Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 12:13 AM   #26
OceanWinds

Default Re: love will keep us alive

btw I am not trying to disrupt peace in the forum... or get anyone riled up. I enjoy a little debate every now and again though. Please do not take this personally... because its not about that. I am staying open... and gladly accept any thing that people might not agree with in my response acrora.

Quote:
It's easy to throw out platitudes like "love will keep us alive" and it's even easier to buy into them because it elimintates the pain of having to look at the reality and prepare.
This is the quote I was referring to acrora, not your other point. Here you stated that there is pain in reality, and preparing. Not everyone sees this the way you have chosen to, a person doesn't have to be in a state of fear to look at a given context and prepare for it. Every person has a choice to look at their future with fear, or with a positive confidence. Your choices and agreements are yours, and I you have every right to them. Just like everyone else.

Quote:
History is replete with martyrs. Yes, those martyrs live on in our thoughts and beliefs, but they are not physically alive.
History is full of people killed every day... for just about every reason you can think of. And you can think that everyone that has been killed for living love. But this is not the case... there have been many powerful instances where love has conquered.

IE... Ghandi taking back India from Britain without a single bullet. It doesn't get much more powerful than this example.

And there are cases where fear and hording only brought violence.

IE... Every famine in history. When the people starve, they will do anything to get bread. I would sooner work together with people, than deny them.... and end up fighting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcora View Post
And my point was that when one group entirely focused on survival runs across another group entirely focused on love, sparks will fly and love probably won't keep them alive.
Two groups focused entirely on survival probably will have sparks fly aswell. That doesnt mean we need give into fear and anger. Yes by all means be prepared, and take precautions for problems that could occur... because in desperate times people are very unpredictable. But this doesn't mean we cannot also extend a hand and try to help the other group.

In fact by extending a hand, and working together... it might prevent a conflict from happening, because the other group wont feel the need to fight to get their needs met. They may wanna fight anyway... but in that case nothing can be done but to defend. Again preparedness doesnt mean fear... it just means being prepared.

Quote:
Love does not keep the physical body alive. The physical body needs food, water and oxygen. To believe anything else is naive in my opinion.
Are you sure about this... because there are many people world wide who live on nothing but prana and air. Yeah it takes them time... but they do it, and scientists have studied a few of them. Many saints lived on nothing but the communion host... and many yogi lived without food aswell. (Inedia, Breathairian) Perhaps its naive to think the body needs food...

Just look at a tree. Take a small tree and put it in a pot of dirt that has been weighed. Allow the tree to grow large then pull it out of the dirt. Then weigh the dirt and pot again... and it will be exactly the same as first measurement. The same experiment has been done with babies... and yielded the same results.

In conclusion love does not mean naivety, and preparedness does not mean fear. Emotions are not subjective to specific conditions... and are a choice.

Thankyou