Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:47 AM   #1
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Red face We are not one!

All those people who say that WE ARE ONE..... I would like to know how many are veggos....

The key and answer to saving our planet and to truly being at one with all beings and elevating ourselves so that we will be able to travel intergaticatlly.... simply lies within those who call themselves "spiritual beings" to start acting like "Spiritual Beings" and respecting all other living beings by simply stopping the mass murder of our planet's fellow beings for human consumption. Killing for food source has created a major KARMIC DEBT for this planet and for each individual.

It's an easy solution to everything, I am sure a lot of you here would agree. Those enlightened ones know what I am saying please help me here.....
krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:20 AM   #2
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: We are not one!

I am currently working on curbing my meat habit. I am far from there but have really cut down on eating meat of any sort. One thing, and I think someone else on the forum mentioned it somewhere, I have always wondered is why it's ok to eat plants but not animals? I'm thinking this is a flesh thing or consciousness thing but isn't our idea of flesh relative and don't plants have consciousness? I can, at this point, only really see two things to eat on this planet - meat and veggies. I really have always wondered this and just can't find or hear a good answer within myself. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Thanks for posting this krystal.

EDIT ADDITION: From what I have heard, Native Americans hunted/hunt and then used/use every part of an animal for food, clothing, etc. I have also heard that when an animal is used for this purpose it is asked if it is ok and then thanked for it's gift. I could be movie brainwashed or misunderstood. Unfortunately my contact and exchange with Native Americans is limited to some brief time spent with a Navajo family when I was very young so I did not think to ask about any of this. Perhaps someone could share and help me to break my ignorance.

Last edited by Malynda; 08-31-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Malynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 AM   #3
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: We are not one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malynda View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I am currently working on curbing my meat habit. I am far from there but have really cut down on eating meat of any sort. One thing, and I think someone else on the forum mentioned it somewhere, I have always wondered is why it's ok to eat plants but not animals? I'm thinking this is a flesh thing or consciousness thing but isn't our idea of flesh relative and don't plants have consciousness? I can, at this point, only really see two things to eat on this planet - meat and veggies. I really have always wondered this and just can't find or hear a good answer within myself. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Thanks for posting this krystal.
You are half way there and it's wonderful. If you do not eat any meat for a period of at least 3 months you won't be able to tolerate the bacterial smells afterwards. Plants are mainly water and yes there is consciousness in everything but when you cut a branch off a plant it grows a few more and this does not happen in the animal kingdom.

The point I am making here is that there is great karmic debt in the killing of "living beings", animals have souls whilst plants have not yet evolved to that degree therefore the karma is not so great.

I am sure others see my point here..... how can we be trusted as a civilized society when we are still acting like in the dark ages.... killing animals by the billions and destroying our planet in the meantime.

Last edited by Karen; 08-31-2009 at 03:57 AM. Reason: add [/quote] code
Old 08-31-2009, 03:41 AM   #4
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystal View Post
You are half way there and it's wonderful. If you do not eat any meat for a period of at least 3 months you won't be able to tolerate the bacterial smells afterwards. Plants are mainly water and yes there is consciousness in everything but when you cut a branch off a plant it grows a few more and this does not happen in the animal kingdom.

The point I am making here is that there is great karmic debt in the killing of "living beings", animals have souls whilst plants have not yet evolved to that degree therefore the karma is not so great.

I am sure others see my point here..... how can we be trusted as a civilized society when we are still acting like in the dark ages.... killing animals by the billions and destroying our planet in the meantime.
Thank you so much for responding, krystal. The explanation about a plant growing another branch makes a lot of sense to me. Forgive me for asking more and more questions but I am trying to understand and you seem to know a lot about this. I don't understand how we know that a plant is not evolved enough to have a soul. I think my frame of reference is very narrow in this area and I would like to understand more. I always thought that everything that comes from source, god, whatever has a soul and that if you don't have a soul, you're not so very "good". Do you have any insight into this? I'm not opposed to only eating plants by any means but I just like to understand the world around me. I am trying not to just do things because they are "good". Thanks again for helping me to understand.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:51 AM   #5
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

When we consider our conditioning, belief systems, domestication, education, it, amongst other things, has caused seperation. We became individual and everything appears outside of ourselves. I have, like most here, have come to realize the b/s of all our belief systems. We then start the journey of awakening, changing how we see the world, how we think, how we act, ect, looking for truth.

This world can be very hard to live in, All we hear about and see in the mainstream is mayhem. violence, distruction, ect. We have to forgive ourselves, We were not taught the right way of being from the begining and as we all know there are many reasons why this is.

If everyONE was taught from the start, Love, respect and understanding for ALL beings and ALL things instead of feeding the ego's, this world would be very different indeed.

It helps me greatly to remember, the only thing I have control over is myself, and that can be a mission at times... Keeping my own light shining is paramount as one can easily fall away if not vigilant...

peace to all
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:15 AM   #6
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: We are not one!

Quoted from [Malynda I don't understand how we know that a plant is not evolved enough to have a soul. I think my frame of reference is very narrow in this area and I would like to understand more. I always thought that everything that comes from source, god, whatever has a soul and that if you don't have a soul, you're not so very "good".]

You are most welcome Mylinda, I cannot claim to know everything about this subject but I have been researching it for a long time. I think that most of us know it is not right to eat the flesh of other beings and deep inside we all long to be Noble Beings but to answer your question.... we all have within us that which resonates in everything that exists which is "the spirit" or "vibration" which is I believe to be the Universal Force or God Force whichever we choose to believe, however there is also those that have "conscious souls" which means that they are more aware of what and who they are for instance an animal is more aware of itself than a plant wouldn't you say as they feel fear and love. Animals also have blood which runs through their veins. Cows, pigs, goats etc know when they are going to be killed and they often die in fear and not in love. Personally I've come to the conclusion that it's not good for me karmically to participate in the killing of animals and using my body as a "cemetery" for dead animals.

Last edited by krystal; 08-31-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:23 AM   #7
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
an animal is more aware of itself than a plant wouldn't you say as they feel fear and love.
This is where I get stuck. I once read about a study in which a plant was burned with a match. Using some sort of electrodes and a monitoring system attached to the plant, it was learned that the plant showed some sort of reaction like pain. Each time the person entered the room with matches, the plant reacted the same way as it did when it was lit on fire. The plant only calmed down once the matches were completely removed from the room.

I agree that killing for the sake of killing is wrong and the way we obtain our meat is most often just plain cruel and unusual. I still am attached to the idea, if those are the right words, that plants have as much life, love, soul, awareness as every other thing, person animal on this planet. I am definitely missing out on something and I'm sure it has something to do with not being taught properly who I am for life. I really appreciate your views and your help in understanding this as well as your patience.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:24 AM   #8
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

It’s critical that we bring down our greenhouse gas(GHG) emissions now. Dr. James Hansen, one of the world’s leading climate scientists and Director of NASA’s Goddard Institute of Space Studies recently said in an interview: “Yes, we’re really running out of time… this next year or two years are the critical time period."

And in June this year, research by international climate scientists revealed grave news: “The world faces a growing risk of "abrupt and irreversible climatic shifts" as fallout from global warming hits faster than expected.” Though we definitely need to transition from our dependency on coal to renewable, sustainable energy, it takes several hundred years for the carbon dioxide that is already in our atmosphere to break down and dissipate. And meanwhile planetary warming keeps rising because we’re not limiting other greenhouse gases that can abate climate change much quicker than carbon dioxide reductions. There is hope. We can quickly reduce our impact on planetary heating by focusing on limiting the shor-tlived greenhouse gases (GHGs) like methane. Reducing the short-lived GHGs will substantially slow down global warming over a short period of time - this is what needs to happen. Methane in particular has a very short atmospheric life. If we stopped all our methane emissions now, the methane currently in the sky will disappear within less than 20 years and that would reduce a substantial amount of warming effect.

According to the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, methane has a warming impact 72 times that of carbon dioxide over a 20 year time frame. Limiting this gas is relatively inexpensive and will produce rapid results.

In Australia, sources of methane are derived from a variety of sectors but the one that produces the most is agriculture
; 58.7% of Australia’s emissions are from animal agriculture. The methane from this sector is mainly caused by the digestive processes of cows and sheep also known as enteric fermentation.

As well as being major contributors to global warming, livestock
farming and feedlots have extensive impacts on our Earth’s resources:

Deforestation
o In Queensland, 96% of land cleared in 2006 was for animal grazing.

Water Scarcity
o Meat production, particularly ‘feed’ production for livestock consumes large amounts of critically important water resources.

Land Degradation
o About 70% of all grazing land in dry areas is considered degraded, mostly because of overgrazing, compaction and erosion caused by rearing of animals for their meat.

Water Pollution
o More than 2 billion tons of animal manure was produced worldwide during the late 1990s. Assuming an average nitrogen content of around 5%, this makes 100 million tons of nitrogen finding its way into our water systems.

Loss of Biodiversity
o Tropical forests hold half of the world’s species which are becoming extinct at an alarming rate due to deforestation for meat production. Not to mention the energy resources used to transport, refrigerate and process livestock into meat, and not forgetting the black carbon generated from deforestation specifically resulting from livestock grazing. Black carbon may only stay in the atmosphere for a short amount of time but is an incredibly potent climate warming agent.

Avoiding the Tipping Points
It’s essential that we avoid the tipping points identified by climate scientists – climatic thresholds that are irreversible once exceeded. Surpassing these tipping points will lead to catastrophic climate events such as unprecedented food and water shortages, massive changes in weather patterns, and the further melting of ice sheets that could introduce unforeseen rates of rise in sea level. Focusing on reducing carbon dioxide emissions Even if we could shut down all the coal-fired power stations tomorrow a problem arises in that these power stations generate, as well as carbon dioxide, sulphate aerosols, which have an immediate cooling impact. They lessen the impact of CO2 emissions from coal-fired power stations. Taking out this cooling effect without a quick reduction in other GHGs at the same time, could rapidly lead to an even hotter planet, running the risk of crossing dangerous tipping points. By focusing on reducing methane and nitrous oxide emissions now, we can avoid going over these tipping points, buying us more time to transition to renewable energy.

What You Can Do
In light of the planetary emergency we face, the single most effective thing that individuals can do right now to bring down net GHG emissions that doesn’t cost the earth is, go vegan. If changing to a vegan diet is considered difficult at present then the next effective thing to do is:

* Eat less meat. Choose to eat vegan meals at least twice or more times per week. The less animal products consumed the greater the impact on rapidly reducing our net GHG emissions. If we are to save our world and ourselves from the impending dangers of runaway climate change we need to act as quickly as possible.

Last edited by krystal; 08-31-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:34 AM   #9
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

I just read something similar to that earlier this week and I understand the need to reduce the amount of meat we eat and produce and reduce livestock associated businesses dramatically. I guess I am just not a subscriber to all or nothing in this case but thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:37 AM   #10
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malynda View Post
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]This is where I get stuck. I once read about a study in which a plant was burned with a match. Using some sort of electrodes and a monitoring system attached to the plant, it was learned that the plant showed some sort of reaction like pain. Each time the person entered the room with matches, the plant reacted the same way as it did when it was lit on fire. The plant only calmed down once the matches were completely removed from the room.
Malynda you are welcome. Plants have feelings too it's just the intensity is different whilst plants would be an instinct rather than the fear which an animal would portray at the time of death, whilst we do not need to kill the entire plant to eat some parts of it, it's necessary to kill an entire animal... well you get what I mean. The ideal would really to be fruitarian or breatharian but well it's always best to start with the coarser energies first don't you agree?

As a lot of us here understand the laws of the universe of "Cause & Effect" they we also understand that there has to be a price to pay for the slaughter of our fellow beings.

Have you noticed that even in the animal kingdom those animals that are veggos generally are non aggressive and more peaceful and in a harmonious state?

Last edited by Karen; 08-31-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:42 AM   #11
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

I disagree that all humans can do well as vegans ( no animal products, no meat, no eggs, no milk. ) But many of us can do well on much smaller amounts. Due to differences in biochemical types, some simply cannot live a healthy life with zero food from animal sources. My final tipping point on the topic was bottles of Vitamin B12 do not grow like fruit on trees. All non-animal sources of B12 are analogues, and are no where near as potent and can actually be detrimental. Nerve damage from lack of B12 can take a decade or more to develop and cannot be reversed. There is not much for warning signs, maybe some tingling in the extremities.

Weston Price Foundation. This snippet addresses issues of sustainability. http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbeef.html

Here's a key paragraph:
A far more serious threat to humanity is the monoculture of grains and legumes, which tends to deplete the soil and requires the use of artificial fertilizers and pesticides. The educated consumer and the enlightened farmer together can bring about the return of the mixed farm, where cultivation of fruits and vegetables is combined with the raising of livestock and fowl in a manner that is efficient, economical and environmentally friendly. Cattle providing rich manure are the absolute basis for healthy, sustainable farming. On marginal land, wise grass feeding practices can actually improve soil quality and restore pasture land. It is not animal cultivation that leads to hunger and famine but unwise agricultural practices and monopolistic distribution systems.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:43 AM   #12
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: We are not one!

WHY HUMANS ARE MEANT TO BE VEGETARIANS

Studies of human evolution have shown that our
ancestors were vegetarian by nature. The structure
of the human body is not suited for eating meat.
This was demonstrated in an essay on comparative
anatomy by Dr. G. S. Huntingen of Columbia University.
He pointed out that carnivores have short small and
large intestines. Their large intestine is
characteristically very straight and smooth.
In contrast, vegetarian animals have both a
long small intestine and a long large intestine.
Because of the low fiber content and high protein
density of meat, the intestines do not require a
long time to absorb nutrients; thus, the
intestines of carnivores are shorter in
length than those of vegetarian animals.

Humans, like other naturally vegetarian animals,
have both a long small and large intestine.
Together, our intestines are approximately
twenty-eight feet (eight and a half meters)
in length. The small intestine is folded
back on itself many times, and its walls
are convoluted, not smooth. Because they
are longer than those found in carnivores,
the meat we eat stays in our intestines for
a longer period of time. Consequently,
the meat can putrefy and create toxins.
These toxins have been implicated as a
cause of colon cancer, and they also increase
the burden on the liver, which has the
function of getting rid of toxins.
This can cause cirrhosis and even cancer
of the liver.

Meat contains a lot of urokinase protein
and urea, which add to the burden on the kidneys,
and can destroy kidney function. There are
fourteen grams of urokinase protein in every
pound of steak. If living cells are put into
liquid urokinase protein, their metabolic
function will degenerate. Furthermore,
meat lacks cellulose or fiber, and lack
of fiber can easily create constipation.
It is known that constipation can cause
rectal cancer or piles.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:48 AM   #13
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Malynda you are welcome. Plants have feelings too it's just the intensity is different whilst plants would be an instinct rather than the fear which an animal would portray at the time of death, whilst we do not need to kill the entire plant to eat some parts of it, it's necessary to kill an entire animal... well you get what I mean. The ideal would really to be fruitarian or breatharian but well it's always best to start with the coarser energies first don't you agree?

As a lot of us here understand the laws of the universe of "Cause & Effect" they we also understand that there has to be a price to pay for the slaughter of our fellow beings.

Have you noticed that even in the animal kingdom those animals that are veggos generally are non aggressive and more peaceful and in a harmonious state?
All very good points. I think I'm reading some tone into your posts that perhaps doesn't lie with you but with me. Forgive me if I do not find the right words and please understand that I mean no disrespect and no ill will. That being said, as you can see from the exchange we have been having that it may be hard to convert one who currently eats meat and the carnivore might have a ton of questions. I am not seeing clear but answers here and that's probably me or just how it is. I am also feeling like you are removing yourself from most everyone else on the planet with the use of words like "As a lot of us here understand". My interpretation of that is that somehow vegetarians or you are better than than rest of us. That's probably not your intent but that is what I am getting so I'm a bit stuck at this point. I apologize for that. I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me understand. I look forward to hearing more from you and other vegetarians.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:51 AM   #14
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
I disagree that all humans can do well as vegans ( no animal products, no meat, no eggs, no milk. ) But many of us can do well on much smaller amounts. Due to differences in biochemical types, some simply cannot live a healthy life with zero food from animal sources. My final tipping point on the topic was bottles of Vitamin B12 do not grow like fruit on trees. All non-animal sources of B12 are analogues, and are no where near as potent and can actually be detrimental. Nerve damage from lack of B12 can take a decade or more to develop and cannot be reversed. There is not much for warning signs, maybe some tingling in the extremities.

Weston Price Foundation. This snippet addresses issues of sustainability. http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbeef.html

Here's a key paragraph:
A far more serious threat to humanity is the monoculture of grains and legumes, which tends to deplete the soil and requires the use of artificial fertilizers and pesticides. The educated consumer and the enlightened farmer together can bring about the return of the mixed farm, where cultivation of fruits and vegetables is combined with the raising of livestock and fowl in a manner that is efficient, economical and environmentally friendly. Cattle providing rich manure are the absolute basis for healthy, sustainable farming. On marginal land, wise grass feeding practices can actually improve soil quality and restore pasture land. It is not animal cultivation that leads to hunger and famine but unwise agricultural practices and monopolistic distribution systems.

Wow, thanks for that post, Karen. I will take a look at the website you listed. I think balance is the key and your post seems to point that out. Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:54 AM   #15
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Christianity

Thou shalt not kill. ~ Exodus 20:13, Holy Bible

It is contrary to human dignity to cause animals to suffer and die. ~Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2418

Those who eat meat break the Five Constant Virtues.

1. Killing animals to satisfy our taste is inhumane.

2. Killing animals, causing separation in their family, in order to feed our relatives are unrighteous.

3. Making befoul food offering from animal meat to the deities is disrespectful.

4. Praising the eating of animals as if it is God‟s gift so as to justify the killing of animals is unwise.

5. Lure and trick animals into the snare is untruthful. Worldly people must keep the five constant virtues; breaking these intentionally is to break the moral principles.

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat.

~ Genesis, Holy Bible
[/B][/COLOR]

Last edited by krystal; 08-31-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 AM   #16
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think it matters what you do or don't eat.

We are one, regardless of our spiritual beliefs, our genders, our backgrounds and even what we eat.

My ancestors ate meat and they were likely quite spiritual folks that knew how to respect the land and nature herself.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 AM   #17
Karen
Project Avalon Organizer

Some people tried with all their might, almost to the point of death to live on vegan diets. Some people can do it. Other's don't have the biochemistry for it. Main thing: listen to your body. http://www.beyondveg.com

Frank Talk about Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw Diets & Beyond
http://www.beyondveg.com/cat/frank-talk/index.shtml

http://www.chetday.com/billings.html
Beyond Denial: Coming to Grips with Reality in the Veg/Raw Movements
An Interview with Tom Billings

by Tom Billings
Issue 2, February 2000
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000 by Thomas E. Billings.

[Editor's Note: In this interview with Thomas E. (Tom) Billings, a long-time vegetarian with extensive experience in a wide range of raw and living-foods diets, you'll have many assumptions challenged. This piece is not for those whose minds are clamped shut. Tom's involvement in raw, vegan, and vegetarian diets goes all the way back to the late 1960s and early 1970s, when vegetarianism and raw diets were blossoming as part of the counterculture movement of the time. Tom is a site editor for Beyond Vegetarianism, http://beyondveg.com, a controversial Internet website that challenges many of the traditional beliefs of raw, vegan, and alternative diets. ... -- Chet]
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 AM   #18
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post

We are one, regardless of our spiritual beliefs, our genders, our backgrounds and even what we eat.

My ancestors ate meat and they were likely quite spiritual folks that knew how to respect the land and nature herself.
Humble Janitor always coming in with the shortest, simplest and truly wise words. I dig you.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:00 AM   #19
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post

Here lies the difference RESPECT
Unfortunately it's not longer the case.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:03 AM   #20
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Here lies the difference RESPECT
Unfortunately it's not longer the case.
It's only that way if you see being enlightened as being "part of a club" where you must do something or otherwise, you're a fake, etc.

Our bodies do not function the same. Therefore, a vegetarian or vegan diet is not right for everybody.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:09 AM   #21
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The key and answer to saving our planet and to truly being at one with all beings and elevating ourselves so that we will be able to travel intergaticatlly.... simply lies within those who call themselves "spiritual beings" to start acting like "Spiritual Beings" and respecting all other living beings by simply stopping the mass murder of our planet's fellow beings for human consumption. Killing for food source has created a major KARMIC DEBT for this planet and for each individual.
It is an opinion that is heard more often these days - that is good even while people still tuck into thier steak dinners with little thought as to the source, or not even a word of thankfulness or blessing.

The American Native Indians are widely considered to be have been spiritually evolved and in balance with their environment, yet many of thier number ate buffalo. There was a key difference.

In my view, the Karmic debt comes more from the complete lack of respect and correct treatment of the other beings of the planet that are eaten.

Additionally people do need a chance. Have some compassion for those that still need time to make a transition. You are talking about a world that has been usurped by master mind controllers, and intensive farming of meat is a greed/money making thing for them. Again karmic issues for all this.

We are one; yet, here in our mode of existance, as we punch these keys, we are individuals within one, and as such we are by definition different. The job is to let the light shine and do its job, without necessarily forcing the process (freewill infringement) or thinking we are fit to tell the univese how to do its job.

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 AM   #22
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Some people tried with all their might, almost to the point of death to live on vegan diets. Some people can do it. Other's don't have the biochemistry for it. Main thing: listen to your body. http://www.beyondveg.com

Frank Talk about Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw Diets & Beyond
http://www.beyondveg.com/cat/frank-talk/index.shtml

http://www.chetday.com/billings.html
Beyond Denial: Coming to Grips with Reality in the Veg/Raw Movements
An Interview with Tom Billings

by Tom Billings
Issue 2, February 2000
Copyright (c) 1999, 2000 by Thomas E. Billings.

[Editor's Note: In this interview with Thomas E. (Tom) Billings, a long-time vegetarian with extensive experience in a wide range of raw and living-foods diets, you'll have many assumptions challenged. This piece is not for those whose minds are clamped shut. Tom's involvement in raw, vegan, and vegetarian diets goes all the way back to the late 1960s and early 1970s, when vegetarianism and raw diets were blossoming as part of the counterculture movement of the time. Tom is a site editor for Beyond Vegetarianism, http://beyondveg.com, a controversial Internet website that challenges many of the traditional beliefs of raw, vegan, and alternative diets. ... -- Chet]
I started this thread for those who are ready to be NOBLE BEINGS WALKING A SAINTLY PATH ON OUR PLANET EARTH we all have choices and it's not my intention to debate anyone's habits, what is intended here is a simple solution to our human race as "human beings" to evolve quickly so that we can join our Galactic friends and neighbours. We've heard it clearly that we won't be able to travel or be with other ET's as long as we continue our wars here on earth.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:17 AM   #23
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I started this thread for those who are ready to be NOBLE BEINGS WALKING A SAINTLY PATH ON OUR PLANET EARTH we all have choices and it's not my intention to debate anyone's habits, what is intended here is a simple solution to our human race as "human beings" to evolve quickly so that we can join our Galactic friends and neighbours. We've heard it clearly that we won't be able to travel or be with other ET's as long as we continue our wars here on earth.
Wow. What I just read sounds to me like "I have all the answers and am better than you lowly non-saintly beings so do not ask questions or try to understand. Get it or don't." That's not cool. I think we're all just trying to share what we understand and learn from one another but that felt hostile.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:21 AM   #24
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: We are not one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
It is an opinion that is heard more often these days - that is good even while people still tuck into thier steak dinners with little thought as to the source, or not even a word of thankfulness or blessing.

The American Native Indians are widely considered to be have been spiritually evolved and in balance with their environment, yet many of thier number ate buffalo. There was a key difference.

In my view, the Karmic debt comes more from the complete lack of respect and correct treatment of the other beings of the planet that are eaten.

Additionally people do need a chance. Have some compassion for those that still need time to make a transition. You are talking about a world that has been usurped by master mind controllers, and intensive farming of meat is a greed/money making thing for them. Again karmic issues for all this.

We are one; yet, here in our mode of existance, as we punch these keys, we are individuals within one, and as such we are by definition different. The job is to let the light shine and do its job, without necessarily forcing the process (freewill infringement) or thinking we are fit to tell the univese how to do its job.

A..
Yes, I agree and do not mean to be fanatical in my views as I do not like that either. My intent here is to make my other parts aware of the harm we are causing to our planet and other beings. My grand mother was an Indian from the Amazon and I fully understand the way of the Indian life. On this note I should point out that the AMAZON is being deforested to grow soya beans to feed livestock not for tofu.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:26 AM   #25
Malynda
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, I agree and do not mean to be fanatical in my views as I do not like that either. My intent here is to make my other parts aware of the harm we are causing to our planet and other beings.

That's more like it. I'm sure you understand that we are all on different paths at this time and that sometimes we need time and information to come up to higher levels. I look forward to you sharing more to help us understand. Please remember to be patient with all of us and thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Tags
vegan, vegetarian, veggo