Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Default Why is the Moon smiling????

Ok...I picked up this story from another web site and decided to follow...

quote...
Quote:
last evening when driving home from the city (AAlesund) i noticed that the new moon was "upside down" the earths shadow were on the topside so we had a smiling moon,i have never seen this before here in Norway only on the other side of earth Egypt, Saudi Arabia) and the earth shadow covered so much of the moon that it was only a tiny tiny that was showing.. i wonder if PX is near enough or in between the sun/earth so that it can cast its shadow on the moon. Ihave always liked the moon and spent many hours looking at it dreaming about sitting there looking down....
and i have never ever seen it that way before,90` off giving me a smile..
quote...
Quote:
However the photographs in the above threads are useless in showing the actual inclination of the moon since one can not see the horizon in the pictures.

I called Ingemar Lundström at Lunds University, senior Lecturer at Lunds University, dep. of astronomy and astrophysics.
He said that if I were correct in my observation that does not make any sense because it should be geometricly impossible, unless the axis of the earth had shifted. My sentiments exactly...

He seemed like a really nice fellow, Ingemar; and he showed interest in recieving photographic evidence.
Here is his contact information if you would like to come in contact with Ingemar.
http://www.astro.lu.se/Staff/staff/ingemarl.html
so anyway after reading this...whilst walking my dog later in the evening...low and behold YES the moon was smiling the lighted area was at the bottom of the moon...the shaded area was on top!!!

So I decided to do some research and found that YES something is up...!!!

This is what the moon should look like in the Northern hemisphere!!

Just check Feb 2010...

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/time/moon/

Has the Axis shifted or shifting.... POLE SHIFT????

I will keep you posted to further findings... otherwise anyone with further info please post...

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
top369
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Why is the Moon smiling????

I saw the same thing here in Slovenia... I only saw that in tunisia... and I'm looking up a lot....
top369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
chitty
Avalon Senior Member

Maybe the "Pole Shift" pertains to the MOON. Could possibly explain massive floods in our past. What say, 777, Dano the mano.

Last edited by chitty; 02-18-2010 at 01:51 PM.
chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
mpea
Avalon Senior Member

Sometimes the moon isn't where it should be in the sky so this doesn't surprise me at all.
mpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Well it doesn't make sense to me... I cannot find any information that suggests that the moon should be in this smiley position...unless someone can inform me !!

http://www.calculatorcat.com/moon_phases/phasenow.php

As far as I can remember I have never seen the moon 'waxing crescent' in that position!!!

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
tron
Avalon Senior Member

The Fatima prophecy
""...and everything done on Earth shall be subverted and disappear in its season... In those days the fruits of the Earth shall not flourish in their season,... heaven shall stand still. The moon shall change its laws, and not be seen at its proper period." "

I am currently reading this
http://divinecosmos.com/index.php/st...he-revelations

from this thread
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20190
tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

You are right Viking. In the northern hemisphere, it shouldn't be 'smiling'. It is the case near the equador, I lived near the equador in the amazonas jungle and it was just like this.

Now, if we would have someone living near the equador to confirm if its still in its 'normal' position...

If it is true, I beleive it is, than there is no doupt in my mind, the Earth moves its rotational axes in relation to the sun. It would also corroborate the observation of the inuits people in northern Canada.

Weather will change, but no worry, Earth is a sentient being. Our consciousness is shifting, might be a correlation...

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Remember that the Moon is not the kind of place NASA have been spoon feeding us to believe it is all along. In fact it's a place of wonder and mystery even till this day. It houses the remnants of prior civilizations, it casts light and backscatters almost in an atmospheric way, it's rich and diverse with crystal and other rare minerals, its fluorescence is spectacular and various light phenomena has been observed for centuries. It may even be an outpost for a current lunar civilization we are unaware of.

It is much much more than just rocks and craters. So if you see something odd one night, do not be surprised.

Its no surprise people have been performing magick rituals under its light and the different phases.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #9
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
It is much much more than just rocks and craters. So if you see something odd one night, do not be surprised.
A treat for those who may not have seen this wonderful documentry on the true colours of the moon and what's actually there. Below is part one. Enjoy.

gita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gita View Post
A treat for those who may not have seen this wonderful documentry on the true colours of the moon and what's actually there. Below is part one. Enjoy.
Moon Rising is an excellent film, in fact I think its one of a kind in the sense that nobody has ever done a moon documentary in this way.

Everybody has their style with moon anomalies, Jose's good thing is that he'll take old black and white Apollo images and apply earth color pallettes as to accentuate the most prominent features, that's a very unique method. But a little thing maybe he doesn't know is that you can get very high quality Full Color Apollo images (per request) from here: http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/sseop/mrf.htm

Secret website among our group
Old 02-18-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Seen this moon on Tuesday evening. Approx. 8:15pm (Scotland)

The visible part of the moon was bright orange
Was pretty cool against the black sky
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #12
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks majorion for the link. I just checked it out and am finding it somewhat difficult to navigate - I expect I'll be spending sometime there.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Since I live in BC, Canada....I just so happened to be outside last night & looking up to see some stars. I noticed the moon & yes the lighted part was in the lower bottom half........laying horizontal.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #14
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gita View Post
I just checked it out and am finding it somewhat difficult to navigateThanks majorion for the link.
Example: http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseo...34&frame=20426

-Click "request".
-Wait 5 minutes.
-"Save as" the link at the top.

These are huge full color images, but you will need to adjust the levels with software like photoscape or gimp.

The usual result

Or, super color
Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM   #15
gita
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Example: http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/scripts/sseo...34&frame=20426

-Click "request".
-Wait 5 minutes.
-"Save as" the link at the top.

These are huge full color images, but you will need to adjust the levels with software like photoscape or gimp.

The usual result

Or, super color
Excellent - Many thanks. x
Old 02-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #16
Hypnotize
Avalon Senior Member

I saw this last night(wednesday)during my walk home and it amazed me, I'm in Oregon and I have never seen the moon like that before. It looked really cool over the pacific.
Hypnotize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #17
5thElement
Avalon Senior Member

Also speaking from the Northern Hemishpere - NW US - can confirm that the moon has looked like it was smiling for the past 2 nights. Visible in the Western sky right after dusk.
Shoud it be in the West at dusk this time of year? Seemed odd to me but maybe it was the 'smile" that threw me off

El
5thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #18
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Just took a look outside and yeah, the moons just like that picture you posted viking. I noticed it first about a week ago and thought wtf

Its absolutely amazing that "noones noticed" ... Its the bloody moon!! How can people be so unaware of the environment in which they live.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The moon is smiling here in Belgium too tonight .
This phenomena of a smiling moon was reported on december 2008 in Thailand as well:

And here is a picture of a moon crescent taken later on in 2008 with an even lower slant that the one I see in tonight's sky.

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 02-18-2010 at 08:19 PM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #20
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Speaking of the moon,

We had one night here where the moon was so bright it lit up everything outside to the extent it could look like early morning. Could even see the blue color of the sky.

I don't know how abnormal that is, but it struck me now that the moon was almost directly above us at the time (here in norway) which from what I can gather would mean that in order for it to be a full moon, which it was, the sun would have to partially or fully shine through the earth?

If someone have an answer to me on how this happens, feel free!

Can't see the current moon around here...snowing too much...
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:40 AM   #21
lucrum
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The ecliptic is tilted, but it never flips over itself, so the only time the sun and moon are at the same azmuth is during a new moon. 6 hours away just means they are 90 degrees apart in azmuth and that is only loosely connected to when they will rise or set. What it does mean is that if the sun is due west right now, the moon is due south right now and 6 hours from now, the sun will be due north and the moon due west. But depending on the tilt of the ecliptic for your season and location, the sun, the moon, both, or neither may be up at either of those times.

For example, first quarter is this Saturday. 3 hours or so after sunset (9:35), the moon is at an azmuth of 251 degrees and the sun at 294. The sun and moon both trace out the entire azmuth circle in a day, with the sun chasing the moon for half the month and speeding away for the other half.

What people are noting is the tilt of the ecliptic. Once a day in the middle latitudes, the ecliptic is near vertical on each side of the sky, with the times dependent on the season. So when the moon is on it in that part of the sky at that time, it is laying on its side. And this can happen in any phase and happens every month at a different time and in a different phase. Here's the view last night (ecliptic near vertical) and August 5 (nowhere close to vertical), both times a little less than 5 days past new.
Got this from a forum I found searching the subject.
http://www.physicsforums.com/archive.../t-203670.html

I guess it makes sense what is said there, since the sun kinda rotates clockwise over the sky here, it will eventually shine at the moon from "below" the earth compared to us in the north. Therefore, when the conditions are right the moon will appear horizontal.

It's only really visible at new moon and can happen at different times each time.
lucrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

The moon knows what's up and for that, it smiles at us.

Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote