Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #1
Carol
Project Avalon Hero

Default Yellowstone Eruption Days Away?

I spotted this on another forum...

http://www.moneyteachers.org/Yellowstone2.htm

The current earthquake swarm at Yellowstone can now be called the longest and most eventful in modern history. I include the following snapshot from today's reports:

MAP 3.2 2010/02/03 03:49:42 60.680 -147.235 22.4 SOUTHERN ALASKA
MAP 2.6 2010/02/03 03:25:17 44.561 -110.949 5.6 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING
MAP 2.8 2010/02/03 02:44:13 44.561 -110.947 5.4 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING
MAP 3.1 2010/02/03 02:31:47 44.559 -110.944 8.7 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING
MAP 5.2 2010/02/03 02:18:27 -58.953 -25.695 35.0 SOUTH SANDWICH ISLANDS REGION
MAP 2.5 2010/02/03 02:13:19 44.561 -110.943 0.5 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING MAG

of these quakes is being under-reported, the more important issue of depth of these quakes is being ignored. They have been closer and closer to the surface. Starting at about 15 kilometers deep a few weeks ago to an average of 5 kilometers deep today. From 10 kilometers deep on 1/27 to 5 kilometers deep today:

MAP 3.1 2010/01/27 19:52:17 44.572 -110.963 10.0 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING
MAP 3.1 2010/01/27 19:35:19 52.031 175.780 41.8 RAT ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA
MAP 5.1 2010/01/27 19:00:33 -7.126 125.108 528.7 KEPULAUAN BARAT DAYA, INDONESIA
MAP 5.9 2010/01/27 18:49:33 13.684 125.440 24.7 PHILIPPINE ISLANDS REGION
MAP 2.9 2010/01/27 18:28:23 44.572 -110.968 10.1 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING

Because the resistance to pressure decreases as with the amount of mass between the the magma and the earth's surface, it would be safe to project an eruption in a matter of days, or a few weeks. What remains to be seen is the nature of this eruption and whether or not it will be localized or Biblical in proportion. Maybe something in between.

"In the dream/vision that I had of the event, it seemed that the eruption was major, but not cataclysmic, An ash cone was built up that was 3-5 times larger than Mt. Saint Helens. What struck me the most is the amount of ash in the air and the effect it had on our climate in the US. Winter was extended into spring and massive amounts of precipitation dropped mammoth amounts of snow in the Rocky mountain states and rain elsewhere.

One thing I would definitely recommend is buying painters "masks" to filter out the ash and have enough food on hand for a few weeks. A water purifier and some bottled water would not be a bad idea. Your hot water heater can serve as an emergency source of water as well. Bleach can be used to kill bacteria in the water (a few drops, not the whole bottle).

A snow shovel to clear driveways and walking areas is also not a bad idea.

In my dream/vision, no dates were given, all I saw was the event. To read my previous article on Yellowstone and the Book of Revelation, Click Here.
Because the resistance to pressure decreases as with the amount of mass between the the magma and the earth's surface, it would be safe to project an eruption in a matter of days, or a few weeks. What remains to be seen is the nature of this eruption and whether or not it will be localized or Biblical in proportion. Maybe something in between.

In the dream/vision that I had of the event, it seemed that the eruption was major, but not cataclysmic, An ash cone was built up that was 3-5 times larger than Mt. Saint Helens. What struck me the most is the amount of ash in the air and the effect it had on our climate in the US. Winter was extended into spring and massive amounts of precipitation dropped mammoth amounts of snow in the Rocky mountain states and rain elsewhere.

One thing I would definitely recommend is buying painters "masks" to filter out the ash and have enough food on hand for a few weeks. A water purifier and some bottled water would not be a bad idea. Your hot water heater can serve as an emergency source of water as well. Bleach can be used to kill bacteria in the water (a few drops, not the whole bottle).

A snow shovel to clear driveways and walking areas is also not a bad idea.

In my dream/vision, no dates were given, all I saw was the event. To read my previous article on Yellowstone and the Book of Revelation, Click Here."

http://www.moneyteachers.org/images/...ldera_map2.jpg

http://www.moneyteachers.org/Yellowstone.htm

In Recent Posts, we have discussed the 7 seals in the Book of Revelation and how they represent the 7,000 years of the earth's temporal existence. Of primary interest is the opening of the 6th seal which is defined as the beginning of the 6th Thousand Years:

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became
black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; (Revelation: 6)

As I have also stated previously, this earthquake would have to be so immense that it was felt throughout the entire world. I also believe that this earthquake would cause the formation of a volcano so immense that its belching forth of smoke and lava would cause the sun to wear black during the daytime and the earth to appear as if it is bathed in blood.

"The Yellowstone Caldera is the volcanic caldera in Yellowstone National Park in the United States. The caldera is located in the northwest corner of Wyoming, in which the vast majority of the park is contained. The major features of the caldera measure about 34 miles (55 km) by 45 miles (72 km) as determined by geological field work conducted by Bob Christiansen of the United States Geological Survey in the 1960s and 1970s. After a BBC television science program (Horizon) coined the term supervolcano in 2000, it has often been referred to as the Yellowstone Supervolcano."

continued at above link...

Last edited by Carol; 02-08-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #2
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Yellowstone Eruption Days Away?

I certainly hope this doesn't happen. I just can't see it happening for some reason. Not to discount your visions though.

I have asthma so I'd probably need to stock up on inhalers in case ANY major event happens that affects air quality.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #3
Greetings
Avalon Senior Member

Since the media coined the "SuperVolcano" term, most people when talking of yellowstone and "caldera/volcano/magma/etc." generally assume mass cataclysm the entire caldera goes up in an instant type scenario.

I don't think that'll happen. If/When it erupts, i think it'll be big on volcano standards, but it wont obliterate all life on earth (cause thats what would happen if the entire caldera went up).

Been talking to a lot of lucid dreamers and the dreams are lookin' up for yellastone. We'll see.

P.S. Does anyone know if hankerchiefs or other conventional methods will filter ash from the air?
Greetings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Here is some interesting information

Lake Taupo In the north Island Of New Zealand... approx 26,500 years ago

Interesting read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Taupo.

Last edited by Ross H; 02-08-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #5
Aztar
Avalon Senior Member

Wanna take a ride?
S.R. Hadden (Contact)
Aztar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:28 AM   #6
raulduke
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greetings View Post
P.S. Does anyone know if hankerchiefs or other conventional methods will filter ash from the air?
If it were just smoke, a wet handkerchief would suffice in a pinch as an improvised air filter, but with volcanic ash, as I undertsand it, it's extremely fine particles that are very sharp and could create serious respiratory problems if inhaled.

If you're in the volcanic ash variety pinch and have that Mcguyver spirit......

Improvised gas mask

Of course you'd need to find a way to plug your nose.
raulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #7
THE eXchanger
Avalon Senior Member

from 1/22/2010 (can't find the website- it came from)

More Than a 1,000 Earthquakes Rattle Yellowstone Park

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK – Since Friday morning, 1,033 earthquakes were recorded as part of a swarm of quakes to hit Yellowstone National Park.

The activity is centered about half-way between Old Faithful and West Yellowstone, Montana.

Ten of the earthquakes have been magnitude 3.0 or greater. The strongest was a 3.8 magnitude late Wednesday evening.

These larger quakes have been felt by people in Old Faithful, West Yellowstone, Canyon, Mammoth Hot Springs, Grant Village, Madison, and Gardiner.

No damage or injuries have been reported.

Scientists are confident the swarm is not a result of an increase in volcanic activity in Yellowstone. Rather, they attribute the quake activity to the shifting and changing of pressures in the earth's crust.

Yellowstone averages about 1,600 earthquakes a year and recorded 1,652 earthquakes in 2009.

A continually updated map and list of earthquakes in Yellowstone is available online at http://www.seis.utah.edu/req2webdir/...llowstone.html.

More information on the Yellowstone volcano and the park's geothermal systems can be found on the Greater Yellowstone Science Learning Center web site http://www.greateryellowstonescience.org.

comments:

DArgyll
I suspect that the explosion and the ash will mostly go east, as the caldera has been moving that way for who knows how long? But if it should go off, you're right about no car being fast enough to get away. We wouldn't even have enough time to put our heads between our legs and ...
January-25-10, 9:14:54 PM

Robert Ricks
No kiddin, this thing blows there is no car fast enough to save anyone. The ash would be 20 plus foot deep depending on wind direction. Anyone within 100 miles just better kiss it goodbye cause this thing will make all volcanic eruptions in writen history look like play time.
January-25-10, 12:41:18 AM

IDArgyll
Gonna get a lot worse - better get prepared.
January-23-10, 7:32:40 PM

i haven't had any dreams about this
~although, i did go there once on a trip
in 1968/and, i did NOT like it there
(that was back, when i was about 9 1/2 years old)
~i was so relieved, to be leaving the park,
likely it was related to a past-life experience,
in a place like that, that blew up
(i didn't want to even get out of the car)
funny, that i'd remember that !!!
THE eXchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

Thank you carol, for this update, I sincerly hope she doesn't blow, let's hope for a good venting, however the data just suggest that she is getting ready to dance.
Many thx
Love m x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
AscendingStarseed
Avalon Senior Member

Thank you for this post..I suspect the activity in Yellowstone is related to the overall increase in earthquake activity globally. The areas around the Pacific Ring of Fire, which includes the Pacific NW, California and Oregon have been increasingly active lately. Hopefully all the activity isn't a sign Yellowstone will blow, just that it's reacting to whatever everything else is reacting to...

Which obviously has to do w/something going on in the solar system, whether that's an incoming planet/dwarf sun or the gravitational affect emanating from the galactic plane is anyone's guess. But something is causing perturbations here on Earth as well as other planets in the solar system.

Hopefully this is as bad as it will get and whatever is causing the perturbations won't aggravate the situation to the point where Yellowstone blows her top
AscendingStarseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #10
viking
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Carol you have done it again...your sychonous button is working full tilt!!

same here..
http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=19491

Hey , if she goes look to the skies!!...because thats the only ticket you'll have!!!

viking
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
morguana
Project Avalon Moderator

exchanger thank you for this link http://www.greateryellowstonescience.org/index.php

i wonder if there has been an increase in geothermic, tectonic activity around the other super volcano calderas? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supervolcano, anyone have any data?
love
m x

the way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart

forum guidlines

Avalon Chat

Last edited by morguana; 02-08-2010 at 01:10 PM.
morguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #12
Myplanet2
In The Mists

I'd like to see any comments from Ranger Smith, on the activities of the animals in the park. If they are packing their bags, It's probably a good idea to pay closer attention. There are definitely earth changes ongoing, and very possibly on the rise.

Gaia specifically warned me that playing "wait and see" on coastal areas was kind of unwise for the next couple of years. She's trying to control and channel her contractions into unpopulated areas, but doesn't fully control the process anymore. Her last direct communication to me was just about a month ago.
Myplanet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Well I just got back from snowmobiling around yellowstone this past saturday . Only a few of the locals have felt a few quakes, the local newspaper says it's not the magma that causing the quakes , it's actually the tectonic plates that are moving causing the quakes. Animal activity is very normal there , saw plenty of moose, eagles, wolves, and hens. I can first hand say they are more interested in eating than anything else. This is my annual trip out there and this is the 15th year I have been out there . I would say no worries right now , if it was the magma causing the quakes I would be worried but thats not the case, it appears to me it's just the magnetics getting less that are allowing the plates to move which is going to be the norm around the world in the next few years. There you have it , first hand reporting from team avalon 8 days in west yellowstone.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #14
FIIISH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
There you have it , first hand reporting from team avalon 8 days in west yellowstone.
Much thanks Pyrangello. That is reassuring to hear.

Sounds like a fun trip!

Former Michigander here.
FIIISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #15
pyrangello
Avalon Senior Member

Fish, yea it is a great trip, there are 600 miles of snow trails outside of the park on the western side of yellowstone. And then there is all the mountians and the riding in those areas, I'm a pretty good rider even at 47 yrs. Getting up 10,000 ft and riding in 4-6 ft of powder jumping from one snow drift to another is like riding in a 1000 pillows. Its a rush . Got thrown off the sled twice this year, luckily into powder and not a rock. Found one new place to ride this year , 35 miles way back in the mountains, a little log cabin pub you can only get to by sled. Was that cool. Lots of wolves, elk population is down 50% because of that but it will balance out eventually.

The snowfall this year is down 50% but theres still a bunch there . Don't ride much here in mich.so I get it all out of my system in 8 days out west.
pyrangello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #16
gscraig
Avalon Senior Member

Hello Carol/All,

Would you know or be able to provide the yearly progression of the quakes recorded at Yellowstone? What I mean is if say in 2009, we recorded 1,652 during the course of 2009 (95 more than average) how many of these were say,...In the first quarter of the year, the second, third, fourth?

This would be telling data based on it being currently at 1,033, we can see when did it reach 1,033 last year in comparison or even the year before that. When did it hit 1,600 compared to the annual average in prior year, before going over ultimately reaching the 1652. That will tell us how significant of an increase we are looking at, how fast, and may provide some predictive indicators for the remainder of the year.

I can research myself, but it seems as if this data may easily be more accessible to you or those whom have been accessing and reading it already.

Thanks in advance
gscraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #17
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

I sometimes wonder if theres a guy down in the mix of it, who is trying to warn everyone. Dante's Peak Style.

Ive watched Hollywood for to long.

peace
Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
waitinginthewings
Avalon Senior Member

The swarm was approx 2 weeks ago & yellowstone is now peaceful again. It was a bit tense at times......but here is a seismograph showing how quite it is today. It updates regularly. But if you bookmark it & want to check it from time to time, just click your refresh icon.
http://www.quake.utah.edu/helicorder/ymr_webi.htm

From everything I have read from a variety of experts on the subject, they are saying it mostly tectonic.

Edit: here is a link for the quakes in the yellowstone area. current page is showing Feb. 2010....

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...2.-110_eqs.php

Here is the link to a live stream webcam for yellowstone. I have seen bison here since the swarm began.....this camera is fairly new & pan around the entire area. Its pretty cool actually.

http://www.nps.gov/PWR/customcf/apps...?parkcode=yell

Last edited by waitinginthewings; 02-08-2010 at 04:44 PM.
waitinginthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:01 PM   #19
Jack
Avalon Senior Member

Please look away now if you value highly your mortal coil.

Anti-fear mongering warning. The video below can inflict fear on the spiritually unprepared but may be slighlty entertaining to those who have accepted their immortality.

Viewer discretion is advised.

Last edited by Jack; 02-08-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #20
Steven
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinginthewings View Post
...I have seen bison here since the swarm began...
If bisons stayed in the swarm, then we can rest assure, nature talks...

Namaste, Steven
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote