Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Global Ground Crew Networking > Europe > UK

Notices

Old 09-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #26
izz
Banned

Default Re: safe areas in the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineal-pilot-in merkabah View Post
just a thought, people ought to check the position of all nuclear and military installations in GB. im assuming if there is a nuke attack it will be onthose spots first?
plymouth is the only nuclear location [ subs live there ] in england maybe britain am not sure
izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #27
ICF_Wax
Avalon Senior Member

Outside of the UK, I would Choose Ireland.

BTW Mountain/Wilderness in UK is where you FIND the Militery before you all go stomping up to Scotland. Plus if somthing bad happens around me I don't think that I would want to run Anyway. I'd be far more interested in using my capacity's in other ways. Like rebuilding and regrouping people, in the chaos, nothing will be-fall me that isnt ment too.

Looking at good places to make a stand. Building strong Comunitys. As far as hiding goes its Much easyier to hide in plain site. One airplane with infra-red or thermal imaging would Spot people out in the sticks, so easyly.
ICF_Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:27 AM   #28
Bobcat
Avalon Senior Member

Im in the hills of wales, I understand your point about thermal but how many resorces would they be willing to use to find a small family in the sticks?

Dunno!! But i'll give it a go.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #29
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Lightbulb Re: safe areas in the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICF_Wax View Post
Outside of the UK, I would Choose Ireland.

BTW Mountain/Wilderness in UK is where you FIND the Militery before you all go stomping up to Scotland. Plus if somthing bad happens around me I don't think that I would want to run Anyway. I'd be far more interested in using my capacity's in other ways. Like rebuilding and regrouping people, in the chaos, nothing will be-fall me that isnt ment too.

Looking at good places to make a stand. Building strong Comunitys. As far as hiding goes its Much easyier to hide in plain site. One airplane with infra-red or thermal imaging would Spot people out in the sticks, so easyly.
i agree i have had dreams of starting of urban and avoiding authorities clampdowns. once it goes off we wopnt be able to travel woth out ID and insane amounts of big brotherness. you must decide now where to take your stand. dig in a t home or jump ship. im not sure about what to do, my thought was that if i stay in britain i knowmthe territory and the language. if i go to argentina or somewhere im stuck on language customs (who is threatening ect). i also ha d a dream about going across the channel on a boat in a nuclaer winter. odd
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #30
Jamie
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: safe areas in the UK?

These are indeed great points to ponder.

I maybe in danger of sounding like a scratched record, but instead of looking at things from the point of view of fear of coming events, we should be making every conscious effort to create radiant zones where we are by helping people understand what is happening and why.

Also we should have a fallback plan for want of a better word, we need to have a 'safe area', a radiant zone community that we are helping to create, we may not every decide to live there full-time, but we could be effort into helping those that choose to create these areas even if they don't benefit you personally.

Remember that this is not about being service to self, it's about realising that we are all in this together and some of us are not able to do this without the help, sometimes alot of help from others.

Sorry if that sounded like a Monday morning rant.

Peace

Jay
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:57 PM   #31
chelmostef
Avalon Senior Member

Just a thought. If a nuclear power station has melt down or a nuclear bomb goes off. It depends on the strength and direction of the wind at that time. If your down wind you will get the fall out and this area will be contaminated for some time, if how ever you are up wind you will not get so much fall out. I think the key is to have a few options and go with what is best at the time. Dont put all your eggs in one basket so to speak.

Just like to add a note. There is a nuclear power plant in bradwell essex. This is one river up from the mouth of the Thames. So with an easterly wind quite common this would blow across most of essex.

Stef

Last edited by chelmostef; 09-22-2008 at 03:05 PM.
chelmostef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:38 PM   #32
border xer

sorry if i've missed it, but does anyone know if there is a map of nuclear sites in the UK?

EDIT: just found this

Last edited by border xer; 09-22-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:13 PM   #33
Richard
Project Avalon Member

test
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #34
maddy40
Avalon Senior Member

well if it gets really hairy then i think i will have to utter the words of the famous star trekie BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!!! and quick! ...........we will all be safe if we have love in our hearts and be guided for those in high places eg the good guys with space ships
maddy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #35
Pomguymguy
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin L Falcon View Post
As far a way from coastal areas as possible (which means both of us should move!)

It would probably make sense to be well away from any military/industrial/chemical facility as well..

North Yorkshire moors or the Highlands of Scotland seems as good a place as any
Would be a long walk to Tesco (supermarket) in deep snow in winter (or summer) - If we create our reality then so be it - Remember that "thoughts are things" -Think about it !
Pomguymguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #36
maddy40
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomguymguy View Post
Would be a long walk to Tesco (supermarket) in deep snow in winter (or summer) - If we create our reality then so be it - Remember that "thoughts are things" -Think about it !
agreed we are thought and we think and so it is manifested x
maddy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:22 PM   #37
pineal-pilot-in merkabah
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: safe areas in the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomguymguy View Post
if it gets that bad where we have to move out of citys. there wont be muc hfood about in supermarkets. plus codex alimentarius means i dont want to eat food from majors anyway.. i mean im vegan pretty much and i dont buy anything from them now..

im planning on having 2 years worth of whole organic dried foods and a stock of supplements. i dont want to eat monsanto crap
pineal-pilot-in merkabah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:43 AM   #38
Jon Orpheus

Hi everyone

I'm in Stalybridge, Cheshire

When you change the way that you look at things, the things that you look at change.

Embrace change, if you don't it will sneak up behind you and give you a slap!

There are no safe places only safe people!

We have a community made up of musicians, artists, poets etc. Please check out www.myspace.com/acousticeclectic

Be Blessed

Jon
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 AM   #39
izz
Banned

safe from what though ???

it might be a good idea to classify the threats and list the possible safe areas accordingly ..

Nuclear attack .. safe areas unknown because it depends where the nukes land and the prevailing winds etc ..

Floods and rising sea level .. anywhere high and inland ..

Civil Unrest - probably the country side .. places like Devon / Cornwall - remote areas ?

Just my thoughts ..

I think there are no really ' safe ' places in the UK and we should just move when we feel our intuition nudging is IMO
Old 09-24-2008, 12:56 AM   #40
izz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Orpheus View Post
Hi everyone

There are no safe places only safe people!

Jon
I was thinking the same thing Jon, it is about the connections we have and make not where we are geograhically .. although that could matter
Old 09-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #41
mikey
Avalon Senior Member

It is naturally good to think about and plan directions to go in ''worse case scenarios'' and i think this should be done. In my situation living in devon u could say the main threat down here would be flooding and severe wetness....however i am a firm believer in trusting our intuitional instinct and gut feeling and i have followed this way of thought all my life and truly believe it holds the most honest and loving path for me.
All of the southwest, all of the UK, all of the northern hemisphere becoming submerged, frozen or completely nuked just does not resonate within me. I am all to aware of the possibilities and u could say i only believe what i want to believe but surely isnt that how it works.
I think everyone should truly listen to themselves and know that they will make the right decision when the time is right and we will all be where we need to be when the time calls for it. A decision based of love. Be aware but dont be scared of these times...

peace

bananaman
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #42
izz
Banned

totally agree Bananaman - I think the first thing in making brits safe would be the fall of the present govt .. seriously .. and a fall so far fr all those slimey labour politicaINAS THAT they NEVER ever get back into power .. the present people i mean .. like jack straw .. etc etc and miiliband .. yugh ..

so part of safe gaurding is the deciisons we make as a country and id likle our country to revolt and bootg the govt out
Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 AM   #43
kevino

Hmmm, some interesting responses here, so I'll add my thoughts.
Unless it comes completely out of the blue all the nuclear power stations will be run down and made 'safe' before the controllers 'leave the building' and turn off the lights. These reactors in the UK are mostly by the coast except for a few that are by large amounts of water (for cooling). I wouldn't worrry too much about those.
I would be more concerned about the reactions of all of the people who didn't see it coming who will be panicked and start looting etc. Towns and cities won't be nice places to be!
Anywhere you might want to run to will have to be close unless you make a break for it before the military close down all the roads and declare a dusk to dawn curfew and send up helicopters with FLIR to track down the runners. Make no mistake, if the balloon goes up martial law will come into effect very quickly and anyone caught is in deep trouble. There are MOD places everywhere (2 within 9 miles of here) and the army would be on the streets in no time.
If you can get away then go to the nearest safest high ground with spring water. I'd love to get to the highlands or the lake district but being on junction 10 of the M42 I know from my own experience in the military that I would never make it, even on my own. I'll be trying to keep a family alive.
One area that hasn't been mentioned yet is the peak district which is about 40 or so miles due north of here (Tamworth).
I learnt TM in the 80s and worked for the organisation so that I could learn the siddhi techniques without spending money. I stayed at a place in the Dane valley near Macclesfield and I know the area quite well as I spent my days off walking in the countryside. There is natural shelter there (it was used during WW2 by the locals) and an abundance of spring water as well as sources of food.
So, pick a place or places close by, get the OS maps and a good compass and learn how to use them (day and night), travel light and go to ground.
This is a short term measure. Long term if it goes down like this we won't survive anyway but at least you can get away from the horrors of mass panic and everything else that disgusts me about society these days.
Hope (and pray if you like) for the best but plan for the worst.
"Chance favours the prepared mind."
All the best to everyone, Kev
Old 09-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #44
Newliving
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaletriangle View Post
I don't know i think i'll end up staying in sunny stoke and what happens,happens-we are not physically immortal;not being defeatist just ride it out.I'm at 600 feet above sea level but 2 miles from a city?I will go with the flow; stock up on snappin' i have a coal fire anyhow so cooking and warmth no probs. unless we have a supercell storm and we are supercooled like the woolly mammoths? crikey charlie!! axe and shovels etc all in the garage for choppin wood.
I'm not that concerned and i suppose i should be really; my HEART is not the least worried-i have always been practical and have engaged in manual work alot of my life;so hard labour for food and shelter is no problem wherever i end up.To be to the point i'm not afraid of death-it's a beginning.What concerns jack is how we are treated in this plane of existance-i would die happy if i knew there'd be something we'd left behind a legacy for good people to work on.i hope i'm not coming across as depressing cos it isn't.Thanks for the post i've been thinking and searching about this a while now.I was trying to find maps on the net that may have been redrawn already by geologists/geographers after a potential world flood scenario but i can't find any.Can anyone help on that score-new maps pointing out high risk areas.I know where i am if the water rose to 300 feet above current sea level then about 3 miles from me would be the beach!!hurray!lol.
I agree and I'm already working to convert N Staffs into a Transition Region (ref. Transition Towns initiative, www.transitiontowns.org ) to make the area much more self-reliant, self-sufficient before things get too hairy.

Time we Stokies met, I feel. I'll pm you.
Newliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:25 PM   #45
Merlin
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
Hi all.
I used to live in the UK and moved to Ireland with my wife and kids. The reason was to simply get away from the "chavs". I notice hardly a day goes by without a stabbing in the UK now.

It's certainly got the right people here with the right attitudes, it's also easy and cheap to get here from the UK and very very easy to "disappear".

Contrary to popular opinion, the Irish do not hate the English btw...
Hi Merlin here from the Irish Ground Crew, do people in England really think that the average Irish person hates the English? Please belive me - NOT SO!

Merlin
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #46
symbolon
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
The UK is pretty small. I don't think it will survive much of anything, should anything major occur.
That is most certainly true of 'Major' events. For instance, where could you go after a nuclear exchange in the UK? Survival is 'almost' inconsequential on an island as small as the UK.
symbolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:31 AM   #47
Floyd
Retired Avalon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izz View Post
I was thinking the same thing Jon, it is about the connections we have and make not where we are geograhically .. although that could matter
I think its both, but a good place to start is meeting those with the same motivations then the rest may follow.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #48
upjock36

safe areas in the uk - doubt it

not meaning to be negative here, but if even a small portion of the population moved north into scotland, how could the land provide food(most inportant) the uk imports most of our food, so before long there would be all hell breaking loose,most of the land up here has been managed for eons & cant provide enough even for the local populations, the land would be stripped bare of all its resourses within a short time.

i heard somewhere that when hunger sets in a person would steal food in about 2 - 3 days & kill for it within 7 days...not gd news if your trying to relocate whilst the masses are hungry. if everybody decides to head north it would most likley be that the locals would survive as they know the land & they would want to protect it......talk about the caveman days lol

my advise would be to stay put for as long as you could(even in large urban areas) keep your heads down & hope that it passes your front door.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:58 AM   #49
AndyH
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Hi Merlin here from the Irish Ground Crew, do people in England really think that the average Irish person hates the English? Please belive me - NOT SO!

Merlin
Hi Merlin,

I missed that one, my apologies.
You're absolutely correct of course and I know this now having been here for a couple of years now. Given all the censored and doctored news in the UK during the "troubles" however it's not surprising that I grew up thinking otherwise. Coming over here was just one of many eye openers I've had.
AndyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #50
Sol Invictus
Banned

Stay well away from the Brecon Beacons is my advice. Theres some weird and strange 'things' floating around the sennybridge training area in peace time, so God alone knows what will be up in the skies during any 'disturbances' or events.

Stick to central or Northern Wales for a hide away.

However, i'm happy sourcing out a Northern Scotland hide away.
Sol Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote