Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Very Pretty Astronomy Picture of the Day

2010 March 26

Young Moon and Sister Stars
Image Credit & Copyright: Anna Morris

"Explanation: A young crescent Moon shares the western sky with sister stars of the Pleiades cluster in this pretty, evening skyscape recorded on the March equinox from San Antonio, Texas. In the processed digital image, multiple exposures of the celestial scene were combined to show details of the bright lunar surface along with the Pleiades stars. Astronomical images of the well-known Pleiades often show the cluster's alluring blue reflection nebulae, but they are washed-out here in the bright moonlight. Still, during this particular night, skygazers in South and Central America could even watch the 5 day old Moon occult or pass in front of some of the brighter Pleiades stars."

Here's the link:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Very Pretty Astronomy Picture of the Day

Its beautiful!

Makes me think.

The sea was the first exploration of life, which then flowed onto land... I wonder if there are creatures who swim or fly around in space (without a craft of course)... That would be the next boundry for life to explore.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Very Pretty Astronomy Picture of the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmostef View Post
Its beautiful!

Makes me think.

The sea was the first exploration of life, which then flowed onto land... I wonder if there are creatures who swim or fly around in space (without a craft of course)... That would be the next boundry for life to explore.
I hope I get to see some of this get revealed in the mainstream during my lifetime!
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photos