Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Project Camelot General Discussion

Notices

Project Camelot General Discussion Reactions, feedback and suggestions on interviews, current events and experiences.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Default Angela Merkel asks Greece for part of its territory, in return for financal aid

The original article is in French:

http://www.voltairenet.org/article164345.html

The approximative EN translation (Google):

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said she launched a new kind of war of conquest? It's the issues that arise with the wording of statements by several members of his coalition government.

We know that Germany has used its profits to the rules of the European Union to increase its exports within the eurozone at the expense of its smaller partners, especially Greece and Portugal. This aggressive attitude, coupled with management problems, has already led Greece to the bankruptcy.

MP Frank Schäffler (FDP) said that in exchange for German help in the maintenance of Greece into the euro area and the consolidation of accounts, Athens should cede some of its uninhabited islands in Berlin.

MP Marco Wanderwitz (CDU) has said that Athens would pay for any German assistance, whether direct or she passes by the European Union. He in turn refer to the cession of territory as a bargaining chip,

The weekly mass circulation Bild am Sonntag, evokes a barter "Our money cons Corfu.

Germany has already restored its influence in the Balkans by participating actively in the wars of disintegration of Yugoslavia.

In the event of a sale forced by Greece some of its islands, it remains to determine if this deal is consistent with international law and European treaties. In other words, the financial war allows it to undertake a legal territorial conquest?

I'm wondering if this information os for real and if so, what is your opinion about a country from EU to pay with a territory from it, to get aid, as suposedly should get for free as part of a sisterly union?
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
daci
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Angela Merkel cabinet ask Greece part of its territory, as compensation for finan

This is Crazy!!! Unethical!!

Namaste,
Majda
daci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
artvision
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Angela Merkel cabinet ask Greece part of its territory, as compensation for finan

Kindly, for admins, could you please delete one of the threads, with same names, as somehow, I duplicated by mistake?

Thank you,
Artvision

Last edited by artvision; 03-05-2010 at 04:07 PM.
artvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
Wood
Avalon Senior Member

I have not looked at this in detail but I think the suggestion is to sell assets, both buildings and land. Sell public land to individuals, but not sell the sovereignty!
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
yiolas
Avalon Senior Member

Eventhough I've evolved enough to consider my self a citizen of the world rather than of a particular country or nation. Statements like those in this article make me think that the Allies of the last world war, which Greece was one of, should have split Germany amongst themselves. It would be inline with the logic of this article.
yiolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
SteveX
Avalon Senior Member

Back

Door

Expansionists
SteveX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
Humble Janitor
Avalon Senior Member

Tsk, tsk Germany. When you don't learn from history, you're doomed to repeat it.
Humble Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #8
Firstlook
Avalon Senior Member

Default Re: Angela Merkel asks Greece for part of its territory, in return for financal aid

Bankers and those alike, trying to get more property through bankrupt countries. Been happening to the third world for a longtime. Onto to the western countries now.

peace
Firstlook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aid, angela merkel, cabinet, financial, grrece