Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Seriousness...

Someone sent me this, and I felt those over at Avalon could use a little bit of it in their lives!

MY BELOVED FELLOW TRAVELLER...**
******NAMASKAAR******
*****THANX FOR YOUR LOVE*****

It should not be taken seriously. The moment you take it seriously, you miss. It is a drama. Taken as a drama it is tremendously beautiful. One has nothing to lose in it and nothing to gain; it is simply fun. And once you start looking at life as fun, as humour, as joy, as play, all worries disappear on their own accord; all problems by and by become irrelevant.

Because whenever there is a wound of seriousness surrounding that wound, problems, anxieties, worries collect. They feed on the wound of seriousness. Whenever that wound is healed, when one has forgotten all seriousness in life, one lives in a totally different way. Then life is sheer joy.

With seriousness one gets entangled in knots. The pure flow of life is lost. Any moment that you become serious, suddenly you are out of tune with God. Laughing, you are with God, and God is with you. Serious, you are a thousand miles away from God. One thing is certain -- God is not serious; otherwise, so many flowers, so many stars, and so much joy in the world would not be possible. God is not like some serious headmaster in an old type of school. He is very joyful . . . there is so much laughter. Only man has forgotten that.

And priests have created such stupid ideologies that they make man more and more serious. They talk more about sin than about joy. They talk about hell, they talk about fear; they talk of going wrong. They create so many problems that one is bound to become serious. Each step is dangerous with the priests. They don't allow fun, they don't allow laughter, because if you can laugh you will start laughing at the priest too -- that's the fear. He can exploit you only when you are serious.

When life is a very serious thing you are available to all sorts of exploitation. Let fun loose in the world and there will be no politician and no priest to exploit you because who will bother about them? In the East this has been one of the greatest insights into life -- that life is a leela, a drama, a play.

So from this moment, start looking at life as a game. Whatsoever it brings, it is beautiful. Even sometimes pain, if taken nonseriously, is beautiful. And if you take even pleasure seriously, it is no more beautiful. Seriousness is as if your soul becomes a closed fist: it cannot hold anything. It is so closed and there is so much tension. It is not a healthy hand. When the fist is there the hand is very tense and very unhealthy. An open hand is wholesome, healthy, alive, flowing.

So when one is serious all the petals close -- one becomes like a fist. Good if you are going to fight -- then the fist is needed. Good if you are angry -- then the fist is needed. Good if you are going to murder somebody -- then the fist is needed. But when you murder somebody, even before you have thought about it, you have started murdering yourself. When you think of poisoning somebody, you have already poisoned your life stream. Your anger will go on the other later -- first it poisons you. So be like an open hand, with no tension.

If pain comes, that is part of it. If pleasure comes, that too is good. And always remember that it is a drama, and that everything comes and goes. Nothing remains -- only the watcher . . . only you remain. The nights come and the days come, and sadness and happiness and unhappiness, and sometimes high and sometimes low, but all these things come and go. Nothing abides.

So let this message be inscribed on your heart: This too will pass. Then nothing is serious; everything is passing. Only the watcher remains. And I can see the possibility.

OSHO:-)

HIS BLESSINGS WITH LOVE FROM BABA....
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Seriousness...

Pure and juicy truth! mmm, taste real good.

There is a good reason that people like Hitler, Stalin and the likes take themselves dead serious...
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
Peer
Avalon Senior Member

Tired of writing yourself Greg?
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #4
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer View Post
Tired of writing yourself Greg?
Read the first draft of my unified theory I wrote a couple days ago and come back to me when you're a little bit more peachy. Namaste.
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote