Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Unconfirmed News Reports

Notices

Unconfirmed News Reports Please post any unconfirmed/unverified reports here

Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 AM   #1
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Ask an Astrobiologist FAQ

Who is the Astrobiologist answering these questions?

David Morrison, the Senior Scientist of the NASA Astrobiology Institute answers the questions.

Have aliens visited Earth? Are UFOs real?

No, there is no evidence for visits of intelligent aliens to Earth, either now or in the past. The are many claims concerning UFOs and aliens, but no evidence to support these claims. The photos that are posted on the Internet are mostly fakes, and no one has ever produced an artifact or any other tangible scientific evidence of UFOs or aliens. One of strongest cases against the reality of these claims is that the group of people who spend the most time observing the sky are amateur astronomers, and they don’t report UFO sightings. If there were any evidence of aliens, astrobiologists would be among to first to hail such a discovery and analyze the data. However, there is no evidence that withstands scientific investigation. If you are still interested, you can use the search engine to find posted answers to specific questions about aliens and UFOs.

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a planet or brown dwarf called Nibiru or Eris that is approaching the Earth and threatening our planet with widespread destruction?

No: Nibiru and other stories about wayward planets are an Internet hoax. There is no factual basis for these claims, and most of them (such as that Nibiru has been hiding behind the Sun or that it will be visible to the naked eye from the southern hemisphere next year) are ludicrous. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system; the closest it can come to Earth is about 4 billion miles. More questions and answers about these peculiar claims can be found on this website by clicking on “Most Popular” or using the search engine to look up specific topics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it true that the Sun will be in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy in December 2012 and that this will cause a pole shift and massive destruction.

No, this is an Internet hoax, with no basis in fact. There is no alignment of planets or of the Sun with the Galaxy. As far as being in the center of the Galaxy, this is impossible; we are slowly orbiting the galactic center at a distance of about 30,000 light years. The idea of a “pole shift” is also unfounded. Most people seem to mean a rapid change in the rotational pole of the Earth, but this is something that has never happened and never will. Some people are confusing this with the reversal of the magnetic poles on Earth, which does take place regularly, every few hundred thousand years. But there is no evidence that this might happen soon, and even if it did, the magnetic shift would be gradual and there would probably be no consequences on the planet, certainly nothing catastrophic. More questions and answers about these peculiar claims can be found on this website by clicking on “Most Popular” or using the search engine to look up specific topics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has NASA discovered life on other worlds?

No. The discovery of life beyond Earth is one of the ultimate goals of astrobiology, but so far there is no convincing evidence of life. Today, astrobiologists are mostly concentrating their research on understanding Earth life, including its origin and range of habitable environments, and on determining if habitable environments exist beyond Earth (on Mars, for example). There have been very few actual searches as yet for life on other worlds.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Ask an Astrobiologist FAQ

Question

Nibiru Redux: Six recent questions about Nibiru:

(1) I have found a lot of stuff about a so called planet. Planet x or nibiru. It anything they say possible like revolving around the sun clockwise and it has been said that its orbit is way far out past Pluto. Also there are statements that it has a 3600 year orbit around the sun an that is is supposed to return in the near future. Is this possible at all? It sounds fishy to me, but there are supposed pics of it and a lot of scientist talk about it. I even wikipedia searched it. I would just like to find out some info please.

(2) Nibiru does exist and I can prove it. Nibiru is in the old testament Exodus 6:4. and you are watching Nibiru from a lab on the south pole. also I have images from a telescope of Nibiru. and people from the southern hemisphere can see Nibiru in the daytime. is that proof enough for you?

(3) many signs tell that something big is out there coming and why wouldn't it be true about nibiru / planet x there is a lot of fact historical and scientific but i do understand your awnser but why build a telescope at the south pole an photos and such with this redish dwarf star moving fast in 1983 it was 50 billion miles away and 10 years later it is alot closer is it hiding behind the sun i know you all dont want to start a world wide panic.

(4) I read were you said that Nibiru is a hoax. My question to you is why would anyone let the american population know about such a catastrophy? Isnt it the governments job to keep the population at ease?

(5) You say Nibiru is a hoax, and no such planet exists, but is Nibiru not Eris?

(6) What is this a picture of? http://www.greatdreams.com/nibiru-possible.jpg It's said to be Nibiru, but as you say Nibiru is a hoax. so what is this really a photo of?

I hope this is my last comment on the Nibiru hoax, but questions like the above six keep coming in. Most of the entries on the Internet about Nibiru are false. Wikipedia has it correct when they write that "Nibiru is a name in Sumerian, Babylonian astrology associated with the god Marduk, generally accepted as referring to the planet Jupiter." The rest is a hoax, including all the "stuff" questioner #! found on the internet.

Questioners #2 and #3 mention the astronomical observatory at the South Pole, but I assure you these astronomers are not looking at Nibiru. The Antarctic is a great place for astronomical infrared and short-wave-radio observations, and it also has the advantage that objects can be observed continuously without the interference of the day-night cycle. If the questioner really thinks that Nibiru is visible in the daytime in the southern hemisphere, they are very confused; this sort of statement is obviously false.

Questioners #3 and #4 seem to think that the government would hide information about Nibiru and the catastrophe supposedly due in a few years, but I can't imagine why. My experience is, in fact, that sometimes parts of the government do just the opposite, as in the frequent references to various terrorist threats or warnings about driving accidents on long holiday weekends, which are no more dangerous than any other time.

In any case, the job of NASA scientists is to discover and tell the truth! Questioner (5) asks if Nibiru is the same as Eris, and the answer is an emphatic no. This Nibiru hoax has been around for a decade, including predictions that Nibiru would pass close to Earth and cause a catastrophe about 5 years ago. (Guess what: it didn't happen!). Eris, in contrast, is one of several dwarf planets recently found by astronomers in the outer part of out solar system, all of them on normal orbits that will never bring them close to Earth.

There is a good write-up on Eris in Wikipedia. Finally, Questioner (6) asks me to identify two pictures. I could perhaps do so if I knew the type of telescope and camera used and the scale of photos. Without that information, I can only guess that (if these photos are real) these might be images of a gas cloud (nebula) ejected by a star in its old age. They are obviously very distant, since we see stars in the foreground superposed on the nebula. Also, since the stars are the same, this object (if it is real) has not moved between the dates of the two photos. It is just crazy that anyone would claim that these are photos of a planet in our own solar system.

Let me say once again that Nibiru is a hoax promoted by a cult; it does not exist, and it certainly poses no threat to us. It saddens me that people would be taken in by such nonsense. David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
February 7, 2008

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-...stion/?id=2759

Last edited by Dantheman62; 05-11-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

HaHa that guy sounds very programmed doesn't he. Or just tired of answering the questions over and over and over, LOL
Or should I just say typical NASA

Last edited by Dantheman62; 05-11-2009 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:06 AM   #4
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Me..... I don't believe NASA .... The contractors have all the REAL
good stuff.... tucked away... Why was Otis Carr disgraced...?

James Parsons Labs changed to [JPL] Jet Prop. Labs... [hiding]

Until recently, you could have gotten people that worked for these
contractors to come on; for what they did for these companies....
FOIA's might help a little, but only to find out What contractor
was given the data... NASA is running a dead program.... But,
getting money for it.... Once again, see the movie "The Long
Kiss Good Night" Gina Davis; I've always liked her... Good actress
Knew when to get out.... She " gets it "....

My turn to ask a question.... Where did the people of paperclip go
to what companies. Who wrote their checks it wasn't the gummit.

Why are there White sand in NM.... Where did it come from ?
What is the name of the town North of Holloman AFB....?
What does it translate into in english ? Where is trinity.....

Has Dr. Lerma helped any of that area pass.....? I bet....
Any from NASA's contractors pass.....? I bet

I don't trust NASA.... And, I trust the contractors even less....

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

White Sands NM.....................

The desert lies under the scorching sun of Tularosa Basin New Mexico, its white sands gleaming like freshly fallen snow. These powdery grains of sand are not composed of quartz, unlike most desert sands, but of soft, chalky gypsum, or calcium sulfate. Also, unlike other desert sands, they are cool to the touch, due to the high rate of evaporation of surface moisture and also to the fact that the sands reflect, rather than absorb, the sun's rays. It is the world's largest surface deposit of gypsum, the mineral from which plaster of Paris is made.

Gypsum is one of the most common mineral compounds found on Earth but is rarely seen on the surface, as it dissolves easily in water. The origins of this amazing 'desert' dates back to around 100 million years ago, during which it was covered by a shallow sea. As its waters gradually receded, saltwater lakes were left behind, which eventually evaporated in the sun. In addition to salt, gypsum was also laid down in thick deposits on the old seabed.

The Sacramento and San Andres Mountains, with the Tularosa Basin between them, started taking shape 65 million years ago[citation needed]. Giant upheavals in the Earth's crust folded and crumpled the land and the gypsum deposits, thrusting them high into the air.

Constant rainfall and meltwater coming from the mountains caused the gypsum to leach out and concentrated solutions were washed down the mountainsides. The gypsum solution accumulated in Lake Lucero, the lowest part of the Tularosa Basin. Water in the lake does not have any means of escaping except by evaporation, which leaves behind thin layers of crystalised gypsum, or selenite. Weathering then reduces these crystals to fine, sandy grains. South-westerly winds carry the grains farther up the basin, and the grains pile in steep dunes that are often as high as 15 m (50ft). The winds carve more dunes and, at the same time, carry small amounts of the gypsum grains by distances of up to 9 m (30ft) a year.

This constant movement of the sands, added with their alkaline nature and the little amount of rainfall makes it difficult for plants to grow here.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

The town just north of Holloman is Alamogordo, which means "fat cottonwood."

Trinity is approx. 60 miles from Alamogordo and is the site of the first Atomic Bomb test in 1945. The property is owned by the White Sands Missile Range.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:30 AM   #7
BROOK
Avalon Senior Member

Nasa....never a straight answer BTW what ever happened to Gary Mckinnon...it just sort of died down...Someone should have asked this guy what they were so afraid of to do him in so badly
BROOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Am I right Tango?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #9
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post

Who wrote their checks it wasn't the gummit.
And, on a similar topic, - Black Budgets. Where does the money come from?

I believe there is a place in the USA known as Fort Knox. It supposedly has oodles of gold stored there. Who does it belong to? Does anybody know how much gold goes in and comes out? Who keeps track of it - and, would they tell us?
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:35 AM   #10
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

As far as Black Budgets, I think we'll never know where the money comes from,but I have a guess! Check out S.A.I.C.

Fort Knox is a United States Army post in Kentucky south of Louisville and north of Elizabethtown. The 109,000-acre base It currently holds the U.S. Army Armor Center, the U.S. Army Armor School, and is used by both the Army and the Marine Corps to train crews on the M1 Abrams main battle tank. The history of the US Army's Cavalry and Armored forces, and of General George S. Patton's career, can be found at the General George Patton Museum on the grounds of Fort Knox.

The United States Department of the Treasury has maintained the Bullion Depository on the base since 1937. This facility is operated by the Treasury Department and is independent of the Army's operations there.So I guess the Treasury Dept. keeps track of it, LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Knox

Last edited by Dantheman62; 05-14-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:03 AM   #11
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
The town just north of Holloman is Alamogordo, which means "fat cottonwood."

Trinity is approx. 60 miles from Alamogordo and is the site of the first Atomic Bomb test in 1945. The property is owned by the White Sands Missile Range.
The point that I was trying to make is Our Corporations brought Nazi to this
country [USA] agreed to pay them to continue to work HIDDEN in the NM
reflective White Sands desert on a BOMB... And, also worked on the Disc
craft [at the same time] crashed them on short flights. People saw the symbols on the German craft on the 4th,5th,6th July 1947....

Very knowledgable Dan the Man... Sooo, since White Sands is REALLY a powder it would absorb radiation... Right.!! So they wouldn't have to have prisoners scrub it down with Lye and water like they did after the NAZI Bell was cranked up...

Alamogordo translation = The Fat Alamo Tree.... or " THE BIG UGLY ONE "

So, the Germans had to leave foot prints.... I know they lived in Las Crus,NM
[America's New Space Port] Some also lived in Alamogordo, NM...

Dr. John Lerma, helped some of the Nazi beings from those days pass....

I'm sorry I couldn't answer sooner, I had visitors... They brought over the
movie " The Celestine Insights." They asked if I would watch it with them.
How could I refuse.....!!!

If I missed something let me know... Sorry abt the delay.

Trooly,

Tango
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote