Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:33 AM   #1
marcusaurelius13
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Original Sin of Man

"Original sin, the old injustice committed by man, consists in the complaint unceasingly made by man that he has been the victim of an injustice, the victim of original sin." --Franz Kafka

I find this quote to be quite extraordinary. I really think it speaks to the strength of man to either overcome what is in their path, not physically or violently, but mentally and spiritually. It is easy to make excuses and to play the victim. We have all done it at one time or another.

I also think this hits to the core of many worldly problems we have today. Many people lose their faith and it is so easy to escape into TV land, or prozac, or whatever makes you numb.

If you want something, yelling and complaining won't solve anything, even if you are in the right. You have to rise above it and look down from your place among the stars.
marcusaurelius13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape, faith, quotes, sky, stars