Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Default Call your congressperson!!!

Instead of worrying about the various conspiracies we need to take action that sends a message to our govt. Call your representatives and voice your opinion on this!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/sc...ml?ref=science

If you dont know the number, go here:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

Spread the word, not just for this but for every issue that threatens us. Your call counts!!!
hueyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Call your congressperson!!!

You really believe it'll make a difference?
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
Better than contriving ideas on who to blame for it. I believe that if the phones ring off the hook it will leave an impression.

You can also organize resistance, contribute to causes that support your beliefs. For some getting online and complaining makes them feel that they are doing something. While it does help, a simple phone call by all would help as well.

I wrote to my congressperson when the Military was trying to take away benefits and make me pay for medical procedures they should have provided. Within a week the Military reversed its decision. Of course writing a letter and sending it certified mail goes alot further than a phone call. If you really want to make an impression then write a letter. Problem is that most are to complacent to do that. It takes time, effort and costs a couple of dollars.
hueyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
Whether opposing bailouts or the destruction of our resources, this is good advice and links to your congressperson!

Excerpt From Campaign For Liberty Article: Auto Bailout Looming

It is easy to become frustrated and assume that calling and writing your representative does no good, but this is a time when it becomes especially important. Those who are currently opposing the bailout need to have their opinions reinforced by hearing from their constituents, and those who may be on the fence should be encouraged to vote against it. The main reason legislators often ignore their constituents is that they figure they can get away with it. That's a belief we have to change, which means that we can't give up contacting them. The best thing for them is to discourage you to the point where you throw up your hands, stop caring, and stop trying.

Let them know that you're serious about keeping them accountable and that you're not going away.

Suggested Letters Here: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/autoletters.php

The Campaign for Liberty is here to help you build networks of citizens in every state to take back our country. Find out what is going on where you live and get involved. This will be a place where you can:

• Find out what is happening in your county and your congressional district and get involved
• Learn about your state's government, how it works, and who's in charge
• Meet your state Campaign for Liberty leaders
• Get news and action items about your community

95905 Members

Find out what is happening in your county and your congressional district and around the world here:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/kb.php

Last edited by peaceandlove; 12-12-2008 at 05:04 PM.
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

It is a good idea... I mean it is our only way to bit#h directly to the source..... I really should start doing it more often... I am just scared that they will put me on some kind of terrorist watch list or something... I gues oh well...

We really do need to let them know that were watching them just like their watching us..
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #6
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceandlove View Post

Whether opposing bailouts or the destruction of our resources, this is good advice and links to your congressperson!

Excerpt From Campaign For Liberty Article: Auto Bailout Looming

It is easy to become frustrated and assume that calling and writing your representative does no good, but this is a time when it becomes especially important. Those who are currently opposing the bailout need to have their opinions reinforced by hearing from their constituents, and those who may be on the fence should be encouraged to vote against it. The main reason legislators often ignore their constituents is that they figure they can get away with it. That's a belief we have to change, which means that we can't give up contacting them. The best thing for them is to discourage you to the point where you throw up your hands, stop caring, and stop trying.

Let them know that you're serious about keeping them accountable and that you're not going away.

Suggested Letters Here: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/autoletters.php

The Campaign for Liberty is here to help you build networks of citizens in every state to take back our country. Find out what is going on where you live and get involved. This will be a place where you can:

• Find out what is happening in your county and your congressional district and get involved
• Learn about your state's government, how it works, and who's in charge
• Meet your state Campaign for Liberty leaders
• Get news and action items about your community

95905 Members

Find out what is happening in your county and your congressional district and around the world here:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/kb.php
This entire list is a surrender of personal power and responsability.A complete desire for someone else to do our thinking.To give advice is to add a vice and stunts growth.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:40 AM   #7
sammytray
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
It is a good idea... I mean it is our only way to bit#h directly to the source..... I really should start doing it more often... I am just scared that they will put me on some kind of terrorist watch list or something... I gues oh well...

We really do need to let them know that were watching them just like their watching us..
scared???
sammytray is offline   Reply With Quote