Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Interested in Lucid Dreaming & Astral Projection?

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let those know who are interested know about a blogcast radio interview I'm doing today about Lucid Dreaming. For those of you not familiar with lucid dreaming, a glib definition of it would be "conscious dreaming". I was born with that ability and within the past few years I realized it wasn't a "normal" thing for most. So I figured I'd do what I can to help others do this themselves. I'm pretty excited as I am having my first interview by investigators in the "paranormal" world about lucid dreaming on Paranexus Universe blogtalk radio show, Tonight at 8-10pm Eastern. I'll be talking about tips on how to interpret your own dreams as well as ways to "wake up" in your dreams.

Here's a link to the main paranexus site, they have a good amount of information on there as well:
www.paranexus.org

They archive their shows for later listening too. Actually they just had a great interview with everyone's favorite whistle blower website owners/reporters of Project Camelot Bill & Kerry for those who missed it.
Shakesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Question Re: Interested in Lucid Dreaming & Astral Projection?

Hello, I wonder If I could use this thread for some hints/advice?

Had this remarkable dream tonight:
I was walking in a forrest, and behind a small hill I could see a trail of smoke.
I went over the hill and moved towards the source of the smoke; a small fire.
By the fire was a person, I believe female, from the Avalon forum. The person was very full of humour and smiling, explained to me that she/he really was on purpose intruding into my dream.
And so I became half awake in the dream state. And decided to counter; thus I myself intruded into his/her dream, where I build a small tower of earth, gems, sticks and stones. As I remember this was the end of the experience.

I have had intruders in my dreaming since I was a child, numerous times. Especially one being, which I call my "shadow", has entered my dreams with a striking periodicity - about every half a year. This was, though, one of the very rare occations when I actually have communicated with the intruder - and clearly got some kind of identification.

If anyone here recognize this I would be very, very happy to get some feedback.

/M
I_Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
Shakesbeer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Interested in Lucid Dreaming & Astral Projection?

Hey I_am very interesting dream. To be in a forest sometimes means that we are in a transition phase, that there is intrigue and mystery about, as well as life in general. The small hill could mean a slight bit of resistance on this transitional time or your endeavors into intrigue. Smoke and fire can mean many things, passion, destruction, pure energy to name a few. It sounds like you might be coming to grips with some changes in your life and someone here at PA more then likely shares your passion. It sounds like you're a bit afraid of sharing dreams due to your shadow experiences. Hence the reason you felt the need to build a protective/observatory tower of powerful grounding material like earth, life (sticks/wood), & other crystals. That's fine as it will help to keep you grounded and give you confidence to speak to other things should you share a dream again. That "shadow" is generally an unrecognized or unrealized aspect of ourself that is trying to make itself known. Although there is this whole shadow people phenomenon too which is a possibility as well.

If you remember any other details about the dream I may be able to go into it more, such as any colors, smells, temperature, if there was a time of day, etc

here's a bit more elaboration of some of the tips I was talking about on the interview:

Our subconscious speak associatively. Meaning that it remembers and projects images to you based on how you associate things. So if have a dream of cheese cake, and love cheese cake, I'm sure you'll gobble that up and think; hey that was a great dream! but if you hate cheese cake, that dream will repel you. But at the same time, "cake" is also associated to food, sustenance, nourishment, celebration, sweet, baking, just to name a few, and I haven't even talked about "cheese"

See how everything can get so convoluted? That's why it's important to really know who you are and what your subconscious associations really are. Either way, the more you try to lucid dream, the more these things will make themselves known to you.

astral projection means : projecting your consciousness to a location other then what you would identify as the physical body's location. Time and place don't matter.

Remote View means : gathering information from a far.

Yes astral projection and remote viewing can border on each other, but generally remote viewing doesn't involve any "front loading" or any prior knowledge of the target, or very specific knowledge to determine unknowns. Astral projection is more of like you deciding to go the beach and you had an interesting or relaxing time.

How to build a dream through intention, one method:

Write down your intention on a piece of paper such as: I want to see the great pyramids

if time period is important then write that down too. If you want to experience the transit to the location, write that down too.

Put it somewhere you'll remember, some place convenient. Or you can also put it in an obvious place if you feel you need or want extra conscious reminders or "markers" as I call them too.

Before you go to bed, reiterate that desire or intention to project (or lucid dream, as it's the same process) along with some kind of empowering statement like the one I suggest: I remember my dreams & feel rested & energized

and see what happens. If you don't have success the first time, try again. IF you remember having any dream, write it down. The more you make dreaming a part of the conscious reality (not like you have to think about it all the time, just a quick journal entry is fine)the more success you'll have because you'll be creating more "markers" to help wake yourself up during the "indexing"(or daily review) phase of sleep.

You might see your intention shown to you again in a different way. For instance, you may not "wake up" and "project" to giza, but you might wake up the next morning remembering you saw a post card from Egypt. That means you're getting close in the very least, if you're lucky, you might just have a full blown completely lucid projection.

Or sometimes you might be dreaming and you'll see a that postcard maybe, not really aware you're dreaming, but that is an oppotunity to remember: Hey! I'm dreaming! Oh yeah! I want to go to Giza!

and off you go

Yes it is as easy as a thought there.

Last edited by Shakesbeer; 09-26-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Shakesbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks a lot Shakesbeer (I totally approve to your Avatar Name, especially after having attended the Stockholm Beer And Whisky Festival yesterday, hehe...ouch! my head is still sore)

I will consider your very good advice closely and you gave me a few strings to follow.

What do you think about several levels of dreaming? As I understand your interpretation of my dream, it is about subconcious messages that could be interpreted by the symbolics and archetypes. But I also felt that "intruder" very, very absolute - as a real being/person coming in to my dream - that part of it did really feel very physical and non-symbolic.

Do you think that a powerful dream like that one actually could have several "layers"?

Thanks and cheers!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am View Post
Hello, I wonder If I could use this thread for some hints/advice?

Had this remarkable dream tonight:
I was walking in a forrest, and behind a small hill I could see a trail of smoke.
I went over the hill and moved towards the source of the smoke; a small fire.
By the fire was a person, I believe female, from the Avalon forum. The person was very full of humour and smiling, explained to me that she/he really was on purpose intruding into my dream.
And so I became half awake in the dream state. And decided to counter; thus I myself intruded into his/her dream, where I build a small tower of earth, gems, sticks and stones. As I remember this was the end of the experience.

I have had intruders in my dreaming since I was a child, numerous times. Especially one being, which I call my "shadow", has entered my dreams with a striking periodicity - about every half a year. This was, though, one of the very rare occations when I actually have communicated with the intruder - and clearly got some kind of identification.

If anyone here recognize this I would be very, very happy to get some feedback.

/M
I just read your dream I Am.
That female being from Avalon you met there by the fire , I think this is " Rythm ". She is a healer on all plans. Look at the lines she wrote in " The sanctuary":

"if i had one wish for you dear one it would be ,that you fall deepley in you heart that you would be lost forever lost in the wonder and the awe ,journeys end the homecoming , let love have you , you know you want to dont you ! come sit by my fire of everlasting love . we can have candy cane and toffee apples . and yes the sweetest cup of tea .loving you .loving me ."

It's good you met her. She is a highly spirited being. It's a blessing

kindness

mudra
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
I_Am
Avalon Senior Member

Thanks a lot Mudra. You are such a wise person!
/M
Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
being
Avalon Senior Member

http://www.dream-yoga.org/
being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #8
ChooseYourLifeNow
Avalon Senior Member

This is great! I would love to know more about this. I always have such amazing vivid dreams. I've only consciously been aware that I was dreaming twice.

I have always wanted to harness this. Can't wait to hear more!

Love you All,

CYLNow
ChooseYourLifeNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:20 AM   #9
Reunite
Avalon Senior Member

Shakesbeer I was wondering if you had any tips/exercises on astral projection?

I had a lucid dream recently where i was in a museum showcasing artifacts belonging to prisoners of war. I remember seeing shackles and chains inside glass cases on display and other torturous elements belonging to prisoners of war. Then I started flying around the room roughly 8 feet above the ground. (I have many many dreams flying at this low level). Then I was flying above a door frame where I could see detail wood carvings on top of the frame out of sight if you were standing in the room. Then all of a sudden I could feel a presence of spirits flying around me however I could not see them. I started to feel really uncomfortable.

Then I screamed as loud as I could 'show yourself spirt world..show yourself!'

I quickly snapped out of my dream awake in bed however I was paralysed. I felt the most powerful vibrations rushed through my body as if a jet plane was flying over me. I tried to turn to my parnter but I couldn't move.. I tried to talk but nothing came out. Then I felt my astral body rolled out of the left side of my physical body. I then realised I was awake whilst having an astral projection since my father has had many and told me of the symptoms. Being paralysed freaked me out too much and I willed my astral body back into the physical. I was lying on my back which I never have been able to sleep in that postion before and my head facing north. Two ways Robert Monroe explains to make having an astral projection easier.

Since then I have done a little research on astral projection through Robert Monroe and Robert Bruce and now really want to explore the experience and ignore any fears associated with it. Next time I will def except it and try to have a full blown projection.

So can anyone recommend any exercises/techniques to pull out and start flying???
Reunite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lucid dream astral plane