Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Cool How to Spot those Sneaky Decepticon/Disinfo Agents.

Since it's become a provable fact that there are paid disinfo agents lurking around in cyber space trying to stir up all sorts of mischief, I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at some of the methods used by these decepticons to help us better defend against their rhetoric. I don't think we have too many here at Avalon, but I know there are more then enough at other online sites that deal with alternative realities or subjects we were not taught in schools.

These methods I will be listing are by no means a definite way to identify a decepticon, in fact we all may have fallen into one of these categories ourselves now and then. Rather they are meant as a guide to at least become a little cautious, especially if you notice a repeating pattern.

Also I should mention that this post is not meant to make one paranoid about every poster now, the vast majority are honest and well meaning people.

Please feel free to expand on the list if you think of any other methods used by disinfo agents.

The Crazy Card.

The Decepticon will often resort to name calling rather than posting any real information. Your crazy, your nuts, love your tin foil hats, and so forth. These are just some of the terms used to discredit a topic or a poster. Decepticons do this to discredit information rather then use facts because they know if it comes down to facts they would come up empty handed. This technique works pretty well against those who have a delicate ego who would rather conform then be deemed a little loopy. Racism is also used and abused in many instances, especially now that the US has a half black president.

Fear Mongering.

Another favorite used by psyops is good ole' fear mongering. The decepticons message will have a very negative overtone with no hope in sight. Millions are going to die! You are all in for it now! Terror! Fear! Murder! You get the idea. This is a dangerous trap and works wonders if left unchecked. An abundance of fear mongering is coming from both sides of the fence, the mainstream and the alternative scene. As long as they can make you fear something they win, you are now vibrating in a low and easy to control state. The PTW don't care if they scare you with the left wingers or the right wingers, as long as they scare you. Many of the disinfo agents with bigger names will sell products of all kinds as well.
This is not to say that many of the subjects are not a little scary to deal with, but keep in mind the difference between a well meaning individual and a decepticon is that the decepticon will not offer any hope or solutions, they will make it seem like reality is set in stone. Nothing could be further from the truth.

My Way or the Highway.

The psyop will use this method to try and lead those who are awakening down one of the many false paths. Psyops will state that anyone who disagrees with what they are talking about are wrong, and they may even call other people disinfo agents or fear mongerers for disagreeing with them. At the higher end of the scale this can lead to cult like status where their followers will believe anything they say without question. I find this method is a good way to tell the true colours of many of the bigger names in the alternative scene. No one has all the answers, if they say they do they are lying.

We are not Worthy.

The decepticon will also be quick to throw big names with even bigger degrees behind their arguments to try and discredit 95% of the rest of planet Earth. The decepticon will say that since Mr.Bigshot says so, then that's the way it is! Probably not even realizing themselves that Mr.Bigshot can lie just like you and I. Mr.Bigshot himself may have also went through much brainwashing and manipulation to get to where he is, blindly believing many so called facts he has been taught by authoritative figures, never even thinking about questioning the facts taught to him. The CIA is really just a mind control cult much like one of their off springs, scientology.
Opening the higher rayes/chakras has a lot to do with self-worth. Know that you are just as important as anyone else and your views are just as worthy as Mrs.FivethousandPhd's are. Always looking to someone else for answers is a perfect way to keep yourself trapped in your lower rayes, and a technique that is used in abundance in our societies today.

Last edited by Phtha; 08-08-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Phtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
Angel in Disguise
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: How to Spot those Sneaky Decepticon/Disinfo Agents.

Nice one Phtha I've learned to be a little more in tune with intuition... Something is and has been guiding me all my life. I am gulllable, naive and too trusting most of the time and have been burned many times for being so. However, I have learned to adjust and find that I need to pay attention to things that REALLY resonate with ME... I am finding that my truths are not everyone else's and that we create our own reality by paying or not paying attention to certain things. I've always envisioned a healthy, happy, loving world since being a small child and I KNOW it WILL happen... In MY world anyways.
You're description of analysis on Decepticons/Disinfo Agents was perfect in my eyes... This was my favorite line... "the decepticon will not offer any hope or solutions, they will make it seem like reality is set in stone. Nothing could be further from the truth."
Because I KNOW and you KNOW that LOVE is the answer and I love you for it... Thank you to you and ALL those that KNOW
Angel in Disguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I think Egg fits the description since I can't remember a post where he/she didn't insult or berate people.

I see decepticons all the time at ATS. It's why I only lurk there and try to avoid it as much as possible. I can't help it as I get curious as to what people are talking about.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post
I think Egg fits the description since I can't remember a post where he/she didn't insult or berate people.

I see decepticons all the time at ATS. It's why I only lurk there and try to avoid it as much as possible. I can't help it as I get curious as to what people are talking about.
Bad eggs hmm

always a bit smelly
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #5
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Disguise View Post
Nice one Phtha I've learned to be a little more in tune with intuition... Something is and has been guiding me all my life. I am gulllable, naive and too trusting most of the time and have been burned many times for being so. However, I have learned to adjust and find that I need to pay attention to things that REALLY resonate with ME... I am finding that my truths are not everyone else's and that we create our own reality by paying or not paying attention to certain things. I've always envisioned a healthy, happy, loving world since being a small child and I KNOW it WILL happen... In MY world anyways.
You're description of analysis on Decepticons/Disinfo Agents was perfect in my eyes... This was my favorite line... "the decepticon will not offer any hope or solutions, they will make it seem like reality is set in stone. Nothing could be further from the truth."
Because I KNOW and you KNOW that LOVE is the answer and I love you for it... Thank you to you and ALL those that KNOW
Listening to your inner voice and TRUSTING it is the answer, always.
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #6
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Double thanks Angel, you reminded me of what the other method used by decepticons were, I updated my post. And congrats on activating your higher rayes! Self worth, KNOWING that you KNOW and you don't need others to tell you such! Love back at you and everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel in Disguise View Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #7
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Here is a quote from a similar thread that I posted in the Conspiracy Area

Quote:
Here is the basic train of events that I have seen in the past when it comes to the in field representative group. You have to watch the activities of someone very closely to pick up on this. Either that or they will shove it down your throat. The more intelligent ones will be subtle about it.

1. First, act normal and earn trust by contributing to the cause at hand. This could be a business by working hard, or this could be an internet forum where you give some helpful information. It could really be anything, you get the idea.

2. Second, identify individuals in the environment at hand that are going to be obstacles to your final goal which is as much control as possible. Once these individuals are identified do your best to shift perceptions about that person. Now the intelligent illuminated field rep will be very strategic about this and will only go after those who he knows are not clever enough to figure out the game. The less intelligent ones will actually just come barreling through like a teenager in a race car.

3. In the third stage of the play book, the subject in question will go for the kill and try to begin to take control of the environment in question. This is usually a carefully planned event with many happenings at the same time. However, if the illuminated field agent is less intelligent or has no patience there will be less organization and more chaos.

4. Stage III can go either way. It can go in favor of the operative, or it can all back fire in that persons face. If it backfires in that persons face then they will walk away and play the guilt card. The guilt card is played when the illuminated operative goes back to the things he / she accomplished back in stage one and points them out to everyone. This is done so that people allow their emotions of impathy override what they have just seen take place.

If Stage III goes the way of the illuminated operative then the next step is to identify the key leaders in the organization that have the least amount of intuitive discernment. They will then manipulate these key people and allow the perceptions of them to filter down through the rest of the target individuals. This would be Stage 4.

Layered on top of all 4 stages of this process is the manipulative magic. The goal of the magic wielder is to wear down the consciousness of the target individuals so that they are more compliant.

In the case of an internet forum the layering of negative magic can not be nearly as successful as when done in a business environment. This is because you need to be able to know all of the actual identities of the target subjects in order to wear them down with the manipulative magic.
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #8
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

I have dealt with disinfo people on other forums quite a bit. Here is a list compiled from another site that I think shows their methods very well:

Twenty-Five Rules
of Disinformation

1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil

2. Become incredulous and indignant

3. Create rumor mongers

4. Use a straw man

5. Sidetrack opponents with name calling, ridicule

6. Hit and Run

7. Question motives

8. Invoke authority

9. Play Dumb

10. Associate opponent charges with old news

11. Establish and rely upon fall-back positions

12. Enigmas have no solution

13. Alice in Wonderland Logic

14. Demand complete solutions

15. Fit the facts to alternate conclusions

16. Vanish evidence and witnesses

17. Change the subject

18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad

19. Ignore facts, demand impossible proofs

20. False evidence

21. Call a Grand Jury, Special Prosecutor

22. Manufacture a new truth

23. Create bigger distractions

24. Silence critics

25. Vanish

You can read Twenty-Five Ways To Suppress Truth: The Rules of Disinformation

The best way to overcome these tactics is to identify them, say what is happening, and don't get sucked into an emotional trap that was designed to turn people away from taking you seriously or wanting to read your posts. The goal of disinfo agents is to turn people who don't know the truth away from an individual who does know it and can share it. It's also to keep others from being willing to share their ideas and thoughts. It's about suppression of truth and access to the truth. Kerry hit the nail on the head in Amsterdam when she and Bill focused on the problem is Access to information.

Great thread.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #9
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

This plane is all about dichotomies : night and day, love and ate, good and evil..
Each pair of opposites is held in perfect balance.
Look at it this way when you see " evil " around know that in the other end there is goodness of equal magnitude to be found.
This in itself is very reassuring as from the opposite that is in front of us we can choose the path we want to follow.
These challenges are good soil for us to grow into who we really are.
And beyond this make the quantum leap ...outgrow taking sides and fall back in unity .
Love is our essence, love is the answer , love is beyond and encompasses all dichotomies.
The moment love steps in the whole plane of existence changes completely.

Loving kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:17 AM   #10
voltron
Avalon Senior Member

I was reading an old poem the other day. It begins, "I am nobody. Are you nobody too?" This thread about how to recognize Disinfo people made me think of this. I listened to the latest interview with Mariam Delicato about her accident where she was almost killed. It made me appreciate how little and unknown I am. If you are the same way, and most of us are, I think we can be grateful we are not Targets. And I am also giving positive energy to those brave souls who are stepping forward to reveal the truth. May God Bless and Keep them out of harm's way.
Aum. Peace. Amen. Amin.
voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:03 AM   #11
Tango
Avalon Senior Member

Yeeeeaaaaaa..... I kinda miss, Egg... Good or Bad he was doing his job.

I had a lot funn with him... I could get him to go --screws loose !!!

I've been around itel people most of my mil. life... I used to go out of my

way to drive them " Bats."

I noted today none are around... What you people do'in them...

Tango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Janitor View Post

Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:16 AM   #12
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Yeeeeaaaaaa..... I kinda miss, Egg... Good or Bad he was doing his job.

I had a lot funn with him... I could get him to go --screws loose !!!

I've been around itel people most of my mil. life... I used to go out of my

way to drive them " Bats."

I noted today none are around... What you people do'in them...

Tango
I think he left on his own accord.

There's always truth in what people say, even if they don't stick around long enough to say it.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:18 AM   #13
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Gotta agree on how to spot the decepticons. Good information.

Last edited by Humble Janitor; 08-08-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #14
Christo888
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
I have dealt with disinfo people on other forums quite a bit. Here is a list compiled from another site that I think shows their methods very well:
Twenty-Five Rules
of Disinformation
1. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil
A bump to keep this thread available.

Last edited by Karen; 08-08-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Christo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #15
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

i know how many feel about Egg...but you know what... I sensed some good in him...and I kind of liked him...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #16
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist

I could spend time putting my own list together, but why bother when this site has done a commendable job at it. I recommend reading the entire page on this information at yowusa.

Here is the portion on the 8 traits of disinfo agents:

1) Avoidance

They never actually discuss issues head-on or provide constructive input, generally avoiding citation of references or credentials. Rather, they merely imply this, that, and the other. Virtually everything about their presentation implies their authority and expert knowledge in the matter without any further justification for credibility.

2) Selectivity

They tend to pick and choose opponents carefully, either applying the hit-and-run approach against mere commentators supportive of opponents, or focusing heavier attacks on key opponents who are known to directly address issues. Should a commentator become argumentative with any success, the focus will shift to include the commentator as well.

3) Coincidental

They tend to surface suddenly and somewhat coincidentally with a new controversial topic with no clear prior record of participation in general discussions in the particular public arena involved. They likewise tend to vanish once the topic is no longer of general concern. They were likely directed or elected to be there for a reason, and vanish with the reason.

4) Teamwork

They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved. Sometimes one of the players will infiltrate the opponent camp to become a source for straw man or other tactics designed to dilute opponent presentation strength.

5) Anti-conspiratorial

They almost always have disdain for 'conspiracy theorists' and, usually, for those who in any way believe JFK was not killed by LHO. Ask yourself why, if they hold such disdain for conspiracy theorists, do they focus on defending a single topic discussed in a NG focusing on conspiracies? One might think they would either be trying to make fools of everyone on every topic, or simply ignore the group they hold in such disdain. Or, one might more rightly conclude they have an ulterior motive for their actions in going out of their way to focus as they do.

6) Artificial Emotions

An odd kind of 'artificial' emotionalism and an unusually thick skin -- an ability to persevere and persist even in the face of overwhelming criticism and unacceptance. This likely stems from intelligence community training that, no matter how condemning the evidence, deny everything, and never become emotionally involved or reactive. The net result for a disinfo artist is that emotions can seem artificial. Most people, if responding in anger, for instance, will express their animosity throughout their rebuttal.

But disinfo types usually have trouble maintaining the 'image' and are hot and cold with respect to pretended emotions and their usually more calm or unemotional communications style. It's just a job, and they often seem unable to 'act their role in character' as well in a communications medium as they might be able in a real face-to-face conversation/confrontation.

You might have outright rage and indignation one moment, ho-hum the next, and more anger later -- an emotional yo-yo. With respect to being thick-skinned, no amount of criticism will deter them from doing their job, and they will generally continue their old disinfo patterns without any adjustments to criticisms of how obvious it is that they play that game -- where a more rational individual who truly cares what others think might seek to improve their communications style, substance, and so forth, or simply give up.

7) Inconsistent

There is also a tendency to make mistakes which betray their true self/motives. This may stem from not really knowing their topic, or it may be somewhat 'freudian', so to speak, in that perhaps they really root for the side of truth deep within.

I have noted that often, they will simply cite contradictory information which neutralizes itself and the author. For instance, one such player claimed to be a Navy pilot, but blamed his poor communicating skills (spelling, grammar, incoherent style) on having only a grade-school education. I'm not aware of too many Navy pilots who don't have a college degree. Another claimed no knowledge of a particular topic/situation but later claimed first-hand knowledge of it.

8) Time Constant

There are three ways this can be seen to work, especially when the government or other empowered player is involved in a cover up operation:

* ANY NG posting by a targeted proponent for truth can result in an IMMEDIATE response. The government and other empowered players can afford to pay people to sit there and watch for an opportunity to do some damage. SINCE DISINFO IN A NG ONLY WORKS IF THE READER SEES IT - FAST RESPONSE IS CALLED FOR, or the visitor may be swayed towards truth.

* When dealing in more direct ways with a disinformationalist, such as email, DELAY IS CALLED FOR - there will usually be a minimum of a 48-72 hour delay. This allows a sit-down team discussion on response strategy for best effect, and even enough time to 'get permission' or instruction from a formal chain of command.

* In the NG example 1) above, it will often ALSO be seen that bigger guns are drawn and fired after the same 48-72 hours delay - the team approach in play. This is especially true when the targeted truth seeker or their comments are considered more important with respect to potential to reveal truth. Thus, a serious truth sayer will be attacked twice for the same sin.

(my comments) While this list is not perfect, it does reveal a lot of how they think. I think one of the most effective tactics they use is to either team up against a high level energetic opponent or use multiple sign-in names and pretend to be several people with opposite views and thus try to discredit the person by appearing to make them look as though they are in the minority of opinion and/or facts. I have run into this several times when dealing with hot topics such as Waco, Oklahoma city bombing, 9/11, vaccines, CAFR etc..

The problem for those of us targeted by disinfo people is that the majority of people do not either have the time or energy to investigate these sorts of topics for themselves and thus rely upon others to share information and then trust their "gut instinct" on who to believe. That is always dangerous because as we know, most people do not want to change their natural inclination and do want to trust their government. I mean to believe the sorts of things that I have presented, one has to innately understand that there are people in government willing to destroy freedom and want the people to obey them regardless of the negative impact on their lives.

I have come to realize the frustration some feel when a well meaning person who has not done their research comes in and makes a ridiculous argument in trying to support the truth. Their argument makes everyone on the truth side look equally stupid. I also think this is also why we get that uncomfortable fidget in our seats feeling when we see those we respect drawn into base level emotions in a debate. We can always disagree, but we do not have to crawl down into the mud to do so. Sometimes disinfo people will throw out just enough comments meant to draw on peoples egos and then sit back and watch the mud slinging ensue.

Here is a list that is helpful that I took from yowuse:

As tables are not an option on our posts I will reorder it, but you can go to the link to see a pretty table.

The energy level goes from 20 to 700 thusly:

Dark Masters and Disinformation Operatives

20 Guilt

50 Apathy

75 Grief

100 Fear

125 Desire

150 Anger

175 Pride

Intellectual Seekers of Truth

200 Courage

250 Neutrality

310 Willingness

350 Acceptance

400 Reason

Spiritual Masters

500 Love

540 Joy

600 Peace

700-1000 Enlightenment

Is this a definitive list on where you or others are energetically? I don't believe that it is, but I do believe it is a reasonable reference list to knowing what the vibration is similar to. Can we quantify energy in this way in reality or not? Well, I am not a mathematician (sadly I add) and from what I understand everything in the universe can be explained mathematically. So, I use use this list more to get a mental picture of where someone is on the energy scale, and thus gain some appreciation as to why I feel the way I do when that energy is directed my way. I make a decision based upon this knowledge to not go into the logical emotional response to defend myself by returning the same force to them. That was the their goal, but when I don't respond likewise, it negates that energy. I guess it is emotional/spiritual Judo. I let them self destruct and simply rely upon my research and present that information from a place of level 500 and above. I am not always successful, but I always regret sinking into lower than 200.

Disinfo people if left unchecked can destroy a thread or even a forum by creating great divisions amongst people who really are seeing truth and ultimately on the same side.
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #17
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
Here is a list that is helpful that I took from yowuse:
Sanat - an past member here, has this website that documents something like that table very nicely

http://www.wakeupcall2012.com/

A..
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #18
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

In my opinion, people who are members of Avalon for:
  1. Entertainment and/or
  2. Ego gratification
use these same techniques for personal reasons.
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #19
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashore View Post
In my opinion, people who are members of Avalon for:
  1. Entertainment and/or
  2. Ego gratification
use these same techniques for personal reasons.
Life is a meditation.
Avalon is part of life .

Loving kindness
mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #20
krystal
Avalon Senior Member

Wink Re: How to Spot those Sneaky Decepticon/Disinfo Agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
This plane is all about dichotomies : night and day, love and ate, good and evil..
And beyond this make the quantum leap ...outgrow taking sides and fall back in unity .
Love is our essence, love is the answer , love is beyond and encompasses all dichotomies.
The moment love steps in the whole plane of existence changes completely.

Loving kindness
mudra
Yes, totally agree and if all concentrated on elevating our own levels then things such as "good & evil" etc would not even enter our equation or our vibrational field.
krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
Myplanet2
In The Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Sanat - an past member here, has this website that documents something like that table very nicely

A..
That's a great site, Anchor. Thanks for the link.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #22
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post

A..
I don't see the something like a table. Can you be more specific?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:41 PM   #23
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 09-14-2009 at 06:04 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #24
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

xxx

Last edited by THE eXchanger; 09-14-2009 at 06:04 PM.
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #25
Phtha
Avalon Senior Member

Yes without fear we wouldn't KNOW the LEDGE.
Like the Fakirs in India, they dissolved all emotions, and many jumped of cliffs while smiling all the way, knowing full well they will be back if they choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXchanger View Post

there are some "fear programs" - that are necessary to survival

remember: everything is a choice !!!