Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #26
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: My soul is hurting/shrinking/detaching/dying

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #27
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciejones View Post
I have never started a thread here. I do it out of desperation today.
I followed a thread that led me to a very good video on you tube. It happens to be about ET's however ----
It shows a lot of the destruction in Iraq and when I see those things I feel as though my soul is dying.
It is election day and I know it does not really matter..that it is an illusion so I get zero comfort from any possibilities that a "new" president may provide.

I don't mean to be a downer but I just feel I need to get these things out of my head before these thoughts do too much damage. I feel so connected to people and when I see evidence of their pain and anguish I feel it as though I am there with them. I am having a "despair" day I suppose. My soul is telling me to reach out to Avalon. I am at work and struggling not to burst into tears. I am happy that I have all of you as my friends and I appreciate this chance to talk.

I do apologize if I have caused others to feel sad or unhappy by posting this. I mean to do no harm, I just need to feel your presence right now as I do really feel that my soul is dying right now. Thank you for being here.
This is what this forum is all about. Connecting people who are all awake to what's really going on and who all feel really p****d off about it.
You are not alone.
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 PM   #28
hobbit
Unsubscribed

franciejones,
You are a star, a bright twinkling star , pulsing out exactly what We all need to be doing, well done.
an example of what true Americans really are.
Hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #29
macrostheblack
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: My soul is hurting/shrinking/detaching/dying

I am a soul like you and everyone. We are all connected and all have ups and downs and often feel hurt with the way of the world.

I looked at your image and felt support coming to you. Dont worry too much as we are all here right now for a reason AND are meant to be here.

You are far stronger than that past group of feelings because you are a soul!

Your soul is more powerful than you think!

Just keep smiling, supporting others and all will be ok.

This world is in a mess and you shouldnt take the weight of it yourself.

Not all (bad stuff) on earth is the result of mankind - dont forget this.

There are those (not of Earth) that wish you to be sad so that you and us all remain stuck!

Take care and remember we are all here to help.

Macros
macrostheblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:17 AM   #30
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I feel as though my soul is dying.....
Francie Jones,

You are the love, you are the light, you are the one infinite creator - and no one and nothing can ever take that away from you.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 11-05-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:34 AM   #31
MargueriteBee
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: My soul is hurting/shrinking/detaching/dying

I didn't read any other post but went right to reply. I hear you, been there. My personal solution has been to become somewhat detacted. I let go of the situation and allow. I observe. I just don't get myself all tangled up in it anymore. I observe and make choices.

It's kind of like living in a B movie or a maze sometimes.

Consider yourself all wrapped up in a nice warm blanket, in front of the fire with your favorite right next to you.
MargueriteBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 AM   #32
WineHippie

Last edited by WineHippie; 11-07-2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:22 AM   #33
Muadib
Avalon Senior Member

I love you dear Franciejones for starting this thread! Just look at al the great reply that arrived because of it.
Sometimes this world do feel like a prison and as Herretic I sometimes would not mind to start a furious global havoc to be off with it all (I can’t and of course I won’t), the only thing keeping me sane in such times is knowing that the feeling will pas and be replaced with grater clarity and a degree of love I did not know I had in me before the ”darkness” descended.

More recently however I have periodically been overcome with joy and excitement for it all.. Before I couldn’t sleep for the tears now I can’t sleep for laughter, thinking that surely I must becoming insane at last but that also pass and leave a greater surety that all is good .
They say that what goes up must come down but there have been more up than down for me lately. I hope that this love will come or be released in you as well, and for all of us that are stuck on this beautiful planet of ours.
Muadib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:52 AM   #34
deb003
Avalon Senior Member

Francine, you empathy and compassion for the suffering of others shows you how big the love you have inside you really is.
I think we've been taught that sadness or anger are negative and that's a HUGE misconception but really it's part of us being human and feelings are what makes us experience life in a deep way.
I'm really glad you were courageous enough to express yourself in Avalon. You are amongst friends who I'm sure feel the same ways you do from time to time and we are here to learn from one another.
When I read about destruction, pain, especially to those who are so innocent, my heart breaks and I need to find a release and cry. I feel so alone and angry at the injustice of the world, and then once i release that, I feel a beauti*** sense of humility for life and an appreciation and joy for the little things.
Much Love to you and I hope you have a beautiful week.
deb003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:55 AM   #35
Samarkis
Avalon Senior Member

My love and light goes to you!

This is a favorite music clip I watch at many moments-especially when I am down or up! It is enchanting and sends hope through my whole body!
Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zogqRIsB_g

Samarkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 04:59 AM   #36
Hypnotize
Avalon Senior Member

I know that feeling all to well.
Hypnotize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 AM   #37
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I don't mean to be a downer but I just feel I need to get these things out of my head before these thoughts do too much damage. I feel so connected to people and when I see evidence of their pain and anguish I feel it as though I am there with them. I am having a "despair" day I suppose...
Hi Francie,

First of all, take a good look. That's what people have always done to each other, and there is nothing - NOTHING - like seeing it for yourself. This is the look in the mirror that none of us likes to take. Go throw up and have a good cry.

Now congratulate yourself. You know the worst, you're not like that. Instead of wanting to kill, you feel connected to people. Instead of wanting to hate, you want to love. You hold Light. Come on now, and spread it. That's how we get rid of those despair days.

Thank you for writing.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 AM   #38
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Francie Jones,

I offer this flower as a reminder how beautiful your soul is

Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:41 AM   #39
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

sometimes,
we see the hurt/shrinking/detaching and dying
in order, for us, to truly see it,
and, as, you become aware of it,
it makes it, a lot easier to let it all go
so, that way,
we can step forward into "no pain"
and, "stretch" so, we feel more alive, and,
amongst the living ...
it is similiar to the snake, that must shed its skin,
in order to grow bigger,
i will send you some healing energies,
light and love
brightest blessings
susan
the eXchanger
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:04 AM   #40
dayzero
Avalon Senior Member

Hello there,

lots of good posts here, but i want to point you in the direction of
the 'Handbook for the New Paradigm', as it really really helps in matters such as these. It helps put the world into perspective and helps see the suffering out there with new vision and insight.

please, PLEASE, all of you who have not read it, have a look, [it's what partially inspired this website]

I'm serializing it here, starting yesterday;

http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=6721

keep on keepin on!

x
dayzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #41
Antaletriangle
Avalon Senior Member

Franciejones this desiderata poem always comes to mind when rying to put things into perspective:

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann c.1920

Antaletriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #42
kasiopeiia
Avalon Senior Member

Francie, I understand your pain, I used to be just like you. Look at it this way, we all chose to be where we are, at this time. The people who suffer are suffering because it it their karma. The best thing to do is to be detached, because there's nothing you can do about it, and there's nothing you should do about it. Compassion is good, too much compassion isn't. If it destroys you, then it isn't. I probably come across as cold and tactless, but my point is you must learn to protect or shield yourself. Being labeled as hypersensitive (and hating it!), I understand a thing or two about feeling too much! As someone earlier mentioned, pretend like you're watching a movie, be touched, moved, sad, but don't let it eat you up. My two cents for what it's worth...
kasiopeiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #43
franciejones
Banned

I want to thank everyone that has posted since my last "Thank you" seen on this thread. I am amazed at what wonderful friends I have here and I am so grateful for all of the feedback.

I also would like to share that from reading everyones words and feeling the love that is so evident here, my soul actually grew bigger in the last 24 hours. It is the most lovely feeling. I feel stuffed inside this body...thank you all for helping me grow. My soul is touching all of my brother and sister souls and I have never felt a stronger sense of oneness in my life.

I love you guys so much and I am so happy to have Project Avalon. What a gift it has been. Love to you all.

Francie
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 03:28 PM   #44
Worlds Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasiopeiia View Post
Francie, I understand your pain, I used to be just like you. Look at it this way, we all chose to be where we are, at this time. The people who suffer are suffering because it it their karma. The best thing to do is to be detached, because there's nothing you can do about it, and there's nothing you should do about it. Compassion is good, too much compassion isn't. If it destroys you, then it isn't. ...

Hello,

WOAAH!

I'm sorry Kasiopiia, but I felt the strongest need within to reply to your post.. and I mean NO harm, conflict or offence with my post to you... but am trying to understand why you have arrived at these beliefs and made these comments.... and to maybe offer you a possible different perspective/spirtual understanding to consider ... as I am , to be honest, quite shocked/astonished by what you have said.

A great many people misunderstand the true essence of the law of Karma, and it often gets thrown around as some kind of "catch-all" explanation/rationalisation/justification for a lot of things which ARE unjust and plain wrong/dark in this world, and which COULD be prevented or helped.

Can I ask you.. how does anybody really know for truth that people on this earth who are suffering (be it through starvation/thirst/war/torture/abuse or whatever else) are in that situation because they somehow 'deserve' it or "chose" it, under the grand scheme of "Karma" ??

With the best intention in the world.. I would like to learn what spiritual beliefs/values you hold.... if you want to share them some more.. so I can try to understand why/how you believe/made the statements you did?

I do find your comments deeply concerning and saddening to be honest. I do believe that there is a natural and spiritual law of cause and effect, and I do believe in an ultimate Divine Justice, and that we are all responsible and need to learn, but perhaps my view of how this system of balance and consequences works is just very different to your view of the natural/Divine/Cosmic laws ?

For me, to believe that people "chose" to come here and suffer, is a personal perception. A personal conjecture, not a statement of fact. My inner feeling is, that even if some souls did/do actively "chose" to come here to suffer, does that still absolve us of any/ALL responsibility to help them?? Maybe, just maybe, they "chose" or perhaps "agreed" to come here and suffer, to provide us the opportunity to learn the way of compassion / connection / grace / humility?? Perhaps they 'agreed' to come here and suffer to provide humanity a service?? I don't know to be honest, but I do know that as long as I have a heart and soul and breath in my lungs, I could not share your views and go along with the there's "nothing you should do about it" view.... sorry but that just feels so so wrong, for me.

Can I ask you.. please.. from a place of love.. to take some time to really think about your words and beliefs... to find your place of inner quiet and peace.. and reflect on your words/beliefs (maybe ask for any Higher guidance if you are comfortable with this?) and check in with your own soul if these statements you have made are things you REALLY believe as true..??

I felt such a wave of sadness inside when I read your words...
"The best thing to do is to be detached, because there's nothing you can do about it, and there's nothing you should do about it." ?

I truly don't wish to enter any level of confilct with you... I just feel deeply uncomfortable with your statements, as they seem a very easy way to absolve all responsiblity we humans have to help and care for eath other... and even in some ways feel like a way of 'blaming' those who suffer.

Quoting simple "Karma", even if from misunderstanding, is a very easy way to just wash your/our hands of any sense of unity/connection/responsiiblity for each other etc. It feels like a rather frighteningly easy and simplistic way to try to justify/excuse the often cruel, selfish, ignorant and dark ways that some humans have behave (and have throughout history).

And I also feel it goes against every spiritual truth about forgiveness.... and non-judgement....

if you personally were faced with a starving 5 year old, or their mother, would you honestly hold to your statements made here and be able look that child/mother in the eye and say.. "You chose to come here. Its your Karma!" ????

Please think about this more deeply... even if you hold the belief of Karma as such a simplistic cut and dried system of 'deserving punishment', surely at the same time a part of you must wonder... no matter what any soul may have/may not have done in their previous incarnations (or even this one), the truth is they ARE in THIS incarnation, and are working through their KARMA, just as we ALL are, every one of us.... and the most deply helpful and powerful thing we can do is to forgive and help each other... not judge them, turn our backs and wash our hands of any responsiblity??

How will your views/actions of other people's Karma affect YOUR Karma in the next lifetime?

Your last sentence: "Compassion is good, too much compassion isn't. If it destroys you, then it isn't."
.... oh my... what can I say here.... except I feel such deep sadness to read this being stated... especailly here on this forum.

Is it even possible to have "too much" compassion? Too much LOVE? Is compassion a commodity/scarce resource, limited or rationed out to only the most deserving or something?? Do you truly feel that too much compassion (love) can "destroy" a person/soul???

I respectfully ask you, to consider for a while, if you've really thought about and felt all your statements/beliefs through? I mean... really taken the time to check... for instance.. check inside yourself if your beliefs make your soul ultimately feel lighter/happier? And what the ultimate consequences of you belief system are/could be??

I humbly ask you to look inside .. and maybe stay open to reconsidering your views ...

Blessings
Old 11-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #45
franciejones
Banned

Worlds Beyond,

Your most recent post here is very eloquent and I agree with you wholeheartedly. Thank you for your words. Love to you and everyone here.

Francie
franciejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #46
Jonah
Avalon Senior Member

You soul is healing. This is why these images effect you so. What you

seek are the tools to heal. It is okay to let the emotion move through you,

so you can heal it. It is necessary to open your heart where the final healing

will take place.

Love to you,
VR
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #47
Heretic
Avalon Senior Member

I dont want to throw fuel on the fire here, as I have already stated my reactions to franciejones's plight

when I saw kasiopeiia's post and thought uh oh some people may not like that

so I will come and support kasiopeiia in a minor way, although only this person knows their own heart, I thought I would toss out some possible context and there are a number of religions that actually support non-attachment. Buddhism is one of them, yet indifference and apathy are not that same as non-attachment

the law of allowance is even similar to non-attachment yet Christianity abhors spiritual indifference in any way and there are many quotes from scripture that support this so this is all really murky waters and there is alot of potential for misunderstanding on stuff like this

consider that the aliens are also watching all of this happen with front row tickets yet they are not interfering with the terrible acts they see, and perhaps they too are emotionally detached and could be seen as heartless from some perspectives

I accept that there is a possibility that these people actually did choose their fate on purpose. perhaps we are seeing a bunch of previous hitlers working out their karma and the fact is, no one really knows for sure one way or the other.

If we had come down here with all the answers then few lessons would be learned

all I am saying is that we really dont know, so I feel it is safe not to judge as there is enlightening lessons in knowledge on both ends of the spectrum of what one would consider as good and bad

even Buddha says: He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.

which kinda rubs me the wrong way, yet Buddha also says some remarkably enlightening things that are holy in nature too so my point is dont be to quick to judge kasiopeiia as it is just another perception to think about

I reserve to right to be wrong here, and may change my mind at any moment

my two cents
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #48
tom
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: My soul is hurting/shrinking/detaching/dying

Now Now lassie, dinnae trouble yerself about everything you read .
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #49
tom
Avalon Senior Member

Then,old age and experience,hand in hand,lead him to death,and make him understand,after a search,so painfull and so long,.That all his life he had been in the wrong,Huddled in the dirt the reasoning engine lies,Who was so proud,so witty and so wise.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #50
Worlds Beyond

Hi Heretic,

thanks for your post.. firstly I want to humbly apologise, to Kassopia, if I came across as starting a fire.. (was I?? Gulp!) .. or being judgemental in any way at all... that certainly wasn't how I was feeling/intending when I wrote my post.... I really felt more saddened and shocked to be honest.. and really wanted to try and open up understanding/discussion (both ways) of what had been posted...

I tried to put across my feeling as carefully as possible, with my wording, to show that, and to explain that these are my personal views and beliefs, and that there are many things we cannot be so clear cut about... as we just don't know while we're down here... but I am really sorry if it didn't read quite as intended, or has caused any upset/offence.

Heretic, I agree with a lot of what you say.. we just don't know how some things work or why.. I think I was trying to make exactly that point.. ... I am deeply spiritual in some senses, but totally down to earth in others... and tend to speak what I'm feeling ... ooops!

I'm not religious, although I have at various points in my life read quite a bit of the major religious texts.. from Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, also Sufism, Gnostiscm and Essenes... but am not attached nor a follower/upholder of any religion or doctrine.... and wouldn't wish to come across that way either... but I DO care deply about the state of this world and humanity... and personally feel this is a part of why we are all here.. but like I said, that's just my views.. my personal journey...

I do have some understanding and belief in the concepts of non-attachment.. was trying to explain I don't think of it/apply it in the same way as Kassopeia... that doesn't make anyone 'right' or 'wrong', just different perceptions and interpretations...... but anyway..

I'm so sorry if my post has raised any tension for anyone.. that wasn't my intent.. I was genuinely feeling more shocked and sad by K's words than anything.. and I take full ownership of my own feelings/reaction to someone else's views... I'm no expert on anything.. at all.. and, like most of us, am trying to seek understanding as much as gain it!

Peaceful Blessings