Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #476
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: The ego what is it? How to transcend?

By identifying ourselves with anything ..mind..body..emotions..we are finding our limitations.
By disidentifying with those things we find our true nature.

Love Always
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #477
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
By identifying ourselves with anything ..mind..body..emotions..we are finding our limitations.
By disidentifying with those things we find our true nature.

Love Always
mudra
Thanks Mudra.
All these things we leave behind when we depart this world, so why not put them down now?
If not now, when?
Go on you know you want to. -- smiling
With Love
Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #478
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

The ego loves "Victim-hood"
It gives you the "right" to be filled with self pity, to blame, to avoid responsibility, to hate, to judge, to get even, and on it goes.
There is enormous negative energy in being wronged.
However you get more of the same a you set up an attractor field which will bring negative events into your life which prove you have every right to feel sorry for your self.
All that is left brain function.
Been there done it got the tee shirt.
As you begin to get interest in the spiritual right brain start to take over.
The immune system is strengthened, good health, peace, and good things, begin to flow into your life.

Anthony DeMellow
Wrote a great book "Awareness"
He was a Jesuit Priest and his books were banned from Catholic Book stores.
He taught meditation and other things.
He said in the book that many of those that he worked with did not have any spiritual experiences during meditation but, with out exception ,the life of all of them improved greatly.

Chris
Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #479
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Thanks Mudra.
All these things we leave behind when we depart this world, so why not put them down now?
If not now, when?
Go on you know you want to. -- smiling
With Love
Chris
Well, as an Avalon Spiritual Mother and an Avalon Senior Member--I really don't know what these terms mean--I guess the question that I have for both of you is whether anyone at the Avalon Project would be willing to do anything at all to help publicize the Revelations which would very directly address the conflicts in the Middle East, for the purpose of at least diminishing the bloodshed and horrors of the coming "time of trouble", as referred to on my website.

Who do I have to write to--what are their names and e-mail addresses--what precisely do I have to say to impress upon the administrators/directors/whatever of the Avalon Project the importance of these Revelations being as widely publicized as quickly as possible?

Any objective assessment of the current situation in the Middle East clearly suggests that there is not too much time remaining for this to be accomplished...

Before it will be too late.

Is there even a remote possibility that the administrators of the Avalon Project would be interested in this information?

I've been trying for almost 34 years, without success, to inform people of this.
4Q529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #480
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=4Q529;243856]Well, as an Avalon Spiritual Mother and an Avalon Senior Member--I really don't know what these terms mean--I guess the question that I have for both of you is whether anyone at the Avalon Project would be willing to do anything at all to help publicize the Revelations which would very directly address the conflicts in the Middle East, for the purpose of at least diminishing the bloodshed and horrors of the coming "time of trouble", as referred to on my website. (QUOTE)

Hello and welcome to this thread
I can only speak for myself.
Senior member denotes age as far as I know. Its not a title.
I have nothing to do with Avalon Forum other than posting as many including yourself do.
We are all equal here.
Perhaps you could address your question to a Moderator Anchor perhaps.
regards Chris
Old 02-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #481
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

[QUOTE=greybeard;243865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Q529 View Post
Well, as an Avalon Spiritual Mother and an Avalon Senior Member--I really don't know what these terms mean--I guess the question that I have for both of you is whether anyone at the Avalon Project would be willing to do anything at all to help publicize the Revelations which would very directly address the conflicts in the Middle East, for the purpose of at least diminishing the bloodshed and horrors of the coming "time of trouble", as referred to on my website. (QUOTE)

Hello and welcome to this thread
I can only speak for myself.
Senior member denotes age as far as I know. Its not a title.
I have nothing to do with Avalon Forum other than posting as many including yourself do.
We are all equal here.
Perhaps you could address your question to a Moderator Anchor perhaps.
regards Chris
And how, exactly, is that done?

Is there a name and an e-mail address to use?
Old 02-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #482
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

[QUOTE=4Q529;243994]
Quote:

And how, exactly, is that done?

Is there a name and an e-mail address to use?
Sorry thought you would know.
Anchor is a posting member like the rest of us.
His name and a picture of an achor will be beside the post you click on the picture and you can then select the mode of getting in touch.
Also on the top of every page there is a black bar with a CONTACT button.
Try that.
You can of course as a member start a thread of your own about what you are trying to achieve.
I cant remember off hand how I did it.

Hope this helps
Chris
Old 02-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #483
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

Hello 4Q529, I would suggest that you can start a new thread with the info you want to convey.
No need to ask for approval, as long as is within the policies of this forum.

JMHO
truthseekerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #484
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

You beat me to that, Chris
Old 02-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #485
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekerdan View Post
You beat me to that, Chris
That makes a change Dan
Im quite happy to sit back. Im getting lazy in my old age.

Thanks though for all your posts.

Chris
Old 02-26-2010, 01:34 AM   #486
truthseekerdan
Avalon Senior Member

First is "I", and then "you" and "he",
It will manifest the same.
You should seek the true meaning of Self.
Once located,
Ego will vanish, taking with him all others,
Melting in perfect consciousness, where
Self alone remains, the only One.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:30 AM   #487
carriblu
Avalon Senior Member

i cant believe it took me this long to make my way to this thread, a lot of great wisdom here. basically, my spirituality is an ultimate goal of being myself, in the deepest sense of the idea. by 'myself' i mean my inner spirit, my being, the space that i am when i completly let go and let flow what the universe would have flow. to me, the ego is the part of me that is fighting this. i wish i could just live by it, to be fearless and completely here and now, but it's easier said than done in my experience. i would imagine the result of being 'real' is enlightenment if what we really are is spiritual beings. aha! i've only been in the presence of one person in this state and she was the most graceful person i've ever seen, she wouldn't claim it but she is indirectly a great spiritual teacher, just by being herself. a bodhisattva.
carriblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #488
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriblu View Post
i cant believe it took me this long to make my way to this thread, a lot of great wisdom here. basically, my spirituality is an ultimate goal of being myself, in the deepest sense of the idea. by 'myself' i mean my inner spirit, my being, the space that i am when i completly let go and let flow what the universe would have flow. to me, the ego is the part of me that is fighting this. i wish i could just live by it, to be fearless and completely here and now, but it's easier said than done in my experience. i would imagine the result of being 'real' is enlightenment if what we really are is spiritual beings. aha! i've only been in the presence of one person in this state and she was the most graceful person i've ever seen, she wouldn't claim it but she is indirectly a great spiritual teacher, just by being herself. a bodhisattva.
Dear Carriblu
Thank you for your beautiful contribution.
Yes when all that is not you is removed, only God remains.

Please tell you friends about the thread, I learn daily from all who post here.

Chris
Namaste
Ps. if you just happened on this thread please take the time to read other pages, a lot of good posts at the front.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #489
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear friends

On the forum we get all different levels of spiritual truth, mostly secondhand.

Can I suggest if you are interested in moving forward to true Enlightenment
that you do a search for Dr David Hawkins on the link below.

http://thepiratebay.org/

You will need, to use torrent software to down load the Dr Hawkins videos you will find there.
There is no cost, completely free.

There is a series of lectures year by year so it will take some time to download but well worth the effort.

Dr Hawkins is speaking from the level of enlightenment so you are getting undiluted Truth from a mystic of out time.

Chris
Namaste
Old 02-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #490
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

[QUOTE=greybeard;244005]
Quote:

Sorry thought you would know.
Anchor is a posting member like the rest of us.
His name and a picture of an achor will be beside the post you click on the picture and you can then select the mode of getting in touch.
Also on the top of every page there is a black bar with a CONTACT button.
Try that.
You can of course as a member start a thread of your own about what you are trying to achieve.
I cant remember off hand how I did it.

Hope this helps
Chris
Great.

Thanks for the info.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #491
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseekerdan View Post
First is "I", and then "you" and "he",
It will manifest the same.
You should seek the true meaning of Self.
Once located,
Ego will vanish, taking with him all others,
Melting in perfect consciousness, where
Self alone remains, the only One.
To my understanding, Self, whether capitalized or not, is the source of duality; the "self" really consisting of "self"/"not self"; that is, a spatialized duality. My "self" being over here and your "self" being over there.

This "Self" or "self" is created by the 'movement' of self-reflection (symbolized by the "serpent" in Genesis and the "dragon" in the Revelation of John) and is symbolized by the "beast of the sea" in the Revelation of John; the ego (I prefer 'thinker') being symbolized by the "beast of the earth".

This "Self"--the fracturing of reality into a duality--is what Jesus refers to as "Satan" or the "father of lies".

Such a consciousness is the 'fallen' consciousness which has created itself in opposition to the consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' (Genesis 1:27)
Old 02-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #492
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Dear Carriblu
Thank you for your beautiful contribution.
Yes when all that is not you is removed, only God remains.
I would suggest that this is not what is stated in either Genesis or the Gospel of Thomas.

Rather, when the "self" and the 'thinker' are removed, what remains is not God at all, but the non-spatial, non-temporal "observing consciousness" (of the Eastern esoteric traditions, and as conveyed in at least some of the teachings of J. Krishnamurti) Created by and in the image of God'.

In other words, whatever God is, is utterly beyond the non-spatial, non-temporal consciousness Created by God.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #493
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Can I suggest if you are interested in moving forward to true Enlightenment...
I suggest that any attempt to 'move forward to true Enlightenment' is to follow an image/thought which is based upon the desire/fear of the "self"/'thinker' for its own self-preservation; and, for that reason, a fundamentally dualizing pursuit.

As suggested and relentlessly explained by Krishnamurti, the only possible outcome of such a pursuit is more conflict and violence, more preservation of the duality of the "self".

I suggest that any images of "Enlightenment" simply be set aside; that consciousness itself merely be observed to see what it consists of; and, if there is any such thing as a dimension of consciousness which exists beyond that 'normal' consciousness, that will emerge from observation rather than the pursuit of an image/thought.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #494
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I suggest that any attempt to 'move forward to true Enlightenment' is to follow an image/thought which is based upon the desire/fear of the "self"/'thinker' for its own self-preservation; and, for that reason, a fundamentally dualizing pursuit.

As suggested and relentlessly explained by Krishnamurti, the only possible outcome of such a pursuit is more conflict and violence, more preservation of the duality of the "self".

I suggest that any images of "Enlightenment" simply be set aside; that consciousness itself merely be observed to see what it consists of; and, if there is any such thing as a dimension of consciousness which exists beyond that 'normal' consciousness, that will emerge from observation rather than the pursuit of an image/thought.
Thanks for this

Problem is words can only point to and are not it.
Context gives meaning and the subject is so deep and on on different levels of perception that-- That which cannot be spoken of is pointed to but is not it.

Its true that the spiritual ego thinks it is going to be an enlightened ego, (no that is not going to happen) also true that in the beginning there is a desire for enlightenment but even that is a desire and must be released.

Im not a Cristian but l love the teaching of Jesus so I cant quote bible chapter and verse.

My understanding of enlightenment is that it is inherrent within us and we can work to remove the obstacles,(with Gods help), mainly egoic, that stand between us and our true Buddic nature.

When all that is not God is removed the Truth stands out. Only the power of God can remove these obstacles.

"Only God walks through the final door of enlightenment."

That is a quote from Dr Hawkins so dont shoot the messenger.

I know that enlightenment means that I have to die to God and I am prepare to do this out of Love and Devotion to Him who gives me every breath I take.

Im also aware It is correct to live a contemplative life of observation without comment or positionality.

One person I met in Scotland told me that he meditated hours a day, did every practice under the sun for years, finally gave it all up and within a week nonduality happened he was in Oneness.
There has been a lot of good information posted in previous pages coming from various level of perception all valid to that particular level.
all points of view are welcome.

Love and respect to all.
Chrisl
Old 02-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #495
4Q529
Project Avalon Member

With regards to the whole message of this thread, I do not consider it to be merely a "spiritual" matter, merely a trivial matter.

Rather, determining that it is possible to step outside of the consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker' is crucial to the very survival of human civilization itself.

In fact, it is precisely the attachment to the consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker'--through the stubborn belief in religious doctrines which flagrantly contradict the Revelations received by Moses, the prophets, Jesus and Mohammed--which is the specific consciousness which is pushing this civilization towards suicide.

So, for anyone discussing this, do not simply assume that this is merely a trivial matter of serious concern only to the few.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #496
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
With regards to the whole message of this thread, I do not consider it to be merely a "spiritual" matter, merely a trivial matter.

Rather, determining that it is possible to step outside of the consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker' is crucial to the very survival of human civilization itself.

In fact, it is precisely the attachment to the consciousness of the "self" and the 'thinker'--through the stubborn belief in religious doctrines which flagrantly contradict the Revelations received by Moses, the prophets, Jesus and Mohammed--which is the specific consciousness which is pushing this civilization towards suicide.

So, for anyone discussing this, do not simply assume that this is merely a trivial matter of serious concern only to the few.
Dear 40529 244688
While there is quite a bit of humor on the thread, with respect, if you read from page one right through you will find that the whole essence of the thread is the importance as you have said to the survival of the human race, of transcending ego and releasing attachment to the "self" and thinker.

Yes you are right it is that important.

You will find Dr Hawkins saying the same thing.

Chris
Old 02-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #497
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Im sure God doesn't need me as a recruiting officer.
The power of His love is the attraction for me and millions of others..
Some will be attracted, some will not.

I cant force or push those not ready to wake up, it would be a vanity on my part to think I could force anyone to see my point of view.

All I can do is share what I believe to be true and surrender the end result to God.
I believe Jesus said " Of my self I do nothing, it is the father within who is the doer"

I believe that a rising of conscious is happening, so many have prayed for this since Jesus left this earth that the power of prayer may just be having the desired effect.

When conscious has risen enough more people will be awakening.

Ive said before that Eckhart Tolle's book "The Power of Now" has sold millions and is now in many languages. Twenty years or so ago he would have been lucky to have sold a few thousand copies, So people are now ready to read spiritual books written by those with us now who are enlightened.

God would not leave us without the high spiritual energy radiated out from the auric field of the Mystic at this challenging time and there probably are several present in the world now.
The spiritual energy coming from one enlightened sage is so powerful that it counteracts the negative energy of millions of people, thats why the spiritual intention to be enlightened, to die to God and be born anew is so vital.

Anything that is fear based is not of love not of God, however it is necessary to know the consequences of turning away of Love.

I am very positive about the future of the human race, the "signs" are positive.

With Love Chris
Old 02-27-2010, 06:10 AM   #498
Gnosis5
Avalon Senior Member

Self pity seems to be big industry on this planet. What would be the next level of awareness above self-pity?

Compassion, not sympathy, is becoming my new policy :-)

I am not as bad at feeling sorry for myself as I used to be.

Last edited by Gnosis5; 02-27-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Gnosis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #499
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnosis5 View Post
Self pity seems to be big industry on this planet. What would be the next level of awareness above self-pity?

Compassion, not sympathy, is becoming my new policy :-)

I am not as bad at feeling sorry for myself as I used to be.
Compassion for yourself my friend.
" A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle has an enormous amount of information that is helpful in this world.
Your regular visits does me the power of good as does my new friends dropping in.
Tea or coffee next time?
Virtual friend ships are valid.

Chris
Old 02-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #500
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

the phantom I

The individual is sentient and cannot be without consciousness. The Self is pure consciousness. Yet man identifies with the body, which is insentient. The insentient body does not say 'I am the body.' Something else says so. The unlimited Self does not say so either. Then who says it? A spurious 'I' which arises between pure consciousness and the insentient body, and which imagines itself limited to the body. Seek this and it will vanish as a phantom. That phantom is the ego or individuality. The present state is mere illusion. Our aim should be simply to remove this illusion - Sri Ramana Maharshi
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote