Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you leaving after the Forum becomes a Paid Subscription?
I am leaving if Avalon is a Paid Subscription. 266 75.78%
I am not leaving. 85 24.22%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #176
Shellie
Banned

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

It seems people are confused about the nature of non-profit and for-profit. PA and PC cost money to run. The mods aren't making any money and I doubt Bill and Kerry and setting anything aside for retirement. Anyway, check out the cost of gas, hotels and plane tickets back and forth between Arizona and Vegas and Australia and Russia and the rest of Europe, and you'll get an idea of what kind of money it takes to bring us the videos they let us see.

I am only sad I am stretched so thin. Otherwise I would gladly give a handsome chunk each month.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #177
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore View Post
"Alpha Strategy: 1. the first plan for an individual to protect his wealth. 2. the best plan for protecting the basic savings of any individual during times of monetary turmoil."

THIS is what you're preaching on this forums about, in defense to no one wanting to pay your fee?!

first of all, we're all in a time of monetary turmoil right now. period.

secondly, are we not trying to rid ourselves and the earth of monetary and material baggage? that's not being the change you want to see.

thirdly, i myself am very surpised to have seen an avalon researcher like you act like this. you're supposed to be what the groundcrew looks up to in their time of need. instead you're asking for money for the work you VOLUNTARILY started in the first place.

You are welcome
(ethics 101)
Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #178
herbivore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggywrinkle View Post
You are welcome
(ethics 101)
i'm keeping this very light here, but don't take it lightly: i don't approve of you.

i imagine my peers could sympathize with me.
herbivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #179
Baggywrinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivore View Post
i'm keeping this very light here, but don't take it lightly: i don't approve of you.

i imagine my peers could sympathize with me.
Now now, don't get your knickers in a twist.

I like you just fine. Even if you are wrong on this one.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #180
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription? (LMAO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Approx $5/month is all this forum is costing to run. Bill told me that himself.
Peddling fear is a BIG money business it seems.
Simon,

Former mod simon?

You sound the same.

If you are the former mod, then welcome back. And I have a few questions for you.

Do you mind if I pm you?
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:39 AM   #181
David
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription? (LMAO)

The cost to run a forum is no big secret.

Most people here have full time jobs so they can buy food and put a roof over their head. Project Camelot is a full time job in it's self and unless your incredibly rich, your going to need funding at some point or it ends.

my $.02 worth
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #182
Suriel

Wink Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

Thanks for your participation in this poll. Your comments and results of the poll will be taken in consideration by the mod team and the admin.

Peace,
Kevin
Old 11-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #183
John aka#404
Avalon Senior Member

Default ** RESPONSE FROM BILL and KERRY **

The following is a response from Bill and Kerry:

We've read all responses with genuine interest and will respond fully - but no time now as we are at the Crash Retrieval Conference.

We understand all the points of view and respect them fully. We're not at all decided how best to proceed. The problem we're trying to solve is basically how to fund Camelot... Avalon costs almost nothing to host. Advertising never, donations yes, merchandising maybe (good idea), maybe some clever way of offering a subscription without locking people out.

Suggestions are all welcome. The problem (basically) is that we are running out of money and we have to find some way of keeping afloat. Lots of people do not realize that we sell nothing, have no independent financial support, and have gone way out on very thin ice in order to do our work, all of which has been made available for free.

Camelot will always remain free - because no-one can own this important information, that belongs to all of humanity. That is our firm position re Camel
ot and will never change.

We will respond in full within a few days. Respect and thanks to everyone for all opinions, viewpoints and ideas.

- Bill and Kerry
--------------------

*as the messenger, I trust everybody understands I will be unable to answer any questions on the above.
Take care and thank you all for your suggestions on this matter.
John aka#404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #184
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: ** RESPONSE FROM BILL and KERRY **

i think a small fee for running costs is relevant to ghe situation if we can pay it.. i mean people forget this work will be under intense scrutiny and atack soon.. so what are tey to do.. if it comes to it id rather see avalon go down than loose camelot.. the videos are more important than this forum imo.. if it goes it has served its major purpose of getting ground crews together.. most of the important info has laready been passed between people.. CAMELOT must continue..!!!!! 90% of avalon is just a talking shop for theorys and spirituality.

avalon should be about what news is coming and how we can help each other with it.. the site started of as hardcore spiritual and physical survival based knowedge and has now watered down.. maybe its because nothing major has happened yet.. if for one will pay my years subscription!! keep it running until the end of the internet
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #185
Vanlom
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: Will you leave if the forum is a Paid Subscription?

what if the cost of the subscription was ridiculously low like 1 month for $.50? charged annually for a grand total of what you paid for breakfast. $6 x 3k active members, is that enough?!

Last edited by Vanlom; 11-07-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Vanlom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #186
Simon
Avalon Senior Member

So am i to understand that subscriptions paid to Avalon, for Avalon, will be used to pay for Camelot research? If this is the case, then it is apparent that the donations made to Camelot are all of a sudden insufficient? If members are paying for a subscription to Avalon, then Avalon is where the money should be spent.
This also brings me to a question about how the money would be spent at Avalon. After the small hosting fee is paid, what will happen to the remainder of the funds?
A further question regarding information posted at Avalon - Who owns this info once it has been posted? According to Bill, the original poster no longer owns the information once posted, so who does? Surely the official owner of the info posted by members, is the only person who can charge people to view this info.

I would also like to know who has been deleting my posts, and why? I have had no explanation as yet, and to the best of my knowledge, i have only posted truthful facts.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 PM   #187
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Hi Simon,

we are discussing all these questions in the mod area.
Bill and Kerry engage with all these questions there and in this thread.

No decisions taken as of yet.

I don't know who is deleting your posts. I honestly don't.

But is is not nice what you are doing.
I am sorry to see you do this.

Hug,
Jenny

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #188
Simon
Avalon Senior Member

And what is it i am doing exactly Jenny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Hi Simon,

Hug,
Jenny
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 PM   #189
historycircus

I just had an opportunity to read Bill and Kerry's response, and reread some of the solution posts.

I know they said "advertising, never," but I think that there is a responsible way to go about that. Consider survival products, green housing - heck, anything green can be advertised in good conscious (and could net big-time companies - not all companies are part of the problem), etc. You could consider social movement sources - ads from Greenpeace, or other socially concious groups. To a certain extent, the old phrase "buyer beware" is legit - it is the consumer's responsibility to do their homework.

Just some thoughts, and hope it helps.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:43 PM   #190
OrganicFarmhand

I would be forced to leave. I have been somewhat off the grid for a while, other than electricity and internet (no gas all electric heat and I use mostly purified rain water for drinking, cooking and gardening) I have no credit card or bank account to forward any type of funds I would have to pay in person!
Old 11-08-2008, 01:51 AM   #191
raegpoort
Banned

How about someone take a "Hit for the team" and get a sugar DADDY!!!

That's a great way to fund the cause....
raegpoort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #192
voltron
Avalon Senior Member

It is a matter of how much? I subscribe to Coast to Coast AM. I think it is something like $5.95 per month. I also subscribe to Rense.com for about the same amount. In the past I have also subscribed to Whitley Strieber's unknowncountry.com I objected at first because I wanted everything ot be free. But later I missed the archieves. I would gladly pay $5.00 per month to listen to the Project Camelot archieves.
voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #193
Baggywrinkle

Default The ground crew, an idea, how far could it go?

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

If you have found value at Avalon you are indebted and it
is your obligation to repay the debt in a fair energy exchange with money, knowledge or labor.

How might this energy exchange be utilized to benefit not
only Avalon, but the ground crew and the rest of the world?

Pay it forward.

PAY IT FORWARD - ASSIGNMENT TO SAVE THE WORLD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGcwG-2owow

Pay it forward the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwHcS-XoYbc

Just Pay It Forward the power of three
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59677552968819

Last edited by Baggywrinkle; 11-08-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 AM   #194
historycircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
It is a matter of how much? I subscribe to Coast to Coast AM. I think it is something like $5.95 per month. I also subscribe to Rense.com for about the same amount. In the past I have also subscribed to Whitley Strieber's unknowncountry.com I objected at first because I wanted everything ot be free. But later I missed the archieves. I would gladly pay $5.00 per month to listen to the Project Camelot archieves.
Yeah, I miss my streamlink. I couldn't afford it anymore. For real, it sounds lame, but I budget down to the penny sometimes - If I want to listen to coast to coast, I have to stay up late and listen to it.

Wait a minute, its on right now in my time zone - I can listen for free . . .
Old 11-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #195
Gale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
So am i to understand that subscriptions paid to Avalon, for Avalon, will be used to pay for Camelot research? If this is the case, then it is apparent that the donations made to Camelot are all of a sudden insufficient? If members are paying for a subscription to Avalon, then Avalon is where the money should be spent.
This also brings me to a question about how the money would be spent at Avalon. After the small hosting fee is paid, what will happen to the remainder of the funds?
A further question regarding information posted at Avalon - Who owns this info once it has been posted? According to Bill, the original poster no longer owns the information once posted, so who does? Surely the official owner of the info posted by members, is the only person who can charge people to view this info.

I would also like to know who has been deleting my posts, and why? I have had no explanation as yet, and to the best of my knowledge, i have only posted truthful facts.
Simon, you are not going to get your questions answered.
This project is no longer about truth. It has been infiltrated and over run. Just look at the moderating Carol and her minions do and to who.
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #196
dutchie
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Hi Simon,

Hug,
Jenny
ahhhhhhhhhhhh there is a secret place for all you mods to go and talk with Bill and Kerry hmmmmmmm I thought the Iron curtain was torn down long agolong ago!
dutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #197
macleodmunro
Avalon Senior Member

After reading a good number of posts on this thread it looks pretty obvious that a subscription for all members could spell disaster for the forum.

There would be a mass exodus and those who are left would be paying for a forum that is a shadow of it's former self.

It would also be discriminating against those on a tight budget.

It would put off potential new members. etc, etc.

Clearly Camelot needs funds to continue, but this isn't the answer.
Maybe members who have got a bit of spare cash can help out more.
I for one have never donated to Camelot, but i will now that i've been made more aware of their need for funds.

I want to help because i want their good work continue.

Not because someone who gets their name in green is putting me on a guilt trip.
macleodmunro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:22 PM   #198
scrufficus
Avalon Senior Member

If you guys need money for continuing, why not put a dvd collection together or some other smart person out there that has all the equipment to do that for a small fee could, so as all of us who come here can buy a homogenized version of your material. Then we can then spread it around our friends and family so they can have a look instead of giving 10 thousand email links and annoying them with stuff they think you are mad to be looking at in the first place.just an idea but a fee to come here sounds like a thing nwo are gonna start trying to phase in to get internet 2 up and running so out of principle i'd urge every1 not to pay for anything on the net.sorry. I think camelot comes to dvd is the best way to go.nothing fancy just the info on discs, I'd probably give you 60 or 70 quid for it all, so would every1 else i'm sure
scrufficus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #199
Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
Simon, you are not going to get your questions answered.
This project is no longer about truth. It has been infiltrated and over run. Just look at the moderating Carol and her minions do and to who.
I see that gale has been banned. Im wondering if its because she spoke her mind?
Old 11-11-2008, 02:05 PM   #200
Kris Riley
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrufficus View Post
If you guys need money for continuing, why not put a dvd collection together or some other smart person out there that has all the equipment to do that for a small fee could, so as all of us who come here can buy a homogenized version of your material.
If I was to donate my time authoring the dvds, which is something I do for work. The replicating of 200 dvds with cases and labels would cost about 1500 dollars (possibly less) and it would be decent enough to sell. You might make twice as much as you payed for duplicating and printing off sales. Also the place I work for can also do the sales and mailings of dvds to people and pay the royalties to Bill & Kerry. It's all about what you would want to spend.

I was thinking that if things stayed the way they are, there could be a donation drive periodically, sort of like public radio. I think that people who have the funds to contribute would do so and those wanting a dvd would also contribute. Maybe there could be levels of donating. A minumum donation would add you to a list of contributors that would be available to view by members. Just so there could be an idea of how much is being given. Even if it was 5 dollars that would be fair enough to start with and anything past 20 dollars would be eligible for a dvd or maybe a t-shirt with a simple cool logo. That is what I think would work. Making it a mandatory subsciption fee would probably not work.

My girlfriend Venus also suggested something that would maybe be an option. "If you donate 5 dollars you will recieve the privelage of posting your own avatar and pictures." Possibly videos and music if you donate even more, was what I just thought of, off of her thoughts. I think there are ways for making this site profitable with little to no impact to those seeking information.

Last edited by Kris Riley; 11-11-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Kris Riley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum, paid subscription