Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #51
beren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Posts: 508
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
This is such a great opportunity for practicing turning the other cheek.
And where does the Qur'an, Vedas and other texts fit in?
If not this is a very ethnocentric discussion.
Ive always thought in the evolution vs. creation in schools debate that all schools that want to teach
creationism as science should include the creation stories of all cultures on the planet.
Got to go now Steven but I will look that later when on PC...Thank you for link..

P.S.

You have very good line of reasoning and thinking, I like that.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:21 PM   #52
TheObserver
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: back in Minnesota
Posts: 500
Default Re: The Bible question

Thanks Beren. (assuming the p.s. was to me)
TheObserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #53
Stargazer1965
Hall Monitor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 733
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1* View Post
Dolphin, you are being very unfair.
M1...seems to be cutting and pasting out of other forums....

And If you want to divide people...

Talk

Religion

or Politics

Funny how this turned into a religious forum over the last week.....

We must have been close to some kind of TRUTH..
Stargazer1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #54
m1*
Banned
 
m1*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 197
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by beren View Post
I would add one more thing and that is condemning others when they say what they believe does not lead to anywhere.
I could go on a attack every other person here when they express their viewpoints and experiences and beliefs as sheer BS but I do not do that.
Because I wish to respect every person here and when I find blunt insults and labeling I simply can not tolerate stupidity.
I am the same. If I pulled people up and made a big scene over what other people believe on this forum, because I think it's BS or leading people astray, or even causing spiritual damage, I'd have to stop my life and make it a full time job. However, I never pull peoples posts aside and tackle them to the ground in an effort to have them convinced that what they believe is useless. There's just no point.

Also, I find it fascinating that every single response I have made has been a wholehearted effort to state that I do NOT want to debate religion and that I am NOT religious and that i have no will do have people pull me into religious debates, yet practically every response either starts with (or contains): "Well if you want to talk about religion".. some people just aren't getting it.

I say: " I can't stand religion it's evil" and then people respond with: "yeah but religion is evil, don't you see? .. *shakes head*. It's almost funny. Some people are just too one track minded and are unable to communicate effectively because of projections and prepackaged views. I can see that many people aren't "thinking" about their response. They're just depositing pre packaged cleches, but it's not even matching the conversation.

I think i could try to reiterate that I have no will to discuss religion for another 2 months, but at the end of that, there would be people saying: "Why do you spend so much time discussing religion". I think I've posted my explanation quite enough on this forum and it's starting to get old. It's at a point where those who are able to comprehend and accdpt what I've stated will, and those who wont -- never will.

Last edited by m1*; 10-31-2009 at 02:03 PM.
m1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #55
Swanny
I dont need a label !
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Shire of Wilt
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: The Bible question

m1 how can you say you're not religious but also say that if you could only have one book to read it would be the bible which you plan to read for the rest of your life and that you follow Jesus and God. It confuses me that you think you are not religious when you clearly are


As has been said this forum is a spiritual place, please take your bible and go else where to preach
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #56
m1*
Banned
 
m1*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 197
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
m1 how can you say you're not religious but also say that if you could only have one book to read it would be the bible which you plan to read for the rest of your life and that you follow Jesus and God. It confuses me that you think you are not religious when you clearly are


As has been said this forum is a spiritual place, please take your bible and go else where to preach
Swanny, my friend, there is a difference between religion and reading the Bible. There is a difference between believing that their is an Ultimate omnipresent creator, and religion. The Bible is not a religion it is a book.

You are being rather unfair, by accusing me of preaching and insisting that I go somewhere else. I have not come to this forum to preach a religion. The only comments I am making on religion is as a "response". I am not instigating it. Yet, if I do mention the Bible, I wholeheartedly believe that i am quite within my rights -- and I should be able to do so, without people expressing their discontentment over religion.

Yes I have claimed that I believe that Jesus is Lord and that God is the Creator - but that is my right to do, and because I do that -- you really do not have any authority or right to ask me to go somewhere else.

I have to insist, that you (yourself) are being rather rude and bigoted. You are being unfair and the conduct that you are presenting to me is not out of love. It is out of ego, pride and ignorance.

I do not say that because I am angry or upset. I am saying this because that exactly what I am seeing in you. There really is no need for you to insist that I go elsewhere and "preach", because 1). I am not preaching and 2). I am perfectly free to express my opinions 3). You're not the only person who hates the Bible that has insisted that I either leave, or close my thread, or go to another forum.

The whole sentiment here, where people utterly refuse to hear anything that contains "Bible" or "Jesus" or "God" is really very juvenile, unproductive and negative. The whole "religious" debate on this forum is caused solely by those who hate it and want to hammer those down who mention it.
m1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #57
Swanny
I dont need a label !
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Shire of Wilt
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1* View Post

Yes I have claimed that I believe that Jesus is Lord and that God is the Creator -
Sorry but in my book that statement alone makes you religious
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #58
m1*
Banned
 
m1*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 197
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post
Now, from here on please keep the word YOU out of your posts and everything will be fine stick to the op's question and carry on please. Any more references to the "You" will be considered for editing. intolerance got humanity here, now its time to move on don't you think?
<snip>

Last edited by GaiaLove; 10-31-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: personal comment removed
m1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:14 PM   #59
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North of 45° in Canada
Posts: 511
Default Re: The Bible question

Religion is dying a slow death and so is this thread.

The bible is a fine work of fiction based on a few true stories and a great read if u have the time. That's about all I have to say about the bible.

Now, from here on please keep the word YOU out of your posts and everything will be fine stick to the op's question and carry on please. Any more references to the "You" will be considered for editing. intolerance got humanity here, now its time to move on don't you think?
__________________
Richard
"For those with their eyes shut, no explanation will suffice.
For those with their eyes open, no explanation is necessary."


Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #60
m1*
Banned
 
m1*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 197
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post
Religion is dying a slow death and so is this thread.

The bible is a fine work of fiction based on a few true stories and a great read if u have the time. That's about all I have to say about the bible.

Now, from here on please keep the word YOU out of your posts and everything will be fine stick to the op's question and carry on please. Any more references to the "You" will be considered for editing. intolerance got humanity here, now its time to move on don't you think?
Well, I guess that settles all that than
m1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #61
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: northern bc canada
Posts: 159
Default Re: The Bible question

good day all
i've read most of the bible and have not been offended by what i've read.
i'm not religious but have most of my life been spiritual.for my own understanding of what i've read,i leave the church and religion out of my reading.i use the book of life and the book of nature as reference material.
i find that the bible is easier to digest this way.
also the bible is not complete,so there are alot of holes in the story.its written in parables,so to leave parts out only leaves one more confused.
when you start reading these removed peices,you clearly can understand why the church and religion have made an effort to keep some parts hidden.
heres a few truths i got

love your neighbor like your self.unconditionally.now that dont sound evil.
in todays world that unconditional part is hard,but to me a worthwhile endevour.
cant speak for you.religion speaks for most and they censor what they say and what you get to hear.so i dont ask them,ask your self.noone knows you better.

when i saw dr emotos work on concsious water and the power of your thoughts i was blown away with the truth of it.the bible talks of the power of your thoughts also. makes that unconditional part easier.
the church and religion dont speak for god,they speak for their own motives.

many governments are founded under the guise of god,but they dont speak for god.they speak for their own motives.

there is god and there is word.dead words written by dead men.argued about forever it seems.and there is god.
you owe it to your self to check out some forbidden scriptures before turning your back on the bible.there is way more to the big picture than religion wants you to know.
the book of life and the book of nature are exactly the same now as then,no words.

this should give an idea how incomplete the bible is

peace....kent
fossileyesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:26 PM   #62
Swanny
I dont need a label !
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: The Shire of Wilt
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaiaLove View Post
Now, from here on please keep the word YOU out of your posts and everything will be fine stick to the op's question and carry on please. Any more references to the "You" will be considered for editing. intolerance got humanity here, now its time to move on don't you think?
<snip>

Last edited by GaiaLove; 10-31-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: personal statement removed.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 PM   #63
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 539
Default Re: The Bible question

What matters

is not our diverse opinion about the Bible

whether it is facts or fiction

clearly we cannot agree


so let's leave it at that


Bash not thy neighbour's head with the Book


We are all here for a reason and a quest

and we all carry a lifeline

Last edited by RedeZra; 10-31-2009 at 06:59 PM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:02 PM   #64
GaiaLove
Avalon Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North of 45° in Canada
Posts: 511
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeZra View Post

Bash not thy neighbour's head with the Book.

We are all here for a reason and a quest and we all carry a lifeline
well said.
__________________
Richard
"For those with their eyes shut, no explanation will suffice.
For those with their eyes open, no explanation is necessary."


Click here to chat LIVE with other members of Avalon
GaiaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #65
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 832
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny View Post
As has been said this forum is a spiritual place
This line I love. I agree. This forum is a spiritual place. That's powerful.
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #66
fossileyesed
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: northern bc canada
Posts: 159
Default Re: The Bible question

try this. think of it as a frequency manual.realize the church and religion already know this.empower your frequency.take on a pay it forward attitude.
love your neighbor as best you can.this sounds like a good frequency.
harmony is the ultimate goal.who would wanna argue with that
to not read the frequency manual,and to be a powerful frequency(unaware of your potential)would be like giving the drivers seat to a blind man.

dr emotos work showed that the words and expressions that produced the most beautiful crystals were
love
gratitude
humbleness (i think this means get along,dont argue)
thankfulness

i fortunatly never started to read the bible till last year.i say fortunatly because i have read alot of the missing stuff first,like gospels of peace which is written at the same time period as the bible,maybe earlier.the books of enoch.gospel of mary(check that out just for fun)

peace...kent
fossileyesed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:45 PM   #67
TempestGarden
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 141
Default Re: The Bible question

I have to admit that I have a general aversion to the Christian faith, the Bible and everything that it has become. These days, I generally dismiss anyone that spouts these sorts of teachings and their "interpretations" of them and I stress that later word very strongly. I agree with the fundamentals of the teachings of the Bible, but not in the way it has been distorted by King James and altered to enslave people.

So, needless to say I have stayed out of these threads simply because I didn't wish to get into a "debate" so to speak about the subject matter. However, and most importantly, I still fully believe in their right to have and hold these belief systems without adding my 2 cents claiming that they are crazy, mislead, etc. They have every right to believe what they do just as I do to have my belief system.

I will say this however... I think it is extremely laughable and quite ironic that *m1 is being attacked for his beliefs by people on this forum that will turn around and preach things like universal love for all of humanity and/or unconditional love. I don't think there are too many people that come to these forums that either don't believe we all need to raise our vibrational levels or at the very least claim to be trying to do just that themselves. I don't think it's a stretch at all to make that assumption based on all the posts and threads in the many different areas of the forums.

The reaction of a number of people on here serve to prove what I have been saying for a long time now.... Humanity has a LONG WAY TO GO when it comes to raising their vibrational levels and the very notion of unconditional love. For those people that are having a difficult time with this "idea" it goes something like this... Embrace and love everything, including the things that you fear and hate, don't understand and/or disagree with.

Afterall, isn't that the basis for the concept that we are all "God's" children? Just think about it a little while folks. You'll see what I mean.

No wonder the ETs are so hesitant to make contact with us. The human race is so full of contradictions, half-promises, the inability to let go of the Ego and a deep seeded need to be "right" about everything!

Last edited by TempestGarden; 10-31-2009 at 10:48 PM.
TempestGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #68
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator
 
Ross H's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 507
Default Re: The Bible question

I also refrained from posting a respones, other than to remind ppls to play nice.

This world has had its day, in my opinion, of dis-connection, seperation and dis-function.

Im my world, there is only love, peace and goodwill. This is all I have control over...within myself...

Love and peace reign supreme

Peace always.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #69
Antonia
Avalon Senior Member
 
Antonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dublin , Ireland
Posts: 341
Default Re: The Bible question

Beren and M1.... Once again I'm delighted that you both feel sooooo strongly about the Bible... I'm genuinely happy that you get so much insperation from it and believe it to be the only real word of God and all the rest... But... How many threads is this now that you want to discus the glories of the bible?? And tell us all how much it means to you and ask us why we all don't agree with your views etc...???
Can we get something else from you both maybe now???
You both seem lovely light filled people full of energy and zeal and passion sooo... Please lets have some more from where this all came from only a different topic... I have said all I need to say about my own views about the bible on all your previous posts about the bible..and as you know we will have to agree to disagree... my views would corrospond to those of Kensumei2, Steven, Zedo, to menchon a few... and by now it's literaly zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz at the thought of it... but please don't take offence .... I really do want to get in to some juicy discussions with you both about other things... LoL Antoniari ginal:
Antonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #70
beren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Posts: 508
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
Thanks Beren. (assuming the p.s. was to me)
No it was not.



One thing is very true, among all billions of people on earth , only one quarter has Internet. Among all who use Internet just 5 % are using it to learn ,explore and do something creative and good.

Now knowing that fact ,all of us here on this forum are people who think, who are trying to breathe through the stench of this world.

Not everyone is right here but at least some people are trying very hard to know, to learn from their mistakes, to grow.
This is all normal process.

I started this thread to encourage people to rethink Bible. Not to discredit it lightly because of prejudice, ill information or bad experience with religions.

I really don`t care if you believe that Bible is or is not right,is it a word of God or not. After all you have free will to choose your reality.
But nobody has a right to insult others who are not with the same attitude as they are.

I have seen that here and I do not like that.
I have made my point related to Bible and who ever was interested to know it , he or she had already read it from my posts.

My conclusion is that so many of us here are dazzled and confused without knowledge of that fact.

Let your confusion be smitten away in finding the truth before long.
But friends, do not ever be fools to pretend that you are someone other than the one who you really are. Do not try to sound more smarter or wiser just because of seeing few you tube videos or heard few interviews of these topics. See all, question everything , wait , and the digest and decide was that certain info a lie or truth. DO NOT jump to conclusion as for example Swanny when she said that she think that Bible is a pack of lies and for the record she did not read it and wish still not to read it. That is jumping to conclusion and prejudice.
Swanny I like you but that was your words on one previous post on this thread.

Also don`t you dare who ever you are ,dear reader of this forum or subscriber in it to think that YOU own it. No one can tell people here what to do and where to do it as long as they are respectful towards others, we have opinions to exchange not quarrels.
Always remember that- no matter if you are the first who subscribed here or you came yesterday.

Love and blessings,

Beren
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:44 PM   #71
beren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Posts: 508
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
Beren and M1.... Once again I'm delighted that you both feel sooooo strongly about the Bible... I'm genuinely happy that you get so much insperation from it and believe it to be the only real word of God and all the rest... But... How many threads is this now that you want to discus the glories of the bible?? And tell us all how much it means to you and ask us why we all don't agree with your views etc...???
Can we get something else from you both maybe now???
You both seem lovely light filled people full of energy and zeal and passion sooo... Please lets have some more from where this all came from only a different topic... I have said all I need to say about my own views about the bible on all your previous posts about the bible..and as you know we will have to agree to disagree... my views would corrospond to those of Kensumei2, Steven, Zedo, to menchon a few... and by now it's literaly zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz at the thought of it... but please don't take offence .... I really do want to get in to some juicy discussions with you both about other things... LoL Antoniari ginal:


Antooooniiiaaaaa,,,,

Do you agree that everything would be better over a cup of black Earl Gray tea, with tiny bit of milk and a bit of honey?

If you were closer to my place if would call you on a 5 o `clock tea!

What say you?

beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:51 PM   #72
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 277
Default Re: The Bible question

the bible was created for the dumming of the masses....always someone outside of oneself to do the saving or the persecuting.

bec. of the literal interpretations of all "biblical" texts, we have massive genocide! isreal against palestine, catholic roman empire killing and slaughtering millions of indidgenous people.

Last edited by Ross H; 11-01-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: not playing nice
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:56 PM   #73
beren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Posts: 508
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
[mod edit - Personal comment removed]

the bible was created for the dumming of the masses....always someone outside of oneself to do the saving or the persecuting.

bec. of the literal interpretations of all "biblical" texts, we have massive genocide! isreal against palestine, catholic roman empire killing and slaughtering millions of indidgenous people.
Dolphin, would you behave better , please?
Did you not read at least if you didn`t read my responses and calling for peace, the moderators calling for peace here???

Last edited by GaiaLove; 11-01-2009 at 02:53 AM.
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:04 AM   #74
dolphin
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 277
Default Re: The Bible question

....you should be able voice your opinion. if he's able to dish it out, he should be adult enough to realize people will react. this is not a grade school classroom. we are all adults.

he's pushing people's buttons as well.
dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #75
beren
Avalon Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Belgrade,Serbia
Posts: 508
Default Re: The Bible question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
....you should be able voice your opinion. if he's able to dish it out, he should be adult enough to realize people will react. this is not a grade school classroom. we are all adults.

he's pushing people's buttons as well.
Yes, so we all are pushing them too! But I didn`t found attacking people on his replies , he was indeed a bit tough and sarcastic but not insulting.

I know you are better than that, come on!
Don`t be maimed by things you disagree with... otherwise you will end up fighting and bickering about almost all imaginable!

Stay good,

Beren
beren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Project Avalon