Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Default A Message To Avalon

Hello everyone!

Ive noticed through my short time here that there are a lot of people who wish to put a barrior up between the users of the forum and the moderators. This is completely unnecessary. The users here have just as important a job here as the moderators, but it is essential that we work together.

Remember a couple of points.

* Our governments have spent the past few millenia controlling us by brainwashing us into recognising all the little 'differences' that we have. And then brainwashing us into thinking that these 'differences' matter. They do not matter, each on of us can play an effective role here whilst sharing a mutual respect. This is teamwork, and it has been our complete inability to do this effectivly down through history that has made us so easy to manipulate.
* Each one of us has come here to fullfill a role. Although you may not be aware of this you have come here for a reason. There are over six billion people on this planet, and only 5,000 have met the required circumstances in their lives that have lead them to this forum.
* The powers that be continue to screw us in every oriface whilst they laugh heartily at our little attempt to come together. You must remember that any fighting in this forum is making them grin from ear to ear. We all have our differences here, but we are adults and have the responsibility to put our petty differences aside and come together and start working as a team.
* This forum is more important then a lot of people realise. We are in for a very difficult future, and i know this may seem hard to swallow but that is the conclusion i have come to after a decade of intense research. Having the most supplies, or the biggest baracade up outside of your house is not going to determine if you get through this. Its how well you can come together with your fellow people that will ensure your survival.
* Its time to work as a team. The moderators are here to do a job that is more difficult then can be seen by the users. I know this, after just a few weeks of working here i can see how stressfull things can get, and now more then ever we need the support and respect of the users so as to make our job a bit easier. We are working for everyone here, and when people put up barriors it makes this job much more difficult.

Remember guys and girls, we are all in this together and need to co-operate fully in order to accomplish what we each came here to do. We are here because we answered the message that we felt as an urge from the soul level. This is not a game, there are very serious times ahead.

All the best,

Jack
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Dean Plejaren
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: A Message To Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ryan
The role of the moderators is to help us throw a good party

Dean Plejaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Baggywrinkle

I think the administration should promote everyone to moderator status. Now THAT would be fun to sit back and watch - at least until I got banned.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
Myplanet2
In The Mists

I think one of the proposed new mods just got drunk and peeed in the corner
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
betweenyouandme
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Hello everyone!

Ive noticed through my short time here that there are a lot of people who wish to put a barrior up between the users of the forum and the moderators. This is completely unnecessary. The users here have just as important a job here as the moderators, but it is essential that we work together.

Remember a couple of points.
Very true Jack, I hope we can really unite. It's tough when your so far away from each other, at least for the moment. But that shouldn't give us any more reason to feel free to flame one another based on job status...

Oh just had an idea, have elections for new mods in the future?
I guess i'm thinking that because that way people can't complain when one becomes too strict or otherwise unsatisfactory. Then again it might be the ring of fake democracy ringing in my ears that the world give us all. lol.

[Mod note: Hi I snipped the excessive amount of repeat text, which is one thing our guidelines ask the members to please help us with. Karen]

In any case, cheers, you do your job well. Good luck and unity coming your way.

Last edited by Karen; 11-23-2008 at 04:12 AM. Reason: snip excessive repeat text
betweenyouandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
FrostyMcunicron
Avalon Senior Member

Location: a box in the inner city w. a slight chance of suburbia New Jersey

mod status really isnt anything to get all ego & dick tripping over. Someone behind that computer screens awfully pathetic if they feel that "mod" rank on any sight is something that elevates them a step above their fellow humans. hah.
FrostyMcunicron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #7
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyMcunicron View Post
mod status really isnt anything to get all ego & dick tripping over. Someone behind that computer screens awfully pathetic if they feel that "mod" rank on any sight is something that elevates them a step above their fellow humans. hah.
Its not a case of that but more a case of members misinterpreting what moderators are doing. So far, every single mod ive talked to is a cool, levelheaded person who is trying their best to do their job fairly and effectivly. But this can and often does be misunderstood by some of the members of the forum. Ive seen many being branded as elitists, or authoritarians on false grounds.

Some of the people on the forum are tending to freak out when a thread gets moved for review (most often its just because its been posted in the wrong section, theres that many threads that its difficult to file all of them at times) and because as a result of the default forum code, when a thread is moved for review unless you are a moderator or researcher you will see the message "You are not allowed view this page" or something along those lines. And i can understand why that doesnt sit well with some people.

Theres been a lot of comotion about this lately which is why i posted this thread. Its important to keep focused on what exactly we are trying to achieve here and not allow avalon to rot from the inside out due to petty arguments and people refusing to accept other peoples views.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #8
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyMcunicron View Post
I can guarantee you that it doesn't elevate you in any way shape or form, and nor should it.

We are all equal in the eyes of the one creator, and no one is above or below any other.

A..

PS: First-class post Jack
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #9
Kelphi
Avalon Senior Member

Everyone is learning so well.....Truth is whatever you want it to be and.......whatever you create for yourself to be......

And oh, we all create our own realities....... I forgot that one.

We don't really believe this do we? Seems like a good rock to hide behind and play dead.
Kelphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:43 AM   #10
Myplanet2
In The Mists

I know what you mean, Kelphi. Why would anyone want to think for themselves when there is a perfectly good bible to do their thinking for them? Do I have that about right?

author of ones own destiny? poppycock.

Last edited by Myplanet2; 11-23-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #11
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

I like your style Jack, full power to you.
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #12
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

As moderators, we rarely get a complaint anymore from members about other members misbehavior since the subscription has started. However, it is ironic that the one member that recently generated complaints got a free subscription.

In addition, no one has been banned in weeks and no infractions have been given in weeks. In fact, we don't do infractions anymore so there is not automatic ban when someone reaches 3 infractions.

Basically, we have a good group and most of the member's requests we receive these days are for technical assistance.

So finally, many of us are now spending our time doing what we did before we became a mod. Reading and posting.

Personally, it is much more fun now as a mod then at the beginning when we were getting numerous complaints from members about other members on a daily basis to deal with.

The primary focus now for many of us is on getting the library ready for use, the 2012 thread and preparing for economic melt down. Meaning most folks realize that becoming as self-reliant as possible is a good idea. They now recognize that creating radiant zones is a good idea and they now realize making connections is a good idea.

Avalon is finally on track.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I trhink you are are really trying to be fair and keep up the good work.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

I think a special thanks should go out to Karen who handled all the subscription stuff and getting everybody on or signed up. And also to those that helped her handle this, thanks Karen!!!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #15
Lunaris
Avalon Senior Member

yeah thank you karen! she was with me for days trying to get me re-activated!

(hugs)

and to all the other mods..i do not envy your extra workload...i couldn't do it myself!

thanx to all! yes we all have our special roles here...lets just enjoy them and not worry about the rest..

love and light!
Lunaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #16
cantaloupe
Avalon Senior Member

I've never had to consult a mod but I've gotten a little guidance here and there from their posts. I just think if someone is willing to give their time so that this can all go smoothly for the rest, then what I have for them is gratitude.
Thanks, mods, for demonstrating that sort of regard for us.
Cheers and Best wishes to all in this new year.
cantaloupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #17
no caste

To the Mods!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:10 AM   #18
Lunaris
Avalon Senior Member

to be COMPLETELY honest and FAIR...

let's just shed some LIGHT on this (from MY perspective anyway)...i was a part of this forum BEFORE it went subscription...it was HELL!! it was! no matter what your "intent" your "style" your "spiritual orientation" you were eventually and quite brutally put on the "defensive' through attacks on your character, history, sex, whatever have you...

now...THIS IS WHAT WE DO KNOW AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT...

the peoples/souls/spirits/light workers/warriors on this forum are NOT duped that easily...we see through BS way more than the "average" person...ok...so you go and scan someone...what do you see?? in the "subtext"...a touch of power trippin?? a touch of narcissism??

are you WRONG???

most likely NOT.

here we are...all human..all transforming into our new levels..all SEEING without the eyes what's REALLY going on underneath the surface..

this is not easy. it isn't easy for the person "seeing" and it isn't easy for the person who put themselves in the position to "be seen" and learn from this experience...

yeah...you know what??i actually know a couple of mods here personally and i can testify they are working for the collective good...

now...during the "dark times" of this forum..i insulted a "member" low and behold...they became a mod the very next day! ahahhahahhaha...coincidence?? or power trip by an insecure entity trying to regain control in some small way...

WHO CARES??????

if this entity is on the path..and their intentions were for not the right reasons..

BELIEVE ME! they will "get it" back in a VERY significant way eventually...

anyway..

just do WHAT YOU DO!

BE WHO YOU ARE!

SHINE!

we are all here waiting for your rays to touch us!

let the mods do their work..they wanted that role so let them have it...

no one is better here..

WE ARE A TEAM!

all is one.

always.

blessings and love to you ALL!
Lunaris is offline   Reply With Quote