Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Health / Alternative Medicine

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Allergies! My nose is a waterfall!

Okay, so I know this is a big sign for a wanderer and all, but I can't function with them, or at least when it gets to this level.

Anyways, my immune system is better than almost anyone I know. In the last ten plus years (which is like since middle school btw) I've gotten strep throat 4 times, and one random illness that we never knew what it was. I also had gastroparysis which is a serious stomach disorder that I had for about a year but thankfully recovered from. Anyways, I've never had the common cold or flu from what I know of. I expose myself to all kinds of sicknesses all the time, sharing food with people who have contagious sicknesses. Never ever get sick. I just keep a good distance from people with strep throat. Only thing I could think about this is maybe with my throat chakra and having troubling communicating all my life (Mayan calendar it's my challenge power).

Anyways, I've had allergies all my life and use to be lactose and tolerant, as I sorta grew out of it, but having been staying away from milk as is cause I consider it the number one cause to my acne (which is doing so much better btw, also thanks to Reiki).

I was having a teaspoon of local honey this summer in my tea each morning and that helped with my on and off allergies that are really mild and absolutely no problem to live with. However, late fall and early spring each year I get a week of major allergy attacks and my nose does not stop running. I mean it does not stop! I've used a box of tissues alone yesterday, and I can't go to class like this. It also causes a low grade sore throat from mucus drip.

I just hooked up my air filter in my room that I hope may help me sleep, and plan on getting some of that honey later. But anyways, the allergists never could figure out what I was allergic too, but most likely just ragweed.

I tried allegra as a kid, but it would give me dizzy attacks (which is an uncommon side effect to it, and not cool if you're driving). During these attacks I take Loratadine (Claritin) and Sudafed usually. I wasn't planning on taking them this time as I haven't taken any medication except a muscle relaxer this year due to a serious muscle spasm I got from performing (dance), also due to my contempt for traditional medicine. But alas I gave in. Also took some benedryl when I went to sleep last night.

So I was wondering if anyone had any insight to my problem, what might be the real cause of it, other remedies, and how can I use reiki to resolve it? I don't feel like I can "tell" my body to heal itself cause it feels like an incompatibility with my environment. Thanks!
GregorArturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Allergies! My nose is a waterfall!

S'il vous plait?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
DiVineEnvy
Avalon Senior Member

Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg works for me with no drowsy side effects. Two tablets for severe allergy attacks. Walgreens has a house brand called Wal-finate.

For a natural cure, try stinging nettle (Urtica dioica). Sounds like you are already onto locally made honey which is excellent also.

This may be a bit off topic, but for the flip side of running nose, Sinulsalia - a homeopathic remedy for sinus congestion made by Boiron works well for me.

Last edited by DiVineEnvy; 11-10-2008 at 10:58 PM.
DiVineEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiVineEnvy View Post
Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4 mg works for me with no drowsy side effects. Two tablets for severe allergy attacks. Walgreens has a house brand called Wal-finate.

Also, for a natural cure, try stinging nettle (Urtica dioica).
Thank you! How does one go about preparing stinging needle. I am assuming turn it into a tea?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #5
DiVineEnvy
Avalon Senior Member

I have only taken stinging nettle in capsule form, but I hear that a strong tea is more effective:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2070630_trea...ng-nettle.html

Last edited by DiVineEnvy; 11-11-2008 at 12:42 AM.
DiVineEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:20 AM   #6
ralok_j
Avalon Senior Member

I know a couple of people that swear a neti pot is a cure all.
ralok_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:40 AM   #7
Ampgod
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
Okay, so I know this is a big sign for a wanderer and all, but I can't function with them, or at least when it gets to this level.

Anyways, my immune system is better than almost anyone I know. In the last ten plus years (which is like since middle school btw) I've gotten strep throat 4 times, and one random illness that we never knew what it was. I also had gastroparysis which is a serious stomach disorder that I had for about a year but thankfully recovered from. Anyways, I've never had the common cold or flu from what I know of. I expose myself to all kinds of sicknesses all the time, sharing food with people who have contagious sicknesses. Never ever get sick. I just keep a good distance from people with strep throat. Only thing I could think about this is maybe with my throat chakra and having troubling communicating all my life (Mayan calendar it's my challenge power).

Anyways, I've had allergies all my life and use to be lactose and tolerant, as I sorta grew out of it, but having been staying away from milk as is cause I consider it the number one cause to my acne (which is doing so much better btw, also thanks to Reiki).

I was having a teaspoon of local honey this summer in my tea each morning and that helped with my on and off allergies that are really mild and absolutely no problem to live with. However, late fall and early spring each year I get a week of major allergy attacks and my nose does not stop running. I mean it does not stop! I've used a box of tissues alone yesterday, and I can't go to class like this. It also causes a low grade sore throat from mucus drip.

I just hooked up my air filter in my room that I hope may help me sleep, and plan on getting some of that honey later. But anyways, the allergists never could figure out what I was allergic too, but most likely just ragweed.

I tried allegra as a kid, but it would give me dizzy attacks (which is an uncommon side effect to it, and not cool if you're driving). During these attacks I take Loratadine (Claritin) and Sudafed usually. I wasn't planning on taking them this time as I haven't taken any medication except a muscle relaxer this year due to a serious muscle spasm I got from performing (dance), also due to my contempt for traditional medicine. But alas I gave in. Also took some benedryl when I went to sleep last night.

So I was wondering if anyone had any insight to my problem, what might be the real cause of it, other remedies, and how can I use reiki to resolve it? I don't feel like I can "tell" my body to heal itself cause it feels like an incompatibility with my environment. Thanks!
Try (MMS) Miracle Mineral Supplement .
I have had terrible allergies all my life.
Especially in October , November & December.
I am taking the MMS currently for a virus but found my allergies have disappeared almost totally!
Just start low in dose and work up until allergies are gone.

PS. Pills are a joke!

Peace,
Ampgod
Ampgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:30 AM   #8
BeaTnik-BandiT
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorArturo View Post
S'il vous plait?
Hey ! Quebec province borders are much wider than i thought !

Solution: lots and lots of pure organic honey and cinnamon (organic non-irradiated).
Honey is nature's perfect food.

Take care !
BeaTnik-BandiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:37 AM   #9
GregorArturo
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaTnik-BandiT View Post
Hey ! Quebec province borders are much wider than i thought !

Solution: lots and lots of pure organic honey and cinnamon (organic non-irradiated).
Honey is nature's perfect food.

Take care !
Merci beaucoup! Oui, Maine est un peu francais.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:48 AM   #10
elsinorelore
Avalon Senior Member

Hey GregorArturo, well, I was going to suggest the same thing, Local Honey. My daughter used to have really bad allergies, which shes pretty much grown out of now, and my Homeopath suggested Local Honey. Ive also started (2 years now) on Propolis, and bee pollen.(also local) but it might not be easy to find them locally? Ask, where you get your local honey, if they make those also, since theyre both made from honey. My guy makes his propolis from the wine he makes out of his honey. And what DiVineEnvy suggested about the stinging nettle is also spot on! Shoot we pick it and steep it into a tea, or you can blanch it and eat it as a salad (or like a spinach) We only blanch it to get rid of the sting! Stinging Nettle is fantastic for so many things, and is loaded with wonderful stuff, just google it. Teas here are a big deal, we drink different kinds to help with just about everything, a good nasal and sinus combo Ive found is;
Boneset(aerial part)
Lemon verbena(leaves)
Sage(leaves)
Catnip(aerial part)
Peppermint(leaves)
Yarrow(flowers)
Horehound(aerial part)
Along with vitamin C
Im no chemist or herbalist, so check the labels on your herbs for tea dosages. Herbs, like anything else must be used the right ways, as Im sure you know. All the best, and hope you stop dripping!ha
elsinorelore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM   #11
whitecrow
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralok_j View Post
I know a couple of people that swear a neti pot is a cure all.
Yes! Get a neti pot and use it daily. I also have some nasal allergies that drive me crazy, especially in the winter. Neti eliminates the problem entirely.

With a neti pot you rinse away pollen, dust, fungus, bacteria and other allergens and irritants from the sinus. Normally you use salt water (warm). Once a week or so in cold season I use a few drops of grapefruit seed extract instead of salt in the water. For severe irritation you could use colloidal silver.

Someone gave me a neti pot and it sat around for two years. The first time I used it was an "Oh, wow!" moment...I've used it every day since.
whitecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #12
DoctorJac
Avalon Senior Member

I would suggest that the sinuses are not the problem. It is a hypersensitive immune system. While it may seem that the immune system is working great, it appears that you are likely in a state of hyper-irritability/inflammation which brings you closer to the threshold of symptoms. So at this point, being close to that threshold, it isn't taking much to put you pretty far over the edge into full immune response to a generally non-noxious stimulus.

Many immune responses such as yours originate in the digestive tract. With your history of significant digestive problems, even though the emergent symptoms have resolved, there can be longer term consequences. Some of which are protein digestion issues. If proteins do not get broken down properly they, because of their size (large molecules) can have a damaging effect on the lumen of the intestines, making them more permeable to toxins, destroying the nutrient absorbing villi, and allowing large molecules to "leak" into the lymphatics and circulatory system as a whole. So it's possible to take nutrition and not be able to absorb it in a way the body can use, and it's possible that your food can be "mistaken" for an invading organism as it leaks through the intestinal wall.

As this happens it can trigger massive immune system responses which can bring some people into full auto-immune dysfunction, and others (such as yourself) just to the threshold of symptoms, where a little exposure to a trigger begins the nasal (and histamines in general) cascade.

It's more complex than that, but that's the general idea. While it's not a bad idea to take some of the suggestions here, as they may help with your symptoms; it's my opinion that the symptoms may be giving us a picture of what may be going on a deeper level, and should be investigated to ensure proper resolution.

One useful test would be a intestinal permeability test, and another would be a liver clearance test...just to see what's what, and then move on from there.

...my 3 cents.
DoctorJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #13
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

Cold showers cured me of my pollen allergies. http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=7313
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #14
mpea
Avalon Senior Member

Suggest you go see a homeopathic practioner; all disease, allergies are an inbalance of energy. In the meantime, try an infusion of pure organic nettle tea. Also check out the possibility of buying an ioniser, I couldn't exist without mine. I have one bought from a company in Oz (Google Joshua Shaw), you can programme the ioniser especially to give out the correct level of negative ions to deal with allergies. also get some quality sleep and try not to stress over anything.
Hope this all helps, keep safe
Mpea (Cambs UK)
mpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allergy reiki