Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > What’s Going Down > News And Updates

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Steve_A
Project Avalon Moderator

Default Mystery Flash and Big Boom Rattles Virginia

Hi Everyone,

Do we have a decent independent astronomer with their own telescope in the forums?

Yet another report of strange happenings in the skies of the US, after the fireballs, falling meteors, etc. that have occurred recently.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200903...attlesvirginia

We only can know what the mainstream or NASA want us to know and we know it's not all that much.

But these reports could suggest one of two things; all of a sudden there is a lot of movement happening in the skies, or this movement has always gone on, it's just now that we're being told about it more.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Steve
Steve_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Debi5
Avalon Senior Member

Default Mystery Flash and Big Boom Rattles Virginia

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200903...attlesvirginia
Debi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Surial
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: Mystery Flash and Big Boom Rattles Virginia

I have been noticing many stories about Big Boom. They say that they are meteors. Well, meteors have been hitting the Earth many many times. Why are we getting stories about them now? Would you not think that if these were indeed meteors that we would have had more stories about this in the past. If so, then we are getting bombarded by are friendly asteroid belt which happens roughly every 3600 years.

I find it interesting that these Booms are being heard this year in 2009. One theory could be that these Booms are not meteors at all. They may be using this as a cover story because they have no clue what these noises and explosions are. Or they do know the truth and they do not want the public to know the truth. Can we say Alien Wars? Others believe this too.

Here is a video questioning the meteor theory. Here is another recent Big Boom incident. A woman actually caught video footage of a Big Boom incident in Grovetown Georgia (notice the bright white light). When meteors explode do they give off a pulse of white light? Good Question.

Here is another Boom article about White Plains, New York which happened in early March. Yet, have any of these fallen pieces of meteorite been found?

I sure hope Niburu isn't pushing these rocks into are atmosphere. If you look up into the sky and see a second sun, maybe we got big red on the way. "We haven't found anything ... that would explain the sonic boom," - this is a main statement said by most people witnessing a BOOM. Some people have also reported minor earthquakes after the Booms were heard, like in this article.

Maybe they are testing EMF weapons. Some have reported slight power outages.

Here is a transcript from emails sent about the Virginia Big Boom of March 30, 2009:

Quote:
9:51 p.m. - Jamie in Virginia Beach: boom heard at 9:42 pm; shook the house

9:55 p.m. - Jim in Virginia Beach: Hello, we heard a loud boom and the ground shook a little at about 21:48, the same noise was heard by my son's friend who lives in Bayside. We have no clue as to the origin of the noise nor it's damage. I pray it is not serious. Respectfully.

10:16 p.m. - Bernard in Virginia Beach: Just wanted to let you guys know that we our house also shook. We live off of centerville in virginia beach on the chesapeake line.

10:28 p.m. - Duane in Williamsburg: Subject- house shaking in williamsburg. I saw a flare flying through the air about 45 minutes ago. It should have landed between big bethel road and Hardy cash drive. Maybe close to comander sheppard/simple farm road. This was unusual. I stayed outside to listen for a noise, but on noise and nothing else.

10:31 p.m. - Carl in Virginia Beach: IS THE WORLD ENDING???

10:41 p.m. - Kelly in Onley: I just saw the newsclip about the bright light in the sky reported by several Hampton Roads and Williamsburg residents. I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia (Onley, VA) and also witnessed the bright flashes and what appeared to be a fireball falling from the sky. I did not feel any rumble but could see the bright light and fireball very clearly. Since we live in the country with no street lights, I could see it vividly across the field. I saw three bright flashes which appeared to be lightning and then the bright fireball appeared. As it rapidly fell, the fire grew brighter and bigger. I have no idea what I saw, but it sure was scary. My eyes are still hurting from the extreme bright light and I keep seeing spots. I would really like to know what it was I saw. Thank you.

10:44 p.m. - Robert in Sunbury, NC: At 9:38 PM, I watched a meteor cross over Sunbury, NC. It was traveling from the West towards the East. My wife and our friend also saw this event. Very exciting!!!

11:01 p.m. - Alan in Hampton: At approx. 9pm I had just walked up to my kitchen sink and thought I saw lightening outside...I said to my wife, I just saw lightening and a minute later my dog who has a doggie doors comes in and he was spooked! He went directly upstairs which is what he does if he hears a loud noice etc... He is ver skiddish. I thought this was very weird then they said on the news, we do not know what is going on but they were getting reports!

11:06 p.m. - Kel in Norfolk: My Mom & I Both heard a LOUD Bang and felt a vibration or a Shake of the ground and house.

11:08 p.m. - Lou and Bill Pollard: My husband and I both heard a very large boom accompanied by rattling windows for about 10 seconds tonight. At first because of the wind we thought maybe there was a weather related reason, such as thunder. Then we guessed it might be an explosion of some sort or a crash on the highway just outside our neighborhood.

11:09 p.m. - Diana in Virginia Beach: At around 9:45 pm I was driving, almost to my house and saw the bright streak of light. It lit up the whole area. I thought it was just lightening because it branched out in the sky like lightening. Then I arrived at home, put some stuff in the house and went back out to help my roommate who was bringing stuff into the house too and that's when we both heard the explosion, but honestly, the noise was heard about 15 minutes after I saw the streak. In fact I had just finished telling my roommate that I saw some strange lightening when we heard the explosion. We thought it was fireworks or something. But the noise occurred at least 10-15 minutes after the light. Weird!

11:10 p.m. - Richard in Virginia Beach: At some time this evening between about 9 and 10 I was lying in bed ready to go to sleep when I heard a loud bang and my house shook. It felt as if a car had hit the building. I went outside to investigate and the winds had picked up but I couldn't see anything that may have hit the house. I went back to bed. Then, as I was turning the channel at 11 o'clock, I heard your story about the possible meteorite this evening. I wonder if the sound I heard was a sonic boom that shook my house. That certainly would fit with the idea of a meteorite as it slows down through the atmosphere. Anyway, I thought you might like to hear my story. Have a good night.

11:12 p.m. - Mike in Chesapeake: There was a loud boom that literally shook my house Sun evening. It reminded me of several things including; plane crash, sound barrier broke, transformmer blew up. I understand that the noise was heard in a broad area. I just wanted to give my opinion. I was in the Navy, stationed abourd an Air Craft Carrier. I have seen/heard a plane break the sound barrier very close to the ship. So close that windows broke in other airplanes. This sound and subsequent shaking of my house reminded me of this.

11:13 p.m. - Kristine in Newport News: I am a CNU student and around 9:45 or so a friend and I were standing outside of our dorm and we saw a piece of something that was lit flying not far from our building. A few minutes after we saw it, there was a faint boom in the distance.

11:14 p.m. - Peggy in Virginia Beach: We saw a bright light, like a shooting star going across the sky, it appeared to descend into the wooded area between laskin rd and va beach blvd, immediatly followed by a very loud boom that shook our business, quite litterly. Shortly after that, maybe 2 min, their were marine helecopters flying overhead with spotlights. strange huh?

11:16 p.m. - Sandi in Virginia Beach: I am commenting on the flash seen in the sky, my husband and I heard a big bang and our house shook and both our computers went crazy... all these ads and pop ups showed up and started loading web sites on it's own! One of the computers shut down. i live in virginia Beach in the Great neck area!

11:17 p.m. - Lisa in Virginia Beach: I live in Larkspur off Edwin Drive in va beach near Mt. Trashmore and my mom lives 1 mile away, both of our houses shook at the same time, it felt like a tree had fallen on our house. I lived in Japan and it felt like a mini earthquake with a loud boom. I hope this helps I went outside after the sound in fear my childrens room had been hit by a tree due to wind and saw a white light across the sky near the Kempsville Golf Course.

11:19 p.m. - Jamie in Virginia Beach: I live in the Chimney Hill area of Virginia Beach and was on my deck when the yard lit up like a lightening flash so I glance up and saw a huge fireball go from West to East, with a very long tail extending halfway across the sky. About 60 seconds later there was a boom that rattled my house and even shook the chair I was sitting in. As a fan of astronomy, I am thrilled to have been so lucky enough to witness this. It was amazing!

11:19 p.m. - Hoyte in Virginia Beach: I saw the meteor. That is exactly what it was, I have seen video of meteors caught on tape and that is exactly what I saw. Amazingly, there was a "boom" about 1-2 minutes after the sighting. I was in my backyard at the time taking a steak off the grill. The time was approximately 9:30 pm.

11:20 p.m. - Mark in Virginia Beach: We didn't see anything, but heard what was some sort of explosion and our house shook. Our first instinct was that maybe a tree fell on our house, but all was fine outside. We were waiting to hear sirens/firetrucks/etc, assuming something near our house exploded, but never did. We were a little dumbfounded. Then the 11:00 news came on, and lo and behold, we weren't imagining things!

11:28 p.m. - April in Chesapeake: I was driving down Joliff Road in Chesapeake and thought I had seen lightening but as I looked up, beyond the clouds, was a bright orange sky. Then soon after, a bright white light fell down through the clouds and looked as if it was going to hit the ground. Very strange incident. I'm curious to find out what it was!

11:58 p.m. - Viewer in Corolla, NC: From Corolla about 300 ft from the beach. Light seen shortly after 9:30 PM tonight. Looked like debris, the kind seen on 4th of July. Felt nothing, heard nothing, just saw the bright lite which seemed to explode in the end and disappear.

12:07 a.m. - Valerie in Virginia Beach: Hi, Saw the bright flash and then felt the boom. It shook our house. We are in the Pembroke Meadows area off of Indpendence Bllvd. and Witchduck Rd. I called my sister who was on the road coming back from Lusby, Maryland. There were 2 sisters, brother in law, 3 nephews, 2 nieces and my mother on the road. They had just gotten off the I295 bypass and gotten on I64 East heading to Norfolk. They all said they saw a big bluish/white ball with what look like orange sparkling in the sky heading south in front of them falling straight ahead down the highway. Then they saw a bright flash and felt a big boom. They said a few cars swerved in front of them. They said it was going along following the highway heading south.

5:12 a.m. - Becky in Virginia Beach: The time is correct, I was in bed watching House when the whole house shook, including my bed. It woke my husband up who had fell asleep in his chair in the living room. The disturbance freaked out my 16 year old son who was in his room. He said it made his over head light shake. I do not understand why one of the numerous security video cameras throughout Hampton Roads did not catch this? Or, no one has came forward yet. I am waiting to see one!

6:25 a.m. - Michelle in Hampton: As I was doing dishes last night i saw the bright flash out of my kitchen window the noise wasnt really bad all i heard was like thunder, my initial thought was lightning and thunder then i saw what looked like a flare gun went off so i assumed it was just a very bright firework. The fact that it may have been a meteor is very amazing to me!

6:31 a.m. - Laura in Hardyville, Va: Hello, I live in Middlesex County and around 9:37 pm on Sunday March 29, 2009 my husband and I (who were in different parts of our house) saw a bright white flash of light. I was also on the cell phone with our daughter who was in Gloucester VA and she saw the same thing at the same time. At first, we thought it was a power surge or maybe a storm approaching. We really never gave it a second thought until we heard it on your 11:00 evening news. I can't wait to hear more about this.

6:40 a.m. - Beth in Chesapeake: My son and I were inside the house, so we didn't see the light, but we heard it clearly in Great Bridge of Chesapeake, as well. It sounded like a tremendous thunderclap, so I went online to look at the radar. Seeing no clouds near us, I immediately looked outside to see if I saw fire or smoke from an explosion. I saw nothing unusual at that time though, so we were also mystified!

6:40 a.m. - Rashel in Virginia Beach: The walls, the floor, and even the beds shook. I thought a tree had fallen on our home. My son's head was propped up on his headboard and he described how the headboard shook his head. I ran outside thinking there was a tree on the house or something worse only to see my neighbor out doing the same. We were scared. Thanks for covering the story.

6:51 a.m. - Jen in Deltaville: Good Morning, We too heard a loud boom (although distant) last night around 9:30. We were lying in bed so we did not see anything, but we definitely heard something. We live in Deltaville, about an hour and half from your station and main viewing areas. I was glad to hear on your morning report that others also heard the boom. Hopefully we'll soon learn what caused this.

7:32 a.m. - Daniel in Mattaponi: I saw the light in the sky last night, I live in King and Queen County near West Point. I thought it was a thunderstorm! Apparently not. It probably was a relatively large meteor burning up in the atmosphere. If so, let's be glad it wasn't a bigger one.
It is interesting that these Booms are being experienced from February through March 2009. Yet, I found one that also happened in 2008 in Kokomo Indiana. I noticed that some are mentioning military flares. Why would they be using these? Could it be anti-missles hitting nukes? Now that is a scary thought. That would cause a panic. LOL. And if the Aliens are battling it out, they need to toss down some food replicators, it would save on my grocery bill.

Anyway I'm all Boomed out. But it was fun doing the research. If you are curious this is what a fallen meteor looks like. <-- video... okay okay ... here is another. <-- Maybe this one proves the Alien Wars theory. Phew!!!

Peace,
Surial - Messenger of Light

Last edited by Surial; 03-30-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: meteor, boom, alien wars
Surial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #4
recallone
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Mystery Flash and Big Boom Rattles Virginia

Good links, Suriel. I like the first reporter who insinuates that Aiken is a town of drunks. The selection of people they put on camera is noteworthy, too.
Here's your opinion about it, America.

"Even the experts aren't sure just yet..." TRANSLATED = The spin doctors are scrambling for an explanation.

Firery debris from space, submarine and satellite navigation systems failing....sounds like a war to me. Spin THAT.
recallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
Argante
Avalon Senior Member

Mysterious East Coast Boom Was Falling Russian Rocket

Quote:
The mysterious boom and flash of light seen over parts of Virginia Sunday night was not a meteor, but actually exploding space junk from the second stage of a Russian Soyuz rocket falling back to Earth, according to an official with the U.S. Naval Observatory.
Argante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

I lived in Chesapeake Va last year, which is near Va Beach by a few miles.

There are several Military bases nearby-Norfolk Va,(naval shipyards) and one near Wiiliamsburg ( weapons testing area)
also, NASA research area there too....

my guess this is probably military related........
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #7
Marian-Librarian
Project Avalon Researcher

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/military/milbase.html

Here is a listing of all the military bases in this area of Virginia(mostly).
Toooooo many not to have something fishy going on....

My guess is it is something at Ft Eustis (the one near Williamsburg), where they test weapons...(right next to a major highway too.....)
Marian-Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 AM   #8
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Charles Schulz

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...=mystery+booms

Gotta be either:?

Updated: Monday, 30 Mar 2009, 3:13 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 30 Mar 2009, 7:32 AM EDT

HAMPTON ROADS, Va. - Emails received to the WAVY Newsroom:

9:51 p.m. - Jamie in Virginia Beach: boom heard at 9:42 pm; shook the house

9:55 p.m. - Jim in Virginia Beach: Hello, we heard a loud boom and the ground shook a little at about 21:48, the same noise was heard by my son's friend who lives in Bayside. We have no clue as to the origin of the noise nor it's damage. I pray it is not serious. Respectfully.

10:16 p.m. - Bernard in Virginia Beach: Just wanted to let you guys know that we our house also shook. We live off of centerville in virginia beach on the chesapeake line.

10:25 p.m. - Joe in Virginia Beach: At around 10 PM our time a rather Large BOOM took place. Shook the HOUSE. I called Police and they said they are looking and trying to find source, and had no further info. Shortly after call I hard 2 consecutive Booms that were not as Strong as the first. Close to Pleasant Valley, Indian Lakes, and Farrell PKY.

10:28 p.m. - Duane in Williamsburg: Subject- house shaking in williamsburg. I saw a flare flying through the air about 45 minutes ago. It should have landed between big bethel road and Hardy cash drive. Maybe close to comander sheppard/simple farm road. This was unusual. I stayed outside to listen for a noise, but on noise and nothing else.

10:31 p.m. - Carl in Virginia Beach: IS THE WORLD ENDING???

10:41 p.m. - Kelly in Onley: I just saw the newsclip about the bright light in the sky reported by several Hampton Roads and Williamsburg residents. I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia (Onley, VA) and also witnessed the bright flashes and what appeared to be a fireball falling from the sky. I did not feel any rumble but could see the bright light and fireball very clearly. Since we live in the country with no street lights, I could see it vividly across the field. I saw three bright flashes which appeared to be lightning and then the bright fireball appeared. As it rapidly fell, the fire grew brighter and bigger. I have no idea what I saw, but it sure was scary. My eyes are still hurting from the extreme bright light and I keep seeing spots. I would really like to know what it was I saw. Thank you.

10:44 p.m. - Robert in Sunbury, NC: At 9:38 PM, I watched a meteor cross over Sunbury, NC. It was traveling from the West towards the East. My wife and our friend also saw this event. Very exciting!!!

11:01 p.m. - Alan in Hampton: At approx. 9pm I had just walked up to my kitchen sink and thought I saw lightening outside...I said to my wife, I just saw lightening and a minute later my dog who has a doggie doors comes in and he was spooked! He went directly upstairs which is what he does if he hears a loud noice etc... He is ver skiddish. I thought this was very weird then they said on the news, we do not know what is going on but they were getting reports!

11:06 p.m. - Kel in Norfolk: My Mom & I Both heard a LOUD Bang and felt a vibration or a Shake of the ground and house.

11:08 p.m. - Lou and Bill Pollard: My husband and I both heard a very large boom accompanied by rattling windows for about 10 seconds tonight. At first because of the wind we thought maybe there was a weather related reason, such as thunder. Then we guessed it might be an explosion of some sort or a crash on the highway just outside our neighborhood.

11:09 p.m. - Diana in Virginia Beach: At around 9:45 pm I was driving, almost to my house and saw the bright streak of light. It lit up the whole area. I thought it was just lightening because it branched out in the sky like lightening. Then I arrived at home, put some stuff in the house and went back out to help my roommate who was bringing stuff into the house too and that's when we both heard the explosion, but honestly, the noise was heard about 15 minutes after I saw the streak. In fact I had just finished telling my roommate that I saw some strange lightening when we heard the explosion. We thought it was fireworks or something. But the noise occurred at least 10-15 minutes after the light. Weird!

11:10 p.m. - Richard in Virginia Beach: At some time this evening between about 9 and 10 I was lying in bed ready to go to sleep when I heard a loud bang and my house shook. It felt as if a car had hit the building. I went outside to investigate and the winds had picked up but I couldn't see anything that may have hit the house. I went back to bed. Then, as I was turning the channel at 11 o'clock, I heard your story about the possible meteorite this evening. I wonder if the sound I heard was a sonic boom that shook my house. That certainly would fit with the idea of a meteorite as it slows down through the atmosphere. Anyway, I thought you might like to hear my story. Have a good night.

11:12 p.m. - Mike in Chesapeake: There was a loud boom that literally shook my house Sun evening. It reminded me of several things including; plane crash, sound barrier broke, transformmer blew up. I understand that the noise was heard in a broad area. I just wanted to give my opinion. I was in the

Navy, stationed abourd an Air Craft Carrier. I have seen/heard a plane break the sound barrier very close to the ship. So close that windows broke in other airplanes. This sound and subsequent shaking of my house reminded me of this.

11:13 p.m. - Kristine in Newport News: I am a CNU student and around 9:45 or so a friend and I were standing outside of our dorm and we saw a piece of something that was lit flying not far from our building. A few minutes after we saw it, there was a faint boom in the distance.

11:14 p.m. - Peggy in Virginia Beach: We saw a bright light, like a shooting star going across the sky, it appeared to descend into the wooded area between laskin rd and va beach blvd, immediatly followed by a very loud boom that shook our business, quite litterly. Shortly after that, maybe 2 min, their were marine helecopters flying overhead with spotlights. strange huh?

11:16 p.m. - Sandi in Virginia Beach: I am commenting on the flash seen in the sky, my husband and I heard a big bang and our house shook and both our computers went crazy... all these ads and pop ups showed up and started loading web sites on it's own! One of the computers shut down. i live in virginia Beach in the Great neck area!

11:17 p.m. - Lisa in Virginia Beach: I live in Larkspur off Edwin Drive in va beach near Mt. Trashmore and my mom lives 1 mile away, both of our houses shook at the same time, it felt like a tree had fallen on our house. I lived in Japan and it felt like a mini earthquake with a loud boom. I hope this helps I went outside after the sound in fear my childrens room had been hit by a tree due to wind and saw a white light across the sky near the Kempsville Golf Course.

11:19 p.m. - Jamie in Virginia Beach: I live in the Chimney Hill area of Virginia Beach and was on my deck when the yard lit up like a lightening flash so I glance up and saw a huge fireball go from West to East, with a very long tail extending halfway across the sky. About 60 seconds later there was a boom that rattled my house and even shook the chair I was sitting in. As a fan of astronomy, I am thrilled to have been so lucky enough to witness this. It was amazing!

11:19 p.m. - Hoyte in Virginia Beach: I saw the meteor. That is exactly what it was, I have seen video of meteors caught on tape and that is exactly what I saw. Amazingly, there was a "boom" about 1-2 minutes after the sighting. I was in my backyard at the time taking a steak off the grill. The time was approximately 9:30 pm.

11:20 p.m. - Mark in Virginia Beach: We didn't see anything, but heard what was some sort of explosion and our house shook. Our first instinct was that maybe a tree fell on our house, but all was fine outside. We were waiting to hear sirens/firetrucks/etc, assuming something near our house exploded, but never did. We were a little dumbfounded. Then the 11:00 news came on, and lo and behold, we weren't imagining things!

11:28 p.m. - April in Chesapeake: I was driving down Joliff Road in Chesapeake and thought I had seen lightening but as I looked up, beyond the clouds, was a bright orange sky. Then soon after, a bright white light fell down through the clouds and looked as if it was going to hit the ground. Very strange incident. I'm curious to find out what it was!

11:58 p.m. - Viewer in Corolla, NC: From Corolla about 300 ft from the beach. Light seen shortly after 9:30 PM tonight. Looked like debris, the kind seen on 4th of July. Felt nothing, heard nothing, just saw the bright lite which seemed to explode in the end and disappear.

12:07 a.m. - Valerie in Virginia Beach: Hi, Saw the bright flash and then felt the boom. It shook our house. We are in the Pembroke Meadows area off of Indpendence Bllvd. and Witchduck Rd. I called my sister who was on the road coming back from Lusby, Maryland. There were 2 sisters, brother in law, 3 nephews, 2 nieces and my mother on the road. They had just gotten off the I295 bypass and gotten on I64 East heading to Norfolk. They all said they saw a big bluish/white ball with what look like orange sparkling in the sky heading south in front of them falling straight ahead down the highway. Then they saw a bright flash and felt a big boom. They said a few cars swerved in front of them. They said it was going along following the highway heading south.

5:12 a.m. - Becky in Virginia Beach: The time is correct, I was in bed watching House when the whole house shook, including my bed. It woke my husband up who had fell asleep in his chair in the living room. The disturbance freaked out my 16 year old son who was in his room. He said it made his over head light shake. I do not understand why one of the numerous security video cameras throughout Hampton Roads did not catch this? Or, no one has came forward yet. I am waiting to see one!

6:25 a.m. - Michelle in Hampton: As I was doing dishes last night i saw the bright flash out of my kitchen window the noise wasnt really bad all i heard was like thunder, my initial thought was lightning and

thunder then i saw what looked like a flare gun went off so i assumed it was just a very bright firework. The fact that it may have been a meteor is very amazing to me!

6:31 a.m. - Laura in Hardyville, Va: Hello, I live in Middlesex County and around 9:37 pm on Sunday March 29, 2009 my husband and I (who were in different parts of our house) saw a bright white flash of light. I was also on the cell phone with our daughter who was in Gloucester VA and she saw the same thing at the same time. At first, we thought it was a power surge or maybe a storm approaching. We really never gave it a second thought until we heard it on your 11:00 evening news. I can't wait to hear more about this.

6:40 a.m. - Beth in Chesapeake: My son and I were inside the house, so we didn't see the light, but we heard it clearly in Great Bridge of Chesapeake, as well. It sounded like a tremendous thunderclap, so I went online to look at the radar. Seeing no clouds near us, I immediately looked outside to see if I saw fire or smoke from an explosion. I saw nothing unusual at that time though, so we were also mystified!

6:40 a.m. - Rashel in Virginia Beach: The walls, the floor, and even the beds shook. I thought a tree had fallen on our home. My son’s head was propped up on his headboard and he described how the headboard shook his head. I ran outside thinking there was a tree on the house or something worse only to see my neighbor out doing the same. We were scared. Thanks for covering the story.

6:51 a.m. - Jen in Deltaville: Good Morning, We too heard a loud boom (although distant) last night around 9:30. We were lying in bed so we did not see anything, but we definitely heard something. We live in Deltaville, about an hour and half from your station and main viewing areas. I was glad to hear on your morning report that others also heard the boom. Hopefully we'll soon learn what caused this.

7:09 a.m. - Samantha in Franklin: I witnessed the bright light in the sky yesterday evening. Out here it appear to have several color's green,blue,red, orange. Almost looked like something that would have came out of a Firework. It disappeared behind the trees in our neighborhood and was traveling very fast. I did not hear any loud noise or feel any tremors.I thought that is might have be a meteor.Whatever it was it was beautiful for the few seconds i was able to see it.

7:23 a.m. - Melissa in Virginia Beach: I just wanted to send you all a email stating that I also heard the loud noise last night. I did not see any light but I was on the phone with my husband and felt/heard the noise. At first I thought that it was something falling upstairs but I have nothing big enough to have made that loud of a noise. I could feel the ground shake a little and also it seemed like the house shook.

7:32 a.m. - Daniel in Mattaponi: I saw the light in the sky last night, I live in King and Queen County near West Point. I thought it was a thunderstorm! Apparently not. It probably was a relatively large meteor burning up in the atmosphere. If so, let's be glad it wasn't a bigger one.

7:39 a.m. - Nikki in Norfolk: I live in Norfolk and last night I heard a loud boom off in the distance. My Entire house shook last night at the same time.

7:50 a.m. - Melanie in Williamsburg: My husband and I and another couple were standing outside last night and we also saw the firelooking ball going down and after it all happened we continued to stay outside and it took like 2 or 3 min until we heard the boom. it was really weird because it took so long and at that moment it wasn't really clear for us if those two events were connected. but reading all the other reports we now know they were.... just thought we shared that there was a boom in Williamsburg too......just a few min later.

7:51 a.m. - Javonda in Portsmouth: I'm glad other people heard the noise, because I was concerned! I live in Churchland in Portsmouth, VA. Sunday night I was in my bedroom watching a movie, I saw flashing lights in my peripheral, coming from my bedroom window. But when I looked again...it was gone. Some time later, I heard a loud boom, and then the house shook! I was on one end of the house and my mother was on the other end of the house. My father was in the center of the house. My mother and I both heard and felt the "Boom" (My father...heard and felt nothing. To me, it sounded like a cannon going off, or like when I lived in my townhouse, and my neighbor ran into his townhouse with his car! My mother said it sounded like it was on the roof. So my father went out to investigate, but saw nothing.

8:36 a.m. - Christine in Virginia Beach: A friend and I were in the Lynnhaven parking lot after having dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. Listening to some music and looking up at the sky through the moon roof of my friends car, I saw flashes of white light and heard some rumbling I was surprised to see lightening this early in the year. (I even mentioned out loud, "wow lightening") I looked away from the sky then out

of my direct vision was an orange ball of light scraping across the sky (pretty low, lower than a airplane would be) by the time I looked up to focus on the light I saw the orange light dissipate, it was as if someone scratch the sky with fire leaving 4 or five orange lines that fizzled out like a fireworks. You how fireworks fizzle out after the boom..I kinda looked at it and stated to my friend about this weird light in the sky...then just carried on the conversation we were having, but in the back of my mind I just had this puzzled question, "that was weird."

I did not think too much of this until a friend I was with called after he got home and said, "that weird light you saw, was something crazy, people are freaked!, go to Yahoo and call me back." I was amazed that I witnessed something so crazy...and we still don't know what it was...people are saying Meteorite or something...but Scientist watch the skies with these huge telescopes located throughout the world, they always tell us if a meteor was coming, because they would tell us to look at the sky...They usually see things before it gets here..what could have came so fast and out of nowhere that even the scientists have no explanation...something does not add up.

10:05 a.m. - Nancy in Virginia Beach: Just wanted to inform you that my husband and I both heard the loud explosion sound and felt our home shake last night as we were watching TV. We got up and looked around and didn't see anything. We live in the Kings Grant section of Va. Beach.

10:19 a.m. - Danny in Williamsburg: I just wanted to give our account of what we saw last night. My family and I was coming home from Maryland and around 9:20pm or so as I was driving down 64 heading towards Williamsburg, I looked in the distance and thought that I was heading into a storm because of all the immediate lightning flashes. Then, my mother looked and yelled look and we saw a gigantic fire ball that lit the entire sky up. It was a brilliant bright light. We heard no sound because our windows were rolled up but for at least 4 seconds since I originally seen the flashes up the fireball is how long it lasted. Then, nothing. No smoke trail, no fire on the ground—nothing. So, I called 911 and reported what I seen and asked the operator if any one else had called in about a possible plane crash or explosion in the sky. She said no. You are the first. I felt special. Lol. After it happen, we just talked about the fact that the most probable explanation is that it was a large meteorite that just burned up before hitting the earth.

As far as it being a sign that the earth is ending, well, you can believe that God will not leave you wondering if what He is doing is from Him. When He makes His move, the entire world will know all at once. I believe that it was a meteor and it was a fairly large one that just burned up. The fireball was pretty intense and so bright. Sorry, didn’t hear nothing though. Oh well, that is what we saw and I’m glad we did. It was pretty cool. Glad no one got hurt.

10:37 a.m. - Pat in Virginia Beach: Around 9:40pm, My Son was in his room and saw the light thru his window. Our driveway bell went off (which has not been working) and the Satellite TV flashed simultaneous to my son's yell, notifying us of what he had just seen from the front of the house. We didn't hear anything out of the norm. We live off of Indian River Road in Va Beach.

10:50 a.m. - Mike in Emporia: Last night I was traveling east on 58 between South Hill and Emporia. To my left I saw what I thought was a meteorite fall from the sky. It looked like fireworks in reverse. it was very colorful. Didn't see it actually hit the ground due to the trees but it looked like it was close. I was in South Hill at 9 PM so the time frame fits.

11:29 a.m. - Jeff in New Market, MD: We are in New Market Maryland and happened to be looking due south at 9:40pm and saw the very bright green streak eastbound and descending. The track was much brighter and wider than any large fireworks might appear when nearby, it flared to a wider streak and yellower as it descended, then disappeared abruptly just above the horizon. We noticed a distant cloud deck that would obscure the track just above the horizon. No noise at all. Figured it was at least 100 miles south because of estimated distance to the cloud deck and apparent velocity. Absolutely awesome even this far out, very bright, very green then yellow.

11:38 a.m. - Mary in Painter, Va: It was visible here on the eastern shore, my husband and I were headed home last night around 9:30pm we were just about to enter Painter, Va when the sky lit up. It was very weird because there were barely any clouds in the sky. I told him that it reminded me of the Jim Carey movie, Truman. We joked that someone must have accidentally made the sun come up a little early and we asked that they rewrite our roles as big lotto winners. Lol. Thanks for keeping us posted, we knew we weren’t crazy,

12:44 p.m. - David in

Albany, NY: Last night I was outside about 9:30 or so during the year's first Thunderstorm, which was not at all severe, but meandering and just rumbling through. The rain was steady and somewhat intense, but a Summer storm it was not. The occasional lightning had moved across the Hudson, with strikes about four miles distant judging from the thunder lag, when FLASH, a brilliant light blinded me for a few seconds. Far brighter than a normal "bright as day" lightning flash, it literally blinded me though I never saw it directly. I thought it was an extremely close strike and braced for the immense crash of thunder, but instead, about 6 seconds later, a slow rumble began. After a few seconds of lazy rumbling, I heard a very loud explosion, which made me jump. It sounded like an immense firework exploding at quite a distance. When I got where I was going, I discussed it with the people there who had all heard it indoors, and wondered what it had been. Let it be noted that the flash, if the same as seen by observers halfway down the Atlantic Seaboard, was seen by me through cloud cover thick enough to be supporting an ongoing Thunderstorm, a strange and anomylous variant of which we all took the phenomenon to be until reading this article.

If you caught a picture or video of the mystery in the sky... click here to send us an email.

Navy, stationed abourd an Air Craft Carrier. I have seen/heard a plane break the sound barrier very close to the ship. So close that windows broke in other airplanes. This sound and subsequent shaking of my house reminded me of this.

6:25 a.m. - Michelle in Hampton: As I was doing dishes last night i saw the bright flash out of my kitchen window the noise wasnt really bad all i heard was like thunder, my initial thought was lightning and
thunder then i saw what looked like a flare gun went off so i assumed it was just a very bright firework. The fact that it may have been a meteor is very amazing to me!

6:40 a.m. - Rashel in Virginia Beach: The walls, the floor, and even the beds shook. I thought a tree had fallen on our home. My son’s head was propped up on his headboard and he described how the headboard shook his head. I ran outside thinking there was a tree on the house or something worse only to see my neighbor out doing the same. We were scared. Thanks for covering the story.

7:09 a.m. - Samantha in Franklin: I witnessed the bright light in the sky yesterday evening. Out here it appear to have several color's green,blue,red, orange. Almost looked like something that would have came out of a Firework. It disappeared behind the trees in our neighborhood and was traveling very fast. I did not hear any loud noise or feel any tremors.I thought that is might have be a meteor.Whatever it was it was beautiful for the few seconds i was able to see it.

7:23 a.m. - Melissa in Virginia Beach: I just wanted to send you all a email stating that I also heard the loud noise last night. I did not see any light but I was on the phone with my husband and felt/heard the noise. At first I thought that it was something falling upstairs but I have nothing big enough to have made that loud of a noise. I could feel the ground shake a little and also it seemed like the house shook.

7:39 a.m. - Nikki in Norfolk: I live in Norfolk and last night I heard a loud boom off in the distance. My Entire house shook last night at the same time.

7:50 a.m. - Melanie in Williamsburg: My husband and I and another couple were standing outside last night and we also saw the firelooking ball going down and after it all happened we continued to stay outside and it took like 2 or 3 min until we heard the boom. it was really weird because it took so long and at that moment it wasn't really clear for us if those two events were connected. but reading all the other reports we now know they were.... just thought we shared that there was a boom in Williamsburg too......just a few min later.

7:51 a.m. - Javonda in Portsmouth: I'm glad other people heard the noise, because I was concerned! I live in Churchland in Portsmouth, VA. Sunday night I was in my bedroom watching a movie, I saw flashing lights in my peripheral, coming from my bedroom window. But when I looked again...it was gone. Some time later, I heard a loud boom, and then the house shook! I was on one end of the house and my mother was on the other end of the house. My father was in the center of the house. My mother and I both heard and felt the "Boom" (My father...heard and felt nothing. To me, it sounded like a cannon going off, or like when I lived in my townhouse, and my neighbor ran into his townhouse with his car! My mother said it sounded like it was on the roof. So my father went out to investigate, but saw nothing.

8:36 a.m. - Christine in Virginia Beach: A friend and I were in the Lynnhaven parking lot after having dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. Listening to some music and looking up at the sky through the moon roof of my friends car, I saw flashes of white light and heard some rumbling I was surprised to see lightening this early in the year. (I even mentioned out loud, "wow lightening") I looked away from the sky then out
of my direct vision was an orange ball of light scraping across the sky (pretty low, lower than a airplane would be) by the time I looked up to focus on the light I saw the orange light dissipate, it was as if someone scratch the sky with fire leaving 4 or five orange lines that fizzled out like a fireworks. You how fireworks fizzle out after the boom..I kinda looked at it and stated to my friend about this weird light in the sky...then just carried on the conversation we were having, but in the back of my mind I just had this puzzled question, "that was weird."

I did not think too much of this until a friend I was with called after he got home and said, "that weird light you saw, was something crazy, people are freaked!, go to Yahoo and call me back." I was amazed that I witnessed something so crazy...and we still don't know what it was...people are saying Meteorite or something...but Scientist watch the skies with these huge telescopes located throughout the world, they always tell us if a meteor was coming, because they would tell us to look at the sky...They usually see things before it gets here..what could have came so fast and out of nowhere that even the scientists have no explanation...something does not add up.

10:05 a.m. - Nancy in Virginia Beach: Just wanted to inform you that my husband and I both heard the loud explosion sound and felt our home shake last night as we were watching TV. We got up and looked around and didn't see anything. We live in the Kings Grant section of Va. Beach.

10:19 a.m. - Danny in Williamsburg: I just wanted to give our account of what we saw last night. My family and I was coming home from Maryland and around 9:20pm or so as I was driving down 64 heading towards Williamsburg, I looked in the distance and thought that I was heading into a storm because of all the immediate lightning flashes. Then, my mother looked and yelled look and we saw a gigantic fire ball that lit the entire sky up. It was a brilliant bright light. We heard no sound because our windows were rolled up but for at least 4 seconds since I originally seen the flashes up the fireball is how long it lasted. Then, nothing. No smoke trail, no fire on the ground—nothing. So, I called 911 and reported what I seen and asked the operator if any one else had called in about a possible plane crash or explosion in the sky. She said no. You are the first. I felt special. Lol. After it happen, we just talked about the fact that the most probable explanation is that it was a large meteorite that just burned up before hitting the earth.

As far as it being a sign that the earth is ending, well, you can believe that God will not leave you wondering if what He is doing is from Him. When He makes His move, the entire world will know all at once. I believe that it was a meteor and it was a fairly large one that just burned up. The fireball was pretty intense and so bright. Sorry, didn’t hear nothing though. Oh well, that is what we saw and I’m glad we did. It was pretty cool. Glad no one got hurt.

10:37 a.m. - Pat in Virginia Beach: Around 9:40pm, My Son was in his room and saw the light thru his window. Our driveway bell went off (which has not been working) and the Satellite TV flashed simultaneous to my son's yell, notifying us of what he had just seen from the front of the house. We didn't hear anything out of the norm. We live off of Indian River Road in Va Beach.

10:50 a.m. - Mike in Emporia: Last night I was traveling east on 58 between South Hill and Emporia. To my left I saw what I thought was a meteorite fall from the sky. It looked like fireworks in reverse. it was very colorful. Didn't see it actually hit the ground due to the trees but it looked like it was close. I was in South Hill at 9 PM so the time frame fits.

11:29 a.m. - Jeff in New Market, MD: We are in New Market Maryland and happened to be looking due south at 9:40pm and saw the very bright green streak eastbound and descending. The track was much brighter and wider than any large fireworks might appear when nearby, it flared to a wider streak and yellower as it descended, then disappeared abruptly just above the horizon. We noticed a distant cloud deck that would obscure the track just above the horizon. No noise at all. Figured it was at least 100 miles south because of estimated distance to the cloud deck and apparent velocity. Absolutely awesome even this far out, very bright, very green then yellow.

11:38 a.m. - Mary in Painter, Va: It was visible here on the eastern shore, my husband and I were headed home last night around 9:30pm we were just about to enter Painter, Va when the sky lit up. It was very weird because there were barely any clouds in the sky. I told him that it reminded me of the Jim Carey movie, Truman. We joked that someone must have accidentally made the sun come up a little early and we asked that they rewrite our roles as big lotto winners. Lol. Thanks for keeping us posted, we knew we weren’t crazy,
Albany, NY: Last night I was outside about 9:30 or so during the year's first Thunderstorm, which was not at all severe, but meandering and just rumbling through. The rain was steady and somewhat intense, but a Summer storm it was not. The occasional lightning had moved across the Hudson, with strikes about four miles distant judging from the thunder lag, when FLASH, a brilliant light blinded me for a few seconds. Far brighter than a normal "bright as day" lightning flash, it literally blinded me though I never saw it directly. I thought it was an extremely close strike and braced for the immense crash of thunder, but instead, about 6 seconds later, a slow rumble began. After a few seconds of lazy rumbling, I heard a very loud explosion, which made me jump. It sounded like an immense firework exploding at quite a distance. When I got where I was going, I discussed it with the people there who had all heard it indoors, and wondered what it had been. Let it be noted that the flash, if the same as seen by observers halfway down the Atlantic Seaboard, was seen by me through cloud cover thick enough to be supporting an ongoing Thunderstorm, a strange and anomylous variant of which we all took the phenomenon to be until reading this article.

I have never witnessed any light/shieldship anomaly that i can fully verify as being a vessal that is piloted by extra/intra understanding entities,as of i know.
I am sure that my mum and dad,( I never say parents,as it's not genetic lines that we live) have experienced encounters indirectly from their stance (which we may THINK,yes, think) not understand and maybe the big fellas of duality and conscience...
My father witnessed the day before he died entities that walked through the wall and placed the big guy at ease-dead odd,(forgive the pun) but this happened and i am not takkin' the michael changa on this.
Whomever wishes to say i am talking bull-i shall meet them on a field in the middle of weerever and av it ite with them;
sword to sword,soul intacto. lol.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_w...e_sky_20090330

Last edited by Antaletriangle; 03-31-2009 at 12:52 AM.
Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:43 AM   #9
peaceandlove
Avalon Senior Member

Default Mysterious East Coast Boom Was Falling Russian Rocket

Mysterious East Coast Boom Was Falling Russian Rocket

Andrea Thompson
Senior Writer
SPACE.com – Mon Mar 30, 2:52 pm ET

The mysterious boom and flash of light seen over parts of Virginia Sunday night was not a meteor, but actually exploding space junk from the second stage of a Russian Soyuz rocket falling back to Earth, according to an official with the U.S. Naval Observatory.

"I'm pretty convinced that what these folks saw was the second stage of the Soyuz rocket that launched the crew up to the space station," said Jeff Chester of the Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C.

Article continues and video: http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/200903...grussianrocket
peaceandlove is offline   Reply With Quote