Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
Flying Fish
Avalon Senior Member

Default Healing

I have been practicing reiki for several months now and have found that is has raised my vibration significantly. Anyone else familiar with this healing energy?
Flying Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 PM   #2
SunRa
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Healing

i am familiar with reiki... had an attunement and also used some products which supposedly had been charged with it...
from my personal experience
i did not find the energy especially powerful or useful...
i don't know if that means it is bogus
or if i am just not of that particular frequency...
i have found that reiki healings are especially calming for me
which might be exactly what it was meant to do...
SunRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 11-10-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
SunRa
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
I am a Usui Reiki Master/Teacher

The universal energy used is what is known as subtle energy. It is mild and relaxing which helps the body and chakras to balance and then be able to introduce self healing. The more one uses the energy the stronger the channel of energy becomes. The energy coming through the Reiki practioner will adjust to the energy of the person receiving the treatment. Some people feel warmth, cold, strong energy, or a more gentle application. While others feel nothing. The reiki is still working. The receiver just isn't sensitive to feeling energy. Some people are very sensitive and some people aren't. There is nothing wrong with either of them. Everyone has specific tendencies that they are born with that others do not have. This is normal

Alexandra
thanks for that reply alexandra...

as i really am still not sure about reiki...

i usually am very sensitive to all energy around me when i want to be...

i just don't feel the reiki as strongly as other things...

i kinda like the softness of it... but it seems one must be really really strong with self to keep the healing it has extended, as it just fades away rather quickly if one is not already fit of mind and spirit... but come to think of it... so do other forms of energetic healing i have experienced...

hmmmmmm

::smiles::

BTW
my experiences with it include a healing performed by my cousin who at the time was a level four usui practitioner/master
a woman i went to for bach remedies who would charge them before i used them
and a hippie travelar friend of mine who gave me an attunement... but, i was not very nice to myself about practicing longer than one day with it at that time...

Last edited by SunRa; 10-24-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:35 AM   #5
Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 11-10-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:47 AM   #6
SunRa
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
SunRa- cool name

Were you seeking healing, relaxation , or both?
Perhaps you didn't need healing only relaxing. The energy is not directed by the practiioner it is self directing. Perhaps your system is so sensitive that a subtle soothing energy is the only thing required.

When doing a session on myself, sometimes it is real strong in certain areas and other times nothing. I am ultra energy sensitive. I can tell when there is a change in the electromagnetic field of this planet. Lately, that has been happening a lot.

Alexandra
i bet, at the time, i didn't need any healing...
or think i needed healing...
i wanted profound spiritual/psychic awakening...

i never really needed any physical healing up until recently... all was inner stuff... and now my inner stuff, is outer!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:29 AM   #7
Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 11-10-2008 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #8
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Reiki is essentially whatever you make it out to be. It is merely a system/method of channelling/directing the Life-Force energy - the KI in Reiki, if you will, also called Chi; Prana, etc.

If you believe in the power of Reiki, and use it often, you will indeed feel its awesome power.

I received my Reiki Master training/attunement over 10 years ago, and since then I've been awed and inspired by it's tremendous power.

And yet at other times when I've placed it on the back burner, I've at times forgotten its power and occassionally even doubted whether it worked at all, or was my mind just playing tricks on me. Weird.... huh...
So basically the more you use it, the stronger it gets, just like a muscle.

May have something to do with my intent at the time, which was primarily for the healing of Gaia - Mother Earth.
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
Flying Fish
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks guys, I am fairly new to this so it is interesting to hear others perspectives.
I only meant that as I am letting go of less positive energies lurking around me due to self cleansing and reiki treatments, that it is helping my vibration is increase, Its also helped me with some ongoing spiritual development.
I totally agree with it being self directed but also I feel that it knows where to go, and maybe what really needs to be healed is not what you asked to be healed, especially in the instance of building psychic ability, you may need to deal with some other 'stuff' before you can access that so the energy will do what it need too.
Flying Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 PM   #10
SuperManny
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Fish View Post
....I feel that it knows where to go, and maybe what really needs to be healed is not what you asked to be healed, especially in the instance of building psychic ability, you may need to deal with some other 'stuff' before you can access that so the energy will do what it need too.
Very perceptive of you. I agree totally... most physical ailments are only the end result of an aspect of your consciousness that's crying out for attention, so when you focus only on healing the physical ailment, it's kinda like just putting a band-aid on it, because you're not addressing the cause. Reiki is good for this because its very nature is (w)holistic.
SuperManny is offline   Reply With Quote