Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Preparations / Advice

Notices

Old 11-27-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
Sol Invictus
Banned

Default Hide your food! UK survivalists heads up - HIDE YOUR FOOD.

CIVIL CONTINGENCIES ACT

Quote:

confiscation or destruction of property without compensation.

Scope of emergency regulations

(1)
Emergency regulations may make any provision which the person making the
regulations thinks is for the purpose of preventing, controlling or mitigating an
aspect or effect of the emergency in respect of which the regulations are made.
(2)
In particular, emergency regulations may make any provision which the
person making the regulations thinks is for the purpose of—

(d)
protecting or restoring a supply of money, food, water, energy or fuel

http://www.publications.parliament.u...2-18.html#j119

I have heard from sources that have been trust worthy in the past that there is rumblings afoot to include 'food hoarding' and 'stored food stuffs' into this act and its being 'discussed' at the moment at a low level. It is NOT concrete as yet and I await another source and a government Pdf, BUT and its a big but, it already goes on in this bill to state..

Quote:
(b) provide for or enable the requisition or confiscation of property (with
or without compensation);[i.e. everything you or your business owns could be confiscated without compensation]

(c) provide for or enable the destruction of property, animal life or plant
life (with or without compensation);[i.e. everything you or your business owns could be destroyed without compensation]

(d) prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, movement to or from a specified
place;
In short, they will be able to take what they want, how they want when they want, and yes I do believe that this rumbling rumour is true, and that if food stuffs start getting scarce, hoarders and the like will get targetted.

HIDE YOUR FOOD PEOPLE.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:30 AM   #2
Alexandra

Default Re: Hide your food! UK survivalists heads up - HIDE YOUR FOOD.

This is true under Martial Law in this country and I believe I read it somewhere in the patriot act as well. The officials are allowed to take over businesses and properties for their own use without recourse. All in the name of national security. Don't quote me on the patriot act. I am
not sure exactly where I read it because it seemed normal to me as a procedure during any crisis where regular laws and rules are null and void.
This is why I believe it is much smarter to be mobile instead of hunkering down. This way you are prepared to mobilize in an instant.

Alexandra
Old 11-27-2008, 04:19 AM   #3
Sol Invictus
Banned

I am familiar with the US law Alex.

It is illegal to store more than a weeks worth of food in the state of hawaii ! I couldn't believe it when i read that - an island not allowing people to stock up in times of plenty... thats madness.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 AM   #4
Alexandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
I am familiar with the US law Alex.

It is illegal to store more than a weeks worth of food in the state of hawaii ! I couldn't believe it when i read that - an island not allowing people to stock up in times of plenty... thats madness.

Really? I wasn't aware of that ruling. That is plain nuts. What if you had a sunami that cut you off from imports for a couple of weeks? It is my understanding that the majority of food comes from off island sources. Is that correct? My husband's cousin and his wife live on the big island.
I guess your best bet would be to have a garden and maybe a private jet to get off the island.

Alexandra
Old 11-27-2008, 05:28 AM   #5
Sol Invictus
Banned

I learnt that on holiday a meeting some folks from mainland there. It was an eye opener to say the least.

I'll email greg my friend and ask him about it and see if he has any internet links I can paste up.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #6
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Sick Sick Sick

I hope people have it hidden good

God be with them all
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:51 AM   #7
Bobcat
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks for the post Sol,

Crazy rules are made for a good reason and this good reason is very bad for us eh !!

I have land and I own a mobile catering unit so i'll be gone in a flash.

I just prey it never comes to that. Thing is, I don't think we can avoid it? Woolworths and MFI have gone to administration. woolies has 25'000 jobs !!!

I feel, that we on the ground floor in the uk are in a bubble.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
Sol Invictus
Banned

yep I got a second opinion about the food, and yes at the minute its very #low key# because 'they' don't want people to think its going to get that bad that we have to start storing food.

It'll be early 2009 this will be announced I am told in Feb/March time span.

That ties in so nastily with another bit of news i got that i am going to say that I feel 2009 is not going to be nice; at all.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
Ammit
Avalon Senior Member

Must have been bad news if you dont want to publish it.....
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
alyscat
Avalon Senior Member

I'm wondering if they're thinking of people who, the minute a disaster hits, run into the stores and buy humongous amounts, leaving very little for their fellow man. That is what I would consider a hoarder.

someone who has been buying a couple of extra cans of veges at the store over years and built up a supply, that I don't consider a hoarder (and also, it would be hard to prove they'd done it).

regardless, if times get as bad as sol intimates, you probably would want to have some way of protecting all your property, whether by hiding or other means.

alys
alyscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
Sol Invictus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyscat View Post
I'm wondering if they're thinking of people who, the minute a disaster hits, run into the stores and buy humongous amounts, leaving very little for their fellow man. That is what I would consider a hoarder.

someone who has been buying a couple of extra cans of veges at the store over years and built up a supply, that I don't consider a hoarder (and also, it would be hard to prove they'd done it).

regardless, if times get as bad as sol intimates, you probably would want to have some way of protecting all your property, whether by hiding or other means.

alys
I agree 100% with the hoarder definition; I can see this problem becoming very common as people see the writing on the wall, and I do agree that panic hoaring is a bad thing. Preperation is good, panic buying and clearing shelves is a bad.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
She-Ra
Avalon Senior Member

It might be a little difficult for them if they are planning to implement this and claim to be 'reasonable' right after Xmas and the New Year since many people tend to buy lots of groceries at this time of year. However, I wouldn't be surprised, since when have they been reasonable and since they can plan events to scare and manipulate the way they want... Also Feb/March would be 'enough' time after the festivities to claim that the Xmas shopping would be finished.

Alyscat - I agree that the panic shoppers would be an easiest to identify and perhaps thhose who buy with credit/debit cards?
She-Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #13
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post

That ties in so nastily with another bit of news i got that i am going to say that I feel 2009 is not going to be nice; at all.
Your not allowed to say something like that and not tell us what you've heard
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #14
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

i begin my preparations this weekend
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:44 AM   #15
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Good luck on trying to enforce this.

Yet another one of the PTB's not-so brilliant schemes to control the people. When faced with dire times, their hare-brained schemes will fall like a game of 52 pickup.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:50 AM   #16
davefla73
Avalon Senior Member

"they" better take the guns first if they know whats good for them, get my drift?
davefla73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #17
Swanny
I dont need a label !

Would be a massive undertaking to take everyone's food, they would need a chain of lorries, people to enter your house and physically take the food, soldiers to guard the people and the lorries.
People would fight to the death to protect their food, they would be moving it about street by street to keep hold of it. Just to do one street would be a nightmare let alone a whole town. I can't see it happening.
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote