Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 10-21-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Default Obama - Using "NLP" ?

Moderators; I did a search on "nlp" and "Obama hypnosis" and didn't really get a strong indication where to put this, so here it is, and please move it, if you feel the need. - Fred
Obama - Using "NLP" ?

To begin with here is the link to a comprehensive PDF file. The file describes the pracitce of "NLP" and it's ability to place things in people's unconscious memory. THings they will remember as true

Next, my political leanings: I do not support either major party candidate. It's my opinion it's a tweedle-dum tweedle-dumber choice guaranteed to finish wrecking this country, regardless of choice. That out of the way, let's move on.

There has been a bit of noise on the Net of late about something called Neuro-Linguistic Programming, or "NLP". Depending on your introduction to it, the subject can be comedic or scary, mostly depending on it's application.

Approached through the YouTube videos of Derrin Brown, such as "How to pay for anything with plain paper", or "Derren Brown uses NLP to influence someones selection of a gift", it all seems like just good parlor trick fun.

Much of the work on subliminal "suggestion" goes back to a guy named, Dr. Milton H. Erickson. Here is a couple quotes from the PDF:
Quote:
The origins of “covert hypnosis” and “conversational hypnosis” aka “black ops” hypnosis...

Hypnosis is also 'bypassing the ‘critical factor’ and setting up acceptable selective thinking. The 'critical factor' is the conscious part of the brain that you think with that has the ability to make rational logical judgments about what information is received. The critical factor acts as a filter, determining what can pass into the subconscious mind which is a non-rational computer-like system which accepts everything in it as absolute truth.

That is why sidelining it is so dangerous.

Milton Erickson, had a broader definition of the unconscious mind, described as, “both the functioning of the dominant hemisphere of the brain that occurs below the level of awareness, as well as the functioning of the non-dominant hemisphere.”

Ericksonian trance induction has three dimensions which we will return to often and compare to Obama’s language patterns. They are:
  1. Pacing and distraction of the dominant (language) hemisphere;
  2. Utilization of the dominant hemisphere, language processing which occurs below the level of awareness;
  3. Accessing of the non-dominant hemisphere.
Dr. Erickson discovered while working as a therapist, that he could hide therapeutic hypnosis within the normal content of an inconspicuous conversation with the patient, and avoid much of the patient’s conscious
resistance that normally accompanied hypnotherapy. Dr. Erickson realized the subconscious mind was always listening, and understood better than anyone before how to access it, and implant suggestions into it. (From the link; Pgs. 7-9)

"Young people and more educated people actually have lower hypnotic subconscious suggestibility thresholds for scientific reasons later explained." (From the link; Pg. 63)
What made this resonate with me is due in large part to the complete puzzlement over Obama's continued, persistent popularity.

Why, when he has reversed so many important points in his campaign like:
  1. His stance on Palestine & Israel,
  2. Completely disregarding the 4th amendment in the FISA vote,
  3. Including breaking his promise to fillibuster, should it include Amnesty,
  4. Including voting to prevent said filibuster by others.
Items 2 and 3 are completely unconstitutional! Article 1 Section 9 specifically prevents this in no uncertain terms! "No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."

He voted "yea" on this! Someone who keeps saying he's a "Constitutional Scholar"! "He taught Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago for nearly a decade."

One more here:
Quote:
What he said in July, 2008. Colorado Springs, Co.:
“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set.
We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
I wrote him on this one, at both his campaign and Senatorial contact points. (see screenshot here) I never received a reply.

This has been defended in several ways, but none of them are consistent with the language.
  • It's a Head Start Program.
  • It's like a Peace Corp program.
  • It's just the high school and college kids he plans to enlist.
None of these are remotely like what he said.
1. It has to do with "national security objectives".
2. It is something we are relying on our military for now.
3. None of the projects above have ever been considered a "civilian national security force".
4. He has never explained how a bunch of hi-school and college volunteers become "just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as our military.
4a) With what money? Coming from where?
4b) With what authority?
4c) Doing what?
5. Then add to this the fact he intends to add an additional 50,000 troops to our Army. (So robbing Peter to pay Paul seems out.)

When you take:
  • These votes,
  • His stance and speeches to the AIPAC people, regarding unwavering support defense of Israel, and
  • The qualifiers he's placed on any withdrawal from Iraq,
  • This civilian surveillance program,
Taken together you have a foreign and domestic policy which differs very little from G. W. Bush's! Yet he is never called on any of this. He is still seen, most unrationally, as something different from both his predecessor and opposition. Though this difference does not exist, what people are remembering and what he's said and done have no similarity.

So now I come back to the possibility of very well practiced, and subtle mind control being practiced. And I come back to what's pointed out in this PDF file. Neuro-Linguistic Programming is someting I am just beginning to educate myself about. But I am sure there are people here who must know more about it, already.

Learning to turn off the effects, once you see how it's done, seems easier than getting someone to realize they've been subjected to it. Being able to analyze a speech, or presentation and quantify it, is way beyond my study at this point. Up until Sunday, my take on all this was limited to the fact that Obama, sets off my BS-Meter, unlike anyone else I've seen on the political stage in memory. Though I was fascinated by this bit of work:

Analysis from this website:
John McCain: Jan 19, 2008 acceptance speech.
18% hypnotic language. Mostly incidental.

Hillary Clinton: Feb 5, 2008, remarks on Super Tuesday.
32% hypnotic language. Mostly rapport building.

Barack Obama: Feb 5, 2008, remarks on Super Tuesday.
58% hypnotic language. "Complete mastery of the language, including highly abstract pacing and leading language for creating emotion and motivation. In addition to the language patterns, he is fantastic at going higher up in level of abstraction beyond details, while still managing to sound relevant. He uses Ericksonian-style language patterns, including presuppositions and nominalizations extensively.

This is only a sample of 500 words from a single speech, but as you can see, Obama tops the crowd using nearly 60% hypnotic language patterns. In my opinion, this is purposeful language, likely written by a very skilled speech writer — perhaps someone trained in Neuro-Linguistic Programming or Hypnosis." -Michael

Both McCain and Hillary's use seems well within the normal abilities of people using their own ability to convince/entreat people and gain their sympathies. Obama however is far beyond the laws of chance.

As I stated at the beginning I am neither an Obama, or McCain supporter. I consider them both "100% owned" and dangerous for this time and place.

Whether you support his "Stated ideas" (this week's, anyway) or not, this has to be a wake up call to the fact it is being used on us, with incredible, and possibly devastating results.

This will probably not be the last time, either. Assuming we ever get another chance to vote in this country.

I wold be interested to hear other people's reactions to this, and possibly some analysis from people who know of these techniques.

Thanks for yoru time,

Fred.

Evil cannot be killed. Only redeemed.

Chat us up at: Avalon Chat
Fredkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
Evolution22
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Obama - Using "NLP" ?

This is the icing on my over cooked cake! I'm getting really sick of the sheep training, subliminal messages and trying to munipulate our free will! This ***** needs to stop!

Great post!!
Evolution22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #3
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I feel like I'm on Redstate or some other political forum.

Where's the outcry over John McCain and Sarah Palin?
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

This is the basic premise
What people perceive, believe and feel, is more significant to their lives than what is objectively 'true', and takes for granted that each person's awareness and inner world is different and unique.

So if any politician is appealing to this basic premise then they are creating a rapport, in the same way as a therapist would with a client. I would suggest that all natural public speakers have this inherant ability in spades and its not as mysterious as all that. They use words people want to hear, they give sympathy to things that people believe themselves to be going through, marginalisation etc...... Unfair as it may seem to have this ability I don't know if its any different than a bit of natural glamour is to a movie star. BUT I'm always open to be corrected.

Take care folks
g
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
DoctorWho
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by End_Times012 View Post
I feel like I'm on Redstate or some other political forum.

Where's the outcry over John McCain and Sarah Palin?
See last Sunday's Family Guy episode. Or do a news search at Fox News for Family Guy Nazi McCain Palin. Richard Hoagland, Jim Marrs, and Joseph Farrell would be greatly amused.
Bill "the Doctor"
DoctorWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
Jenny
Project Avalon Member

NLP is on neurology and language.

NLP can be used for anything and on any subject.

It is the intention that counts.

Obama is a Moon in Gemini=====.good communication skills.

Don't get paranoide about anything.

Jenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
mntruthseeker
Avalon Senior Member

Dr Who, that was a good point

End Times. If I have something to say about Barry, I will say this, Its not because I am a McCain fan. I AM NOT

I have no trust in our voting system and feel that anyone that is in their spot right now, is put there. This is no different from other years..........Just one is old and white and the other young and black

They are both puppets................Obama is one of the smartest ones that have come along in years. Not one president in recent years had any brains................they didnt need them.
mntruthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:44 AM   #8
Eli in MI
Avalon Senior Member

Default Another brainwashed crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntruthseeker View Post
I have no trust in our voting system
Good reason to smear a random candidate.

Stop spreading disinformation for the NWO.

Have a picture from today in Indiana.

Of course, these people are all hypnotized to be crazy, you are the sane one.

Take another lithium, buddy.

Eli in MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:47 AM   #9
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Perhaps some clarification is in order.

1. The post that started this thread was the result of about 4 hours of reading, 2 hours of quote and link research, and about an hour's typing, off and on throughout the day, while I did other things.

Let me also take this opportunity to quietly re-mention,
It Was About The Process!!!
(and my objections to its use by anyone in the political arena).

I am real sorry if it's your "favorite" snake oil salesman whose using it. My question in response would be, "Why aren't you?"

Just so its been said:
No, I am neither a John McCain, or Republican party supporter, either. In fact, it scares hell out of me that even 5% of the voters would EVER give the launch codes to a pin-headed, senile social climber who is so befuddled he probably can't remember what he had for breakfast!

The man has absolutely no personal values, or loyalty, for anything beyond his grasp or serves him personally. He's spent the last 35 years chasing TV cameras, and saying anything to anyone, to get in one of them.

And exactly like Sen. John Kerry, that includes knowingly turning his back on POW's still alive 30 years after they came home from Vietnam. Soldiers who take the oath should never have to acknowledge command from weasels like that. There is no way I could call myself, "My Father's Son" and vote for him.

But it is also my opinion that this is the most critical election this nation faces in my lifetime, and I've been voting for nearly 36 years. Unless incredibly drastic changes are deep in the character of the next crop of elected, I don't think we'll see another election. "These two ain't neither one up to it, neither."

In fact, I don't think the two major parties could have come up with two more pathetic candidates for the job if they'd held a fixed raffle amongst a pack of horse thieves at a cow tippin' contest.

Sadder yet, the people of this nation have so abandoned both the nature of, and responsibility inherent in the true freedom within their grasp, they've settled for this.

About two years ago an economist, Dr. Paul Craig Roberts (yeah, I'm a fan, and I've written him several times) wrote something that so infuriated me, I tried every time I sat at my computer to write and tell him what a cynical and defeating thing he'd said, and "what I really thought of him, now". Here's what he said,

"It may be true that the American people are no longer educated, or interested enough, to sustain a free society."
Lesson: Make sure that when you find yourself REALLY ticked off at what someone says, that it isn't because you have to agree with him, but just don't want to admit it, to him, or yourself.
Now, theres is about a fixed 22% of this country that will vote for McCain no matter what he does, says, how he acts, or what moronic scandal he brings upon himself, or is invented about him. From the time I've spent watching political discourse in this country, I can understand how they got there, fairly well. That doesn't mean I agree with their position (they didn't really arrive at one, they were herded into it), nor the way they've had their values, and so their vote manipulated. They're kept in place through fear.

People have puzzled over why, no matter how destructive the stunt Bush pulls, a certain percentage refuses to withdraw their support. They've had a ring of fear drawn around them, and they believe in that, more than anything you can tell them, or they can experience.

Ever see a herd of Yaks when faced with predators? They form a tight circle, facing outward. If you watch, one of them does get eaten. Next time, same thing, and another one will get eaten. You'll know it. The predators know it, or they'd go try something else. Everyone knows but the ones in the circle. "It's all they know", and what they "know" keeps them there.

Truth is the predators running both parties have practiced this successfully for decades. It effectively keeps about 30% of voters from listening, or thinking. Every four years they're treated to a pack of "designer boogiemen" tailored to the wishes of the two parties. A guy on another forum I frequent coined the greatest term for these "fake issues" foisted upon the fears of the shills, "Pink Flamingos".

Pink Flamingos: (n.) Tacky stuff that one side attempts to decorate the other´s house with.

They work, too.

The goal is to get you to listen to what they say, and ignore what they actually do. Works like a charm.

So while the press, the candidates and the people busied themselves talking about lapel pins, pigs, lipstick, whose daughter is pregnant, which house the Mercedes is parked at, and other complete nonesense, BOTH of these snakes voted to make it "legal" for
  • Everyone from feds to local cops to walk into your home when you're gone,
  • Go through anything they like,
  • Take what they like,
  • Tap all your electronics, and
  • Arrest your neighbor if they even tell you it happened.
Then they voted to make the phone & cable co's who helped do this previously, knowing damned well it was illegal, immunity from prosecution.
Quick Joke: One of these two actually calls himself a "Constitutional Scholar".

And BOTH of them voted to throw away an unlimited amount of your great grandchildren's money ($1.5 Trillion since Oct. 1 and counting), into a fake bailout scheme, that only bails out bankers who've contributed freely to both campaigns.

Finally, one voted to give the President permission to committ an act of war against another country (no Declaration, or evidence necessary), the other one didn't think it important enough to even show up to vote. 450 miles is such an inconvenience over trifles.

Seems to me I owe Dr. Roberts an apology, he's right:
"It may be true that the American people are no longer educated, or interested enough, to sustain a free society."
Now, where was I... oh yeah!

This country had a chance to have a genuine discussion about which way we'd go. But the candidates from each party with the courage to speak honestly were driven off by the parties, then the press, and finally the people D. Kucinich, and Ron Paul, old friends actually, could even have made a good ticket. A start at getting people to think beyond the two party facade.

Instead people retreated to their circle, and shouted at their fears.

What it appears that Obama is doing, is very effective. The common dismissal is that it only works on "weak and/or stupid minds" and everyone knows they aren't one of those. Funny.

Because when you read about how it works, it turns out the more educated, intelligent, aware kind of person you are, the better it works! The beauty of it is, done right, you'll defend what's planted like it was one of your own long held core values. Even when the person hasn't said anything meaningful at all.

Eli in MI; great pic! Here is what came to mind the second I saw it. it's a "Scenes from a Mall" clip.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #10
Fredkc
Project Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
NLP is on neurology and language.
NLP can be used for anything and on any subject.
It is the intention that counts.
Obama is a Moon in Gemini=====.good communication skills.
Don't get paranoide about anything.
I mean, ok he's a great communicator, but he has reneged on every single major platform of his campaign.

At what point does that become a factor?

And given that, just what is his campaign about?

He isn't Bush? Big Deal. he has promised, at one point or another, to support most of his efforts. where is this famous "change"?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 AM   #11
Lotus
Avalon Senior Member

This reminds me of many years ago attending a workshop with Tony Robbins in Honolulu where he announced he could get any woman in the room to fall in love with him using NLP techniques! Talk about scary. I never trusted him after that weekend.

I can only imagine that any leading figure in the political realm is probably aware of NLP as a means to create congruence.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote