonduality state brought about by the grace of God.

Therfore if I want to know about that state it is necessary or me to listen to some One in that state. No theory just ultimate truth.
Not the spiritual circus which talks about it but is not it.

The LOVE of God is not emotional love it is just --- LOVE of The One with out a second. None other.

Namaste
Chris
Old 12-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #94
kriya
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The whole thing is realy simple. ( this is me talking to me smiling)
All enlightened ones say basically the same thing.

Enlightenment is a an egoless nonduality state brought about by the grace of God.

Therfore if I want to know about that state it is necessary or me to listen to some One in that state. No theory just ultimate truth.
Not the spiritual circus which talks about it but is not it.

The LOVE of God is not emotional love it is just --- LOVE of The One with out a second. None other.

Namaste
Chris
It is said in India that enlightenment is 25% your effort, 25% your Guru's effort (or teacher) and 50% the grace of God.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #95
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Enlightenment is a an egoless nonduality state brought about by the grace of God
It is all about the Grace of God

for there are no other
Old 12-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #96
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

This continues to be one of my favorite threads. Quite revealing and refreshing.

I like this analogy

from 14Charkras
"Overcoming the ego just means going with the flow, the River of Life that is always More."

Reading other members (very sincere) post comments, is like drifting down a flowing river, allowing oneself to take in the continuing changing view of both sides of the shore. From this process, one's innerself (soul) will hopefully emerge.

I believe one can occasionally, drift towards a safe shore. But~ just for a brief respite. For being stagnant upon it too long will, give the ego time to wake-up

This process of flowing, enabling the innerself (soul) to fully awake, should eventually lead to leaving one's ego sleeping upon the shore; As you quietly cast off again, towards the ocean of all there is.
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #97
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

ego

a mask in a carnival

a wave on the ocean

a spark from a fire

a tree in the forest

a cave in the mountain

a bird on a wire

a planet in the universe

a man on Earth
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #98
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

In the River of Life analogy, to me the ego is the drop of water that has left the river, it's stuck in some mud along the Way. (and the descriptions in the thread above are great too!)

Being back in the river doesn't mean a loss of individuality, it means seeing who we are in Oneness rather than thinking we are something in separation.

The River of Life is literally made up of billions and billions of "I"s. All the Ascended "I"s make up All that I's ~ IS.

What IS is co-created by all the "I's" / IS.

Overcoming ego is not about loss of Self. Overcoming ego is about loss of self and birth of Self.

Yogananda, Jesus Christ, Mother Mary, Gautama Buddha, Saint Germain (oops controversial one for yah?), Krishna etc. do not cease to exist in the Ascended state. They have simply become much More because they no longer identify themselves as the lowly human who is seperated from the source. They have been reborn in Oneness with the source, and they are literally unique personas of God. Co-creators in Oneness with All that IS, and they are always transcending themselves, always learning and Being More. Eternal Life, eternal co-creation in the eternal Now, total complete freedom where the universe itSelf is our playground, awaits those who choose to Be.

However, affirm your separation, affirm your humanness, & reap as you sew, remain the human, remain the dead burying the dead, when in reality, ye are Gods choosing not to be.

Last edited by 14 Chakras; 12-17-2009 at 08:27 PM.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #99
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

To me, "transcending" is the integration of the Ego into the soul being. Making all experience learned integrated into the soul. I see the Ego as a portion of lived experiences into materiality that once integrated into the long living soul, refines it.

I see the soul diving into materiality to experience Life in a unique way. The Ego take shapes as experiences are acquired and at the time to leave, the soul still needs to digest it all...

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #100
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear 14 Chakras
your input here is greatly appreciated.
Chris
Namaste