Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Project Avalon General Discussion

Notices

Project Avalon General Discussion Finding safe places, information and resources for building communities, site suggestions.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
Floyd
Retired Avalon Member

Default Some Avalon Posters Wasting Time?

Talk is cheap. Luciferian religions, timelines, whistle blowers, pseudo qabbalistic esoteric methodologies, buy guns, food, get ready for ascension and so on, impending nuclear war?

This place is rife of fear.

Also it is full of opportunity. I don't post here much. However. I have learned much from the erudition of this forums members. What a pleasure to gain from those who take their time to give to others so that they have a chance in their life to take on what is coming.

Some spend their time promoting fear. Perhaps they are sensitive and know what is coming. If they genuinley feel that..it's no reason to put them down. Unless of course they are conscious agents of some group or other.

Some talk of various dimensions, the flower of life, etc, in ways that the man on the street could not possibly understand. we should focus our energies on that perhaps?

I would like to take this moment to thank all the regular Avalon posters. Why? Because they have passion. Passion to give their tiny part to the whole truth. I spend my time explaining this information we are fortunate enough to have come upon...to others who have no idea.

As the Buddha said..All opinions are worthless.

In that case..There must only be truth.

Much of it can be found here..Beware..much of what is here may not be

Thanks guys..
you know who you are
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Spregovori

Default Re: Pathetic Avalon Posters Wasting Time?

talk is cheap, words are cheaper?

have fun
Old 02-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Hi Floyd
It is as it is.
There are some who reg post that I respect ( I respect all but not necessarily what they post). I just dont go to the fear threads.
I feel that if some of the ones that are addicted to the type of threads you mention discover positive ones they might wean themselves of doom and gloom.
Problem is they dont realise some of the threads they visit are in fact negative in nature and have an energy draining effect on them.
First there may be an adrenalin lift but the hangover is what gets them to seek more of the same "drama excitement etc" to get the fix!!!

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Love the post... Flloyd... I agree with you .. and with Greybeard... there is much wonder on here... or I wouldn't keep returning as insatiably as I do.

For me, my personal 'truth' is that the fear threads hold nothing new for me anymore.

Almost comically, I've come to notice that there are only two posts in Avalon, one promoting fear (the self) and one promoting love (the whole).

This makes the whole filtering process much easier. If you can't spot which of the two posts you're reading from the title, you soon get it by the second paragraph !

In my information gathering (fear) phase, I got very drained by the sheer enormity of every possible outcome, so many impossibly defendable fronts. No wonder that phase was incredibly draining after the initial 'excitement'

Now, in my acceptance (love) phase, all that matters to me is that what is, is. Everything will find it's true place. The mind is not the I AM, we are not who we THINK we are, nor is anyone else who we THINK they are.

Love brings unity, peace, joy. Love of all things, every second of every day, regardless of which mess we find ourselves in.

I've still got a long way to go, and my life is far from perfect, but there is much to be joyful about.

Even eating an avocado can be a heavenly experience. Or you can miss it, because you were reading an avalon thread at the same time.

this choice is ours....

Blessings upon everyone.

K
Kulapops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
mudra
Avalon Spiritual Mother

I consider Life's journey as a path to complete awareness as a being.
We are all somewhere on that path crossing it at our own pace .
Fear has a tendency to be present when we have litle experience about
who we really are .
I would say then that fear is just part of the road and that it has to be
fully integrated before one can move on .
How does one begin to walk , master a discipline or an instrument ?
By gaining confidence through the removal of the unknowns and our
willingness to confront the areas of discomfort .
The path to awareness has many stages and wisdom comes along as
we move through each step .
When the fear stage is integrated one has a tendency to loose interest
for the gloomy scenarios and to turn himself to Light .
This comes as a natural by product as one grows in awareness of one's
essence being Love. The realm of dichotomies then fade away and
a sense of Oneness with all that is prevails .

Love Always
mudra

Last edited by mudra; 02-21-2010 at 11:20 PM.
mudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
dj kelly
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: Pathetic Avalon Posters Wasting Time?

Very intresting post, and i must say it shows some wisdom,
as in life there is duality and the same goes on the avolon posts,
the trick is to choose the right reality for you.

GREY BEARD, your words ring so true with me about the doom n gloom stuff, i to used to find it actualy exiting and was always looking for the next fix just like a drug i guess, that was untill i relized that wasnt my path to follow , i still have to remind myself of that from time to time, but hey nobodys perfect lol.

in-la kesh peeps love and light..... DJ
dj kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
Hiram
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudra View Post
When the fear stage is integrated one has a tendency to loose interest
for the gloomy scenarios and to turn itself to Light .
This comes as a natural by product as one grows in awareness of one's
essence being Love.
Thank you for articulating that Mudra.

What is a waste of time? Are beings on different stages of their jouney "Pathetic?"

These two ideas are so very subjective as to be almost meaningless outside of one's one understanding. Many would find the very term "A waste of time" nonsense.

I Do think observing one's inner self, the way that self reacts to what you see, hear, and feel can be very enlightening. Its good practice to try and remain as open as possible, feeling neither good nor bad about what you read initially, until you have had an opportunity to place it within the context of your reality.

Slowing the process of thought down...never reacting. Breathing and considering. When you do this you begin to break down the "programming" that we have placed on ourselves for thousands of years. People want to know how to break free from the endless cycle of wars and suffering in this place we call Earth. There is your answer.

Being on Avalon, is a good exercise. Its like going to the mental and spiritual Gym!
Hiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
NXS
Avalon Senior Member

Before I get into my statement, I'd just like to say that while my post count is not high, I have been a daily visitor to this forum since its inception, and am proud to be a part of the community here at Avalon and Camelot. With that being said, I would like to say a couple of things....

I would just like to say that in my opinion, there seems to be a struggle on this forum. You've got individuals looking for truth, and searching through information, and then you've got certain individuals planting asinine reports, engaging in fear mongering and laundering disinformation at an alarming rate.

My personal feelings are this. The world, in its current state, is full of good and bad. The Yin and Yang. Without one, you cannot have the other. My point is, you have to find and take the path that is right for you. Don't let negative thoughts or connotations steer you from finding your own personal truth.

Conversely, don't allow tales of peace and prosperity keep you from seeing the potential threat of negative energy and actions that are around you. Take the information you receive, analyze and process it, then from that, form your opinion. If you feel someone is simply providing disinformation, or fear mongering, then steer clear of that information. There are two sides to every coin, just as there are truths and falsehoods in EVERYTHING.

On another note, one thing I have found that I do not find to be a personal "truth" is that we are all one collective. In the aspect that we're all human beings sharing this planet, I will concur... but it seems to me that individualism is placed on the back burner by several people here who scrutinize and belittle individuals with a train of thought that is different than theirs. This same practice has lead to the departure of several respectable members of this forum.

Just like the stars and planets in the skies, each and every one of us are unique. To turn our backs on our own beliefs and truths, to simply cater to those of someone else is a disservice to ourselves as human beings and as individuals. God (or the higher powers) gave us the ability to think freely and form our own opinions, truths, and beliefs. This does not mean to close ones self off from opinions that differ from yours, but to be open, respectful, and tactful when encountering said information, even if you don't necessarily agree with it.

I truly believe in my heart that if more people practiced common courtesy and mutual respect, the world would be a better place. The vast majority of us here @ Avalon and Camelot, though dealing with problems of our own, are very lucky and fortunate to be able to congregate, share information, and interact with one another. We have a world of information at our fingertips, and while some, if not most of that information might not ring true to you, that does not mean something can't be learned from it. What you take away from the information you receive rests on your shoulders.

At the end of the day, you have to find meaning for yourself, but to close yourself off to ideas that don't necessarily coincide with your own is a disservice, not only to you, but to those who take the time and effort to compile said information.

I respect and admire everyone here, even if I'm not always in agreement with their position or opinion. Love, and be loved. That is the key...
NXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
Swanny
I dont need a label !

I like things just they way they are
Swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #10
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

hello,

what profound sentiments, to have stated, or asked about. This following set of talks really made my life just a bit better.

I hope you enjoy them. Whether you like it or not, its such a good little thinkish thing that, it does exercise the reasoning that we think is reason.

Is it all serious- not sure.

Good evening
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #11
Harper
Avalon Senior Member

oh well here it is this time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhRWYFJ2pyI

Obviously the normal rules apply, the rest of it is on the youtube side bar to the right, and is it at all serious. No way of knowing, but its fun

Last edited by Karen; 02-22-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: fix link
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post

This place is rife of fear.

this is what has me so very concerned

Some talk of various dimensions, the flower of life

Ok i'll admit it, i left that in solely cuz you said flower

I would like to take this moment to thank all the regular Avalon posters. Why? Because they have passion.

There is a strong passion in your heart as well!

As the Buddha said..All opinions are worthless.

In that case..There must only be truth.

Wow, i like that one...

Much of it can be found here..Beware..much of what is here may not be

in my opinion the "may not" is heavier on the scale these days..

Thanks guys..
just the guys ?

Your honesty and warmth honor us....
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:46 AM   #13
Bilko
Avalon Senior Member

Yeah light workers are cool aren't they?
So nice to get away from the festering elitism.
Bilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:57 AM   #14
Céline
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko View Post
Yeah light workers are cool aren't they?

light workers...growing brighter everyday!
Céline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #15
orthodoxymoron
Avalon Senior Member

I'm a pathetic Avalon poster...and I feel like I'm wasting my time...but even though I want to stop...I'll probably continue. This is sort of a thought triage gym...where we learn to fine-tune our BS detectors...and learn to be tolerant of a wide variety of views and emotions. A lot of this activity is upsetting and draining...but I think it's something which some of us have to do. Other people may have to learn by osmosis...rather than being on the front-lines...so to speak. This arguing on the internet stuff isn't for everyone...especially when it comes to politics, religion, ufology, aliens, demons, NWO, cosmology, etc. When someone like me...starts combining these subjects in unconventional ways...things can really get disorienting! I have a feeling that in a couple of years...the initial confusion and pain will subside...as we formulate positive solutions to a lot of the perplexing problems. We're getting hit with a huge amount of new information...and it's hard to digest all of it!

Namaste
orthodoxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #16
justpeter
Avalon Senior Member

I just joined a few days ago and I've already posted on a variety of diverse subjects such as Scientology, EFT, financial newsletters, stock market trading and buying gold and silver on ebay. I've also already obtained some useful and interesting information from other posts and this is all in a few days.

Obviously, I've seen some posts that I just don't understand and others that are fear-based or full of BS but I can ignore them and move on.

So far, I like this forum
justpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
Majorion
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Talk is cheap. Luciferian religions, timelines, whistle blowers, pseudo qabbalistic esoteric methodologies, buy guns, food, get ready for ascension and so on, impending nuclear war?
You bring up good points about the majority of discussions here. Though my opinion is that this is in no way confined to camelot/avalon. Everything in the alternative world is meant to appeal to sectors, c2c appeals to one sector, camelot to another, disclosure project to another, ground zero for others, rense, david icke, alex jones, TEM, ATS, and others as well.

Personally, I come here mainly because most people here I find them open minded and polite and respectful and its just a great community to have conversations with, there's a lot of passion here and its easy to see , strictly speaking; in terms of a forum, this is the best one I've found. It's very lax, and every now and then there's something that keeps you hooked, and who knows if thats a good thing or a bad thing, all I can say is that its enjoyable.
Majorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
dagon
Avalon Senior Member

I would love nothing more than to stay in a positive threads, but let face it lots of negative out there. all over the world. not just here. I want to feel the love your all talking about. but its hard when our water is not what it should be or our food. and what were doing as a whole on this rock floating in space. I se so much injustice. I want to heal. I would love nothing more than to just block out all the fear and negative thinking. but its like I once heard. I just cant pretend everything is ok. its not. I cant stand what I see to be honest. and I guess Im just suposto pretend it doesn't exist. that were killing each other, and draining the planet of its life source. living out of balance with nature, being controlled by the social engineers, its a hard place to be. Im currently looking at this and having a hard time with it. some friends of mine are really down on my for pointing out some of this, like please dont get the flue shot, or take a look at these medical journals on fluoride, and look what it is and how its being used, thinking its a positive thing. but not received as such to the general public. fear .. yes fear, just lost a good friend over it. pissing me off. good dive partner. thinks im a nut for believing in ufos.. LOL ... waste of time. maybe? not really sure yet. but it does hurt me. wish I could find the balance. Im very miss understood. I care to much. I cant stand looking at the masses swallowing democracy as its being implemented. and sold on meds and false ideals. covering the planet with concrete and paint. polluting the waters killing the life in all the creeks that were teeming with life when i was a kid. nothing lives there any longer. deforestation. I had a vision once once as a young man of 16. I was in a native American ritual with a fire and dance, it was night time, I was wide awake but it seemed I was really there. and they were chanting or singing. and this ritual was to pay homage to the earth. and it was about oil. the planet needed it. for its function. and it wasn't ours to just take endlessly. now mind you. I didn't have any connection to native american rituals or social structures at this time. I knew nothing but what was thought in school. it affected me greatly.

I know some say its the way its suposto be right, what can you do about it. is what I am always told. just work on your career. put your head down and work. I just don't get it. I dont have a problem with work. I work harder than most. but I know thats not what its all about. we been hijacked. and yes Im mad as heck. life is good. Im not going hungry yet. and the power is still on. I do se change coming. clearer than ever. everything runs in patterns and cycles. and the bacteria Colline has peaked. I digressed. I hope im staying on topic. I been here for almost 2 yeas now and dont post to often. some stuff is way out there. some times I just need to vent or put something out. helps me see things in a different light bringing it to the public light. but to rap this up. I have been accused of being negative. and lost friends cuz of it. and well some of it does come from places like this.

I keep thinking of quitting my job and volunteering to haitti relief or something. just to get out of the rat race and make a difference, see the world from different eyes than from american eyes, Im diffidently on the wrong planet. and haven't found my tribe yet.

I dont live in fear. but you bring these subjects up and it does instill fear in others. its just the facts, look around and look outside yourself. as a whole we are out of ballance way out of ballance. as am I. wish to find it.

im chatty tonight forgive me. I dont like being negative. wish to heal this

Last edited by dagon; 02-22-2010 at 10:57 AM.
dagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #19
Anchor
Avalon Senior Member

I'm reading a lot of inspiring posts in this thread.

Majorion - thanks - for that last paragraph I totally love you

Dagon - hang in there - you are doing better than you think - I promise.

A..

Last edited by Anchor; 02-22-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #20
rhythm
Avalon Senior Member

Walk the walk

or just keep on

rammmblin on on on

n on n on n on n on n on n on

:w ub2:
rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #21
Stardustaquarion
Avalon Senior Member

I like this place at it is, sometimes it is a bit of a handfull, but I am grateful. Avalon helped me find many answers and a road that I am walking towards my own freedom

If people think twice before they post we will never unveil what is bugging us deep in humanity consciousness. Its a great school to practice engage detachment!

Can there be any growth if we do not push ourselves a little?

Growing means accepting everyone as it is, and agree to disagree and move on. Self regulation and self responsibility are the key

If we do not like a place we don't have to go there anymore but to expect that everyone else comforms with our standards is what has created so many wars in this planet

I am for peaceful co-existance and co-operation when possible and for everyone to be as they are whether they agree with me or not

Love
Stardustaquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #22
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

I was just thinking, if there are only two types of posts at Avalon.. then I could save myself a lot of typing by just posting one word... 'positive'

this would save heaps of time, but at least I'd still feel like I was taking part.

Of course it's a little more complicated than that, because we can't have a world of positive and negative posts if we want to move forward.

We have to transcend positive and negative.. unity from duality. So trying to align ourselves with one brand is only going to continue the existence of both

This for me is the really exciting bit of what seems to be happening right now. that is the challenge. Not to avoid the negative, or to ignore it, or put all our effort into being positive... but to just be.

To accept that both positive and negative are all part of the same illusion, that of separation.

This is not an easy one to get your head around, but I'm going to be looking into it and practising that as best I can over the coming period.

So maybe I should just post a single word from now on.

One.

But of course, there is also a synonym for that word.

Love

Love is neither positive or negative. It just is.

Call me a tree hugging hippy, but I'm a peaceful one.

K

P.S. My ego has a problem with the whole 'borg' concept though.. so I expect a lot of struggling before I am assimilated.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #23
Seashore
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
I spend my time explaining this information we are fortunate enough to have come upon...to others who have no idea.
Floyd,

What information is that?
Seashore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #24
greybeard
Avalon Senior Member

Kulapops you have the ability to make me laugh .
Positive!!! One!!!!

Chris
greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #25
Kulapops
Avalon Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Kulapops you have the ability to make me laugh .
Positive!!! One!!!!

Chris
One !

In fact, instead of one and one (which make two - which gets us back to where we started) - how about "On and On"...?

I just love this song, reminds me of my childhood... and it's a good attitude to have while figuring out life... just keep on smiling... this song to me is somehow both exquisitely sad, whimsical yet beautiful. I have no idea why, but it unlocks something in me. For many others, it will just appear naff. Sorry!

Pity about the loud clapping at the start, but it soon settles down. This version has far more oompf than other versions on youtube for some reason... even it's not the complete song.

Last edited by Kulapops; 02-22-2010 at 12:35 PM.