Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Books, Videos, Articles, etc.

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

Default Collapse - Documentary of Michael C. Ruppert

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I recommend the movie Collapse. It is a documentary about investigative journalist/whistle blower Michael C. Ruppert. Below is a link to the movies website and a brief description.

Collapse - Movie Site

"Americans generally like to hear good news. They like to believe that a new president will right old wrongs, that clean energy will replace dirty oil and that fresh thinking will set the economy straight. American pundits tend to restrain their pessimism and hope for the best. But is anyone prepared for the worst?

Meet Michael Ruppert, a different kind of American. A former Los Angeles police officer turned independent reporter, he predicted the current financial crisis in his self-published newsletter, From the Wilderness, at a time when most Wall Street and Washington analysts were still in denial. Director Chris Smith has shown an affinity for outsiders in films like American Movie and The Yes Men. In Collapse, he departs stylistically from his past documentaries by interviewing Ruppert in a format that recalls the work of Errol Morris and Spalding Gray.

Sitting in a room that looks like a bunker, Ruppert recounts his career as a radical thinker and spells out the crises he sees ahead. He draws upon the same news reports and data available to any Internet user, but he applies a unique interpretation. He is especially passionate about the issue of peak oil, the concern raised by scientists since the seventies that the world will eventually run out of fossil fuel. While other experts debate this issue in measured tones, Ruppert doesn't hold back at sounding an alarm, portraying an apocalyptic future. Listening to his rapid flow of opinions, the viewer is likely to question some of the rhetoric as paranoid or deluded, and to sway back and forth on what to make of the extremism. Smith lets viewers form their own judgments.

Collapse also serves as a portrait of a loner. Over the years, Ruppert has stood up for what he believes in despite fierce opposition. He candidly describes the sacrifices and motivators in his life. While other observers analyze details of the economic crisis, Ruppert views it as symptomatic of nothing less than the collapse of industrial civilization itself.

Thom Powers

Toronto International Film Festival"
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
micjer
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Collapse - Documentary of Michael C. Ruppert

I would love to able to buy this on DVD.
micjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
Lorien
Avalon Senior Member

I don't think it's for sale yet, but you can watch it on TV via On Demand. I'm sure you could also find it online somewhere if your not against that.
Lorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
Sideshow Shaman
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Michael C. Ruppert

Be sure to see this clip from the mid 90s of Ruppert confronting CIA Director John Deutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t3pl5Wxgyg

This clip was included on 'The Truth and Lies of 9-11'
Sideshow Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
smat
Avalon Senior Member

I have just watched, it is really good.
I strongly recommend everyone to watch it. It has a lot of valuable information in it and here is me thinking that I am well educated it this sort of stuff.
The basic concept is that all our fiat money and our government systems are based on continual growth, like a pyramid. and all these derivatives are really worthless without growth in the economy and we can only print as much money as there is energy/oil available to us and also affordable. And when these two peaks meet, where we no longer have the energy to sustain the growth in the economy a correction need to be made.
As it stands we have the largest financial bubble ever created which will create an economic collapse of biblical proportions. And the faster the collapse, the more infrastucute we manage to keep, that may be one of the reasons as well as selfish reasons like keep everyone in the dark and then go hide in an underground facility when the s''t hits the fan.
So we will be in for a paradigm shift, but unfortunately a lot of people are going to suffer, especially those that believe all the garbage and lies on main stream media.
There is some good advice on the documentary.... and the best advice it to be prepared, because this transition off oil is going to be really hard. The main reason for turning the world into a police state is to ensure their survival/control and their confortable way of life. We will have to seize this opportunity to take our world back from these bloodsuckers.
smat is offline   Reply With Quote