Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Default Article: 100% Proof Google is Keeping Conspiracy Sites Down

Lucus Drador the guy that did the "The Destroyer Star & The Future of Mankind" presentation at Brave New Books wrote an article some time ago that shows how Google is suppressing conspiracy sites by messing with "link relevancy" numbers.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.worldproutassembly.org/ar...oof_googl.html

If you haven't seen his Destroyer Star presentation it's worth checking out because he connects a lot of the dots. You will find it on Youtube.
shiftmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Article: 100% Proof Google is Keeping Conspiracy Sites Down

The NSA have been good buddies with Google for a while now.

Another thing that lends credence to this, is when you will notice anytime you google search a conspiracy, say 9/11, or apollo hoax, or 2012... always at the top of list or near to it is a debunking website for said conspiracy. Now it's one thing to accept there are two or more sides to every story, and that's a good thing, but everytime I google any alternative topic at the top of the list a debunker site is offered, always, and now that's the suspicious thing.

Other times I wonder why certain conspiracies, namely 2012, why these are heavily promoted on search engines, especially Google. This could be an indicator of disinformation that is deliberately being pushed to the top. If the 2012 conspiracy were absolutely true and these people knew about it, then isn't it more logical they'd suppress as much about it.

Last edited by Majorion; 02-09-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

It's fixed. Information management.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
enemyofNWO
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
It's fixed. Information management.

I like the scandalized reaction of Google at finding out to be object of attention of the Chinese spooks . It is really laughable . Google takes orders from the alphabet soup agencies of the west , but when they are asked by the Chinese government pretend to be angels . Shocking stuff .
enemyofNWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #5
Chamber
Banned

Your site is only black listed because of the orange color.

What? It's True!

Orange is the secret to all mysteries that "They" don't want us to know!

No....I'm seriously serious!

Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member

They're kept in a state of fear. Don't wanna trigger the eye of sauron.

Once you're in, you're in.
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorion View Post
Now it's one thing to accept there are two or more sides to every story, and that's a good thing, but everytime I google any alternative topic at the top of the list a debunker site is offered, always, and now that's the suspicious thing.
Not really suspicious at all. When you upload a website to the Internet, search engines look for key words. Once found the engine creates a list of sites. This will go from the most likely site to the most unlikely site.

If your savvy with website building you'll use the most likely key words then you'll implement a SEO (search engine optimiser). This really allows you to fine tune the site to be most attractive to ANY search engine.

So!...if your good and have an understanding of the SEO protocols you can get your website right up there on the list, even when it's unrelated to the requirements of the persons search.

As a case in point google ....French military victories. Click the one at the top of the list. You get a spoof google site that’s says, "Not found. Did you mean French military defeats?"

This was a classic but funny case of SEO. Right at the top of the list is the complete opposite or unrelated website to the search requirements.

NO conspiracy just savvy SEO.... your welcome.

Last edited by SteveX; 02-09-2010 at 11:49 AM.
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
Must be a lot of savvy SEO debunker websites.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #9
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

yes....you can google them

Nowt queer as folk mate. In that French SEO case it was a 22 year old student goofing around.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #10
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveX View Post
Not really suspicious at all. When you upload a website to the Internet, search engines look for key words. Once found the engine creates a list of sites. This will go from the most likely site to the most unlikely site.

If your savvy with website building you'll use the most likely key words then you'll implement a SEO (search engine optimiser). This really allows you to fine tune the site to be most attractive to ANY search engine.

So!...if your good and have an understanding of the SEO protocols you can get your website right up there on the list, even when it's unrelated to the requirements of the persons search.

As a case in point google ....French military victories. Click the one at the top of the list. You get a spoof google site that’s says, "Not found. Did you mean French military defeats?"

This was a classic but funny case of SEO. Right at the top of the list is the complete opposite or unrelated website to the search requirements.

Did you read the article Steve? Maybe I'm missing something but SEO for keywords is a completely different aspect of site ranking. The article does not mention keyword relevancy as you are describing- it refers to "link relevancy".

The article points out that the link figures on popular conspiracy sites (which one can find with a special "link search") come up much lower than the actual figures.

He gives some examples and describes the process that he used to find the discrepancy in the numbers. If the link relevancy is kept artificially low, those sites will have lower rankings.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #11
sjkted
Avalon Senior Member

There's a reason for this and it isn't SEO. SEO is still important, but it stopped being the main show about three years ago when Google altered their algorithms.

What happens right now is each site has a PageRank which is kind of like a popularity meter for your website. Basically, the more established your site is and the more hits it has, the higher the page rank and the higher it will be in the search results. Any MSM news site will have more than double the pagerank of a "conspiracy" website due to just the amount of traffic they are pushing.

To see what I'm talking about go to http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php and type in a MSM news site and then type in the conspiracy sites. See how much higher the pagerank is for the MSM sites and you will understand why they always rank highest.

--sjkted
sjkted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #12
shiftmonkey
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
There's a reason for this and it isn't SEO. SEO is still important, but it stopped being the main show about three years ago when Google altered their algorithms.

What happens right now is each site has a PageRank which is kind of like a popularity meter for your website. Basically, the more established your site is and the more hits it has, the higher the page rank and the higher it will be in the search results. Any MSM news site will have more than double the pagerank of a "conspiracy" website due to just the amount of traffic they are pushing.

To see what I'm talking about go to http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php and type in a MSM news site and then type in the conspiracy sites. See how much higher the pagerank is for the MSM sites and you will understand why they always rank highest.

--sjkted
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I still don't understand how that explains the discrepancy in the link figures as described in the article.The amount of links to a site will still have an effect on that site's ranking right? The numbers listed in the ":link" search are significantly lower than the actual figures.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #13
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmonkey View Post
Did you read the article Steve? Maybe I'm missing something but SEO for keywords is a completely different aspect of site ranking. The article does not mention keyword relevancy as you are describing- it refers to "link relevancy".

The article points out that the link figures on popular conspiracy sites (which one can find with a special "link search") come up much lower than the actual figures.

He gives some examples and describes the process that he used to find the discrepancy in the numbers. If the link relevancy is kept artificially low, those sites will have lower rankings.
I confess I'm no Internet expert but from my own website building I know the importance of key words and SEO. That's what I based my reply on. However, SJKTED has answered the question for both of us.

Also may I point out the link you supplied is way way out of date. Not being funny but you should noticed that. It was published in August of 2007.

When I was testing the theory in the link I noticed an error or an anomaly. Look at these links and notice the dots used :::::::: The author supplied a : link but no . link. See below.

Link:www.infowars.com 5,340....respective links
Link.www.infowars.com 307,000
www.infowars.com 3,860,000
google search infowars 1,390,000

did the same for the jolly old BBC

Link:www.bbc.com 21,300....respective hits
Link.www.bbc.com 34,500,000
www.bbc.com 254,000
google search BBC 115,000,000

It seems it's all a bit of popularity contest. On the beauty pageant of google searches it seems conspiracy sites are low on the agenda.

EDIT to clarify... its the :::::: used after the word link.

EDIT made a typo and CORRECTED google search infowars to 1,390,000 NOT 139,000 as I posted ....sorry for that

Last edited by SteveX; 02-11-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #14
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

"Wizards's First Rule: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

Gosh this is so true, I hate being stupid!!!!!

Oh well, fool me once shame on you........
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #15
truthfinder
Avalon Senior Member

I don't use google very often, I already saw the video about it, and after that, I started using my MSN Explorer more, that is my drether anyway, it is faster and it may cost 10 bucks a month, but it is worth it to me. It is just as good as google . They are probably watching it too, but I don't have any trouble going to any conspiracy sites on it. I don't like IE 8 anymore anyway. I love my MSN Explorer.
truthfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #16
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthfinder View Post
I don't use google very often, I already saw the video about it, and after that, I started using my MSN Explorer more, that is my drether anyway, it is faster and it may cost 10 bucks a month, but it is worth it to me. It is just as good as google . They are probably watching it too, but I don't have any trouble going to any conspiracy sites on it. I don't like IE 8 anymore anyway. I love my MSN Explorer.
Try Firefox, any browser from Microsoft is way outdated.