Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Default The Bionic Burger

Whilst organic farms come under increasing pressure, Codex Alimentarius goes into force in Europe and big pharma sits on the govermental boards meant to protect us, this Unfood goes from strength to strength.

and if you havent seen the world according to monsanto, its worth a watch, heres link,

http://www.youtube.com/SayNo2GMO#p/f/13/hErvV5YEHkE
aroundthetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: The Bionic Burger

I am going to have to call BS on the list of ingredients. They just took the chemical names for some commercial professional level pesticides and slapped them in there. If they actually put those pesticides in those burgers people that eat them every day would be on the floor of the McD's convulsing and foaming at the mouth. Moreover, those chemicals are not cheap and your 0.89 cent hamburger would cost about 10 bucks each in order to make a profit.

Trust me when I tell you can not even mix some of those ingredients together in liquid form without them reacting and coagulating. I know because I was a professional golf course superintendent for quite some time.

Chloropyrifos and Chloropyrifos-methyl are neurotoxic insecticides.

DDT has not been produced anywhere in the world for over 20 years.

Diazinon is not even produced anywhere in the world anymore and has been outlawed by the EPA because someone accidentally killed a flock of geese with it by spraying a lake bank right before a huge rain storm. It was also an neurotoxic insecticide.

Dicamba is a close cousin of Agent Orange, with one huge exception. It lacks the carbon chain that enables it to latch onto living organic material (your body). It has similar aspects in that it defoliates plant material by rupturing the cell walls.

Iprodione is a fungicide that has very low toxicity levels and is essential in the production of some crops in adverse environmental conditions.

I call B.S. on the whole thing. I dare anyone to replicate the results of those "experiments"

I know that in perfect world no one would ever have to use pesticides like the ones listed above. However, if you tried to grow all produce organically insects and fungus would pretty much wipe out over half or more of the crops. People do not want to hear that.

However, there are only a few places in the world that have environmental conditions that are favorable for pure organic gardening. Green houses being one of them.

I actually do my best to eat organic food. Not because I am afraid of the pesticides in it. More so because organic fertilizer results in a much more complete amino acid profile in the plant tissue which makes it better nutrients.

Yes the big Chemical companies where all started by Nazi paper clip scientists and the old school pesticides like the ones listed above where actually derived by dialing back the efficacy of some failed Nazi chemical warfare research. With the exception of a few of these, most of them have been phased out by the EPA.

Many of them have been replaced with chemicals that are enzyme specific to only one insect. Or they only target one specific fungus. The trend is actually away from the shotgun approach because of pressure from environmentalists which is good.

Do I think that companies like BASF, Dow, Monsanto and etc are up to no good with their monopolization of Round Up ready crops and patents on plant genetics? Hell yes I do.

Do I think that many more of the people in the world would starve to death if we attempted to grow everything organically? Absolutely, without a doubt!
tone3jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

tone3jaguar - what about food farming companies that grow in countries without the same laws, then sell in the USA ?
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Interesting tonejaguar but this was from the fda and im sure they have qualified chemists.

Any food that doesnt rot after a few days is all the evidence i need, this freak food last 13 years and you call the whole thing bs? You 'dare' anyone to replicate the experiments?!! Buy a burger and try for yourself, simple. You also might want to inform yourself further by checking out the film Supersize me.

STOP POISONING US. Boycott all BS food.

Last edited by aroundthetable; 02-18-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by no caste View Post
tone3jaguar - what about food farming companies that grow in countries without the same laws, then sell in the USA ?
Good question, I can only go on what I know. Everyone buys their chemicals (including the US companies) from firms that produce them in Israel. The chemicals are the same chemistries no matter where you go.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthetable View Post
Interesting tonejaguar but this was from the fda and im sure they have qualified chemists.

Any food that doesnt rot after a few days is all the evidence i need, this freak food last 13 years and you call the whole thing bs?

STOP POISONING US. Boycott all BS food.
Because the only evidence to back it up is a guy telling a story and some low resolution pics of burgers that could have been bought 2 days before the pics where taken. The whole thing in my opinion is being hoaxed.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Moreover, the chemicals listed are not preservatives and have a life span of about 24 hours in the environment before the carbon chains that make them up start breaking down due to microbial break down. You can spray the soil with Chlorophyfyfos and go back 24 hours later, take a soil sample, have it tested and come up empty for that chemical. No way it would last in a burger more than 12 hours or so after the burger puddy was mixed up.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

tone3jag, you may be onto something here, if that list of chemicals is a lie, then they must be filling that stuff with something we dont know about, something that makes food last 13 + years. This experiment has already been done in the film supersize me. Many other groups have also done extensive research on this freak food. So what exactly are they using tht would cause such unnatural results?

Well spotted tone3, look forward to hearing your own research on this.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
tone3jaguar
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthetable View Post
tone3jag, you may be onto something here, if that list of chemicals is a lie, then they must be filling that stuff with something we dont know about, something that makes food last 13 + years. This experiment has already been done in the film supersize me. Many other groups have also done extensive research on this freak food. So what exactly are they using tht would cause such unnatural results?

Well spotted tone3, look forward to hearing your own research on this.
The world oldest food preservative, Sodium Chloride (table salt). That is how all food was preserved before the invention of the exotic preservatives. Anyone want some beef jerky?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
aroundthetable
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone3jaguar View Post
The world oldest food preservative, Sodium Chloride (table salt). That is how all food was preserved before the invention of the exotic preservatives. Anyone want some beef jerky?
Very witty, and yes im sure amongst other things their is enough salt in those things to preserve a mummy (and kill one) nevertheless, the list still stands, it is also independantly coroborated in a documentary called supersizeme, have you seen it?

Ill pass on the beef jerky thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #11
no caste
Avalon Senior Member

Follow the story of salt and get the history of civilization

Just had a thought. Brazil - if you look at mass beef production - and McDonalds. A lot of soya is grown there, too. Even if the environmental laws prohibit xyz, there's still bribery and corruption to consider as possibilities. A lot of these folks just get their way, especially if say government security apparatus is involved, e.g. Cheney's private hit squads.

I'm not saying, just putting it out here.

WITNESS STATEMENT:

name: George Monbiot
section: Environment
for: The Defence
experience: Writer, broadcaster anad academic

There are well-documented cases of torture, rape and unlawful imprisonment by ranchers and their gunmen trying to push people off their lands: I have interviewed some of the victims of these abuses. In several cases ranches have been discovered which are staffed entirely by manacled slaves....

Indirectly, soya plantations have displaced enormous numbers of peasant farmers. The soya farmers have expelled the peasants by a number of means: gunmen have been sent into their villages to drive them away; their houses have been burnt down; titles to their land have been obtained by fraudulent means; the agroindustrialists have monopolised supplies of agricultural credits and funds for infrastructural development. The land of the peasants is ploughed for soya production, destroying the diversity of microhabitats they protected and replacing them with uniform fields....

Brazil provides approximately one third of Europe's soya needs. The principal exporters of Brazilian soya include Cargill USA, Continental Grain USA, Bunge USA, Dreyfuss France and Toepfer.
http://www.mcspotlight.org/people/wi...ot_george.html

My guess the soy product is Monsanto, but I haven't researched it yet.
no caste is offline   Reply With Quote