Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
pilgrim
Avalon Senior Member

Default The change in contributors to Avalon.

Has anyone noticed the marked change in the quality of contributors and threads to Avalon this past week or two?
The threads have become so childish, so outlandish in the accusations of whistleblowers and advocates of the call to freedom, that I for one was thinking of giving up on visiting this site. That is, until I realised that Avalon has become a victim of it's own sucess.
In other words, it has attracted a huge amount of attention from the 'enemy'.
The almost illiterate writing, unsubstantiated accusations, name calling and so on, is a deliberate attempt to put off the more serious and discerning people that visit and enjoy this site as a focal point, a gathering place, of the 'alternative community' .
I can only suggest that agent provocateurs are at work trying to disrupt the excellent work that Avalon does.
The quality of the writings for the first few weeks was absolutely brilliant. Then it started to decline as voices of descension, nit-picking etc, started to creep in.
Because of the overwhelming need for a site such as this, the avalance of new members took Kerry, Bill and the moderators by surprise. Now that it is settling down a bit we can see that we have unwelcome 'guests' amongst us that have inveigled there way in.

If that is the case, I can only ask that the genuine contributors to this forum stick with it, post your opinions with renewed vigour and know that we are making the difference by their presence. Their presence means we are getting to them.
good luck, Tom
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote