Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #76
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Default Re: The secret life of plants

The behavior of plants and the ways they interact reveal awareness. For instance, there is a warning system among pine trees in a forest and interaction between individuals of a species. There are also responses between kingdoms. Some of the finest examples of interspecies communication are to be found where insects, such as bees, form a symbiosis with flowering plants, serving as pollinators in return for nectar and pollen. Interaction reaches a peak in the orchid family which displays some amazing forms of flowers as well as highly ingenious methods of pollination. The lady's slipper traps a bee in a chamber and frees it by a special exit only after pollination. One group of the genus Ophrys mimics wasps and certain species of flies in a harmless deception. It produces a likeness to the female insect along with an irresistible scent, which attracts the male to try to mate with the flower, thus pollinating it. The timing is synchronized so that the flowers bloom just when the male insects hatch out. Insects and plants have perfected, by mutual awareness, a relationship lasting millions of years.

Kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-23-2009 at 09:27 AM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #77
Gemeos
Avalon Senior Member

Wow!!! This garden is really growing fast!!!

I don't know what happened to the pictures I posted... I'll try posting them again.

Again, thank you mudra for starting this and all of you who are contributing to this paradise.

Love and Respect

Gemeos
Gemeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #78
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

The Fibonacci spiral in plants

Enjoy !

Blessings
lightbeing

Last edited by lightbeing; 06-23-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: copyrights
lightbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #79
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

When I lived in Northern California among the redwoods I would see a faint white misty cloud emanting from old trees as I sat on my deck in quiet mode. Also when I embraced them or leaned on them I could feel their energy, a subltle vibration.
Aloha, Bushycat
bushycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:55 AM   #80
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushycat View Post
When I lived in Northern California among the redwoods I would see a faint white misty cloud emanting from old trees as I sat on my deck in quiet mode. Also when I embraced them or leaned on them I could feel their energy, a subltle vibration.
Aloha, Bushycat
Youuuuuuu Might just be a Shaman!
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #81
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

xxxxxxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mitzi&Fleurs.jpg (13.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by bushycat; 06-23-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 06-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #82
bushycat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
Youuuuuuu Might just be a Shaman!
Don't know about that. But it was during a very active awakening time for me.And the setting there, in a small canyon with its lovely stream, so quiet and magic, was conducive to such communications. Lots of people see auras. My sister does, I don't, more likely to FEEL energies of plants, people, rocks, animals.

Also, as we look at these fabulous images in this Avalon Garden, we realize it's the colour vibrations and wondrous patterns of the plants, the flowers which thrills us, speak to us. Divine designs all,we have an endless display from Nature's art. But I must admit, the energies from the big trees is something else. There are some ancient redwoods in parks which were little ones when Chist walked the Earth.

Aloha, Bushycat

Last edited by bushycat; 06-23-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #83
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Old 06-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #84
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The Sophisticated Musical Tastes of Plants

Through their animated responses to classical and heavy rock music, plants further divulge their preferences. In studies of plants exposed to heavy rock music, the plants not only grew away from the music source, but some grew either abnormally tall and put out excessively small leaves or remained stunted. In some cases the plants died. When classical music was played to the plants, the plants grew toward the music source with healthy growth. The same plants, marigolds, who died when listening to rock music, flowered when listening to classical music. The authors report, "the rock-stimulated plants were using much more water than the classically entertained vegetation, but
apparently enjoying it less, since examination of the roots revealed that soil root growth was sparse in the rock group, whereas in the classical group, root growth was thick, tangled and about four times as long."

In India, Dr. T. C. Singh, in his studies of music and plants, stated that he had "proven beyond any shadow of doubt that harmonic sound waves affect the growth, flowering, fruiting and seed-yield of plants." Singh also reported that girls dancing India's most ancient dance style accelerated the growth of daisies, marigolds and petunias. The dancing caused them to flower much earlier than the control group of plants, presumably because of the rhythm of the footwork transmitted through the earth.

Many studies have been conducted on communication with plants. Not only do plants react to human touch, but they are listening to us. You might wonder: how do plants hear? Well, they don't have ears. Plants seem to have another way of listening, though, perhaps through some sort of a universal vibe...

Consider Dr. T.C. Singh who, in 1950 when he was performing experiments on hydrillas with the encouragement of Professor Julian Henry Huxley, was excited to discover that the raga, a devotional song rising out of South Indian tradition, did in fact have a "religious" effect on the plant species-- among other physical growth, the hydrillas' stomata per unit area was 66% higher than in control plants. Singh since has conducted his raga experiment with various other types of plants, including economic ones such as radishes and sweet potatoes, and believes that he has "proven beyond any shadow of doubt that harmonic sound waves affect the growth, flower, fruiting, and seed-yields of plants." It is interesting how this relates to the ancient myth of Lord Krishna, the eighth and principal avatar of the Hindu deity Vishnu who induced plants to blossom by singing ragas to them.

YouTube - Ravi Shankar - Raga Rangeela Piloo[/ame]"]

Other studies have shown that Bach's sonatas work as a nutrient supplement for plants, and those that listened to George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" 24/7 sprouted earlier than those kept in silence. The following video on an experiment conducted by Dorothy Retallack reveals the music that plants prefer:

YouTube - Plants likes soothing music[/ame]"]

kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-23-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 AM   #85
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

hey Mudra gardens blommi fab

im learningtodopicssoontheni beback

toshowyousomebooms

avalon garden in bloom...cor .. bloomim georeous ..

cant wait for the Autum display ...
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #86
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Healing plants

Dandelion

Hawthorn

Prunella vulgaris

Senna (cassia marilandica)

Sunflower (helianthus)

lightbeing

(A word of caution, not in anyway should these plants be used
for healing purposes without thorough knowledge of their healing
properties or without consulting your physician)

Last edited by lightbeing; 06-23-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #87
sleepingnomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbeing View Post
The Fibonacci spiral in plants

Enjoy !

Blessings
lightbeing
lightbeing,

I'm blown away by these photos and by nature, it never ceases to amaze me!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #88
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you sleepingnomore !

Nature never ceases to amaze me too.

Just beautiful, as we are !

Namaste
lightbeing
Old 06-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #89
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Lightbeing,

Walking here everyday and discover the new plants
your are adding to the garden is a blessing
Thank you !

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #90
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Amazing grace

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #91
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: The secret life of plants

Just "passing thru," thinking I had to be doing "something else,"
I paused to listen to Ravi & Anoushka Shankar play the Raga Anandi Kalyan.

The Spirit of the Music spoke into my Spirit.
I realized I did not need to be anywhere other than where I am.

Thank You Mudra

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #92
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Thank you Jrod ,

" Each moment is a gift...aptly named the "present "

Kindness to you
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-24-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #93
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Plant Devas Caught on Camera!

Kirlian photography is now able to verify the existence of living, changing light radiating from plants. And many "seers" and scientists have seen light emanations and moving forms coming from plants. Hindu sages refer to devas. Clairvoyants and other sensitives are able to directly see and communicate with the fairies, elves, gnomes, sylphs and other creatures which live in and among plants.

Tompkins and Bird conclude, "Evidence now supports the vision that plants are living, breathing, communicating creatures, endowed with personality and the attributes of soul."
Old 06-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #94
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

kirlian

Semyon Davidovich Kirlian was a Russian scientist, utilizes electric voltage to develop his technique of photography, living objects are photographed upon metal plate charged with high frequency,voltage of electricity. He studied bioenergy field of living objects. He observed the dry out of living objects becomes less conductive and eventually weakening of the electrical field.

corona

Kirlian photography is shown the well known phenomenon of corona discharge. that is under certain condition, the local electric field near to conductor highly concentrated to produce electric charge that can ionize air. This discharge of electrical energy is called corona discharge. Corona can transform discharge energy into small amount of sound, radio noise, heat and chemical reaction of the air to produce ozone.

template of energy body

The existence of template energy body is supported by experimental neuroscientist Burr by his study of energy fields of living organisms of plants and animals. He discovered the electric field around the young sprout was not the shape of seed, but electric field resemble of grown adult plant. This fact shows growing plants are predestined to follow the templates of energy field, that is configuration of electromagnetic qualities of each species of living organisms.

phantom leaf effect

The electrography shows energy field of entire leaf eventhough certain portion of leaf is cut off physically. The phenomena explains the mover principle of subtler matter and existence of hypothetical matter called ether by ancient philosophers.

Kindness
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 06-24-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #95
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Old 06-24-2009, 01:48 PM   #96
J_rod7
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: The secret life of plants

After the Flowers, comes the Fruits...

.. Lychee Fruit Flowers...
... ...

.. Ripe Lychees after the Flowers...
... ... ..

... ... ..

... .. Dragon Fruit Flower with Bees...
... ... ... ..

.. Yellow Dragon Fruit...

.. Zamorano Dragon Fruit...

.. Purple Haze Dragon Fruit...

... Ginseng...
... ...

J_rod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #97
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Wow Jrod this is very welcome.
Some of these I have never tasted or seen.
The dragon fruits are so much interesting in their color and shape.
I am not surprised to discover Ginseng is red as it gives so much energy.

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #98
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

The durian is the fruit of several tree species belonging to the genus Durio and the Malvaceae family (although some taxonomists place Durio in a distinct family, Durionaceae). Widely known and revered in southeast Asia as the "king of fruits", the durian is distinctive for its large size, unique odour, and formidable thorn-covered husk. The fruit can grow as large as 30 centimetres long and 15 centimetres (6 in) in diameter, and it typically weighs one to three kilograms (2 to 7 lb). Its shape ranges from oblong to round, the colour of its husk green to brown, and its flesh pale-yellow to red, depending on the species.
The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour, strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as fragrant; others find the aroma overpowering and offensive. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust. The odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia.
The durian, native to Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia, has been known to the Western world for about 600 years. The 19th-century British naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace famously described its flesh as "a rich custard highly flavoured with almonds". The flesh can be consumed at various stages of ripeness, and is used to flavour a wide variety of savoury and sweet edibles in Southeast Asian cuisines. The seeds can also be eaten when cooked.

Kindness
mudra
Old 06-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #99
lightbeing
Avalon Senior Member

Heart shaped flowers

Namaste
lightbeing
Old 06-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #100