Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:54 PM   #26
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Moon Week March 27th - April 5th 2009. International Year of Astronomy

Thanks so much for sharing, Gridkeeper and John. No wonder Orion was so excited!

I have been enjoying your videos since I first spotted them on U Tube. The only thing better than your Part 1 would be to see it filmed in Imax. And fat chance of that happening at least for a good while anyway!
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #27
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Moon Week March 27th - April 5th 2009. International Year of Astronomy

yeah... amaaziing!!!!!!

These are downloaded now,
in case they ever happen to disappear.
I will be at ease knowing i have copies...
(if you have realplayer, (easiest way) you should download them to)

y'know... Ive been watching these guys, Gridkeeper, JLW, Zorgon, Skipper, J. lear, etc.. for years... and saving lots of stuff....

I should really start an actual blog with all of it,
I know theres stuff like that already....

but, why not?

I have astronomy blogs and the like....
but none dedicated to this stuff.

If i can help show just a few extra people some truth,
it will be more than worth it.

man.. i am excited! lol :P

for a long time ive "known" that there were artificial structures from past/present civilizations on the Moon, ........

but....
these two new videos....
have seriously taken this to a whole new level for me. lol

Namaste'

( and the music is fantastic GK!!), Im going to have to get a list from you one day. lol

Bless
Orion11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:25 AM   #28
sunflower
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Orion, I went thru the thread again more slowly. You have certainly done a lot of research. Imagine tracking down that mountain range that looks like a human figure! This rivals the face on Cydona. Many thanks for your contribution also.

It would be interesting to see how long it takes for these videos to end up on Lear or Skipper's sites.
sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:48 AM   #29
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah good job O, well done,but sorry dude I still see just mountains. I could see stuff like dragons or snakes or human statue type things if I really used my imagination, but I can also see little bunny rabbits in the clouds too if I used my imagination. I guess what I'm getting at is if you are going to show me buildings and statues, then show me buildings and statues. I shouldn't have to look at it every which way to try and figure something out to see!
And no offense either, but you should know that already because we're friends. It's like Hoagland and Lear trying to show that there's bridges and buildings and stuff up there when all I see is rocks and bumps! If they say there's buildings and bridges up there then I want to see buildings and bridges, not have to use my imagination to try and make something out of it. LOL

Last edited by Dantheman62; 04-01-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #30
Dantheman62
Avalon Senior Member

Oh and I should say that I'm excited for ya that you see what you see, and actually a little pi..sed that I don't see it, LOL
Dantheman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:21 AM   #31
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Hi Orion, I went thru the thread again more slowly. You have certainly done a lot of research. Imagine tracking down that mountain range that looks like a human figure! This rivals the face on Cydona. Many thanks for your contribution also.
Hi Sunflower!

aww thanks!
and you're welcome!
i hope it adds a little bit of something. lol

@ Daniel , my son.... lol

you're right.. we are friends....
hence why i feel comfortable saying to you....

Gimme the number for your optometrist ..
i am calling him/her, and we are all going to have an intervention and get them eyes fixed up!! haha :P

no, seriously though...
I completely know what you mean.. and i feel you...
that is how it has been for me with all the other stuff on the moon in the past...

like you said..
having to look at it every wich way,
or having to use every bit of imagination we've got.. and then some....
or just looking at something and having to say... "hmmm. could be something.. but i cant tell or make it out.. but it COULD be something for sure!! LOL

However..... this...... imho.. is Gold compared to stuff hoagland and the like used to come out with...

I am on a mission for your eyes to show you this bro.... haha

it is certainly there!!

AND... Being friends....

you also know.... that i dont just take a look at something and jump on it as being what we are told we are seeing.....

as for a "statue" or something on the moon..

you gotta remember that a normal "statue" would not be visible from earth with our lil civilian scopes...
i doubt the statue of liberty would even be able to be seen... lol

so, i dont think "statue" quite fits...

i also dont believe that this could even be compared to Mt. Rushmore.. (statues they are)...
this is far larger....

i think your mind has a block up,
created by all the past " ohh, look at this, do you see it, well its there" stuff. lol

Ive been shoiwng this to people,
(many who think im a lunatic anyway)
and they even see it!!! lol

bro... you wont have to use any imagination or image flip tricks or anything else once it clicks.....

k, ill stop now....
(for now) lol...

but it will become clear bro.. it hAS to!! lol

this is no normal mountain!!!
of that i have absolutely no doubts.
if i did have any doubts i woulda shut up a long time ago. lol

and for alot of people..
or images
, i woulda just said.. "ok you dont see it, thats cool, dont worry bout it" lol
sorry if im being annoying... but this $h!t is nuts! lol

thanks for the love bro

Last edited by Orion11; 04-01-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #32
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Red face Re: Moon Week March 27th - April 5th 2009. International Year of Astronomy

(im learning photoshop) lol
Old 04-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #33
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

omg Kathleen!!!

i love you!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #34
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

World Exclusive Close Moon Filmed from Earth - April 1st Moon Week 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI3us5pXsQg&fmt=22

Moon filmed through 12" Telescope 2009 in the UK during Moon Week March - April 2009 by John L Walson. PLEASE WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY. Re edit and audio by Gridkeeper on the 1st April 2009. The moon filmed from earth through a 12" telescope. Most of the images show more detail than many of the Apollo pictures and film. Says HD but is not true HD. Original film is at a much higher quality.
Gridkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #35
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion11 View Post
*deep bows* my friend.

(hope its cool im doing this GK?) *hides face til answer received* lol

and really.. this is not even a good screengrab compared to what i could get if i werent so enthralled in watching.. lol

Ill get more... really just cuz I want them to have in the files. lol

But.... this image of a man........ is an entire mountain range, not just a statue!!!!!!! O_o

I believe this was made to be seen from Earth.

Wow you did that on dial up. I don't mind you showing screen shots in this forum but I wouldn't like to see them spread around other forums. I know your intentions are good yet there are many out there with bad intent towards this. Have a look at the other knight image as it's head is a closer match, look at the two small parts at the top of the head;-}
Old 04-02-2009, 02:05 AM   #36
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

Hey there bro,

yeah, dial up baby!! LOL

im too poor to afford DSL anymore.... doh! lol

I did however, get everything i wanted downloaded!
(took about 4 hours.. little less than) lol

Thanks allot man, I appreciate that!
I will surely only keep the screengrabs here....
i know you dont know me well enough to blindly accept my promise...
But you do have my promise... and it will be kept.

Quote:
Have a look at the other knight image as it's head is a closer match, look at the two small parts at the top of the head;-}
hmmm..... Ive got some more looking to do..... lol
Im trying to think of where that is...
I see a head/face on the 'tall' structure... that is shown from a bit further than the image ive been worked up on....

but not sure what im looking at.. ..

also..........

ohhhh, ill just pull out some of my screenshots.... and point to the areas in question for clearer dialect here. lol

thanks soo much man,
if theres anything i can ever do (no idea what) lol..
let me know.

Praises <3
Andy
Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #37
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

i upgraded it a little... lol

Old 04-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #38
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

ohhh oohhh... attention...

anyone with a telescope.. Rima hadley area is all nice n visible n pretty!!

(i cant see it like through a 12 inch.. (jus lil mountains) .... but this is the first time i found it in the scope!! lol )
Old 04-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #39
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

ok, Im still sorting stuff out,
screenshots and other things.....

But I was just looking around,
in some "Knights Templar" stuff....

and came across this Symbol, belonging to them...

"Templar Lion and Moon Seal"

A cerescent Moon, with the Knights templar seal, above/on it.

I then remembered,
when I was looking at the "Rima hadley" area the other night through the scope,
the phase when the rima hadley area becomes visible, out from the dark...
a pic i took that night..

ohhh..... same crescent moon as the "Templar Lion and Moon Seal"...

I found it interesting,

that right as the Moon gets to this crescent phase....

is right when the Rima Hadley area becomes visible,
and bathed in light....

and we now see, through the help of JLW and Gridkeeper,
that there is an area of the moon, that only becomes visible once the Moon reaches this crescent phase...which looks like a Knight.

i find that extremely interesting... lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06145.jpg (7.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #40
Nebula

Interesting pics! What is the significance of moon week? Is there any relation to the weird things that have been happening around the world? ....Killings all over in Us, North Korea rocket launch, Earthqauke in italy!....and many many more! I'm kinda like hmmmm...

Last edited by Nebula; 04-06-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #41
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

Moon Week is at this time because it's the International Year of Astronomy plus it's a good week to see some exciting areas of the moon.

Nice one orion!

Check this one out. Infared test. new videos which I'll upload throughout the week will be the highest resolution to date. Also with some crater zooms.

Moon filmed In Infared - Area Near Clavius - Moon Week 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJeDsYXXM2Q&fmt=22
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 AM   #42
Nebula

Thanks Gridkeeper! Do you know what next? is it going to be sun week, pluto week? I like the idea "International Year of Astronomy"!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #43
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

Lol, I don't fancy looking at the Sun for a week.

here's the next moon film video, i tried to do this one differently when it came to converting the file. I don't know if I made it worse or youtube converted the file this way. Will maybe do a test on the next Clavius film to see if i can the images to play sharper on youtube.

Liking the addition you did to the logo Orion!

Lunar Ray Crater Copernicus filmed from Earth for Moon Week 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvVfmAhoZSk

Lunar Ray Crater Copernicus filmed froom Earth for Moon Week 2009 using a 12" Meade telescope by JLW. Watch in high quality, says HD but is not true HD and as you can see this quality conversion is ok bnut could be alot better. Wiki - Copernicus is visible using binoculars, and is located slightly northwest of the center of the Moon's Earth-facing hemisphere. South of the crater is the Mare Insularum, and to the south-south west is the crater Reinhold. North of Copernicus are the Montes Carpatus, which lie at the south edge of Mare Imbrium. West of Copernicus is a group of dispersed lunar hills. Due to its relative youth, the crater has remained in a relatively pristine shape since it formed.

The circular rim has a discernible hexagonal form, with a terraced inner wall and a 30 km wide, sloping rampart that descends nearly a kilometer to the surrounding mare. There are three distinct terraces visible, and arc-shaped landslides due to slumping of the inner wall as the crater debris subsided.

Most likely due to its recent formation, the crater floor has not been flooded by lava. The terrain along the bottom is hilly in the southern half while the north is relatively smooth. The central peaks consist of three isolated mountainous rises climbing as high as 1.2 km above the floor. These peaks are separated from each other by valleys, and they form a rough line along an east-west axis. Infrared observations of these peaks during the 1980s determined that they were primarily composed of the mafic form of olivine.

"Picture of the Century" oblique view of the interior of Copernicus from Lunar Orbiter 2. NASA photo.Based on high-resolution images from Lunar Orbiter 5, Terry W. Offield of the U.S. Geological Survey described the crater as having,

...a hummocky crater rim, numerous large slump blocks on the crater wall, and a complex of central peaks. Sets of parallel fractures, aligned with the lunar structure grid, formed after the crater wall took its present form, but before the smoothest floor materials were emplaced. The smooth floor materials show a swirling pattern of cracks like those seen on terrestrial lava flows. These materials are associated with numerous hills that have summit craters and are probably small volcanoes. Several low places on the rim and wall are partly filled by what appears to be ponded volcanic material, or possibly fluidized impact debris.
Copernicus is a prominent lunar impact crater located in eastern Oceanus Procellarum. It is estimated to be about 800 million years old, and typifies craters that formed during the Copernican period in that it has a prominent
Old 04-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #44
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

Final video in the moon week series although i'm thinking of doing a compilation version.

Clavius Moon Crater filmed from Earth for Moon Week UK 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaV-1j3ChLA

Clavius Moon Crater filmed from Earth for Moon Week UK 2009 by John Lenard walson with a 12" scope. Please Watch In High Quality.Edit and audio by Gridkeeper with full permission.

Clavius (crater)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Crater characteristics

Clavius on the moon. NASA photo.
Coordinates 58.4° S, 14.4° W
Diameter 225 km
Depth 3.5 km
Colongitude 15° at sunrise
Eponym Christoph Klau
Clavius is one of the largest crater formations on the Moon, and it is the third largest crater on the visible near side. It is located in the rugged southern highlands of the Moon, to the south of the prominent ray crater Tycho.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #45
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

Best one yet:

Lunar Moon Crater Copernicus Close up 2009 filmed through a 12" Meade LX 90 telescope by John Lenard Walson. Video edit, audio and hosting by Gridkeeper. I tried to get this clearer but it's still not enough. The original film is incredible. This might look better when viewed on a Mac and old PC screens, not the LCD ones. PLease watch using the high quality option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYa1LyVWiaQ
Old 04-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #46
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

Just added this one:

Tall Moon Tower / Mountain / Monolith in the Clavius area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0h88mYixiA&fmt=22
Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #47
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

Moon Picture taken through a 12" LX90 Meade Telescope (UK)

Triangle shape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4V9a4Uu1jk&fmt=22
Old 04-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #48
Nebula

Nice pics! Being that its the Internarional Year of Astronomy, i would like to see every thing in our solar system addressed.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #49
Gridkeeper
Avalon Senior Member

So do I. It's a shame John only has a scope which can reach the moon and not the planets.

latest vid: Moon Shots - Make mine a double
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTevt_EhBZA
Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 AM   #50
Orion11
Avalon Senior Member

dang!! great stuff man!!

thanks for the props to.

ok, i gotta make some of this work on this caveman network (dial up) for now til i can snag a faster connect. lol

thanks GK!

man... a 12 inch...... and i get excited when i look at saturn through my 5 inch!! haha :P

one day, i want one of those 20 some inchers... ( i saw one on optics planet for like $30,000!!!) ... and my own backyard observatory... ohh man.... lol

maybe next life or somethin. lol.

<3 <3 <3

Tags
gridkeeper, lear, moon, walson, week