Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #10
MyShadow
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Consepts of God

Not trying to fan flames here, but I'm just curious what gets triggered when one says they have a different perspective on religion or God(s)? Why is this such an emboldened and sacred topic? It sort of seems to me that as long as one holds their own beliefs, it really doesnt matter what the next person says or thinks. Actually, I sort of like hearing all perspectives, especially those that are different than mine.

Also I have always found it very interesting when teachers/ascended masters (or whatever they may be called) are quoted and exemplified as "the" authority on subjects. To me that is sort of like pointing to a 'singularity perspective' that must be "the one truth" because someone resonates with that perspective or it may be endorsed by a religion.

I say, let one study from many teachers and pick and choose what resonates and make it one's own truth. One can live their truth alongside of others that hold different perspectives.

I guess my wish would be that we could all have our own gods, or not, and religious beliefs and accept that others may have different views.

I did not post this to trigger the OP, so please don't take it that way. This is just a curious loop conversation that goes on and on . . .
MyShadow is offline   Reply With Quote