Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-18-2008, 03:28 PM   #51
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The power of music to awaken us / Tool the band?

I agree with the sunlight metaphore. They do have kryptic songs that I am not sure are that good for you vibration. One thing to remember though is that horrible events, like the one in Prison Sex, happen to people every day. It is ignorant for us to just ignore things that are not of light. I have a friend who was just released from prison and he will not even talk about his experiences. In order for him to bring himself out of the dark he has to accept every moment of his life and then be at peace with it. That is the message that Tool and other artists, who write about things that most people do not want to think about, bring to people who have had horrible experiences. If you really want to know what there message is then look at the art work of Alex Grey. You can find it on google images and one of his paintings is being used as my avatar
Orion Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:16 AM   #52
atama
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: The power of music to awaken us / Tool the band?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahunamahalo View Post
Zappa, he called it like he saw it.
and he saw it how it is.

www.zappa.com

the man was years ahead of his time.
atama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #53
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

I share some truly divine music I would recommend to all:

NASA - Voyager Recordings - Symphonies of the Planets

Quote:
This is a collection of audio sensor data from the Voyager probe as it cruised out of our solar system. Sounds from the interaction of the Solar Wind with the magnetosphere of Planets,Moons and Rings of Planets In Our Solar System.

Share the journey of a 5 billion mile trek to the outer limits of our solar system. Hear the beautiful songs of the planets. The complex interactions of the cosmic plasma of the universe, charged electromagnetic particles from the solar wind, planetary magnetosphere, rings and moons create vibration soundscapes which are at once utterly alien and deeply familiar to the ear. Some of these sounds are hauntingly like human voices singing, giant Tibetan bowls, wind waves, birds and dolphins. Many are familiar in a way unique for each listener. VOYAGER has left our solar system forever. The sounds on this recording will never be made again in our lifetime.
Note from me: The above calibrates above 540 (Unconditional Love/Joy) on David Hawkins scale (see other posts by me for more on that scale etc.)

Jonathan Goldman - Holy Harmony

Quote:
HOLY HARMONY contains two never before released Sacred Sound: Tuning Forks of the complete HEALING CODES of the BIBLE combined with the chant of YHSHV (Yod Hey Shin Vav Hey), an ancient Name of the Christ. These 9 tuning forks are said to be the Divine frequencies of creation. Some believe the sounding of them is said to fulfill certain Biblical prophecies. Others believe these frequencies have extraordinary healing and transformational properties. The YHSVH Chant is a powerful word of prayer, or a mantra, that is composed of specific letters of the Hebrew alphabet that create a sacred name for the Christ. The Chant can be used for protection, for clearing, and to resonate with the Christ energy. As the Healing Code Tuning Forks sound together with Jonathan Goldman and Sarah Benson’s beautiful and rich choral chanting, they create an extremely powerful , yet deeply calming sonic environment. The combination of the Tuning Forks with the YHSVH Chant is great for relaxation and meditation. These sounds may also be extremely healing and transformational.

This is "the world's most powerful CD," according to Dr. Leonard Horowitz, an internationally known expert in public health and natural healing. Just read his 15th book, Walk on Water. Excerpts reprinted below, and dozens of testimonials, explain why "this musical blessing by Jonathan Goldman, the world's leading toning-for-healing artist, is the best thing you can buy and play to open hearts, expand spirituality, and fulfill your Divine destiny."
Hint: This can also be found on Pirate Bay... but I would recommend that you buy it... It calibrates at a whopping 780(!) on Hawkins scale.
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #54
Psyclon

I love tool. Have for many years. Everyone should give them a listen.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #55
christo
Avalon Senior Member

hi all. first post on here. just flicked through quickly so forgive me if i repeat anything anyone on here has said already. also apologies if this post isnt particularly structured, it's been a long day

i suppose the reason i am typing on this forum now is because of tool. i began listening to them a couple of years ago (i saw them in 2001 but didnt really appreciate the experience. if only i could go back *sigh* hehe) and it sent me on a search to try and figure out what they were about, as something about them resonates strongly with me. this led to researching the pineal gland ( from listening to third eye), meditation, which led me towards the whole 2012 scenario, which led me to stumble onto the "grand conspiracy."

I think the name Tool is important in and of itself, the messages often aren't clear and require introspection in terms of what the music means to ourselves. I suppose it could be likened to the tarot. they don't necessarily provide you with a concrete meaning, but are used to stimulate thought and areas of the psyche we often neglect; and so the music is a tool of discovery. as deep as it goes, for me it was just the starting point. the aenima album in particular i believe takes you on a journey of discovery. the multitude of layers within the structure of the music and double-meanings in the lyrics is a key part to that. if im right aenima is the female aspect of the psyche? but is also a play on words of "enema" to flush away what is no longer needed, so in essence a kind of rebirth into a new level of consciousness. not without their own sense of humour though, the first track "stinkfist" being a particularly vulgar metaphor for our addictions in whatever guise they may take (substances, emotional addictions, physical acts or even our own beliefs, which i have heard described as a deep addiction and some of the hardest to shed) which almost requires a certain level of openmindedness to not take it all literally. if you cannot see past the literal then its as if they are seperating those who will find their music useful from those who will not.

someone asked about maynard being into tai chi. i dont know much if he is, although i do know he is into brazilian jujitsu (bjj) and if i remember right he trains with rickson gracie, one of, if not THE best bjj player in the world. if anyone is interested, slightly off topic i know, but i reccomend bjj to anyone who is interested in learning self defence or martial arts in general. its good stuff

back to tool, but shifting forward a little to their artwork. 10,000 days has holographic style images viewed with 3d specs, if you look into those images you'll see clues towards what theyre into (e.g a thoth tarot deck appears in one image).

alex grey's artwork i find absolutely fascinating and inspirational, which speak to the heart, and are a beautiful match to tool's music. i have personally had experiences of altered conciousness which seem to be straight out of alex grey's paintings. in particular the onset of an OBE began with a feeling of rising up a "tunnel of eyes" much like in grey's "dying" painting from the progress of the soul works.

i also reccomend taking a look at alex grey's website alexgrey.com, there is also a forum on there with some very interesting people.

phew. hope that wasn't too long winded, and again, apologies if i've repeated anything anybody has said previously.

all the best my friends

Last edited by christo; 09-20-2008 at 10:42 PM.
christo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #56
Shaeba
Avalon Senior Member

This is a great thread. I'm going to have quite alot of music to explore. Which as a singer myself is always inspiring. I can't live and breath without music, and my tastes are pretty varied.

Others have mentioned the idea of a soundtrack for their awakening, and I have most definitely had the same experience. I was well and truly asleep until I fell in love with the music of 30 Seconds to Mars. Songs on their first album 30 Seconds to Mars like Edge of the Earth, Fallen, Oblivion, End of the Beginning, The Mission and Year Zero all really speak, to my mind, about what is going on, and/or coming.

There are several songs as well from A Beautiful Lie that resonate with me as well, songs like Attack, The Kill and especially R-evolve.

Additionally they've recently gotten heavily involved in environmental concerns as well as doing work with Habitat For Humanity and other charitable endeavors. A great site to check out is their environmental based site http://www.abeautifullie.org. The video for A Beautiful Lie is pretty stunning. It was filmed on a glacier near Greenland that was cracking apart beneath them as they filmed.

Last edited by Shaeba; 09-21-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Shaeba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #57
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

A. # 1 if you start talking crap about "this kind of music lowers your blah blah blah" You're lowering your own by being such a judgmental ****. It's not up to you to dictate what is "good" music and what is "bad" music. Likewise music is vibration & frequency. Essentially a form of pure energy, like anything else. It's not the energy that's "good" or "bad" it's how it's used, which is all relative to perspective anyways.

That being said, if you talk crap on Tool of them being "bad" or "devil music" or "negative" with out reading the lyrics, you are in fact speaking out of ignorance. Examples below:

exert from "Reflection" off of Lateralus:

So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.
Just let the light touch you

Wow, really "bad" huh?

Or how about this one?

"Right in Two" from "10,000 Days":

Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father* give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys
Where there's one you're bound to divide it right in two.

Omg! So bad! I guess if satirical comede of human behavior offends you then fine, someone's a bit too defensive I would say

Not to mention they work very closely with Alex Grey, one every "new age"er's favorite spiritual artists...Their guitarist Adam Jones is pretty good buddies with him from what I understand.

Now Danny, their drummer. I know he was into Aleister Crowley, UFO's, A51, Occult stuff, and definitely gets down on the sacred geometry.(if you check their archived newsletters, you can read about their various excursions to A51 as well as other "mystery" type places as well as occult book reviews and other babble) It's been reported that he has some masonic ties, but that's not necessarily good or bad immediately, like wise apparently when dealing with these guys(or any band for that matter); Don't believe anything that doesn't come straight from their mouths, and even then they're probably messing with you a bit.

I know much of their compositional inspiration comes from this man, Aloke Dutta who is Danny's friend/tabla teacher. I am also a student of Aloke's and he is a deeply deeply spiritual man with a commanding understanding of the universe through his art. The tabla samples you hear on Tool's recording and live are taken from Aloke's playing as well. For the fans, you might recognize him from the Live version of "Push it" off of their "Salival" album.

Tool usually ends their concerts with messages to the effect of "Take all of this energy and use it for something positive, create something..." etc This all resounding from their lead singer who purposely tends to stand off to the side(putting ego aside) or in the back as to not take emphasis away from the band/sound as a whole. Contrary to the industry standard with the staple "front man" icon that tends to try to elevate the singers above other musicians in a selfish egotistical kind of way.

And Justin (the bassist) is British... -shrugs-

If you're not into rock music, fine, but don't assume it's all "illuminati" inspired satanic ritual music. I'm sure not all of us get down on the new-age-tinkly music either who are very spiritual but hey, too each his/her own!

Oh and personally speaking of course, Tool was pivotal in my own awakening. So can they wake people up? Absolutely!

Last edited by Shakesbeer; 09-22-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Shakesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:46 AM   #58
TheInfamousOne

Hello everyone,

Interesting thread as I never listened to Tool. But I can say there were a couple of groups that seems to work with the "Awakening" process for me.

1. Nine Inch Nails
2. Rage Against The Machine.

If you listen to the last few LPs of NIN, Trent Reznor seems to drop a lot of obvious hints to his awakening. For instance his album "Year Zero" and another Recent one "The Slip" aka for his current tour called "Lights In The Sky".

I really don't know if music can do this, but it helps to know that others are feeling the same thing going on, as if you're being pulled or called upon.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:11 AM   #59
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

sweet both killer bands. Did you see RATM at the Republican National Convention? I guess Tom Morello from rage and Adam from Tool used to be in a band together in high school. They stopped playing together when Tom went off to college.
Shakesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 AM   #60
Quarian
Avalon Senior Member

I've been into Tool since before my teenagers were born. Yikes.

A few months ago, like some sort of awakened Cylon (lol) I kept hearing the song Aenima in my head over and over again. I'm not into lyrics very much and let's face it - it's not really Karaoke sing along stuff. but anyway, I looked up the lyrics to Aenima online and it is pretty timely and struck a chord.

"Learn to swim.
Cuz I'm praying for rain
And I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.
Time to bring it down again."

So, of course, now I have been listening to it on my walk and in the car. I have to tell you, every time I hear "Mom, please flush it all away" I get shivers. Mom = Mother Nature.

Loved it then, love it even more, now.
Quarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #61
clayman
Avalon Senior Member

The drummer in Tool was raised in a Freemason Family, if i remember correctly..
clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #62
bodzoyfa
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarian View Post

A few months ago, like some sort of awakened Cylon (lol) I kept hearing the song Aenima in my head over and over again. I'm not into lyrics very much and let's face it - it's not really Karaoke sing along stuff. but anyway, I looked up the lyrics to Aenima online and it is pretty timely and struck a chord.

"Learn to swim.
Cuz I'm praying for rain

So, of course, now I have been listening to it on my walk and in the car. I have to tell you, every time I hear "Mom, please flush it all away" I get shivers. Mom = Mother Nature.

Love this quote you have posted! The song totally changes its tone when Maynard says this, as it too gives me shivers when I hear it. Then the song gets harder and darker and speeds up to an explosive crescendo. Tool has meaning on so many different levels. Love this thread.
bodzoyfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #63
ranma187
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
The drummer in Tool was raised in a Freemason Family, if i remember correctly..

note the winged circle around the eye.
ranma187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:33 AM   #64
Skillet
Avalon Senior Member

I agree you can never get enough Tool. From the first time I listened to their music I was hooked. I agree their are so many messages that many times a song needs to be played several times before you are able to grasp the power of the message. I saw them twice in 2007, and will attend any future show in San Diego. I'm in my late forties and listen to at least a couple of Tool songs on a daily basis. ROCK ON!

Skillet
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 AM   #65
Bonnie
Avalon Senior Member

alex grey's artwork i find absolutely fascinating and inspirational, which speak to the heart, and are a beautiful match to tool's music. i have personally had experiences of altered conciousness which seem to be straight out of alex grey's paintings. in particular the onset of an OBE began with a feeling of rising up a "tunnel of eyes" much like in grey's "dying" painting from the progress of the soul works.

all the best my friends [/QUOTE]

It is interesting that you bring up these experiences because as I read through these posts I was wondering if anyone has had anything happen to them (e.g. out of body experiences or visions) as a result of listening to Tool or any other band/music that has been mentioned in this post. Although your experiences were (as I understood) triggered from paintings, I had very interesting occurrences happen to me as a result of listening to a CD titled, bocArus. As the bocArus website states (www.bocarus.com), "The bocArus CD is the result of a groundbreaking discovery that the high vibrations of love can be recorded and played back using ordinary sound equipment. With regular exposure (75 to 90 minutes per day) to the extremely high vibration of love on bocArus, it slowly but surely transmutes the suppressed, low vibrating, fear-based emotions and mental patterns in our mental and emotional bodies." Using sound equipment, the bocArus CD, basically, sounds like ocean waves hitting the shore. As a result of listening to this CD, I experienced my first OBE that I am consciously aware of, the presence of an energy on several occasions, my third eye opening and as a result having a few visions as well as people/souls coming through. These experiences would not happen while I was actually listening to the CD, but feel they came about because of hearing it. I do not THINK that these experiences were negative, but got scared because I never had such things happen to me. As mentioned before, has anyone had similar experiences as a result of listening to Tool or other bands/music?
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 PM   #66
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Good to see that this thread is back online... It was off for a week or so... Here is a link to a video another great band that totally woke me up about five years ago... They were the first group that I actually heard who was talking about other dementions and et's and things of that nature...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nFXs_vn7tjk
Old 10-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #67
thedarke
Avalon Senior Member

I just wanted to say, great thread everyone............thanks to all of you that have stood up for Tool and other bands like them. There are a lot of spiritual and metaphysical and new age people on this thread and there are some who would want to discredit music, ecspecially bands like Tool & NIN without even listening to the lyrics or the music. I have always found that these bands have actually calmed me down in my most stressful moments in life. Something about all the beats and sounds combining together, and the lyrics have unlocked many mysteries and have helped me to open my eyes and search deeper. Continue to listen and explore more everyone, we find our own truths when we least expect to.
thedarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:38 AM   #68
SoulSuspect

Thumbs down Re: The power of music to awaken us / Tool the band?

Tool was really cool when they first came out but each one of their new cds sound exactly the same, over and over again with the same sound and same song. Its sad really. Hopefully when awoken each day is not the same as the one before that and the one before that, if so , dont wake me up!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:09 AM   #69
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Awesome thread Orion. I've never been a big tool fan, but I am absolutely a music lover.
My tastes are, like many here, usually far from mainstream.
I suppose if I had to categorize my musical interests, most would fall under the jam band umbrella, which contrary to poular belief, is extremely varied, from electronica to bluegrass etc....

As far as interseting lyrics go, I've got a good example for you if you have some extra time on your hands.

String Cheese Incident from bonaroo 2007 (really sweaty). Checkout the 3rd track: "Rollover"

http://www.archive.org/details/sci2007-06-15.dpa4023

I think the lyrics are sometimes lost on some of the "altered" younger fans. (which I used to be once)
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #70
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
I have always listned to many different types of music. I have worked at an independent music store for most of my college years. One thing that always facinated me was the freedom that musical artists were allowed to have. I do not know what anybody here thinks of the band TOOL but their songs have really helped me validate my own feelings.
I agree. Tool is a great band.

But Neurosis from Oakland is even greater. Neurosis sounds like a mix between Black Sabbaths heavyness, Joy Divisions razorsharp attachment to reality and the psychadelic roots of Pink Floyd. Their songs are as much about spirit as of the Yuga in which we live our lives. Although their imagery and visual concept might seem a bit on the darker side, the concept of the band is more about confronting your worst fears, surviving them and growing to become a greater entity.

If you have a chance to see them live. Then please do so! Their live shows are amped by a powerful visual display that blends in with the band and creates an experience greater than anything you can imagine.

An excerp from their song "Stones from the sky":

"Once is enough, trial is alone. Grace fall into us.
All through the night, Father I crawled.
Sun of my soul be revealed. Walking amongst the stones
from the sky, feeling their rhythm wash over me.

Rite of this waring god. Destructive, alive, frees you now.
Rivers of fear, don't you know? Vigil of faith stills you now.
You've been shown over and over, don't you know?"

Neurosis online avatar
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #71
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

Right now I cant stop listening to Opiate.

I just love the lyrics

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me,
like me.

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me.
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My God's will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #72
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are Choosing to be here, right now. Hold on, stay inside...
This holy realityy, this holy experience.
Choosing to be here in...
This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion.

Alive!

In this holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in...
This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion...

Twirling round with this familiar parable.
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and, celebrate this
chance to be alive and breathing

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. we are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:48 PM   #73
aiwass322
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Morris View Post
Right now I cant stop listening to Opiate.

I just love the lyrics

Choices always were a problem for you.
What you need is someone strong to guide you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to use you...
like me,
like me.

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me.
Don't judge or question.
You are broken now,
but faith can heal you.
Just do everything I tell you to do.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My God's will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
What can I say? It is a great song!
aiwass322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #74
Orion Morris
Avalon Senior Member

I totally agree with you Quarian....
Aenima was the song that actually allowed me to start listening to them....
I really dont like heavy metal but Tool doesnt sound heavy any more...
They sound more like an emotion rather than a specific noise...

Parabola has been saving me lately...

especially the line where he says, "This body. This body holding me....
and then goes on the say, "We are eternal and all this pain is illusion....
They are like the musical version of Bill Hicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarian View Post

"Learn to swim.
Cuz I'm praying for rain

Old 12-04-2008, 02:38 AM   #75
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

check this out very cool old in search of about plants there is a part that shows rock music kills the plamts and clasical makes them grow better!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bA_hBO7hkc
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote