Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Avalon Forum > Project Avalon > Spirituality

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #176
day
Retired Avalon Member

Default Re: pineal gland awakening

Wallace Black Elk

Last edited by day; 08-10-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #177
day
Retired Avalon Member

Excerpts from Black Elk's Vision

Chapter 4.....
When I got back to my father and mother and was sitting up there in our tepee, my face was still all puffed and my legs and arms were badly swollen; but I felt good all over and wanted to get right up and run around. My parents would not let me. They told me I had been sick twelve days, lying like dead all the while, and that Whirlwind Chaser, who was Standing Bear's uncle and a medicine man, had brought me back to life. I knew it was the Grandfathers in the Flaming Rainbow Tepee who had cured me; but I felt afraid to say so. My father gave Whirlwind Chaser the best horse he had for making me well, and many people came to look at me, and there was much talk about the great power of Whirlwind Chaser who had made me well all at once when I was almost the same as dead. Everybody was glad that I was living; but as I lay there thinking about the wonderful place where I had been and all that I had seen, I was very sad; for it seemed to me that everybody ought to know about it, but I was afraid to tell, because I knew that nobody would believe me, little as I was, for I was only nine years old. Also, as I lay there thinking of my vision, I could see it all again and feel the meaning with a part of me like a strange power glowing in my body; but when the part of me that talks would try to make words for the meaning, it would be like fog and get away from me.....

http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/p.../BlackElk.html

Last edited by day; 08-11-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #178
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 07-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #179
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 07-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #180
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 10-22-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #181
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 07-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #182
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 08-04-2009 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #183
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 07-28-2009, 01:33 AM   #184
JesterTerrestrial
Avalon Senior Member

Hey Day!

I posted this once but thought you might like this! Thanks for this amazing and beautiful series of posts!!! Awesome!!!

How Can You Buy or Sell The Earth?

The following beautiful and prophetic statement in behalf of the environment has been attributed to Chief Sealth (Seattle) and has caused him to become the folkloric hero of the environmental movement, speaking both the mind and the conscience of all concerned about the earth. It was said to have been Chief Sealth's (Seattle's) reply to n in December of 1854, upon the United States Government's offer to buy two million acres of Native American Land in the Pacific Northwest.

The Great Chief in Washington sends word that he wishes to buy our land. The Great Chief also sends us words of friendship and food will. This is kind of him, since we know he has little need of our friendship in return. But we will consider your offer.

How can you buy or sell the sky, the warmth of the land? The idea is strange to us. If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water, how can you buy them?

Every part of this earth is sacred to my people. Every shining pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every clearing, and every humming insect is holy in the memory and experience of my people. The sap which courses through the trees carries the memories of the red man. So, when the Great Chief in Washington sends word that he wishes to buy our land, he asks much of us….

This we know: All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life; he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself. But we will consider your offer to go to the reservation you have for my people. We will live apart, and in peace.

One thing we know, which the white man may one day discover __ our God is the same God. You may think now that you own Him as you wish to own our land: but you cannot.

He is the God of man; and his compassion is equal for the red man and the white. This earth is precious to Him and to harm the earth is to heap contempt on its Creator. The whites too shall pass; perhaps sooner than all other tribes. Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste.

But in your perishing you will shine brightly, fired by the strength of the God who brought you to this land and for some special purpose gave you dominion over this land and over the red man. That destiny is a mystery to us, for we do not understand when the buffalo are all slaughtered, the wild horses are tamed, and the view of the ripe hills blotted by talking wires. Where is the thicket? Gone. Where is the eagle? Gone. And what is it to say goodbye to the swift pony and the hunt? The end of living and the beginning of survival. So we will consider your offer to buy the land. If we agree, it will be to secure the reservation you have promised. There, perhaps, we may live out our brief days as we wish. When the last red man has vanished from the earth, and his memory is only the shadow of a cloud moving across the prairie, these shores and forests will still hold the spirits of my people. For they love this earth as a newborne loves its mother's heartbeat. So, if we sell our land, love it as we've loved it. Care for it as we've cared for it. Hold in your mind the memory of the land as it is when you take it. And preserve it for your children, and love it…. As God loves us all. One thing we know. Our God is the same God. This earth is precious to Him. Even the white man cannot be exempt from the common destiny. We may be brothers after all.

We shall see….

Old 07-28-2009, 03:31 AM   #185
day
Retired Avalon Member

Hey JT

Thanks for the post! Chief Seattle's speech from 1854 has inspired many over the years and continues to do so for many!

Here is a video where his speech is read..thought you might enjoy it.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #186
day
Retired Avalon Member

Chief Seattle-the 19 c leader of the Suquamish tribe
spoke words that resonate today more than ever.
We must understand our connection to the earth and
respect and nurture our relationship to all that share
this planet. Here are his words about his childhood

Last edited by day; 08-10-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #187
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 07-28-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #188
day
Retired Avalon Member

then someone recorded and slowed down the sound of the crickets
here is the story
Jim Wilson & David Carson - God's Cricket Chorus (1992).
The story behind GOD'S CRICKETS.

This unusual recording contains two tracks:
1. the natural sound of crickets chirping
2. the sound of the crickets slowed down
to match and mirror the length of the
average lifespan of a human being.

The angelic chorus you hear accompanying
the sound of the crickets is NOT a synthesizer
or a chorus singing. It's the crickets themselves
(slowed down) creating the effect. Really an
amazing thing they've accomplished here.
This recording can be played continuously in
the background to create a natural soothing
atmosphere for calming and healing.

This recording has been created by Jim Wilson.

This recording is an extended digitally remixed
and mastered version taken from the original
1992 recording entitled "Ballad of the Twisted
Hair" from the album "Medicine Songs" by David
Carson and Little Wolf Band produced by Jim
Wilson and released on Raven Records.

Last edited by day; 08-09-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #189
day
Retired Avalon Member

Humankind
has not woven
the web of life.
We are but one
thread within it.
Whatever we do
to the web,
we do to ourselves.
All things are bound
together.
All things connect.

Chief Seattle

Last edited by day; 08-10-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #190
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 07-29-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #191
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #192
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 07-29-2009, 12:16 AM   #193
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 08-10-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:56 AM   #194
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 08-10-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 AM   #195
day
Retired Avalon Member

Old 07-29-2009, 02:07 AM   #196
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 08-10-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:48 AM   #197
day
Retired Avalon Member

[The following is taken from the book Black Elk Speaks, by John G. Neihardt (New York: Washington Square Press, 1972) originally published in 1932. The book is Neihardt's recreation in English of the oral history that Black Elk, a medicine man (or "shaman," of the Oglala Sioux Indians, recounted for him in the Sioux language in 1931.

From Chapter 2: Early Boyhood
I was four years old then, and I think it must have been the next summer that I first heard the voices. It was a happy summer and nothing was afraid, because in the Moon When the Ponies Shed (May) word came from the Wasichus [the White Men] that there would be peace and that they would not use the road any more and that all the soldiers would go away. The soldiers did go away and their towns were torn down; and in the Moon of Falling Leaves (November), they made a treaty with Red Cloud that said our country would be ours as long as grass should grow and water flow. You can see that it is not the grass and the water that have forgotten.

Maybe it was not this summer when I first heard the voices, but I think it was, because I know it was before I played with bows and arrows or rode a horse, and I was out playing alone when I heard them. It was like somebody calling me, and I thought it was my mother, but there was nobody there. This happened more than once, and always made me afraid, so that I ran home.

It was when I was five years old that my Grandfather made me a bow and some arrows. The grass was young and I was horseback. A thunder storm was coming from where the sun goes down, and just as I was riding into the woods along a creek, there was a kingbird sitting on a limb. This was not a dream, it happened. And I was going to shoot at the kingbird with the bow my Grandfather made, when the bird spoke and said: "The clouds all over are one-sided." Perhaps it meant that all the clouds were looking at me. And then it said: "Listen! A voice is calling you!" Then I looked up at the clouds, and two men were coming there, headfirst like arrows slanting down; and as they came, they sang a sacred song and the thunder was like drumming. I will sing it for you. The song and the drumming were like this:

Behold, a sacred voice is calling you;
All over the sky a sacred voice is calling.

I sat there gazing at them, and they were coming from the place where the giant lives (north). But when they were very close to me, they wheeled about toward where the sun goes down, and suddenly they were geese. Then they were gone, and the rain came with a big wind and a roaring. I did not tell this vision to any one. I liked to think about it, but I was afraid to tell it.

http://www.heyokamagazine.com/HEYOKA.1.RED%20ELK.htm

Last edited by day; 10-22-2009 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:41 AM   #198
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 08-09-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:40 AM   #199
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 08-10-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:46 AM   #200
day
Retired Avalon Member

Last edited by day; 08-10-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
native american, nde, near death experience, pineal gland