Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #1
arcora
Banned

Default 2 misconceptions

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:10 AM.
arcora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #2
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 2 misconceptions

it looks like your truth is my truth. this is exactly how i feel about God and myself. And subconsciously I have always known about those 2 misconsceptions you have described here. I always send love directly to God, I am so greatful to him that I exist abd I know that all power that I have comes from Him.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:33 AM   #3
taomation
Avalon Senior Member

Ego, is thinking that you alone have all the answers to spirituality and that everyone else is wrong.
taomation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
arcora
Banned

xxx

Old 11-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 11-10-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
ghglenn
Avalon Senior Member

Arcora this is the best post I have read on this forum...Thanks for that.
I too feel the same about my path.
Don't worry about the negative posts that may come from sharing this, the result will just prove your point.
ghglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
sfth13
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
The inmate thinks about why he's in prison, what he's done in prison to show he's rehabilitated and approaches the judge with absolute humility and asks for mercy and kindness. He tells the judge that he's sorry, he's learned his lesson and he'll never do it again. Then, if the judge has reason to believe that prisoner is sincere and has truly changed his ways he may grant release.

There is a spiritual war happening right now - everywhere around you. It is a war for your soul. Those that want to keep you imprisoned will lie to you. They'll give you a lot of truth to establish their credibility with you. But then, they'll mix in a few insidious lies which they know you'll believe because they sound good, make you feel good and you have begun to trust your captors. Those little lies are devastating. Be careful what you believe because there aren't many parole hearings left to be had.

After many changes in my life the past few years (some changes I can't explain why they happened) this pretty much sums up what i've been feeling and thinking. like i'm preparing for judgement day.

Out of the blue 2 years ago I got a telescope and have been looking into the heavens ever since, seeing some of the most spectacular eye openeing things. other galaxies, nebuli star clusters and I've always thanked the creator for this incredible view.
sfth13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
Trishsgate
Avalon Senior Member

Arcora, I am not wishing to argue with you. I do see a few things different or maybe misconceptions on my part, they are still my views until shown differentially.

Spirituality yes religion no and I will tell my beliefs on that one. Too many wars\deaths have been attributed to religious beliefs, the old "my god is better than your god" aspect has ruined it for many as far as religion goes. Another is money how much is given to religious organizations in the name of god when that money should be in teaching about the word and redistributing to the needy instead how much of this lines the pockets of these religious leaders\organizations instead of it's true purpose? Lastly the control\boundaries that religion's place on society if it were to teach morality and integrity it has failed poorly in many circumstances.

Love most do not understand the true word "love" or agape. There again how many have been killed in the name of 'love" by someone without any understanding of the word. Love is a selfless expression not about you but another. I agree with you about how love should be shown it is in deed not anything to do with self at all, you should love yourself but not be in love with self.

This second misconception you speak of I have difficulties with when you say one does not create their own path which is the reality they live in now. Being a "god" has nothing to do with creating your own path. If you make certain choices in life that lead to cra* or contentment whichever be the case are you not creating that reality in and of itself which can be changed by additional choices should you wish to change them. Are not people's choices they make sometimes a necessary evil to teach or guide them on their path? Could these choices that were seen as hardships now be used later in life as a necessary tool, again one's perceptions of what is needed in life. If enough people choose poorly is that in and of itself feasible proof that we have chosen poor decisions and poor leadership\guidance.

One example here. Say a young wealthy teen chooses to go against her families wishes and marry outside the "class" instead she chooses to abandon the structure she had been reared in. She finds many struggles in life but also finds contentment within her own life. Now she not only changed or created a new path but also altered her parents\workers path's as well see how it works. One person's choices sometimes affect many other's. Could go into great detail on this but I will not you get the jest of it.

When our government makes choices are they not steering a course that is either beneficial or non-beneficial for it's people and the people have to adjust to or reject and alter what has just happened. Cause and effect usually are long range effects that appear down the road and many times are not immediately seen nor felt.

As far as war, strife, famine, and misery may be because of the choices of some the people or government. War IMO is started over religion\culture differences in many cases and the rest are to help economies and the wealthy corporations {sic}. Strife there again differences of cultures\views and in many cases someone's making is it not? Famine could be eliminated by people's choices, educating people on personal responsibility and with the religious organizations\government aid to help wipe it out. One question to you and others if I chose to have 15 children is it fair for me to ask you to assist me in rearing them? BTW I do help all I can and will continue to do so until I cannot, which is another question as the belt tightens how many can help other's with their choices in life? Until such time that people take personal responsibility for one's own action's they will never have control over their own lives someone else will decide for them, I prefer to make and guide my own. This prison I agree is temporary. A narrow gate perhaps but there are many ways\lessons to learn to get there.

Peace & Love to you
Trish
Trishsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #9
Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 11-10-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #10
norman
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:

Sending 'love vibrations' into the cosmos is nothing more than emitting energy. Energy is energy -

It isn't even that.

Don't worry about the negative posts that may come from sharing this, the result will just prove your point.

OK I'm Mr negative. Your 'LOVE' is genuine. I don't doubt that. Your expression of 'LOVE' is only going to be 'genuine' if it has the equivalent of 'having it's priorities in the correct order'.

The 'correct order' 's that billions of humans express are only subjective and add-up to what we 'see' here in this world right now. Cooking 'brownies' for the kids is NOT an expression of your love. ( it COULD be killing them ). 'GIVING' to 'unfortunate' people is NOT an expression of your love. These things are only your 'spiritual' 'ego' playing games.

As is very apparent by the number of people using forums like this one, THERE IS 'SOMETHING' 'HAPPENING' TO THIS 'WORLD' right now and NONE of us 'know' what it is.

What we see amongst the population are a myriad of 'reactions' to this realisation. The spiritual 'ego's are 'sending love'. The dark 'elite' are 'tunnelling away'. The TV fans are burying their heads. These reactions are only 'symptoms' of a realisation of some sort of change in our human condition. None of us know what it is and, in my opinion, what's happening is outside of our control. You can express what you think is love, but, your spiritual ego's surrender to 'WHAT's HAPPENING' is what you ( and I ) must face.

I know that sounds very 'bossy'. For what it's worth at this time, I'm sorry about that. My symptoms are showing. So are yours and everyones. Hold tight, this is going to be a very . . . . . . . . . . . .

norman.
norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:46 AM   #11
Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 11-10-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:26 AM   #12
crowmirror

Last edited by crowmirror; 11-03-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:59 AM   #13
Allie
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting thread, Acora

Now I know what you mean about the 'fuzzy warm' feeling you've mentioned before. It's all beginning to make sense....

I do think you make a good point about 'love' being a verb. Unfortunately, 'love' is a very misused word. From personal experience, I came to think of it as a strange form of currency....I will pay you with 'x' amount of 'love' if you play ball according to my rules. Unfortunately, I have a sister who loves me to bits and tells me frequently - providing I think and act as she does. Any deviation from this 'norm' is liable to result in words that I don't think could be described as 'loving'

I have also heard your theory in respect of sending out energy before. Many times, in fact - and I, along with many others, was very dubious about the 'Fire the Grid' experiment in 2007. Something didn't quite sit right for me in terms of some of the promises on that website.

With regard to the 'creating your own reality', I do see your point and accept it. However, I think we could take it to a microcosmic level rather than a worldy one

Take my abovementioned sister (please!!). She is highly negative, full of self-pity and convinced she is a) the only person that sufferers and b) the only person worth talking about. Consequently, people tend to avoid her - which creates the self-fulfilling prophecy that she 'suffers'. Now, if she opened her eyes to the lives that other people live, realised that most people have pain in their lives at some time, and focused just a little on how those people were or tried to really help and support them, her reality would change dramatically. People wouldn't avoid her - they might even seek her out, which in turn, would make her happier.

This is my understanding of creating my own reality.

I have known people who, when they approach a matter with confidence and positivity, can make things happen. Similarly, those whose approach is lacking in confidence and full of negativity tend to receive the thin end of the wedge.

I was also interested in experiments such as the phantom DNA. The results did tend to indicate that our thoughts and feelings interacted with the DNA, which, like all else in the Universe is simply particles and therefore, energy. And the double-slit experiments seem to indicate that matter is affected when we turn our attention onto it
Allie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #14
arcora
Banned

xxx

Old 11-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #15
arcora
Banned

xxx

Old 11-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #16
arcora
Banned

xxx

Old 11-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #17
arcora
Banned

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #18
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
First. Reality check. If you create your own reality - Why is there war, strife, famine and misery throughout the world? Even if you are co-creators I submit that you're doing a (p)iss-poor job.

Negativity rules because most people are negative...when that changes, everything else will change too. All of our thoughts and intentions are like votes...in a way. The majority of these "votes" dictate reality.
This is what is meant by co-creation...in my opinion.
If everyone on the planet began to send out thoughts and intentions of Love...do you think we would have any more war?
I don't.

arcora...the spiritual war you mentioned takes place within every living soul. It is the battle between the head and heart. The heart seeks harmony, while the head seeks mastery...the two can not co-exist...thus we have imbalance.

Reality exists in one place only...everything you have ever sensed (seen, felt, tasted, touched) exists because your mind/body took in sensations and through electro-chemical reactions, interpreted these inputs as being 'things' that are 'real'. I contend that without your thoughts, nothing would exist.

Try it at home...go to sleep...while your asleep, what exists? (except your dream world)
Rareheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #19
arcora
Banned

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #20
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

suppose there are only two choices...Love and Fear.
Which will you choose?

Quote:
So we can also theorize that the only way a group can create a reality without war, strife, famine and misery is to be in 100% agreement on all issues - thus eliminating negativity.
In a democracy...51% will triumph...not 100%.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #21
arcora
Banned

xxx

Last edited by arcora; 11-12-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
Connecting with Sauce
Avalon Senior Member

An excellent thread... I have one correction/observation to your comments

Quote:
I have said repeatedly "I know what I know and I know what I don't know".
I would say that you don't know what you don't know... but that is nit picking. Or a 3rd option obviously because we could know about something but not yet know it ie not studied it yet but be aware of it.

I think it is a time of doing rather than talking about it... Which I'm starting to realise... My issue is what do you do... I have a multi-fork in my path and I just know the road I'm on now is not the right direction.

I feel the healing road is calling... I'm choosing to delay for some reason. Maybe the next few weeks will add clarity for us all.
Connecting with Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #23
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

The spectrum covered between Love and Fear is the same spectrum covered between "service to self" and "service to others". Those operating on a 'service to self' base are also operating out of Fear. Our society in general (the majority) operates out of Fear as well...if you doubt this, ask yourself why you carry keys...why is everything built with a lock?
anyway...indifference and apathy are traits based on fear too. All emotions can be traced to one end of that spectrum...either motivated by Love or Fear...and we all get to choose.

It gets more complex...your green sky question:
it doesn't even take half of a populous, thinking toward the Love end of the spectrum to sway our global perceptions, because positive energy attracts and multiplies...while negative energy segregates. So much less than a majority would in fact turn the sky pink, with purple dots...if we wanted.

I think we are both on the same side here arcora...I don't want this to sound like a peeing contest...please.

I'm not trying to denigrate your thinking...and apologize that it may be taken the wrong way.

I only seek Love.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #24
Alexandra

Rareheart,
Might I be so bold as to request, in plain language, just exactly what you mean by Love? Fear? Service to self? Service to others? Providing examples would also be helpful. I believe there is a lot of misunderstandings on this forum.
People think someone is saying one thing when it is actually something different than the original intentional meaning.

Thank you for your time.
Alexandra

Last edited by Alexandra; 11-02-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
Rareheart
Avalon Senior Member

Alexandra...I agree completely. Misconceptions rule the day here and everywhere. The trouble starts with language itself. Communication, even in its most basic form requires comparisons. Perhaps the most basic form of data transference is the computer "bit". It exists in one of only two possible states...on or off (it's really a magnetic pole orientation difference between the two)...anyway...
To keep this as simple as possible:
When we begin to compare things, we judge them...these judgments happen each moment we are aware...without our knowledge (mostly). When we get down to the nitty-gritty...we realize that we do in fact have the ability to choose our reactions to any judgment we assess.
For instance...your driving carefully down the road and someone suddenly cuts you off...you have an opportunity to react in many possible ways. Some people instantly take offense, and feel as if they have been a victim of some sort, and wish to retaliate, perhaps. Others just go on driving, as if nothing happened. It basically depends which end of the spectrum of emotions you choose to draw from.
Love and Fear are polar opposites
Ask anyone who has been in combat. Love for their fellows trumps Fear...and motivates heroic actions.

as far as "service to self" and "service to others"...the line gets a lot fuzzy there...because while in service to others...one also serves himself.
Maybe someone else can help me out here?

All Love.