Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Worlds Beyond

Default What is true your Life Purpose..?

Hello folks,

this is a question I'm sure we all ponder at times .. I know I do..every day!! I often ask myself/the Universe/My helpers from the other side: "What is it I came here to do?" (especially as this is directly related to something I was very clearly told when I had my NDE 21 years ago!)...

anyway.. was just interested in everyone's thoughts about this.. have you found your true Life Purpose? Do you know what you came here to do? Where you always aware of that? or how did you discover it? etc.. etc..

also.. I wonder if any of you are familiar with Dan Millman's book "The Life You Were Born To Live" ? Broadly speaking.. I understand its based on a very particular type of numerology .. but anyway.. I got this a couple of years ago.. and it is STARTLINGLY accurate and revealing... have lent this book out to lots of people, friends, family, neighbours, and they all report back how uncanny it is in its accuracy.. so.. I was wondering if any of you have read it.. and your thoughts on it?

Also, if you're happy to share on here, I think it could be interesting to share our Life Purpose numbers (the ones from Dan's system)?? Might be interesting to see if there's any pattern.. I mean amongst people who have some levels of spiritual awareness and the Life Purpose numerology system ?? Maybe not.. just an idea!

Peace and Blessings

p.s. I'm a '36/9' by the way.. just thought I'd be the first to open up seeing as I started this thread!

Last edited by Worlds Beyond; 11-06-2008 at 01:50 PM. Reason: I meant to title this "What is your True Life Purpose" !
Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: What is true your Life Purpose..?

I've not read the book mentioned, nor am I familiar with numerology.
As of right now, my main purpose in life is to learn.
From what I've learned thus far, it seems that math was first developed as a way to keep track of betting odds. In other words, numbers are a construct of humanity. Perhaps they 'fit in' so well with nature (ie. Pi, the golden mean, etc)
because both (nature and numbers) exist in our minds only.

The whole concept of "purpose" is indeed interesting.

Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Tuza

Well I would be interested to know how he works his numerology out as I haven't read the book. I am a master no 11 based on adding up total birthday which adds to 29 and then reducing to 11.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Deoxyan

i felt long ago, to become a spiritual big bang.... sounds weird and i don´t understand that myself. But now that i am on the verge of the singularity it really starts to make sense.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I wish I knew why I'm here
Maybe I've done it already but didn't realise and missed my train home
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #6
Anticomuna
Banned

Crush my enemies, see them tremble before me and hear the lamentation of their women...
Anticomuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticomuna View Post
Crush my enemies, see them tremble before me and hear the lamentation of their women...

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #8
Seeker Mom
Avalon Senior Member

I came to peace with the fact that I don't have any great earth-changing purpose on this earth many years ago. I decided that my purpose may be a small as offering a word of comfort to someone in their time of need. And I realized I not only was happy with that knowledge I was honored to have the opportunity.
Seeker Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
wilsonericq7
Avalon Senior Member

The intent of this experience, I believe, is to ascend.

Purpose? Does anyone know with conviction outside of a belief system?

Everything observed as a human [by you] has energy and is therefore 'alive'.
If something is alive, it is growing and is therefore moving.
Movement has direction; located in space.
Any direction has a duration; measured in time.
The combination of direction and duration is an experience.
The collection of experiences define the journey up to now.

So, we hold the journey as a collection of isolated experiences. To this point, the "purpose" was to keep moving, or better put, to stay involved in this experience of now. Any life purpose, therefore, is to stay alive.

To ponder existence and to find the meaning to its purpose is to assume life has intent. To find intent, one must realize their motive. What is our motive?
wilsonericq7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #10
Worlds Beyond

thanks for your replies so far...

I just wanted to add.. I'm really interested in this personally, as when I had my NDE many years ago, I was very clearly told (by my dear Gran when she was waiting for me on the 'other side'), 3 things, including that:

"We aren't ready for you yet..."
and that we humans "ALL come to Earth with a purpose, there's something you all have to 'do' " ..
then she told me very very clearly, before I was returned to this side..
"you have to go back and find out what that is.. and do it" !!!

I can remember her words as if they were spoken one minute ago.. they were incredibly powerful... and makes my spine/head tingle to repeat them...

anyway..

I guess for me personally, this makes it quite important.. I've always tried to help others as much as possible, emtionally and practically.. and to learn/grow/develop myself too... but I still really feel as if there's something 'specific' I still need to do.. but just have no clear idea what it is!!

It's a bit like I've been given a clear message.. AND a puzzle to solve at the same time!! Causes me a fair few sleepless nights, I can tell you!!

Thanks for replying anyway folks!

Blessings and peace
Old 11-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #11
historycircus

"Purpose" is defined by us. I don't buy into the "purpose" business of the reincarnation set for the same reason that Protestant (predestinarian) theology does not appeal to me. If you have a predefined "purpose," then you only get to excersise free will as it serves that "purpose." The real challenge we have here on this planet is not to DISCOVER a "purpose," it is to DEFINE one.

Peace
Old 11-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #12
symbolon
Avalon Senior Member

Your soul mission is your reason for being, your life purpose. It's your calling in life--who you feel called to be, what you feel called to do. Mission is an energy that flows through you--a drive, voice, or passion that you cannot ignore... It's what you know in your heart you must live if you are to experience inner peace and harmony.
~Alan Seale
symbolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:13 AM   #13
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: What is true your Life Purpose..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbolon View Post
Your soul mission is your reason for being, your life purpose. It's your calling in life--who you feel called to be, what you feel called to do. Mission is an energy that flows through you--a drive, voice, or passion that you cannot ignore... It's what you know in your heart you must live if you are to experience inner peace and harmony.
~Alan Seale

Beautiful quote thank you
Seva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #14
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: What is true your Life Purpose..?

I feel that our purpose here is to just - be.

Be what you are, be happy with this, be aware of yourself, be beneficial to yourself and all.

I feel this is what causes so many challenges within ourselves because we are all different - hence the need for a peace where all join as one.

It can be hard just to - Be.

To be is the challenge that we all have to overcome here.

This is my belief.

Macros
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #15
KassandraLoves
Avalon Senior Member

Ive known my purpose since i was a child.

Ive continuously gotten the message since youth that " I am here for something big. And when that something happens, Im supposed to help people. Its very important and I will have an arduous road ahead, yet it will be second nature to me to do what Im doing...."

Im not sure what that something is and I dont know when its gonna happen ( I have a pretty good idea, but I am not 150% sure) but I know Im ready to do what I gotta do.
KassandraLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:17 AM   #16
freekatz
Avalon Senior Member

Voila! now there's something we agree on. Personally I feel that this purpose stuff is all designed to convince us that we are not in a trap forced back here time and again

Quote:
Originally Posted by historycircus View Post
"Purpose" is defined by us. I don't buy into the "purpose" business of the reincarnation set for the same reason that Protestant (predestinarian) theology does not appeal to me. If you have a predefined "purpose," then you only get to excersise free will as it serves that "purpose." The real challenge we have here on this planet is not to DISCOVER a "purpose," it is to DEFINE one.

Peace
freekatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:23 AM   #17
777 The Great Work
Avalon Senior Member

To end suffering by conquering ignorance at every turn and claim my pearl from loud fire breathing dragon.. Transmutaion of darkness to light

Last edited by 777 The Great Work; 11-25-2008 at 12:12 AM.
777 The Great Work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #18
RedeZra
Avalon Senior Member

I didnt come on my own accord - Trapped in the Cycle of Existence - Treading the Mill of Suffering - Karma as Garland of Millstones - Oceans of Tears - Sands of Cravings - Turning the Wheel of Dharma - Holy Be Thy Name - Like a Lotus - Pluck me when im Perfect -

Last edited by RedeZra; 11-25-2008 at 09:47 AM.
RedeZra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #19
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

To become the Gods we are.
RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #20
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

i always knew, and, yet, there was a lot of work, to do for it, it was so much bigger than just me,
it needed a group --however "the group" is fragmented .
The whole prospect of it, has actually had made me feel quite ill, and, quite sad, that it is NOT manifesting in this reality -- it always seems like the busy 3D world,
keeps blocking it all, from happening, as, it should occur.
figuring it all out, knowing how to accomplish a lot of it,
and, right NOW, i am to the point, where i am beyond sick & beyond tired - i can NOT even begin to put into words,
what i am feeling-over and over, i try to align with others to do this work-and, yet, the others, are just too damn busy to realise, the true importance of it --
i know i have spent decades, figuring stuff out, and, i believe,actually, i know i have quite a few answers
and, over/and, over again, i give it all away for free
or, share it with others, and, then see some of my stuff end up in books (without, even an acknowledgement, nor, a word of recognition, nor a thank you-for the source of it)
and, that is just NOT right !!! owing a home/running a business to keep a roof over my head, has compounded, my own, inability to find the time, i need,
in order to do/and, to write, what i need to write
and, i do NOT know what to do ??? i can NOT escape,
what i have created - which although it works/it's NOT what i am supposed to be doing ...right now,
my heart feels like it has been torn into ribbons, and, NO ONE even seems to see it - nor, even cares about that.
i feel very alone, in this world - i feel very sad, and, and, i NEVER thought i would NOT accomplish it--however, for some strange reason, i feel NOT only let down by others...
but, that, i have let myself down too--this knowing it, and, NOT being able to kick it into action, and, express it, and, NOT just feeling that my hands are really tied, knowing they are tied, has frustrated me to a point, of no return,
i can't keep up these 18 hrs days, just to keep a roof over my head, and, i can't find the time, to move/and, to sell,
i feel like i have failed, and, that my heart is on the verge of stopping--NOT a very pretty picture
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #21
RubyTuesday
Avalon Senior Member

eXchanger. I'm younger in this lifetime but I also sense what you are saying- I imagine you are quite tired by now. I'm exhausted and have been at this for a lot less time. We seem to be at some kind of crossroads and it is dividing, fragmenting. How will we ever be whole like this?

For you. Not my art but it speaks to what I'm feeling and maybe you as well.

RubyTuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #22
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I think that everything that hapenned in my life had a purpose even if at the moment I do not know what it was. probably what will happen to me in the future will also have some purpose. I just hope I will then know what it exactly is. Or maybe the purpose is ALL THE DIFFERENCE WE CAN MAKE IN THIS WORLD.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #23
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post
i always knew, and, yet, there was a lot of work, to do for it, it was so much bigger than just me,
it needed a group --however "the group" is fragmented .
The whole prospect of it, has actually had made me feel quite ill, and, quite sad, that it is NOT manifesting in this reality -- it always seems like the busy 3D world,
keeps blocking it all, from happening, as, it should occur.
figuring it all out, knowing how to accomplish a lot of it,
and, right NOW, i am to the point, where i am beyond sick & beyond tired - i can NOT even begin to put into words,
what i am feeling-over and over, i try to align with others to do this work-and, yet, the others, are just too damn busy to realise, the true importance of it --
i know i have spent decades, figuring stuff out, and, i believe,actually, i know i have quite a few answers
and, over/and, over again, i give it all away for free
or, share it with others, and, then see some of my stuff end up in books (without, even an acknowledgement, nor, a word of recognition, nor a thank you-for the source of it)
and, that is just NOT right !!! owing a home/running a business to keep a roof over my head, has compounded, my own, inability to find the time, i need,
in order to do/and, to write, what i need to write
and, i do NOT know what to do ??? i can NOT escape,
what i have created - which although it works/it's NOT what i am supposed to be doing ...right now,
my heart feels like it has been torn into ribbons, and, NO ONE even seems to see it - nor, even cares about that.
i feel very alone, in this world - i feel very sad, and, and, i NEVER thought i would NOT accomplish it--however, for some strange reason, i feel NOT only let down by others...
but, that, i have let myself down too--this knowing it, and, NOT being able to kick it into action, and, express it, and, NOT just feeling that my hands are really tied, knowing they are tied, has frustrated me to a point, of no return,
i can't keep up these 18 hrs days, just to keep a roof over my head, and, i can't find the time, to move/and, to sell,
i feel like i have failed, and, that my heart is on the verge of stopping--NOT a very pretty picture
Exchanger,

I've seen you quite busy in Avalon giving your heart and your time to share your wisdom. Maybe you need a little acknowledgment for this which I take the opportunity to give you here.
Well done for all your work this is not wasted.
These are seeds being planted which will grow in due time. Do not take things too seriously there is perfection behind the veil of illusion and an harmonic plan unfolding be it with you or without you.However I see you like to be part of the game. Do this with a light heart, let go of the weariness of it all.We as souls are basically fun and humour.Finding your own peace within and make a radiant being of yourself is worth a thousand words.

Kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #24
KassandraLoves
Avalon Senior Member

EXCHANGER FOR PRESIDENT!!!

I love you too, dear! Chalk me up with the rest of us who apprecaite you!
KassandraLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:54 PM   #25
futureyes
Avalon Senior Member

let us be released from this game we play
let us be released from our fears

let us once again remember our reality
let us once again be free

let us just be
let this be our purpose ...

we constantly seek answers to the mystery of this life and beyond
it is our nature to do so in this 3d world ... in this illusion
we seek enlightenment of who we are and what our purpose is
we seek fulfillment withinn the answers we receive ...

in this illusion, we believe there is great significance in this process
and there is, it is of great importance ... in the illusion
seeking our purpose pulls us forward, always we are meant to move forward on this path

in reality, life's answers are of little significance for they are just words and ideas
in reality, we are the answers we seek
in reality, we live our answers
in reality, we just are

seeking our purpose involves much patience, allowance and trust

patience that we will ascend to live the answers we seek
allowance to be open to assistance to do so
trust that we know what we know within our hearts

purpose is passion, it will echo within every cell of our being when it arrives
we listen and we follow our inner voice
we seek what we need to seek individually, collectively there will come a time we shall work as one, together in harmony, we already do, many have not realised this truth in this moment ... but we do

we must follow our hearts for they are our only true and right navigators ...

follow our hearts to purpose

and we will realise, our truth and our purpose ... has always been the same as one another's

there is only one truth ... we are it
futureyes is offline   Reply With Quote