Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?
I am a willing New Age Movement member - and proud of it. 9 20.00%
I am NOT in the New Age Movement, why do people keep insisting that I am? 10 22.22%
I know ALL about the New Age Movement, and I can't STAND it. 11 24.44%
What is the New Age Movement? 15 33.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
WarriorServant
Banned

Default Are you a part of the New Age Movement?

I have been watching the responses in my two previous threads, along with hundreds of other posts on this forum. I find many instances of spiritual advice and assertions toward spiritual reasoning, yet I do not find any substance.

So, I must create another poll, because I don't want to out and out respond to everything that causes me to think: "huuuh?", because it would obviously cause a pointless and endless one-upmanship.

Nevertheless, I am sincerely interested to know if people realize what the New Age Movement is. Specifically, I want to know if people are a part of that movement "knowingly" and are proud of it, or whether people are a part of it, yet they believe that they are not.

At this point in time, from what I can see, this forum is predominantly being pulled in the direction that the New Age Movement would have it go.

Last edited by WarriorServant; 12-11-2009 at 07:20 AM.
WarriorServant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #2
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Are you a part of the New Age Movement?

I am not.

The new age movement seems to me to be full of people looking for answers outside of themselves.

Everything I have learned tells me that this is not the way, in fact it leads further away from the truth - and more dangerously - it makes people feel good about themselves doing it. A very effective trap.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 12-11-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:35 AM   #3
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
I am not.

The new age movement seems to me to be full of people looking for answers outside of themselves.

Everything I have learned tells me that this is not the way, in fact it leads further away from the truth - and more dangerously - it makes people feel good about themselves doing it. A very effective trap.

A..
I couldn't agree more. Which is why I sit here perplexed.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

The whole 'are you this or that' is very limiting.

We are MORE.

Jesus spoke of the end of the age, he would be us to the end of the Age.

The symbol for Christianity is a fish. That is because Jesus came to inaugurate the age of Pisces.

As above, so below. Cycles come and cycles go. When a change in cycles occur, it is cosmic opportunity for shifts in ways of Being.

The reality is, we are headed for a major shift. It will be humanity who decides how that shift goes. We are either headed for a dark age or a Golden AGe, and there is always possibilities for splits in teh timeline where certain pecentage of population split off into different versions of reality.

Jesus told us, when the Christ consciousness returns, the only sign will be the water bearer.

What is the water bearer? The Water bearer is the sign for Aquarius. The Age of Aquarius. We are indeed headed for this new Age.

To call it a movement, religion, group type of people or whatnot is simply not correct.

There are no labels, there is simply IS.

We are, we IS headed for a major shift, a new way of Being, a New Age.

There is no religion to get us into the new age, there is no club to join, there is no belief system, there simply is the reality that the old way of doing things is not going to work anymore.

We are either going to work on ourselves and come up higher, or we are going to 'try and save our lives /egos/ current way of non-being, and lose our lives' (which is a new testament teaching).

Is there a New Age coming? Yes Indeed there is. The Water Bearer is here, Aquarius is born and the second coming of the Christ Consciousness is NOW......

14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
ramallamamama
Avalon Senior Member

If there was a cool rally or something like that sponsored by some movement, I may show up and have fun wearing a Gadsen flag or Murray Rothbard T shirt.

Last edited by ramallamamama; 12-11-2009 at 07:56 AM.
ramallamamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
WarriorServant
Banned

"Humanity" is not going to enter the new age. Some "Individuals" of humanity are going to enter the new age. ie: The ones that acknowledge, adhere to and love God -- because He has laid out a path for us. The path is narrow and it's not full of fluffy cleches than make us feel wonderful when we encounter obstacles, but the path has been revealed, for those who can see.

None of this has anything to do with 10,000 people reaching Christ consciousness (as I saw in another thread). If you want to enter the new age (which you will not see until you physically pass from this one by the way), the prerequisite is to love God and walk in a righteous path. No amount of sitting cross legged on a mountain top (as Mr Icke would, quite rightly, say) is going to cause us to learn what we need to learn. Having mentioning Mr Icke, I would classify him as a person that is of the New Age Movement, yet denies that he is.

Having said all of the above, I would like to remind those who have not yet become aware of (or tend to ignore) the fact: We will ALL "pass from this physical reality". There's no two ways about it. We should not be concerned about the "direction of humanity", because the direction is obvious. It's heading straight toward a never ending cliff. Besides, we wont be a part of it "ourselves" for much longer. This is not life. Life starts afterwards. We are in a garden, ready to be harvested. We should be concerned about the direction of our own spirit and those that we love, not weather or not we have free energy, or can play Blackjack with Ashtar on Thursday's.

It is sad to see that so many people on this planet, devote their whole lives towards feeling fluffy and puffed up in this life, and give little to no thought to the fact that who we are here, determines our fate. How blind. It is sad that the whole New Age Movement revolves around matters of "Humanity". Of course, I have nothing against improving Humanity, but that needs to be done on a personal spiritual level, one by one -- not by holding hands and manifesting balls of light. It's absurd -- and childish.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
14 Chakras
Avalon Senior Member

Nice thing is, people in this forum are working on themselves.

~~~ This is how we do it baby ~~~~ (sing it)

Reality is that there is a collective consciousness, a collective agreement that makes up the collective experience of earth right now. The collective consciousness has been controlled for the most part by the most egotistical, self centered and dark beings. The Light Bearers, the most spiritual people, have not taken up their rightful roles as Co-Creators, and have given up their power to the most selfish. This has dragged down the collective agreement, collective reality here.

What is the solution? Yes, it is that each and every person works on themselves... sure, now that's not realistic at this point.

What's really going to make the difference is that critical mass, a Christ Mass of people go all the Way are are reborn as Jesus described must happen to inherit the kingdom of heaven that is inside of us here and Now. Gautama Buddha also showed us this Way among many other enlightened Masters that have walked the Earth over the ages.

Now it is time for many more to follow in their footsteps.

This is what's coming.

This is what will shift the collective consciousness into a much easier reality for ALL people to connect to their own inner still small voice within and their own Divine Plans.

The greatest among us are the greatest servants of All. We're here to help all of humanity, as many are possible, and we can hit realistically, a 95% success rate here, to raise their consciousness so that they can make the shift.

As above so Below, is the goal of creation. Bring the Light of the infinite into creation so it All becomes MORE and abundant.

Matter is not evil by any means. The only thing that blocks the Way is the illusion that the spiritual and the material are separated. This not reality. They are One. There is only One, only illusion blocks the Way.

So those who really make the biggest difference, are not those who write off their brothers and sisters and go to save themselves, it is those who are determined, committed, to surrender their own illusions and BE an open door for solutions from the infinite for humanities apparent problems at this time, including energy, economy, food, spiritual, consciousness, Peace, etc. etc.

Those who multiply their talents in the service of All Life, will have their talents multiplied. Those who do not multiply their talents, hide them under a rock etc. will have them taken away, because one of the ultimate laws of creation is: we reap as we sew.

Life, Love, Abundance, Truth, Peace, Healing, Oneness, Power, Wisdom, Freedom are what we are here to BE an open door for.

Solutions will come from those who realize completely: I am not the doer for it is the Father within that doeth the work. I and my Father are One. And then they will help others do the same
14 Chakras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #8
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

I find I am in agreement with the essence of this thread.
My main teacher now is Dr David Hawkins but all enlightened teachers say the same thing. We are all waves of the Divine Ocean. The Kingdom of Heaven is within. The Truth as I understand it goes back to the Vedas ancient indian teaching regarding enlightenment. More recently Ramana-- Nasargadatta-- Eckhart Tolle --David Hawkins-- to name but a few.
We dont have to save the world as we do work on our personal (not that there is a person) consciousness this automatically lift all. A rising tide lifts all boats.

All enlightened teachers also warn against the paranormal-- just dont go there. at least its a distraction from the path pf enlightenment.
David Hawkins is very clear the the so called New Age Movement is mainly from the lower astral and that is leading in an unhealthy direction -- very subtle taking you away from the truth. In essence "Put no head above your own" respect all but only be devoted to God.
Hawkins and Tolle both say time is short the path is straight and narow, there is no doubt consciousness is rising. Christ consciousness call it what you will.
I can believe what David Wilcock says because it is science based not that this makes him right, Nassim Haramien also worth listening to. Even these are just pointing to the truth. The Truth is sunjective and the moment it is spoken of it is so watered down----- can you describe a beautiful sunrise or sunset-- not really.--- its a subjective experience --- so is the Love of God.
Anyway eveyone is entitled to there belief.
David Hawkins says all thoughts are falacious-- the head ---ego has a great problem with that statment but on investigation its true.

Chris-----who ever he is ---smiling
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

I want to know what defines the New Age movement...it carries such a negative connotation with so many people, but what is New Age? In the late seventies New Age was a very progressive spiritual movement that people were proud to be associated with, especially for someone like myself who was living in Oklahoma surrounded by a bunch of bible thumper's running scared of the devil.

Either your into religion, which separates us from God by placing him up in the sky constantly looking down at you in judgment mode. Or, your into spirituality which unites God within us, as a co-creator in our reality....basically it's metaphysics which is simply where religion and science meet in the middle to agree on how Life works.

There are differing shades of New movement. You have the fluffy thought people who still have a lot to learn about how concepts like The Secret work, or the realistic side to it. At some point reality will knock them off that pedestal and that's when your spirituality is really tested, it can be easy to lose faith and fall, or you learn and evolve. Those that evolve get to where some of us are someday...it's a learning process and it took me awhile and I sure got knocked off hard. So don't be so judgmental about the fluffy people with their head in the clouds, they're on a path towards the same Light as the rest of us.

Besides, I would rather associate myself with the new age movement than religion any day, too many horrific things have been done in the name of Christ (he's appalled)...somehow religion took the darker path.

We are also and the end of a major cycle of Life on Earth and a New Age has been dawning for some time now, from what I'm perceiving WE are the second coming...

Now if that aint New Age what is?!
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #10
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear Star seed
Think the big problem is definition. What exactly is New Age?
On the other hand Enlightenment is clearly defined by those who are in that state.
New Age seems to look for somthing out with to save one. Channeled messages-- tarot cards-- anything that takes you to future or past leads away from the eternal moment. The ego cant survive in the present moment.
The ego is a seperation device-- all wars have ben fought from an egoic position of Im right therfore you must be wrong.

You are what is left when the ego is transcended. No self no problem.
Hope this is helpful.

Chris
Old 12-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

I think the negative connotations that got attached to the new age movement was that in a way it became a religion in itself. Religion has the habit of saying "my way is best" and your way sucks. This leads to further seperation from source. If we all agree we are one then we don't need to say we are part of a group. There is cominality in all religeons that if we can see past the doctrine we can see in reality the core message is the same. This is not new age. it doesn't have a name. for it just is a way of being that transcends religion.

Jesus/Budha etc. didn't come to start a religion they came to show us how we could be the best that we can be and how to respect our selves by respecting others and respecting the divinity in others.
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #12
WarriorServant
Banned

Belief of what the Bible says and that it is the word of God, does not make someone "religious".
Old 12-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #13
Initiate
Avalon Senior Member

The Bible is a book. Religeon attaches doctrine to the book. The doctrine has lead people to fight wars over who is right and wrong. The doctrine incourages people to go to church to be saved. This is misleading in that salvation comes from getting ones life in order and how we treat others. Jesus tried to teach this and indeed a lot of this is in the bible but religeon has served to mislead people.
Initiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #14
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

I think 14 Chakras has it right.
Earth is the university of consciousness, (consciousness evolving to know itself) we are all in the same school all equal, some have missunderstood, some are in a state of avoidence, yet thats is as it is and as it should be. It could not be otherwise at this moment in time. Some may graduate in this life time ie become enlightened.
Awakening is part of the process but it is not the end product.
In my understanding the end product is knowing/being the One without a second. Non-duality. Ego transcended. That is the whole purpose of life-- the quest to find the answer to the question "What am I?" The droplet of Divinity which we are, realises itself with the Ocean.

Thats my take on it but the moment words are used the Truth of it is objective not subjective--- a point of view. Thats why those who are in that state say it can be pointed to but not spoken of. Words are not a subjective experience.

Chris
Namaste
Old 12-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I think 14 Chakras has it right.
Earth is the university of consciousness, (consciousness evolving to know itself)
This makes little to no sense to me.

Quote:
we are all in the same school all equal, some have missunderstood, some are in a state of avoidence, yet thats is as it is and as it should be. It could not be otherwise at this moment in time. Some may graduate in this life time ie become enlightened.
Yeah, then they have a mass coronary failure. Then what?

Quote:
Awakening is part of the process but it is not the end product.
In my understanding the end product is knowing/being the One without a second. Non-duality. Ego transcended. That is the whole purpose of life-- the quest to find the answer to the question "What am I?" The droplet of Divinity which we are, realises itself with the Ocean.
New age mumbo jumbo, imho.. makes no sense. Just sounds good.

Quote:
Thats my take on it but the moment words are used the Truth of it is objective not subjective--- a point of view. Thats why those who are in that state say it can be pointed to but not spoken of. Words are not a subjective experience.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #16
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Dear WS
Sorry if Im not making sense to you.
What I have written is so far from New Age.
Its in the Bagahvad gita -- cant spell. Thousands of years before Christ.
Try reading "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle which is a simple version of the oldest truth know to man.
One who is enlightened is very unlikly to have a heart attack because they have no stress. There brain waves are at a much slower cycle than us mere mortals.

I can only speak from personal experience which is that in meditation the mosy wonder full feeling of happiness -- bliss arose inside me, not caused by external. I felt loved as never before.
I was studying this subject long before so called New Age was even thought of, so have had every opportunity to find that these ancient enlightened teachers spoke the truth.

Respectfully
Chris
Old 12-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #17
WarriorServant
Banned

I didn't say I don't understand it or don't know where it comes from. I said it doesn't make sense to me (on more than one level). It never did. Never will.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #18
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorServant View Post
I didn't say I don't understand it or don't know where it comes from. I said it doesn't make sense to me (on more than one level). It never did. Never will.
Thats ok then Warrior Servant
Dosent make it true or untrue though any more than what you believe is true or un true.
Have you heard of Idra's dream?

Never is a very strong word.

What I believed would never change changed inspite of me. Lol

Anyway -- Have a nice day.

Regards Chris
Old 12-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #19
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Way too broad a subject to deal with in your survey.

Do I believe that we are multidimensional entities? Yes.

Do I believe that there are lots of other-dimensional entities interested in and interacting or interfering with 3rd dimensional humans? Yes

Do I have an allegiance with any of these other dimensional entities, besides my higher self? A resounding no!

So I have no idea if I am part of the New Age movement or not.
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #20
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmay View Post
Do I have an allegiance with any of these other dimensional entities, besides my higher self? A resounding no!
Then your life is in imminent danger.

And yes, you are in the New Age Movement, because you worship your "higher self".

That's about as "New Age" as you can get.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #21
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Then your life is in imminent danger.

And yes, you are in the New Age Movement, because you worship your "higher self".

That's about as "New Age" as you can get.
Oh, I get it now. This is a Jesus thing. Good luck with that.

Last edited by Sarahmay; 12-11-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #22
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Ok, I not in the New Age movement but I know that we are multidimensional beings, what scientific argument you have that denies the existence of other dimensions?

It is very well to say Jesus said but it is not enought. Science and spirituality have to go hand in hand if there is going to be any real progress

For milenia people have been deceived and forced into dogma by the power of torture and deceit. For example, holy books (not mentioning anyone in particular) talk about many things fantastic but they prove nothing nor give true understanding about what are the universal laws we have to live in harmony with in order to expand our conscioussness...it is all just dogma.

Do as I tell you does not work for me
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #23
WarriorServant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardustaquarion View Post
Ok, I not in the New Age movement but I know that we are multidimensional beings, what scientific argument you have that denies the existence of other dimensions?

It is very well to say Jesus said but it is not enought. Science and spirituality have to go hand in hand if there is going to be any real progress

For milenia people have been deceived and forced into dogma by the power of torture and deceit. For example, holy books (not mentioning anyone in particular) talk about many things fantastic but they prove nothing nor give true understanding about what are the universal laws we have to live in harmony with in order to expand our conscioussness...it is all just dogma.

Do as I tell you does not work for me
There is only one Holy Book worth reading.

Holy Bible (KJV).
Old 12-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Belief of what the Bible says and that it is the word of God, does not make someone "religious".
But does it make them gullible?

Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #25
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

Ok warriorservant I get you, dogma, dogma, blind dogma....

I agree to disagree with you politely, you are giving no scientific explanation ok

Cheers
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote