Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #26
jstgermain
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What will happen if I quit paying my credit cards?

I'd be interested in receiving this PDF file that you speak of...
jstgermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #27
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger
hmmm....i've often found,
when, i have been reluctant to reading things,
it is eXactly what it is, that, i need to read

remember, whatever it is, that floats the boat, can also sink it !!!

i was merely spending my energy,
to try to assist you, next time, i will utilise that energy
for something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciejones View Post
I did not mean to offend....I am just trying to clarify that I need practical answers...if the whole vibration thing you mentioned REALLY worked...no one on the planet would have financial problems.....see my dilemma? Vibrating does not keep a roof over my family's head...if it did, I would have vibrated my problems away eons ago. If you are upset that I disregard you answer...I apologize, but I am looking for brass tacks answers to the result of the action of just not paying the credit cards any longer...nothing else, nothing frilly. Please understand, I do not wish to offend. just trying to meet a goal here
I got to laugh. Im sure your a nice lady. but what's with all the rules. and when you don't get exactly what you want you bite. I have seen this a few times now. relax. breath. and welcome all. not just a few. and make the best decision based on all avail info. and always remember. one doesnt always need to be in controle.

Last edited by dagon; 03-04-2009 at 12:35 AM.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:43 AM   #28
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

There is a statute of limitations on unsecured debt. The time varies from 4 years to 6 years depending on the state you live in. As long as during that time you never admit to a debt collector that you have the debt, after the time has elapsed you can write the collection agencies with telling them to erase the debt from your record, then you also write the credit rating agencies telling them the same thing. If they try to call collecting the debt after the credit rating agencies have erased the debt from your credit report, you can tell them that it is passed the statute of limitations for collection and they will have nothing on you.

I got this information from the debt cures book that is sold on infomercials on television.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 AM   #29
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I owe $1200 on an old debt and all they do is constantly harass my parents (where I haven't lived for over 7 years!) about it. They do not send me many letters and I am still waiting for a new one as I have a hard time keeping track of things (yikes). I suppose I will stand firm and try to bargain it down to $300-$600 but if they will not work with me, then they will not see a penny.

That is how this debt came about in the first place. The company issuing the card would not work with me to pay it off and therefore, I stopped paying. I have not accumulated any more debt since (with the exception of schooling and medical bills).
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #30
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Hey franciejones, be very careful here and my advice is to not take anyones advice here!,including my own! 5 minutes ago I just had a cop knocking on my door looking for my old roommate, because he owes on a credit card, so be aware and seek concrete advice!!!!! I just sent you a long pm explaining everything!
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #31
oldpaganfreak
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Hey franciejones, be very careful here and my advice is to not take anyones advice here!,including my own! 5 minutes ago I just had a cop knocking on my door looking for my old roommate, because he owes on a credit card, so be aware and seek concrete advice!!!!! I just sent you a long pm explaining everything!
interesting stuff.
in post no. 7, in this thread, i offered ms. jones my experience, based on the last week in my credit history.
in her post (no. 19), she acknowledges everyone else and thanks them and never mentioned mine.

it's obvious that she wishes to be told that nothing will happen if she does not pay.

i offered mastercard 35 cents on the dollar and they accepted.
perhaps ms.jones should take good advice and talk to the company, or not, and face the consequences
oldpaganfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #32
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Dan thats an old trick that is used all the time by law enforcement.He is wanted for something else.I've seen this done a lot.I can talk to you all day about some of the tricks i've personally witness with police. They are probaly watching your house now, to see if he surfaces because of their visit.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #33
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 The Great Work View Post
Dan thats an old trick that is used all the time by law enforcement.He is wanted for something else.I've seen this done a lot.I can talk to you all day about some of the tricks i've personally witness with police. They are probaly watching your house now, to see if he surfaces because of their visit.
I think you are right. Police don`t get involved with collecting debt. Might serve a warrant for being sued for not paying someone, but I would be questioning their real purpose for being there.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote