Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Giving raw food a shot

Has anyone else tried buying a blender and making their own nutritious smoothies? I took the step and bought a $30 blender yesterday and about an equal amount in fresh organic (and some non-organic and frozen as well but mostly organic) fruits and some veggies. I'm experimenting already on finding the perfect base for a smoothie. I believe green tea would add more nutritional value but I don't want something that's going to overload the smoothie.

However, I did get crazy stomach pains from a smoothie I made with kiwi, carrots and spinach as well as one other ingredient that escapes me.

Is it possible that my body is not used to so many nutrients in a short time? I feel better and have more energy already.

Just made a chocolate banana milkshake as well. Yum and I could get the hang of buying fruits/veggies and making drinks out of them to get my nutrients.

Does anyone know of a way to stop a smoothie from congealing and separating after a few hours of refrigeration? I was thinking of freezing them in the cups I use, which are regular coffee mugs with BPA-free plastic (or something like that) on the inside. I could always thaw them out when ready to drink.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote