Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Australia and New Zealand

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #1
MONITOR
Avalon Senior Member

Default 2012 Movie

Just watched the movie 2012. Just wanted everyones opinion on the movie. I personnally felt I watched another Mission Impossible movie..... very dissapointed! the graphics were impressive but the acting and storyline was poor.

Last edited by MONITOR; 11-20-2009 at 05:52 AM.
MONITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
P4BL0
Banned

Talking Re: 2012 Movie

Last edited by P4BL0; 11-14-2009 at 04:07 AM.
P4BL0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
MONITOR
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: 2012 Movie

Quote:
Interesting was the Power Elite building the ark ships.
I was thinking I rather die here that survive with a bunch of greedy self righteous loosers.
yes! what ticked me off is the scene were the queen boarded the ark ship with her two dogs...felt like kicking her royal butt...
Old 11-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #4
MONITOR
Avalon Senior Member

HTML Code:
We (or at least I, Bill: I await Kerry's review with interest) do not recommend the latest Roland Emmerich disaster movie and unintended comedy, 2012. A better investment would have been G-Force - a kid's story about a covert program using guinea pigs for espionage. It would have been more realistic.

Emmerich spent $250 million and didn’t check how high the Drakensberg Mountains were, didn’t know what the North Face of Everest really looked like, and failed to locate a high school physics student to ask whether or not neutrinos “mutate”, whether cellphones would still work when solar storms destablize the Earth's core, and whether light planes can fly through clouds of volcanic ash. And that’s before we get started on the plot, the script, the acting, and the logic and/or impossibility of almost every scene. The best online review I read suggested that casting John Cusack in the lead role was like reciting Shakespearean sonnets at a pie-eating contest. Exactly. 

But here's one reason to see it: to figure out why this has been released. Like his previous bad-news epics, Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow, 2012 turns serious questions into poorly-made and badly-researched comedic entertainment - implanting into the minds of millions that such issues are trivial, ridiculous, impossible, and laughable - and that alternative radio show hosts like 2012's Charlie (played by Woody Harrelson) are unhinged, half-crazed caricatures with little grip on reality. A real-life Charlie would suspect that Emmerich had been told to make the movie the way he did...

Leaner, slicker, faster, and infinitely smarter is the Jason Bourne trilogy. I recently watched them one after the other, riveted from start to finish: these are by far the most realistic espionage movies ever made, featuring the fierce intelligence, humanity and angst of a highly trained, amnesiac Duncan O'Finioan-type super-soldier on a personal mission to discover who he really is - containing no special effects at all. Roland Emmerich: quit now, with the box office takings in your pocket. 
--Bill
Well said Bill Ryan!....I myself didn't give it the thumbs up nor thumbs down
but simply the middle finger
Old 11-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

I knew this movie was going to be a P.O.S from the beginning.

Such **** is trivial and deserves none of our attention.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
MONITOR
Avalon Senior Member

HTML Code:
I knew this movie was going to be a P.O.S from the beginning.

Such **** is trivial and deserves none of our attention.
I agree!...we are just feeding the beast!
Old 11-20-2009, 07:20 AM   #7
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

I didn't think it was worth the money that was spent to advertise it let alone what it cost to make. Thank goodness I didn't pay to watch it.

I confess to downloading it over a couple of nights and was peed off that I wasted a DVD. Still, maybe I can use it to scare birds from our vegie garden.
Brinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #8
MONITOR
Avalon Senior Member

HTML Code:
I didn't think it was worth the money that was spent to advertise it let alone what it cost to make. Thank goodness I didn't pay to watch it.

I confess to downloading it over a couple of nights and was peed off that I wasted a DVD. Still, maybe I can use it to scare birds from our vegie garden. 
Brinty, you are the wiseone!....but it just goes to show that curiosity kills the cat, or scare the birds away....
Old 11-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #9
Ross H
Project Avalon Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinty View Post

I havnt watched as yet, probably will at some stage?

Great to see you here again Brinty, we missed you

Peace always
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Greenberet
Avalon Senior Member

Well, in My opinion, this movie has the best special effects out there, and since they only want money, the people (most of them) dont really care about a "Credible Movie" that makes you think, whether its real or not.

The Script is very darn cheap same old same old, parent with a kid which its a rebel little "·$%& that doesn´t like his father, a hero of president that wnats to die for his country, blah bla blah.... the special effect too good, the reality too cheap (just like Bill told us). Thats 2 to 1.

Well, its another Independence day for me, and the sad news is... I paid for it....

I liked bill´s review, with a good and solid critics.

Love to you all..........
Greenberet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jross View Post

Great to see you here again Brinty, we missed you
Thank you jross, my medication has started working and I'm much better now. I no longer fall under the tables in the Avalon Lounge. I'm probably more likely to dance on them. It feels good to be back. I just need to rustle up some new jokes.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Good to see you posting Britny. Watching movies such as this...could help to prepare us for other horrors...not just one as extreme as the 2012 movie. I've been watching at least two or three episodes of 'Stargate SG1' every day...For Free! It's an excellent series. Alex Collier commented that he thought it contained a lot of truth. I'm going to watch all of the episodes...and then I'm going to rewatch them...and read between the lines...utilizing all of the information which I find on Avalon, Camelot, and other sites. There are numerous Google and YouTube videos which probably reveal information which causes insiders with Cosmic Clearances to blush (or turn white). I'm also liking the new 'V' series a lot. Disclosure is occurring daily. We just have to dig a little. I'm thinking that 'official disclosure' might be a bit anticlimactic...as it should be. Disclosure is probably right on schedule. 'Open thine eyes (and thy mind)...and thou shalt see.' Jesus said that he had many things to tell us...but we couldn't bear them. I think we may be learning these things presently. It's interesting...but it may be a very rough ride. Fasten your seatbelts!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 11-20-2009 at 05:22 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

It seems you all feel this film a big flop! I was going to watch this at the cinema but after reading what you have all put i think i will wait until it comes out on dvd.
Oxy you going to go through all stargate SGI now lol!! good luck! you'll have to keep us up to speed on all this.
I'm keeping track on flash forward series in the Uk another, for a minute everyone on the planet becomes unconsciounse in that time they have a flash forward of their future, behind the scenes dark agendas.
Have to wait and see what the outcome is.
Oxy are you watching the new stargate Universe?
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #14
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

Not yet JacquiD...but I will. I obviously don't believe a lot of what I'm seeing...but I think bits and pieces of truth get integrated into the fictional storyline. For example...on an episode of Stargate SG1 ('Fire and Water')...a Nommos-looking ET told Daniel Jackson that his wife had come to Earth to help us defeat the Goa Uld in ancient Babylon...but that she had failed...and that the Goa Uld were in us and among us. Are the Goa Uld really Draconian Interdimensional Reptilians? Are they in us and among us? Do they secretly rule over us? I'm crazy enough to think so. But what I really wonder...is if Extraterrestrial Humans have tasked the Dracs with ruling over us? Are the Dracs really the prison administration and prison guards on this Prison Planet? Jailbreak anyone? Keep digging! The Alarm! Damn! Go OJ Go!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron; 11-20-2009 at 06:24 PM.
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
Jacqui D
Avalon Senior Member

Oxy i don't think your crazy not by a long shot!
Are the goa'uld parasitic body takers? i keep my mind open to all. I would just like to say i have seen a few friends change before my eyes so perhaps!
It's the Jaffa which worry me because they are very similar to the predator looking entity.There meant to be human's from other planets but they are implanted with larval goa'uld symbiotes, to think these are humans that are controlled freaks me a little this was something like i saw.
Then of course we have the replicators, now they do freak me out,which can replicate within a few hours and breed into thousands, robotic type machines. Then the Ori, hm! wouldn't want to meet them down a dark alley either, you know i said on another thread i was ready for disclosure!!!!

GOA'ULD

The Goa'uld are serpent parasites that forcibly take human hosts, and possess a thirst for power and worship. They have enslaved countless worlds, using their inhabitants as hosts, soldiers, miners, and personal slaves. The Goa'uld have incredible regenerative abilities and are capable of living thousands of years in the body of a human host. The Goa'uld pose as various gods from Earth mythology, so that the masses (people whose ancestors were transplanted from Earth thousands of years ago) will follow and obey. The most powerful Goa'uld System Lord was Anubis. He was banished by the others because his actions were deemed unspeakable, even among the Goa'uld. The picture shows Anubis, for pictures of other Goa'uld click here. The Goa'uld made it into our sites Top 10 Villains

JAFFA

Slaves of the Goa'uld, the Jaffa are humans from many different worlds, most of whom have been implanted with larval Goa'uld symbiotes. Jaffa have a great sense of honour and nobility backing their oppressed history. Because of their genetic manipulation by the Goa'uld, Jaffa are forced to receive a symbiote upon reaching the Age of Prata (puberty), or die from a failing immune system. Without a symbiote, an adult Jaffa cannot survive more than a few hours.

REPLICATORS

Replicators are composed of hundreds of individual blocks, which are comprised of whatever substance the original Replicator has consumed. It takes only a few blocks to replicate new blocks, and in a few hours Replicators can breed into thousands. The Replicators seek and absorb advanced technology. Goa'uld technologies are too inferior and are incapable of stopping Replicators. The technologically advanced Asgard empire entered into war with the Replicators and resulted in a technological race. The Asgard have, on more than one occasion, come to Earth seeking help. The Replicators made it into this sites Top 10 Villains.

ORI

A race of ascended entities who demand the worship of mortal beings. The Ori were once the same civilization as the Ancients, but believed in religion, where the Ancients relied more heavily on science. Due to the origins of their ancestry the Ori believe they are the creators of human life. They use their ascension and knowledge of the universe as justification for praise and worship. They are still aware of the Ancients and shun them, for they abandoned the "path". The Ori conceived the Origin faith, one that puts them in the centre of creation, and wrote down their word in the Book of Origin to be administered to followers through Priors. The entire purpose of Origin is a lie, as the Ori do not actually offer enlightenment. This simple belief creates a transfer of energy from the worshipper to the Ori. Only by having beings believe and worship in them can the Ori thrive, feeding off this energy field. The Priors are not aware of this truth, but most are so programmed in Origin that they are hopelessly lost. The Ori made it into this sites Top 50 Villains.

PRIORS

Envoy of the Ori and teacher of Origin. Priors are governed by the Book of Origin, which they often carry with them to give to individuals or entire peoples. Priors have been given the secrets of the universe by the Ori to spread the word of their godliness. This gives them great strength. With a single look they can choke and kill, manipulate the wind or pin someone to the ground.

well there a few of the beings in stargate SGI fictional characters or could they be based on real beings?
Jacqui D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #16
Brinty
Avalon Senior Member

Reading some of the postings in this thread makes me wonder if there are more than one 2012 movie. Anybody know if there is?
Old 11-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #17
burgundia
Avalon Senior Member

I"ve just watched the first 147 minutes. Boring....
burgundia is offline   Reply With Quote