Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Default ancient site discovered

greetings everyone

about 3 weeks ago, a friend and i went on a walk about near the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest . to make a long story short, we found what we believe is an ancient site left undiscovered. so far, we have not found any recorded information about this anywhere.

this site is not too far from Fort Mountain, Georgia
where there is lore about the 'moon-eyed people'. for some reason, there has not been a whole lot of investigation into this ancient civilization.

we stopped at this odd rock formation that seemed to be out of place. once there, we noticed a strange indention in one of the huge slabs. there were several tear drop shaped, cigar shaped, and a perfect circle indention's in the huge rock slabs. i would guess that these slabs were between 10-15 feet tall.

here is a shot of one of the tear drop shapes

as we climbed down, and around the formation this is what we found:

this looks like a notch for marking alignments.

as we drove on down the road less than a tenth of a mile, we found more teardrop shapes in another rock formation

anyhow, i have written to a few folks because i have no idea what to do next here. (no replies yet) i think this place needs to be investigated further. if anyone in this community has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. especially about who i could contact, etc, to get the ball rolling on this.

here is a cascading water fall another tenth of a mile down the road, that was so perfect, i think it was built a long time ago as a channel or something. it also has some interesting markings on the rocks, strange shapes that water could not have caused naturally.

Last edited by unlimited mind; 06-30-2009 at 03:07 AM.
unlimited mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Unified Serenity
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: ancient site discovered

Interesting find, the last photo looks like a face to me. How far is this area from Tallahassee, FL? I'm up for a road trip. I want to check out the Guidestones as well.

Thanks
Unified Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: ancient site discovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unified Serenity View Post
Interesting find, the last photo looks like a face to me. How far is this area from Tallahassee, FL? I'm up for a road trip. I want to check out the Guidestones as well.

Thanks
greetings unified serenity
this site is about 3 hours from asheville NC. would love to have you explore here. come on up!

not sure how this thread was doubled, my apologies to the cleaning crew here. please feel free to delete one, i looked and cant seem to see where i can do this.

peace,
UM

Last edited by unlimited mind; 06-26-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

of course, my friend and i sat in this 'doorway', which had some magnetic anamolies. i took some shots while i was sitting in it, and the pictures came out all wonky. didn't happen anywhere else. plus, i also experienced some sounds, music while in there.

this is about 10 feet from the 'doorway' to get a scale of the slabs

this perfect circle was about 8-10 feet up on the slab

this is a view of the big face with me standing on top of all of the slabs, you will notice that you cannot see the face from the top. i had no idea when i took this picture what we would find once we climbed down.

here is a wider view of the second site a tenth of a mile down the road.

Last edited by unlimited mind; 06-30-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #5
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

i would really like to delete the other thread (double posted somehow), how can i do this avalon crew?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting pictures!

You might have to wait until a mod or Gareth the Admin, logs on to have the thread deleted. You can send Gareth a pm to ask him to delete it.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

this was a shot i took when i was documenting the space between the rocks. this is not a light flare.

lookin like a portal...
Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantheman62 View Post
Interesting pictures!

You might have to wait until a mod or Gareth the Admin, logs on to have the thread deleted. You can send Gareth a pm to ask him to delete it.
thanks Dan,
i contacted gareth, hopefully when he gets the PM he will be able to merge the threads.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #9
iainl140285
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited mind View Post
this was a shot i took when i was documenting the space between the rocks. this is not a light flare.

lookin like a portal...
Thats quite stunning

What kind of camera was this taken with?
iainl140285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainl140285 View Post
Thats quite stunning

What kind of camera was this taken with?
cannon rebel xti

here is some of my photographic dabblings with this camera

Last edited by unlimited mind; 06-27-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:37 AM   #11
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

here is a full shot of the giant face with the tear drop shape in the third eye area

Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 AM   #12
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

WOW!!

what an awesome discovery!!

Very very cool unlimited mind!!

man, i am excited for you, just looking at the pics!
great pics btw!

that place feels amazing!

and that pic of the colored anomolie,

I dunno what that is... but that has got to be the coolest "lens flare" ever!! lol

Mind if i keep that picture?
that's somethin else man, beauty. <3

can you tell us more about the "moon eyed people"?

did you notice any particular , different feelings/thoughts while there?

thanks for sharing!

its not everyday that kin finds something like this, whatever it may be.
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #13
hobbit
Unsubscribed

Unlimited mind,
Hello ,
I would recommend posting that site on the megalithic portal .
it is the best and most well informed site on the web for such enquiries.
your site looks to be what We call a long barrow in england, they are normally described as burial chambers, but I would venture to suggest differently, though burial and return portals of our non physical selves they will have been, imo.
The sacred sites and mysteries section of the forum may be your best port of call on there.
http://www.megalithic.info/
hobbit
hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:20 AM   #14
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Awesome pictures...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Talking Re: ancient site discovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
WOW!!

what an awesome discovery!!

Very very cool unlimited mind!!

man, i am excited for you, just looking at the pics!
great pics btw!

that place feels amazing!

and that pic of the colored anomolie,

I dunno what that is... but that has got to be the coolest "lens flare" ever!! lol

Mind if i keep that picture?
that's somethin else man, beauty. <3

can you tell us more about the "moon eyed people"?

did you notice any particular , different feelings/thoughts while there?

thanks for sharing!

its not everyday that kin finds something like this, whatever it may be.
aloha orion11,
the energy there is blissful, feels 'quiet' and still. my friend and i were passing by in the truck, and we both noticed the slabs from the road, looked at one another, and jodi slammed on the brakes to pull in. it was that kind of day.

after we hung out there for a few hours, we got back in the truck to find that the tachometer read 999 (the completion number). so we decided to find out what would happen at 000. when we stopped there, a pileated woodpecker drummed a nice tune for us. at 001 is where we found the second site, with the tear drop shaped in another large boulder. very shamanic day indeed.

i can't seem to get the site out of my head, it keeps calling me back. we may have stirred the energy there. here is jodi in the 'doorway' with orbs fluttering all around.

i have been looking around on the net for any kind of research about the moon-eyed people, and every time i read these articles, something doesn't feel right about it. now if the cherokee were running these people off their land, i would say that they were not very highly vibrating entities. yet, i am not even sure if any of these researchers have had a conversation with a cherokee elder. so that is my current plan.

i am going back there tomorrow to spend the weekend and get a better feel of how big the site is. from my intuition only, i am guessing this site is much older than 5000 years from the looks of that 'waterfall'. that will be my first stop tomorrow. once i have a better idea of what all is there, i will make an attempt at contacting the cherokee about this.

my gut is telling me that this isn't about the moon eyed people at all. why would the moon eyed people erect an astrological observatory, which is my assumption about that 'notch' in the slab at the 'face' site. it doesn't appear that these slabs are in there original location, so i am going to be looking for how the puzzle is put together a bit closer this time.

anyhow, the 'portal' is a copyrighted image my friend. you can use it as you wish with that in mind. cause ya never know, it might be the cover of a book someday

Last edited by unlimited mind; 06-27-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbit View Post
Unlimited mind,
Hello ,
I would recommend posting that site on the megalithic portal .
it is the best and most well informed site on the web for such enquiries.
your site looks to be what We call a long barrow in england, they are normally described as burial chambers, but I would venture to suggest differently, though burial and return portals of our non physical selves they will have been, imo.
The sacred sites and mysteries section of the forum may be your best port of call on there.
http://www.megalithic.info/
hobbit
thank you VERY much hobbit, i really appreciate this. i am not an archeologist nor do i know one, so i am flying by the seat of my pants. one of the people i wrote to was william henry so maybe he will eventually get back to me. either way, i am going to continue digging around, without the shovel, for now.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #17
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

Unlimited mind, you may become famous soon...
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgundia View Post
Unlimited mind, you may become famous soon...
doubt it very much, but it would really make me happy if the cherokee have stories to tell me about this place. looking forward to that. this also might be a backdoor to something else on my path, just keeping my eyes and mind open to all possibilities.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:10 AM   #19
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

still googling around and found this, very recent, just this month. so the energy is stirred. looks like this thread was started a few days after we found the site.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #20
KathyT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited mind View Post

here is a wider view of the second site a tenth of a mile down the road.
Great find unlimited mind!

Does anyone else see a face in this photo too, in the rock on the lower left?

Of a head laying on it's side?

And also the following one, a head on it's side? Was this the same rock, or a different rock?

I suggest contacting some Anthropology/Archaeology departments at a University nearby, soon. It won't be long before your pictures will be circulating the internet email.

Call a local newspaper and talk with an editor.

Get yourself going lady, or someone else is going to beat you to announcing this discovery.

Not sure they're anything like the Stone Heads of Easter Island, the similarity is in size: http://www.philipcoppens.com/easterisle.html

Last edited by KathyT; 06-27-2009 at 06:41 PM.
KathyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:05 AM   #21
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyT View Post
Great find unlimited mind!

Does anyone else see a face in this photo too, in the rock on the lower left?

Of a head laying on it's side?

And also the following one, a head on it's side? Was this the same rock, or a different rock?

I suggest contacting some Anthropology/Archaeology departments at a University nearby, soon. It won't be long before your pictures will be circulating the internet email.

Call a local newspaper and talk with an editor.

Get yourself going lady, or someone else is going to beat you to announcing this discovery.

Not sure they're anything like the Stone Heads of Easter Island, the similarity is in size: http://www.philipcoppens.com/easterisle.html
thanks kathy, after i read your message i started spinning all sorts of wheels. and i did not see the face in the rock, until i uploaded the pictures. it is the same rock. and the vegetation has almost grown over it in just the past few weeks.

so the update from the trip today was more magic happened. i am glad i posted this here and asked the right question, because spirit aligned the universe for me.

i found some more interesting anomalies at the 'face' site, found some pieces of the puzzle, and then moved on to that water fall. now that mountain is so steep, you almost have to crawl up it. and the energy there is VERY high. this is one of the things i am obseerving within myself right now, is how to allow more and more of that higher energy into my grid. what i practiced today, is serious GROUNDING. i have always been pretty good at this, but it seems that it is really really needed as we all move forward.

the waterfall is not completely nature made. here is a poor quality picture, but i could not seem to get my camera to work properly at the waterfall. the energy is really powerful.

as you can see, these are blocks and slabs. this area is very steep, so there is no way that our current civilization made this. we have no equipment for this kind of work. it was outrageous, and well worth the climb.

as i left, i had a last minute urge to stop at this store. i walked in to find that they were closed. the owner asked me what i needed, and i said i didnt know, LOL, but could i wash the dirt off my hands. as i was leaving his store, i told him about the 'face' and he suggested i contact Marshall McClung, as he was the expert around those parts, he even gave me his number after i showed him a picture of the 'face'. so the email is sent.

when i googled Marshall i found these articles he had written about the area, pretty cool stuff.

anyhow, that is it for now, still lots of work to sort out the new pictures and get them cataloged. looking forward to what happens next.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by unlimited mind; 06-28-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #22
Sarahmay
Avalon Senior Member

Well I know of at least one channeler who says that Atlanta, Georgia was actually one of the four centers of the civilization of Atlantis (along with Mexico City, and other land masses that are now under the water, including the Bahamas).

So you may want to look for an Atlantis connection...
Sarahmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
unlimited mind
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahmay View Post
Well I know of at least one channeler who says that Atlanta, Georgia was actually one of the four centers of the civilization of Atlantis (along with Mexico City, and other land masses that are now under the water, including the Bahamas).

So you may want to look for an Atlantis connection...
thanks sarahmay, i will need to figure out what that looks like first though

right now i am writing as many people as I can think of

Marshall McClung got back to me today, so i will probably be going back to the sites next week sometime to meet him. yeah!

Last edited by unlimited mind; 09-20-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #24
Nebula

nature is revealing itself every day my friends. Doesn't this resemble an olmec head?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 PM   #25
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Doesn't this resemble an olmec head?
definitely!!
very cool.

thanks ultd mind!
i promise i will just keep
and use the pic as my wallpaper,
and to show friends when they come over. lol
(i still have to keep going back to it just because) lol

this is all very exciting.
it feels like we are there with you,
discovering bits of the past.
i love the pic of Jodi to!
all of them, really.

most of 'my' ancestors are Cherokee...
so that just makes it
that much more intriguing to 'me'.

many thanks, and many more discoveries!!
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote