Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 09-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #76
Carrie Todd
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Best preperation: Get out of "survivor mode"

I agree that preparation is important; therefore, I'll check out Historycirces's thread. I also believe that a sound mind and a peaceful heart are necessary in any avenue you take, as well as, however you approach whatever is coming. Peace be to you.
Carrie Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:41 AM   #77
giovonni
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Best preperation: Get out of "survivor mode"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
After watching this forum for 3 weeks, it has finally dawned upon me:

First of all, there are TWO Whatever's taking place; the one that is starting to happen now (economy, elections etc) and the one that is *supposed* to happen in the next 4 years.

Here is the difference; Whatever I is man-made, and for many people who have just woken up, very scary.

Whatever II is probably NOT going to be man-made (or if it is, it will not be readily identified as such by the public).

Now, here is the practical difference: there is little disparity between the messages of say, George Green vs. Michael StClair. George Green and his camp are concerned with Whatever I; Michael StClair and David Wilcock are concerned with Whatever II.

History has shown us that in times of (local natural) cataclysm, people for the most part trust each other and bond together very well to support each other in things like earthquakes, fires, famines, volcanoes, floods etc. History has also shown that when chaos ensues because of man-made factors, people lose all trust in each other and tend to treat each other as the enemy, even if they previously were good neighbors (think Christians and Muslims in the Balkans).

IMHO, Whatever I is very much an old-paradigm situation that for good or bad will require a lot of old-paradigm thinking and preparation. Whatever II will be very much a new-paradigm situation where old-paradigm thinking and behaving (reacting) will be medieval and backwards.

We need to utilize both methods of preparation. Those who are thinking of spiritual ideals and nothing else will be in for a rough ride when Whatever I starts to affect them... but people more prepared for Whatever I will also need to keep the final goal of 10 years from now in focus so they don't turn into negative and destructive "survivalists".

AND, let's dissect this idea of a survivalist... a survivalist is someone who just barely eeks through when tshtf (which is any situation that you don't like and don't have control over). Even if we are preparing for the physical aspects of "survival", that is not enough. We need to prepare to THRIVE. Let's not be survivors, let's be thrivers. We don't need to create our own problems in order to define ourselves.
A diamond in the rough, very logical and well put, giovonni
giovonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #78
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

Dear ALL,
I'm new here on the forum, but I'm following both PC and PA almost since the begining. I'm currently living in Germany, english and german are not my mother languages. So sorry for any "mistakes" in my writings

Just wanted to state my point of view on this thread:

Actually, both sides are right. Our free will must be respected as we turn our choice about beeing prepaired (for what???) or not (is this wise??).

But, for all of you who are still afraid of what is to come (I also do not know what, but I am looking forward to it ):

my inner feelings do not allow me to fear at all. I think, I'm just above this feeling since more then 2 years now. I feel and I am convinced that my "mission" here and now is not completed yet. I feel that I have SOO MUCH to do here, even if I still do not know what

But I know that, as usual, my guides, whoever "they" may be, will show me the right way. Since I learned to trust "them" and trust the inner voice that guides me in this times, I am more then ever convinced that nothing will happen of which we should be afraid. And if we ALL must "die", then well, this is also OK for me. Since I know that only our body can die, this is not so important any more.

So trust your self and do what YOUR inner voice tells you to do! Hear deep in your hearth about where this voayage is going to. Find the answers in your self, don't be afraid to look for it. No matter what the outcome will be!!!

Just don't let your ego to mislead you!!!
If after finding your answers you still feel it's OK to be afraid and you feel an urgent need to prepare, please do so!!

I certainly will not! What will come, should come!! And I feel this will be some Wonderful times!!! And you're all to step into the new!!!

Thanks to Karry and Bill for their "guidance" in this times!!
BR from Germany!!!

Last edited by Malletzky; 09-30-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #79
Jezzandor

Here are some good sites:

http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/RedLettersIntro.htm
(where to go to be safe before TSHTF)

http://www.underground-hip-hop-mixta...ail.aspx?ID=52
(how to prepare for food shortages)

http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/cgi-b...1;t=044387;p=1
(this guy lived through the economic meltdown in Argentina in '01, and has much practical, hard-earned knowledge)

http://hfes.org.au/
(these folks are all about raising vibrations to avert cataclysm, based on thousands of years-old teachings of Hermes Trismegistus, and their technology is based on blessed energies. It's hard to explain but works miraculously well.)

and of course:
http://www.whatthebleep.com/

Over the last six months I've been purging all my possessions, giving them to friends, to Freecyclye, to charity shops, keeping only the essentials. I feel so much lighter, and ready. I'm waiting for my house sale to go through, and then I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and make a new start - be the change I want to see! I've spent the last two weeks looking on the internet for guidance and support. With Mercury Retrograde it really feels like now is the time to firm up and get serious about these plans, and trust our intuition.

The future will be miraculous, but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!

Glad to know there are brothers and sisters out there.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #80
Oneness
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhorn View Post
I have been reported for speaking what needs to be said, survival is the only way. Do you really think that spirituality will save you...ha no way.

There are people like me that will own you, I will come to your house because you are weak and will take everything from you, In essense, I will own you.

Guns, training and the will to do whatever it takes will own you.

You cannot will me or others away, we will not stop until we have what you posses. If you are not prepared to fight, you will lose.

Do you think the government will let you do whatever you want, they will be first, they will round you up and make an example of you. They do not care about you, only themselves.

We are talking about the survival of all humans, dancing around a drum circle will not stop anything but your own life. Hide, evade and survive, that is the way to make it.

Surviving is directly proportionate to 3rd dimensional conciousness. I beleive it's called the egoistic mind. Energy stemming from that which is said to be the reptilian part of our brain.

...fast forward this clip to 2:10...and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNsosU0fXy0

Quoting Morpheous from the Matrix about dodging bullets. ......... "Neo....when you you're ready.........you won't have to."

If you ask me... If you change what you see in the mirror.... you change whats being reflected.

There is only One of us here.

And I think that's what we are all waking up to.

Namaste.
Oneness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #81
historycircus

Well, for those of us who plan on hanging out in third density for a while, and love it (if there is no lasagne in fouth density I will either commit fourth density suicide, or immediately begin meditation to move on the fifth), I'll feed the reptilian/egocentric part of my brain for as long as I can.

I don't live in the "Matrix," I live right here on planet earth. I like it here. I think I'll do everything I can to stay here for a while.

We'll miss all of you who move on the fourth density when your gone.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #82
sunnyrap
Avalon Senior Member

I've found that calmly taking steps to address perceived challenges the best way I can helps me stay out of fear--and 9 times out of 10, what I feel adequately prepared for never happens. I think there is something almost metaphysical in that...
sunnyrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #83
minimeister
Avalon Senior Member

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Have the folks on the "think happy thoughts" bandwagon stopped to think about how self righteous you come across? You're implying that anyone that takes the time to be prepared is a knuckle dragging throw back to the great evil time of humanity. Is this the so called universal love you supposedly endorse? Did it ever occur to you that some people in this world may have been born with a great enough spiritual awareness to know how useless and hokey your new age platitudes are in the great scheme of things? Are you going to eat your copy "How to be more self absorbed through Transcendental Meditation"? And I'm ranting here a bit yes because the purpose of this site is to help prepare places of assistance if things get bad and this Polly Anna attitude is dangerously deceptive. What true spiritual master has ever advocated such ignorance? None that I'm aware of.

When/If hard times come where would you rather be, dear reader, in a community with the "happy thoughts will stop bullets" types or with the "better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it" types? I mean come on!

If you don't like what I'm saying then this definitely applies to you. I don't like it when people that are trying to actually better their situation get lead astray. If you think what I'm saying is just to promote fear than you are incapable of recognizing what real help looks like. After having read this forum over the last few weeks it's apparent that a bucket of cold water is what the situation calls for so please believe me when I say this is coming from a sincere desire to help.

OP, I did read your take on this and I'm not lumping you into my generalizations, nor trying to single anyone out. Thanks for the interesting thread. And also thanks to the user that started the "For Survivors Eyes Only" thread in an attempt to keep the purpose of this site in focus. I'm all about thriving versus surviving but last time I checked surviving was the prerequisite.
minimeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #84
Malletzky
Avalon Senior Member

Well it's more then obvious that there are two different views of the whole situation about preparation for "what is to come".
As I already mentioned, it is ok for all of you, if you feel so, to take the neccesary steps and prepare...I DO NOT JUDGE!!
But why don't you, (all of you, who do feel the fear and prepare them self), why don't you just accept that there are some other here with different feelings about "what is to come"???

Not with different views or prophecies, but feelings!!!!
What I'm telling you is that WE ALL should try to find the balance between our earthly beeing and our spritualy beeing.

What makes you so sure there is nothing more then us, the people, being "here and now"? Don't you think there is something more then that?

Believe me, I do fear too. But remember to separate from:

being in fear FOR my life
being in fear ABOUT my life

When you'll learn and feel the difference here, you'll have no more fear about our "earthly being"!

According to the doom and gloom predictions, the parts of Germany where I live will dissapear!! All gone under watter!!

So what? Should I now get crazy and stopp living this only life of which I can remember because of this? Only to do some preparation, which will obviously not help much longer then 20-30 days? No!!

As someone said before, I also love lasagne and all our other "eartly" pleasures. I LOVE all that is on this earth and love all of you.

I'm just trying to show you that there may also be another points of view here! Not more and not less.
And I'm sure that all others who feel the same as I do, they are also only trying to help in their own way.

So don't judge over other who eventually feel something different that you do! We're all together here in this mess, so let's make the best of it and find our way together out of this!!! Even if this means "to prepare", for "what ever is to come"!!!

P.S. It's not only about the "think happy thoughts" and self righteousy here.
It's about us. I only wish you could all feel the same what I feel!!!

It's all about feelings!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Malletzky; 10-07-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Malletzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #85
Zira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
There is no better preperation than that. Survivor mode is based on fear. Fear about what "might happen", and fear about "the future". This fear will block your inner peace and clarity. It will block your ability to relax and actually percieve "what is going on". Security does not come from having a bunker under your house etc. It comes from trust. Trust that you are were you are supposed to be and that you and all your loved ones will die when their time is up. No sooner and no later. You cannot escape death when your time is up no matter what. Existance knows what it's doing In fact, it is the only one who really knows...the rest of us must learn to trust it and enjoy the ride!

The name of the game is not "survival" as Socrates mentions in his famous Apology. It is doing what FEELS right and avoid doing what FEELS wrong. If you do not feel a strong inner urge to relocate you can trust that you are were you are supposed to be. Trust in Existance and not in all sorts of "outside sources" and "dire predictions".
Utter nonsense.I have intellect and use it accordingly.When I'm hunbgry I eat,and it has nothing to do with fear,but rather sustenance.When I prepare for hard times it is based on knowledge of current trends,not fear of what might transpire.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #86
dbdowlin
Avalon Senior Member

Hi, I'd like to ad my thoughts to the general forum "all"

If one is focused upon survival, then such a focus determines their experience of reality. It is not to say that an experience of reality is the focus of survival because if one views reality as what one must survive, then reality is against one. Survival is a struggle against reality (nature). Survival does not count the fact that life works with life to meet all of one’s needs. The universe will provide. The universe meets our needs, and when our needs are met (when we meet our own needs, for we are the universe), then we can focus on other things such as exploration and personal growth. We could develop a philosophy of life which allows us to live in harmony with each other and nature (ways of Love) instead of within conflict against each other and nature (ways of fear). When one must survive, then one lives from paycheck to paycheck, foraging for food every day, never THRIVING, never saving, never evolving, always stagnant in one’s needs to maintain one’s life, never growing beyond one’s most basic needs – never building hyperdrive engines or free energy (which makes the reality of SURVIVAL a moot point). The universe provides. It takes action. If a check comes in the mail, you still have to check the mail and cash the check. Abundance is more real than survival.

Now, when a mother teaches and has Love for her child, the question is: does Love help a child to survive, or free a child from having to survive – allowing a child to grow free from struggle, so that struggle is not an inner manifestation of reality; and instead a perpetuation of growth becomes the reality of a child taught to Love, with Love. Survival and Love are different. Fear is survival. If one must survive, then one lives in fear, and does not know the universe provides and that there is always more than enough to go around; there is no limit of resources which will manifest from the infinite sea of the spring of life. If one lives in/with/as Love, the universe provides, and effortlessly does one grow to blossom. Do not fear change. As a child grows into an adult, there is a change.

You create your reality, in the most remarkable of ways. The frequency at which you resonate can either be one of Love or fear. Both have their own unique experiences of reality. Love and fear is a paradox. They cannot co-exist in the same frame of reality.

That essentially is what the Shift, and the AScension is about.

There are a number of parallel realities intermerged on Earth. Like on a radio dial, tuning into the higher frequencies of love, tunes you into those realities.

When you look at the troubled aspects of reality, remember that you are actually looking into another person's universe -- not neccessarily your own.

Make YOUR choice, as how reality will be. And you will find yourself there.

It has always been the case, and it always will be.

Your thoughts and vibration manifest reality around you.

I'd love to go into the details of creation mechanics, but that's not the point of this reply. I just wanted to add my vibration not to what we must survive, but to the changes out of the lower chakra energies of survival, and into the higher chakra energies of abundance.

and please, don't fall for the tactics of the fear mongers especially at this time.

with unconditional Love and support

-- Drew
dbdowlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #87
Fun 4U Leader
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdowlin View Post
Hi, I'd like to ad my thoughts to the general forum "all"

If one is focused upon survival, then such a focus determines their experience of reality. It is not to say that an experience of reality is the focus of survival because if one views reality as what one must survive, then reality is against one. Survival is a struggle against reality (nature). Survival does not count the fact that life works with life to meet all of one’s needs. The universe will provide. The universe meets our needs, and when our needs are met (when we meet our own needs, for we are the universe), then we can focus on other things such as exploration and personal growth. We could develop a philosophy of life which allows us to live in harmony with each other and nature (ways of Love) instead of within conflict against each other and nature (ways of fear). When one must survive, then one lives from paycheck to paycheck, foraging for food every day, never THRIVING, never saving, never evolving, always stagnant in one’s needs to maintain one’s life, never growing beyond one’s most basic needs – never building hyperdrive engines or free energy (which makes the reality of SURVIVAL a moot point). The universe provides. It takes action. If a check comes in the mail, you still have to check the mail and cash the check. Abundance is more real than survival.

Now, when a mother teaches and has Love for her child, the question is: does Love help a child to survive, or free a child from having to survive – allowing a child to grow free from struggle, so that struggle is not an inner manifestation of reality; and instead a perpetuation of growth becomes the reality of a child taught to Love, with Love. Survival and Love are different. Fear is survival. If one must survive, then one lives in fear, and does not know the universe provides and that there is always more than enough to go around; there is no limit of resources which will manifest from the infinite sea of the spring of life. If one lives in/with/as Love, the universe provides, and effortlessly does one grow to blossom. Do not fear change. As a child grows into an adult, there is a change.

You create your reality, in the most remarkable of ways. The frequency at which you resonate can either be one of Love or fear. Both have their own unique experiences of reality. Love and fear is a paradox. They cannot co-exist in the same frame of reality.

That essentially is what the Shift, and the AScension is about.

There are a number of parallel realities intermerged on Earth. Like on a radio dial, tuning into the higher frequencies of love, tunes you into those realities.

When you look at the troubled aspects of reality, remember that you are actually looking into another person's universe -- not neccessarily your own.

Make YOUR choice, as how reality will be. And you will find yourself there.

It has always been the case, and it always will be.

Your thoughts and vibration manifest reality around you.

I'd love to go into the details of creation mechanics, but that's not the point of this reply. I just wanted to add my vibration not to what we must survive, but to the changes out of the lower chakra energies of survival, and into the higher chakra energies of abundance.

and please, don't fall for the tactics of the fear mongers especially at this time.

with unconditional Love and support

-- Drew
Drew, what a wonderful concept, “Your love replaces all your need for fear!” I like that. I believe that is essentially what you, and others, are saying here, and I agree 100% or at least I thought I did. However, the “words” being used on both sides seem to keep circular thoughts going in people’s minds. Let me try to clarify up to a point, at least for myself, if not for the others. You will need to clarify from that point on.

Firstly, to simplify the definition, I submit to you that fear is, in effect, a person’s awareness of danger to themselves or someone else, whether that danger is real or imagined. That awareness can be in the form of a clear and present danger or can be in the form of a future and probable danger.

I’ll say it again, if a danger is perceived, then awareness occurs. This awareness occurs regardless if that danger, or possible danger, exists or not. Are you not aware of danger ever? If so, then you experience, fear. NOW comes the choices, agreed?

A thoughtful response, by some, I’ll call them group A, to this awareness is, “Love Conquers all Fear!” and the concern for the danger is dismissed and love abounds unabated. The reality of that person is not changed by the awareness of possible danger.

When the time comes for real time action, (and this is where I am adding my own understanding, if you can agree) these same group A persons act not out of fear, but act and believe this to be a lesson or experience in love and negotiate the detour or whatever action is needed, by applying love, at the moment, in the now. All physical items that will be needed will be provided when the time for action is required. This, in my view, fits one aspect of the term fearlessness. Depending on ones perspective, this fearlessness can be said to be either courageous or foolhardy. (Am I correct to this point?)

What others, I’ll call them group B, agree to be the normal first reaction to the awareness of danger, is concern. This concern manifests itself in thoughts and then possible actions. These actions may be warnings, preparations, or whatever. However, the point being made is that they hold onto the concern, in their mind, and thus hold also onto the fear that is manifested. Then, it can be said that these people’s fears become real to them, and for them, fear exists and they are said to be in fear.

I see that, for group B, there are three possible reactions to the awareness of danger, and fear? Two are the normal responses, fight the danger, or flight (turn and move away to avoid the danger). The third is paralysis, in which the person freezes and does not or cannot move in any direction.

The fight response can be immediate and result in attacking headlong straight into the danger in order to destroy it or repel it, irrespective of size, numbers, abilities, or technologies involved. The danger will be removed at all cost to oneself. This, in my view, fits a second aspect of the term fearlessness. This behavior can also be said to be courageous or foolhardy, depending on perspective.

The paradox?!

For the love conscious ones to disdain self-professed survivors because survivor mode is an irrelevant state of being, it reeks of high mindedness and elitism. This is an offense from the onset.

For you to say, in effect, that tuning yourself in to love (frequencies) tunes you out of fear (frequencies) so that fear, and the awareness of danger, no longer exists in your reality, stretches the definition of fear and also stretches the definition of danger.

Now, here is where it gets sticky for me (no offence to Sticky :>). What I hear you saying is that, in love, there is no awareness of, no acknowledgment of, and no reaction to fear. In essence, fear does not exist in the presence of your love consciousness frequencies. I submit that for you, or anyone to say that, in love, fear does not exist, is also saying that, in love, danger does not exist. Is that truly what you are agreeing to by your words? Does love conquer and remove all danger from existence in your reality? Before you answer, “Warning, I sense thin ice under that one.” There could be danger in proclaiming that danger does not exist, if your get my meaning.

Wait, back up the truck here. This reminds me of the saying that “Ignorance is Bliss!” For you to experience the “Bliss” of love, you must “ignore” danger? Whoa! One of us is off the tracks here. What I hear you to mean does not compute on any level; not by faith, not by consciousness, nor by experience. This seems to be the crux of the matter and you will need to expand on this for me, please. For in truth, I am not yet convinced.

Lastly, I have avoided the use of the “survivor” word before now, because it is thrown around in so many conflicting usages. “Survivor,” is a noun, a person who has survived until now, and that includes all of us. “Survivor mode,” is a state of being.

Note, there are many negative experiences in this existence that one can suffer prior to death. Survivors in survivor mode will undoubtedly sacrifice themselves to the point of death. They do this in order that “other loved ones” will continue to survive above mere existence.

Survivors remain concerned and prepared as best as they can, to diminish the lasting effects of war, hunger, thirst, uncertainty, fear (terror), fatigue, boredom, chaos, casualties, death, destruction, and despicable filth, especially during those desperate times when the situation has deteriorated beyond all expectations, probably won’t get any better, and could easily get worse!

That ultimate sacrifice, that last desperate act of love, does not seem to fit as a viable option in your love consciousness activates, thereby making them seem selfish and undesirable to us love challenged survivors. You do not appear to be in service to others, only yourself. You have failed to consider or to reconcile this point, since from your view, it does not exist. That is easy for you, but not for me.

“Don’t fear the change,” you say. In your love consciousness, how bad do you expect the change to be and, how far do you say that it can go? Beginning in 1876, poor judgment by Chairman Mao resulted in a famine whereby 9.5 – 13 MILLION Chinese people starved to death in just three years. By thought alone, does your love consciousness change (avoid) future events such as this, or does it just remove YOU out of the possible scenario? Oh, right! That would be someone else’s reality, not yours. Are you sure? I can agree with, “Live and love in the now, and do not fear the future!” But, there is more that I am missing.

So, if the universe provides, when do I stop holding out my hand, knowing that it is not really empty, yet expecting it to be filled, and DO SOMETHING? What do I do today, that relieves me of any concern for tomorrow? It seems like it would be a hard thing, but you make it sound way to easy. It seems like you are saying that, “With fear, you cannot get there from here. But, with love, you are already there.” Is it really as simple as making a choice, now, and holding that choice for as long as there is a now?

So, with all that said, where do I learn more about the higher chakra energies of abundance?

Peace and love,
Fun 4U Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:34 PM   #88
Wolfladyk
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom.Man View Post
that's a blanket statement. Many are in some level of survival mode because they choose to be prepared, not because they fear the future. I look forward to it regardless of what it may hold because it's an adventure, a challenge.

sounds like something Rice or Chertoff might say -- advice which i'd rather not subscribe to. Change doesn't come by doing nothing.

if someone is going to hit me in the head with a hammer, i'll take evasive action and not get hit rather than accepting my "destiny" and bleed.
I agree! If the NWO is going to take out 90% of the population one way or the other, then how can doing nothing be a realistic option? I also agree that fear itself is a huge enemy, but i would have rather tried and died then die knowing I SHOULD have done something, but did nothing instead.

Hugs to all!
Wolf
Wolfladyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:40 AM   #89
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Balance in all things. If one makes the change/preparation to live according to the New Paradigm for planet Earth and Hu-manity, one needs to listen to the intelligence of the Heart. It is not stagnancy, it is Wisdom. This Wisdom will instruct you what to do, when to do.

Here is a small real example that happened in Asia: http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=3413

Sanat, I understand your post and you surely do not mean not to prepare. Thank you for this marvelous post.

Namaste, Steven

Last edited by Steven; 10-26-2008 at 10:48 AM.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:40 AM   #90
martina
Avalon Senior Member

I think this is the quintessence of our existence.
I live in Amsterdam, below sealevel, but I will not move, before I have no fear at all, and even than, I don't know, if I go.
We must be prepared to give up our lifes to be alive.
Now Mankind has to make a choice : being a slave or being free.
This is what it is all about.
martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #91
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
...Feeling is a very very underdeveloped faculty in human beings.
Thinking is very very OVERdeveloped in human beings.

This imbalance causes all this fear.

Developing the ability to feel really well is what this shift is all about.
Developing the heart.

Zjenny
Wise words Jenny, I totally agree.

Intellect over working is causing all this noise inside of most people. Add to it a deep but steady feeling of calming down and listening the inside calling and we get what we call "Stress". As long as one do not calm down his mind and master his thoughts, it will be hard to listen the voice that dwells in one's Heart.

Of course, it is non-sens for one who is far away form his Heart and use exclusively his brain.

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #92
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

Feeling is a very very underdeveloped faculty in human beings.
Thinking is very very OVERdeveloped in human beings.
Talk about different perspectives on things...I'd say just the opposite. People seem to me to be all about how they "feel" about things. There are exceptions, but much of the time this is unproductive, shallow and selfish.

For the most part it looks to me like thinking is a lost art. Thinking involves logic (another lost art), analysis, connecting dots in new ways. It takes effort. I just don't see much of it.

Last edited by whitecrow; 10-28-2008 at 06:15 AM.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:23 AM   #93
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
There is no better preperation than that. Survivor mode is based on fear. Fear about what "might happen", and fear about "the future". This fear will block your inner peace and clarity. It will block your ability to relax and actually percieve "what is going on". Security does not come from having a bunker under your house...
This is a GREAT expression of grounded hope! I truly agree with all you said. All the same, as someone else said...

Quote:
On the other hand, I also don't intend to be a sitting duck either.
I know that I will never again keep money in the bank, keep less than a few weeks' food and water stored, or give up my network and my friends in the gulch. In this way, the events of the last few years have changed me and my approach to life.

At the same time, this is something I really have always foreseen. And I have lived my life for this time. I know I am where I should be at this time, and I am doing what I should be doing. In this way I have found great serenity and peace, which nothing can disturb.

When my belly was full my spirit was poor. Now that my belly has drawn in, my cup runneth over. Go figure.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #94
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Glad to see this thread is alive and kicking!

Our world has been based upon fear for so long that we have forgotten other ways. We are here now to remember what was forgotton long ago. So many lives lived and still we fear death? We sign up for a destiny and then we try our best to escape it? Hehe. Very strange indeed. It's a wonderful world is it not. All is possible at all times for all eternity.

The greeks knew about destiny. Oedipus Rex trying his best to escape from the prophecy about him ("You shall kill your father and marry your mother"), and this "trying to escape" is exactly what fulfills that destiny. They knew about irony there in the ancient greece. There is a sense of humor to it all.

I will quote from the Manual about fear:

Quote:
We have noticed that you pretend to value truth on this planet. Some spend a lifetime seeking it. Your legal systems demand it, and you can be sued if your business doesn’t practice it. Your philosophers define it, your scientists measure it, your religions exalt it, and you all fight over it. Meanwhile, all you are doing is paying global lip service to it. There is an excellent reason for all this: You have no idea what truth really is.

How the obvious has escaped you is a tedious story. The abridged version of it amounts to this: You embraced fear. After that unholy act, it has been downhill ever since. Fear is the first lie, the lie that tells you that you are separated from the whole. Once it has been embraced, you are incapable of ever telling the truth under any circumstances without blowing the game.

Truth, by its nature, is the light. Fear cannot, by its nature, be in the light without dying. It becomes a simple matter of self interest. Fear has owned this planet, its people, and their systems for a long time. It does not wish to give up the property it has acquired because it is a parasitic life form that cannot live separated from your life forces.

The truth is, you are the truth. It is not external to you, as you have been led to believe. For that reason, it is ludicrous to set out on a spiritual journey in search of it. It is likewise ridiculous to punish those who do not practice it when almost nobody on this planet does. As for philosophizing over it, how can you when you wouldn’t recognize it if it ran you over in the street? Meanwhile, measuring it is done in your attempt to dominate it, leading you further into the lie that it lives outside of you like an enemy that must be controlled. To exalt it is also to see it as separate. And fighting over it is so absurd as to not deserve our comment at all.

The totality of your clinically insane behavior surrounding truth has been cleverly manipulated by fear in its attempt to keep your eyes off the truth. In this manner, fear was able to continue uninterrupted and undetected in its process of eating you alive. But don’t worry—there is a cure. All you need do is awaken to the fact that you are the truth. As the light comes on, the parasite will die, leaving you joyously able to reclaim command.
In the Light of Love and Gratitude for this opportunity to evolve out of Fear,

Sanat

Last edited by Sanat; 12-05-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:37 PM   #95
Bubbls
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks Sanat, I have been living in survivor mode for the past few months and that's put a positive angle on everything that has been worrying me.
Bubbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:14 AM   #96
Sanat
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbls View Post
Thanks Sanat, I have been living in survivor mode for the past few months and that's put a positive angle on everything that has been worrying me.
That is great to hear my friend! It means that you are growing stronger in Spirit. Fear does not stand a chance...

Love/Light,

Sanat
Sanat is offline   Reply With Quote