Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Economy and Currency

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
ophiuchus
Avalon Senior Member

Exclamation imf plan for gold on wednesday?

http://www.stockhouse.com/Columnists...-for-real-Thom

worth reading, where do you stand? this might be a counter measure for calls on comex deliveries. let's hope massive calls for delivery ko's them.
ophiuchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 AM   #2
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: imf plan for gold on wednesday?

Quote:
“The IMF will say we need to take outperforming assets and put them in places where we can get the economy of the world going again. This is a replay of 1934, an artificial depression. The central banks will end up with the IMF’s gold.”
That's how they operate. The prices drop and 'guess who' with deep pockets buys it all up? I think any deflation in the price of gold will be temporary as I don't see how the govt can escape hyperinflation and dollar collapse which will send gold prices soaring. If they are doing this now then the guys who want the gold must conveniently know that economically much worse stuff is in the pipeline. Gold is security and they have the power to get it at the best price before shtf. I think it's all another ruse.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
silverman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post

worth reading, where do you stand? this might be a counter measure for calls on comex deliveries. let's hope massive calls for delivery ko's them.
Absolutely great reading and of course the price of gold will crash if they announce to dump all their gold in short time.

On the other side a clear proof, that the heavily manipulate markets and there are enough smart investors, having enough pocket money and looking forward buying up 3000 tons worth roughly USD 75 billion @ USD 777/oz.! It will take a while to buy this up....lets say a couple of weeks....

If they really dump that gold you can be sure that the next big move up in gold will be dramatically. I do not agree, that gold will fall below 600 forget this....

greetings, silverman
silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #4
hueyii
Avalon Senior Member

Guess we'll find out if this is true very shortly.

Plenty of Gold bouliion for sale out there. People usually just by the contracts and sell them. Hardly any gold is ever delivered. Rumors on this board about hoarding, from what I can tell by looking around, are overblown. The price hit a high in Oct/Nov but its down almost $10/oz. since then.

If you want to buy it and own it go for it. Contracts for purchase should get you delivery by sometime in Jan/Feb(?). Check it out.

Last edited by hueyii; 12-09-2008 at 11:52 PM.
hueyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #5
_N_
Avalon Senior Member

I was thinking of buying some today, but now I'll wait to see, maybe next week.
_N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #6
WalkerTalker
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: imf plan for gold on wednesday?

Yes! My hope is we all will demand physical gold ownership and not believe they are "holding" our gold, backed with paper and a promise.
WalkerTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
silverman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophiuchus View Post

I had a sleep and made my mind again. I can't imagine, they will do this. For more than 10 years western central banks agreed not to sell more than 400 to 500 tons of gold per year.

And now comes IMF and shall announce to drop 3000 tons into the market? If they really do so THEY HAVE TO! Since they need money too and this might be as well to rescue COMEX! These might be the only two reasons.

If they really drop it by ones into the market WE ALL KNOW that they have the clear intention to kill the PM market. I believe one phone call to China and they are more than happy to buy it up immediately.

3000 tons of gold is still pocket money for China.

Greetings, silverman
silverman is offline   Reply With Quote