Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #1
Paul.T.
Avalon Senior Member

Default Do you have a Nomadic/Wandering feeling in you?

How many, (if any) have a wandering/nomadic feeling or desire in them?

For the last year I have been caught up with the sense of urgency to find some land and get prepared, yada, yada yada!!

The only problem was that there were more questions than answers.

like many others, I have read on this site they seem to have the same questions,

where is a safe place?
a) for earth changes
b) for martial law
c) for thermonuclear war
d) all the above
where is the most affordable property?
whos selling?
who's building communities?

People looking for like-minded to start communities
People wanting to join communities...then we want to be accepted for who we are to join them or have to have a certain mindset to get into one!!!

I have come to the conclusion that we are all part of a growing community already.

AVALON!!!!

and we are everywhere!!!!!

But for myself I have decided that to try to answer these questions and make decisions out of neccessity would probably be detrimental to my spiritual growth. I am choosing to spend 2010 out somewhere roaming in America searching for those answers, for myself.

I can't count how much time I have wasted searching the internet for property, communities, reading about different places for awakening the spirit.

you can't get, IMHO, a sense, a feeling, or a vibe on any of these things until you go, see and feel for yourself.

This is why I am asking if anyone else is feeling this too.

I thought it would be good to relate our travel experiences on things we find for all to share. what I may find may not be suitable for me but may be what someone else is looking for.

we could perhaps have locations for meetups and who knows, we could have a caravan of AVALON members on a QUEST!!!

My personal intent is to help people wherever I may be and to share what I am awakening to. In hopes of raising the consciousness of those I meet along the way.

Consider it a "MOBILE GROUNDCREW" (of 1, at the time of this writing)

I have more ideas about this.

But the one thing that I should say is, I know time is short but, I chose not to live any longer determining my actions by what may be. I chose to live it free in search of what my purpose is.

wherever I end up ( and if there are others with me) then thats where I need to be.

your thoughts?

Paul
Paul.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:33 AM   #2
Shairia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Do you have a Nomadic/Wandering feeling in you?

I really liked the last part of your post Pal T.
Shairia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:51 AM   #3
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

we enjoyed your post too

we figure, that we will be safe, were ever we are !!!

we did all those loops through, potential possibilities

(like you did)

and, figured it is just best to be where the wind blows us !!!

why worry ... just wonder / wander, and, be happy !!!
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:55 AM   #4
Jnana
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.T. View Post
wherever I end up ( and if there are others with me) then thats where I need to be.
Paul
You already know the answer (quoted above).

I was agitated in similar fashion a few years ago. Intuition lead me to where I am now and this is where I need to be (there were a number of "jobs" lined up for me when I got here!)
Jnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:05 AM   #5
Moxie
Avalon Senior Member

paul t: "But the one thing that I should say is, I know time is short but, I chose not to live any longer determining my actions by what may be. I chose to live it free in search of what my purpose is."

Your assumption : time is short.... then you chose to not live by that determination... live free in search of purpose...

Looks to me that the prompt for the search is uncertainty.
That is a valid beginning!

Me? I see the quest/search/life can continue from where I am now.. I'm not setting afoot w/backpack sort of thing, but I "get" the message you send... a pictorial illustration, thank you.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 AM   #6
Instead
Avalon Senior Member

You are not alone in your feeling. The 'Handbook for the new Paradigm' book set clearly answers your question(s). They did several of mine.
As a side note. I'd be proud to stand beside you in our time of change.
Instead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi Paul.T.,

I've been wandering and wondering ever since I left my parents home at 17 years old!

I left the UK at 22, lived in Barcelona for a time, then Paris for another and moved on to Geneva and Basel in Switzerland. Now I live here in Northeastern Brazil and all of this before 'safe places' were thought about!

I think the urgency you are thinking about is possibly the tipping point which is making you do something that perhaps youhave already been wanting to do for some time, get your own piece of turf and go self sufficient.

In terms of safe places, it depends on what you think the dangers could be. If you think tidal waves are going to be the problem, then higher land would be the answer. If earthquakes are what you find to be the threat, then way out of San Frasisco could very well be the wise thing to be. However, before investing in other countries, legalize your status there so that no hicups occur later on and you find out that you've lost everything.

Not wanting to sound too Dhali Lama or Guru, I used the vast majority of my initial travelling time doing some soul searching and being on my own gave me the time and space to find out more about myself. So now I'm content, as I know where I'm coming from and I can now not only communicate better, in spite of me having to speak Portuguese down here, I am resolved and more confident.

If you are a stable person mentally and are prepared to rough it some time, well most of the time, go for it. Don't try to become too Indiana Jones to begin with, do things by simple small stages and before you know it you will have a year or so behind you full of wonderful and sometimes difficult experience. I know, I've been 'away' for over 30 years! At the beginning of my journey, my family thought I was nuts. Now they're envious. Go figure.

Good luck and be strong.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul.T. View Post
How many, (if any) have a wandering/nomadic feeling or desire in them?

For the last year I have been caught up with the sense of urgency to find some land and get prepared, yada, yada yada!!

The only problem was that there were more questions than answers.

like many others, I have read on this site they seem to have the same questions,

where is a safe place?
a) for earth changes
b) for martial law
c) for thermonuclear war
d) all the above
where is the most affordable property?
whos selling?
who's building communities?

People looking for like-minded to start communities
People wanting to join communities...then we want to be accepted for who we are to join them or have to have a certain mindset to get into one!!!

I have come to the conclusion that we are all part of a growing community already.

AVALON!!!!

and we are everywhere!!!!!

But for myself I have decided that to try to answer these questions and make decisions out of neccessity would probably be detrimental to my spiritual growth. I am choosing to spend 2010 out somewhere roaming in America searching for those answers, for myself.

I can't count how much time I have wasted searching the internet for property, communities, reading about different places for awakening the spirit.

you can't get, IMHO, a sense, a feeling, or a vibe on any of these things until you go, see and feel for yourself.

This is why I am asking if anyone else is feeling this too.

I thought it would be good to relate our travel experiences on things we find for all to share. what I may find may not be suitable for me but may be what someone else is looking for.

we could perhaps have locations for meetups and who knows, we could have a caravan of AVALON members on a QUEST!!!

My personal intent is to help people wherever I may be and to share what I am awakening to. In hopes of raising the consciousness of those I meet along the way.

Consider it a "MOBILE GROUNDCREW" (of 1, at the time of this writing)

I have more ideas about this.

But the one thing that I should say is, I know time is short but, I chose not to live any longer determining my actions by what may be. I chose to live it free in search of what my purpose is.

your thoughts?

Paul
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #8
TheChosen
Avalon Senior Member

Just by discussing these things the core of a very diverse group formed from the several people I know in real life.

Soon after the location (South Europe) was also given through telepathic/astral means.

This being said, I am pretty set on where I will be and I think that anyone who is meant to go to such places will find their group through synchronicity...
TheChosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:38 AM   #9
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I'd like to move to Spain
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
Paul.T.
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for all the responses,

eXchanger- I always love reading your words

Steve A thank you for your posting,
Yes you are correct that I have been wanting to do this for a long time. Every time there is a natural disaster I have an urge to go, but my former thinking always held me back. Usually it was timing, money, had other things to do. Looking back they were excuses, to avoid stepping out of my comfort zone.

Finding property isn't the main goal here, but "self "

The things I need I hope will be provided when it is time!!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

In addition to what everyone else said here, just look for the signs everyday, there are hints and directions being sent to you in your everyday life,some from within and some from the forces around you, all you have to do is pay attention to the details, connect the dots and your answers will appear..
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #12
Paul.T.
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrangello View Post
In addition to what everyone else said here, just look for the signs everyday, there are hints and directions being sent to you in your everyday life,some from within and some from the forces around you, all you have to do is pay attention to the details, connect the dots and your answers will appear..
I have begun to do that and the sychronisities are profound. I look forward to the journey solely based on this.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

it seems to be instinctual to feel Nomadic...my love and i have traveled far together and never feel more at home, then when we are "on the road".

Our destiny is on the road...

It seems to be instinctual for most humans as well..

Often when i am reading one members post, or another, i get this urge to be beside them! to see the world thru their eyes!

Whether spiritually or physically...i always yearn to Wander...
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #14
bigmo
Avalon Senior Member

I was just reading the posts on this thread
and I began thinking about this forum and others I have participated in over the years. This probably isn't the right place to make this comment but since I am here and the spirit has prodded me, I will.

I do not participate in many forums as I get tired of filtering out the BS trying to find substance and I value my time.

I have been here for a very short time and am amazed at the quality of the information I find here as well as the level intelligence (not that being smart is always the answer) and commitment most seem to bring to this forum.

I truly feel blessed to have run across such an interesting group of people. This may sound funny but it seems that I have found a place of kindred spirits!

I enjoy my time here viewing the threads and want to thanks those who have been here for a while for their efforts and their contributions.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts.

Peace
bigmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #15
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

You are most welcome!

*celine offers you a cup of jasmine tea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmo View Post
I was just reading the posts on this thread
and I began thinking about this forum and others I have participated in over the years. This probably isn't the right place to make this comment but since I am here and the spirit has prodded me, I will.

I do not participate in many forums as I get tired of filtering out the BS trying to find substance and I value my time.

I have been here for a very short time and am amazed at the quality of the information I find here as well as the level intelligence (not that being smart is always the answer) and commitment most seem to bring to this forum.

I truly feel blessed to have run across such an interesting group of people. This may sound funny but it seems that I have found a place of kindred spirits!

I enjoy my time here viewing the threads and want to thanks those who have been here for a while for their efforts and their contributions.

Thanks to all of you for your efforts.

Peace
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #16
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Many felt they had to prepare for journeys around a year ago when this site was getting so much information regarding NWO agendas, now it has become a place of calm souls, we have all learnt that if you are to be urged to go, then go, for most i feel we realised that the time is to look within, this is where the real work is taking place now.
But i have a wandering soul and understand those who look for pastures new i would like to wish everyone good luck with their life changes.
Avalon is a special place many kind souls here, we have connected for a reason i feel, to learn/ educate or be educated a wonderful mix of creative people.
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #17
WineHippie
Avalon Senior Member

paul, i can relate, and i post this to emphasize the essence of
other posts here: you are not alone
you and i have both posted in another thread which seems
very similar to this one, starseed's "looking for community"
thread... so i won't repeat myself here.....
p e a c e
WineHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #18
Kamikaze
Avalon Senior Member

Before when I was caught up more whit doomsday stuff I had a "wish" to go and escape my home to travel and find a "safe" place. But the effort needed to set it up for something so uncertain as world happenings good/bad was way to uncertain for me to try.
I've stayed in place and tried to find better understandings and knowledges about the world and in turn also found new paths in how to understand myself in various ways and to further my own mental evolution such to say.

Now I'm not all to inclined to find a safe haven to flee to. But now I rather have a urge to explore the world be it in safe or unsafe environments to gather experiences and more understandings etc one could gather in meeting people as such. I've yet to set out on any journey but to still to gather that required from within myself to be prepared for whatever that may come in my path.

I'm still gathering that which needs to be solved from within but I've started to take a short step forward whit my travels by taking walks locally every day. They are simple and uneventful but it helps and I like them so I keep it up. Just a little snack for my journeys nomad self until I'm really ready.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #19
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Céline View Post
it seems to be instinctual to feel Nomadic...my love and i have traveled far together and never feel more at home, then when we are "on the road".

Our destiny is on the road...

It seems to be instinctual for most humans as well..

Often when i am reading one members post, or another, i get this urge to be beside them! to see the world thru their eyes!

Whether spiritually or physically...i always yearn to Wander...
I feel the same way. Home for me isn't anything special -- it's just a place to retire at night. I feel more alive when I'm moving and traveling and exploring.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote