Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
nivosh
Avalon Senior Member

Default is rain water safe?

Hello friends.

We have a nice rainy season here in Israel, and i have bagan to collect the rain water
for drinking to avoid the mind destroying flouride and other nasty stauff put in our water.

The taste is great, But do Rain water really safe?

do you have any experiance with drinking rain water?
nivosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
Shadowstalker
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: is rain water safe?

That depends do you have CHEMTRAILS in your area? they do have filters for rain water if you can find them, if you feel unsafe.
Shadowstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
TRANCOSO
Avalon Senior Member

Purify it before drinking rain water.
TRANCOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

There are ways to properly collect water...i know Rain water here is not very healthy...

Rainwater harvesting is a technology used for collecting and storing rainwater from rooftops, the land surface or rock catchments using simple techniques such as jars and pots as well as more complex techniques such as underground check dams. The techniques usually found in Asia and Africa arise from practices employed by ancient civilizations within these regions and still serve as a major source of drinking water supply in rural areas. Commonly used systems are constructed of three principal components; namely, the catchment area, the collection device, and the conveyance system.

http://www.gdrc.org/uem/water/rainwa...roduction.html
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

It depends where do you live. If you are in an area that is being chemtrailed it may contain barium and other harmfull substances

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Ahh, don't you miss the days when you could actually drink rain drops without any worry?

Sad, quite sad.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
nivosh
Avalon Senior Member

But is it better then tap water?
nivosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Not here...(eastern canada)
Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Ahh, don't you miss the days when you could actually drink rain drops without any worry?

Sad, quite sad.
Yes I do, but I got a sanofi filter which is quite good, made of terracota
Old 02-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivosh View Post
But is it better then tap water?
The only thing that comes to mind is that you can get it analized?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #11
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Tap water - you never knows where that comes from - at least in the urban areas. Nor do you know if it contains additives like, chlorine, fluiride, anti-bacterial substances etc.

I'd say that the best still is a true well - if you can find any of those still in you country - where the water has been purified and sieved throught the ground for many, many years.

There are as well many purification techniques however, which cleanses from most contamination and attitives.

Personally I think that the techniques utilized by the antroposophes are very, very interesting in this respect. Simple. Not technology driven. Patience oriented, natural, beautiful even...Take a look at these three samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWPlpdVLil4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__btPn1qag
http://www.wikihow.com/Purify-Water

/M
I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

i just wanted to say..btw...

GREAT Thread, thank you for posting this...

This is why i am at Avalon..to learn from fellow Avalonians how to ...make better choices.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Hi nivosh,

I collect rainwater on my small farm here in the northeast of Brazil. I drink it and it hasen't done me any harm so far. The only difference I have found is in the taste, where the rain water seems to taste a little 'woody'.

Of course you would have to take care to keep your collecting recepticles clean as it may not be the water that harms you, but the germs from your cistern or water tank.

As far as it being better than 'tap water' supplied from the local water authorities, it depends. They do filter the water and add chlorine. If you're okay with your water not having chlorine and you need to have it filteres, you can filter your own water by using an earthernware filter pot. Personally, both rainwater and tap water satisfies my thirst and cleans the house. It's your call.

You could play it safe and use the water for domestic use, like washing and domestic chores and drink mineral water.

Best regards,

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivosh View Post
Hello friends.

We have a nice rainy season here in Israel, and i have bagan to collect the rain water
for drinking to avoid the mind destroying flouride and other nasty stauff put in our water.

The taste is great, But do Rain water really safe?

do you have any experiance with drinking rain water?

Last edited by Steve_A; 02-26-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
Vidya Moksha
Avalon Senior Member

Water has an amazing property in that it strips its immediate environment of the minerals its needs to be 'healthy'. Water attempts to make itself as 'healthy' as possible at all times.

When we drink water that isnt at its full health it strips our bodies of the minerals and elements it needs. It therefore depletes us of essential nutrients and minerals, even if it may quench our thirst.

Rain water does not contain all essential elements for the waters full health therefore it will strip the body of these missing components. Drinking rain water, in the long term, is therefore not a good idea.

However there is some good news! If you suspend a bag of granite dust, or other highly mineralized substance in a non degradable bag withing your water storage device, then it will give the water all the health it needs. Simple and effective, Storing water in egg shaped terracota amphora (as the Romans did) is even better, as it creates spirals in the water which also give the water energy.

Check out Viktor Schauberger's work on watrer collection and storage.. his book the water wizard is available as free download from www.scribed.

Spring water is best, then well water, then rain water. Drinking distilled water for any length of time is very bad for you.
Vidya Moksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
Boober
Avalon Senior Member

My rain water is horrible but it is better than my tap water. My tap water is i think in the top three of cities that have the most deadly tap water in california. Lol, its not always deadly but it adds up. So personally I would rather drink the chemtrail rainwater anyday. But its between tap and rain , its definitely all relative. I remember once my friend got 50,000 bucks cause he drank out of the water fountain at his school. What and why did this happen? Well he might not be able to have kids, and the , cement plant, I think it was the cement plant was leaking something into the groundwater the school , Elementary school , i might add , and it mixed in with the drinking fountain water. True story. I almost wish I drank out of that fountain, now that I think about it.

Last edited by Boober; 03-17-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Boober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #16
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Ah, Vidya, I thought your words sounded familiar. I love Victor Schauberger's work, he was an absolutely amazing man. "Living Energies" is a very thought provoking book, although quite difficult for the non-scientist to read. I understand a bit more each time I read it.

Cheers

Carmen
Carmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #17
Vidya Moksha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
Ah, Vidya, I thought your words sounded familiar. I love Victor Schauberger's work, he was an absolutely amazing man. "Living Energies" is a very thought provoking book, although quite difficult for the non-scientist to read. I understand a bit more each time I read it.

Cheers

Carmen
He is a hero of mine too
He is equally difficult for scientists to understand too! I handed out his books to my fellow scientists at work recently and they are equally fascinated and bewildered. Think I'm getting through to them though. I would love to play with his ideas on soils as well.. I discovered them after I left my farm....
Old 03-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #18
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

I havent really studied his soil info either. His fascination and long time passion with water really made me think differently about it. He backed up all his theories with practical application, but as so often happens, the money men (the controllers) closed him down.

I listened to a great talk couple of days ago by a New Zealand farmer who has great knowledge and practical application for soils and agriculture. He got onto talking about the varying vibrations as it applies in agriculture. Showed how the vibrations coming from poisons weaken people, also cell phones. Had a person in the audience lift a weight, then put a container of roundup next to him and he couldnt lift the same weight. Not all people are affected, but many are. He showed that just being near a poison can affect you, without even coming in contact with it or inhaling it!!!

Cheers

Carmen
Old 03-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
Vidya Moksha
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen View Post
I havent really studied his soil info either. His fascination and long time passion with water really made me think differently about it. He backed up all his theories with practical application, but as so often happens, the money men (the controllers) closed him down.

Cheers

Carmen
free pdf online here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7379096/Co...ile-Earth-2000

just as fascinating as his water work...

and while i am on
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7379130/Co...of-Nature-1998
Old 03-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #20
Carmen
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks, yes, Ive got that book, just havent studied it much yet. Wasnt he asked by the Bulgarian Govt years ago to help improve their agriculture, the fertility of their farmland. I remember the golden plow with tynes sheathed in copper!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:07 AM   #21
Dougall
Avalon Senior Member

You can use these distillers for purifying water making essential oils or making whiskey. Water Distillers - WE BEAT PRICES:
http://www.webeatprices.com/
Dougall is offline   Reply With Quote