Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
McMaster
Avalon Senior Member

Default Meeting a free mason

Hi all!

This takes me back to 2006, pretty much exactly 3 years ago, by the day actually, i just realised that as I was writing this,wow!

Well, anyway. I was on a holiday in Europe, I'm currently living in Australia, mainly in Finland, but I did a trip to Amsterdam and London as well. When I was in London, the strangest thing took place. I was walking around and taking pictures, at the time I was still comfy on my sleep and really didn't know much about all this stuff that is going around. I was on my way to my hostel which was located right next to Picadilly Circus. I was coming up from the main road that goes to Buckingham Palace. People who's been there know what I'm talking about, you climb up the stairs to head towards Picadilly Circus and would turn left and walk straight 500 meters to go to Buckingham Palace. As I was approaching the stairs, there was an elderly man, propably on his early 60s. I didn't pay any attention to him really, I didn't have a reason to. As I got closer to him and was about to walk past him, he approached me and asked me if I knew how to get to Buckingham Palace. I was kind of supprised of the question, as you could actually see it on the other end of the road. But I still answered and pointed him the right direction. Now here I'm not sure why the following happened, as I was on my way to the Hostel that was next to Picadilly, not Buckingham Palace. But I found my self walking towards the palace with the guy. He was asking where I was from etc. I told him that I'm from Finland but currently living in Australia and on my holiday to see some family. He then tells me, that he's from Scotland, have lived many years in Australia and was now on his way to Finland to buy jewelry and diamonds, and that he was a free mason. All I knew about masons at the time was, that they are some sort of really old "secret" society and that;s about it. As we kept walking, we started talking about what the population of Finland and other northen country are. Because I couldn't exactly remember the population of Sweden, he eventually suggested a bet, and this is where it gets a bit weird. Bet was as follows. I would get to choose 1-10 million or 10-20 million, so it was my choice. Then he said: " If you get it right, I pay you 200 pounds, if you get it wrong you pay me a 100. and if it is over 20, I still pay you a hundred. But because we didn't know the answer, we would have to find a book store that was open on a Sunday afternoon. He then said, that if we cannot find a bookstore, he then pays 100 pounds, if we make the bet that is. So I said ok, I was intrigued. I chose 1-10 million. So we took on a mission to find a bookstore, he didn't even have a look on the Buckingham Palace as we walked past it. Eventually we did find a book store and got the answer that I got it right. He then pulls out a big roll of notes and pulls out 200 and hands it to me, I was happy as a Larry for that! We sat down on bench on the side of the road. He then digs out an empty envelope from his old leather carrybag or what ever you call them, and hands it to me and says: " Write your address on it, I will send you something, I wont tell you what it is, but I will send you something". I told him, that I do not know how long I'll be staying in the address, because I would have to move out pretty soon after I got back to Australia. He then says that it doesn't matter. I hand the envelope back to him. He says that he has to go now to meet someone, but he would like too meet later that night for a drink. So we decided to meet at the Picadilly Circus fountain that night at 7 o'clock. We said goodbye and went different directions. That night I went to the fountain and waited there, but he never showed up. And I still haven't recieved a letter from him either.

This is one of the most bizarre occurances that I have ever had.

Would anybody have any insight perhaps?
I can't make much sense of all this. Or maby it was nothing, and guy just was weird. It just doesn't feel like that, why did he ask me, and not any of the other 20 people who walked past him at the same time, and all these other things.

If this post is on the wrong forum feel free to move it!

Thanks all!
McMaster is offline   Reply With Quote