Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Fina
Avalon Senior Member

Default Avoid Bromilated Vegetable Oils in Breads & Baking Products

Avoid Bromilated Vegetable Oils in Breads & Baking Products

Posted on Educate-Yourself.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/bromi...s16dec09.shtml
December 16, 2009

It’s the Bromilated vegetable oils in bread that are causing the obesity, HFCS causes diabetes, brain disorders and contributes to obesity, but its the decrease in thyroid hormone from bromilated flour that is killing our youth...and you.

Start looking for Bromide on the package-labeling of the breads, rolls, and hamburger buns we buy. Guess what? They hide it under another name!!!
Azodicarbonamide

Here's the lowdown... and notice that it's OUTLAWED elsewhere!!! All your fast-food joints use it, including Subway... not healthy... SO STOP BUYING ANYTHING WITH THIS CHEMICAL IN IT and buy the more expensive organic breads... BUT READ THE LABEL!!! Also, AVOID anything with partially hrdrogenated oils. Always, always, read the ingredients.

Google this chemical Azodicarbonamide and read all the nasty stuff. Then, take a look at this site regarding partially hydrogenated oils, which can cause Type II Insulin resistant diabetes: http://www.healingmatters.com/

Azodicarbonamide

Carbamoyliminourea

Other names

Azodicarobxamide
Azobisformamide
C,C'-azodi(formamide)

Molecular formula

C2H4O2N4

Azodicarbonamide, or azobisformamide, is an organic chemical, C2H4O2N4. It is a yellow to orange red, odorless, crystalline powder. It is known as E number E927.
Contents

# 1 Use as a food additive
# 2 Other uses
# 3 Safety
# 4 See also
5 References
[edit] Use as a food additive

It is used in food industry as a food additive, a flour bleaching agent and improving agent. When it reacts with flour, it behaves as a hydrogen acceptor, and is quickly and completely converted to urea, which is stable even during baking. The reaction occurs only during wetting of the dough. In the United States, acceptable doses for flour treatment range between 0-45 ppm.[citation needed]

Use of azodicarbonamide as a food additive is banned in Australia and in Europe. In Singapore, the use of azodicarbonamide can result in up to 15 years imprisonment and a fine of $450,000.
Other uses

The principal use of Azodicarbonamide is in the production of foamed plastics. The thermal decomposition of azodicarbonamide results in the evolution of nitrogen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, and ammonia gases which are trapped in the polymer as bubbles to form a foamed article. Common examples of this application are window and door gaskets, padded floor mats, gym/exercise mats, shoe soles etc...
[edit] Safety

In the UK, the Health and Safety Executive has identified azodicarbonamide as a respiratory sensitiser (a possible cause of asthma) and determined that products should be labeled with "May cause sensitisation by inhalation."[1]

Azodicarbonamide may cause an allergic reaction in those sensitive to other azo compounds (such as food dyes). The consumption of azodicarbonamide may also heighten an allergic reaction to other ingredients in a food.

Subway Restaurants use Azodicarbonamide in their breads[2], as does Dunkin Donuts [1]. It should be noted that during the bread baking process azodicarbonamide is completely decomposed into gasses (carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrogen, and ammonia) and therefore is never eaten.
Fina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Avoid Bromilated Vegetable Oils in Breads & Baking Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fina View Post
Use of azodicarbonamide as a food additive is banned in Australia and in Europe. In Singapore, the use of azodicarbonamide can result in up to 15 years imprisonment and a fine of $450,000.
Other uses

In the UK, the Health and Safety Executive has identified azodicarbonamide as a respiratory sensitiser (a possible cause of asthma) and determined that products should be labeled with "May cause sensitisation by inhalation."[1]
Does this mean it is used in the UK or not? I assume not as I haven't seen this on any bread products (as I don't tend to eat much bread)... I have read that bromide it added to the bread but maybe that is only in the States...

If you want to know how bad all the halides are (the group in the periodic table which need only one electron to become stable (ionically) this is worth a read... by the way Iodine is the only safe halide for some reason...

A thread I wrote earlier...
http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14461

Last edited by Connecting with Sauce; 12-19-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Wow, I knew that there was something wrong with the wheath flower in the UK. After moving here some years ago I developed gluten intolerance (it almost killed me)

I am a gluten free person now...but I get to eat a wonderful artisan biodynamic bread so everything has a silver linning

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
Machinamentum
Avalon Senior Member

NOOOO!!!

I't's the Oroweat TOO!!!

Sad day

I'm just going to have to start making my own bread from now on.

I'm going to go blow the dust off my bread machine.
Machinamentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

Since the 80's I've been reading labels when I buy my groceries. Things have got so bad now, that it takes me an extra half hour in the store just reading labels. I buy about half my food at the natural health food store, where things are organic and non-gmo & the rest at the supermarket. I too had to give up gluten products because I could no longer tolerate it & became quite ill from it.
This has added much more time to my reading labels....I discovered that gluten is in everything & not always on the labels in my country. I would be quite happy now if I could just take a pill for my daily nutrition, & not have to do the food thing.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
Scarab
Banned

It's in the shoes you wear.
Scarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:01 AM   #7
energymyfoot
Avalon Senior Member

after all why get old on a wheel chair? I rather die young then living in this slave world...

people just live your life...
energymyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #8
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Oh great. Yet another chemical to avoid and since this one can be attributed to my thyroid issues (which I suspect are also genetic?). I really don't want to go on a gluten-free diet because once you mess up your health, you're paying for it the rest of your life (either in medication or some other form).

Organic = $$$ around here unless you grow your own.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
conkroach
Avalon Senior Member

Bromides, like flouride, take the place of iodine in the thyroid gland. Not good.
conkroach is offline   Reply With Quote