Go Back   Old Project Avalon Forum (ARCHIVE) > Project Camelot Forum > Project Camelot > Off-Topic

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
Shellie
Banned

Default A message to all "skill-less nobodies"

I want to make a quick mention of a topic that seems to be popping up on different threads- what good are "nobodies", senior citizens and handicapped people?

First of all, what are WE at Project Avalon doing to make some members feel like outsiders? Or is this a problem with our thinking from the old paradigm?

Certainly our competitive, capitalist dog-eat-dog culture has already poisoned a whole lot of us. There just are too many people who feel they are neither worthy, nor helpful, nor valuable to society. I am willing to bet that the ones who are asking "what about X?" have felt this way most of their lives. This is not right.

WE ARE SLAVES. We were brainwashed into being slaves. The vast majority of us run around like chickens with out heads cut off just trying to keep up with bills etc. And this has affected us tremendously-it keeps us too exhausted to SEE what is happening, and too insecure to DO anything about it.

One of the most important truths of this forum is that we are capable of so much more. Each and every one of us! I don't mean that in a goody-goody way, but it is true. How many of us are functioning at our best? And how many of us are doing things just enough to get by? If we are not making ourselves important in some way now, it is no surprise we don't feel important enough to rebuild an entire civilization.

It it important that everyone focus on doing their personal best in everything they do. Diet, exercise, and spiritual pursuits are just the beginning. We need to put everything we have into each little thing we do. Get focused! When you wash your hands, FOCUS on it. When you tie your shoes, FOCUS on it. When you drive to work, FOCUS on everything around you- don't just space out with the music on. You would be surprised to find how much better you feel about yourself and how much confidence it brings. I know that sounds corny to some, but try it.

Next, we all need to realize that we are here for a reason. We are not just running through some cycle of karma. Of all times to be on Earth, why are we here in 2008? Find a reason to be here. Make a reason! You don't have to be a hero, or throw your entire life to a project like Bill and Kerry did. But when was the last time you helped someone? Volunteered for anything? What are you doing to make your own life better?

I will let you all in on a not-so-secret secret: those who have had it easy are going to be the first ones to go down in this mess. Know that saying "What doesn't kill you will make you stronger"? Yep- just wait until people start losing more than just their homes. They won't have the will to live. And remember there are many people out there who have probably had it worse than you, and they are doing so much. Look at what Christopher Reeves did before he died. Look at Steven Hawkings! They could have decided that they were useless, but they didn't. Each and every one of us needs to find a purpose.

Here is another not-so-secret secret: giving makes you happy. Seriously, the happiest people are the ones who are "givers" and not "takers". I think this is where a lot of our problem is- some of us just don't realize what we have to give. There is a hadith in Islam: "even a smile is charity". Certainly skill-less nobodies can at least do that!

Here is yet another not-so-secret secret: we are not dogs. We can learn, even when we are old. If you don't have "a skill" now, develop one. I am sure if you turned off the TV you could find 2-3 hours a day to learn something. You can pay for a class, or you can learn for free by volunteering.

Ok, and here is a little twist; sometimes the know-it-alls fail and the ignorant succeed. I see it in the outdoor survival community. Even seasoned survivalists make stupid mistakes that get themselves killed, and unprepared "nobodies" survive weeks in amazing conditions. I knew a guy who escaped from the Iraqi army in the first Gulf War by walking 8 days with no water to Saudi Arabia. And then there are professional climbers in Oregon every year who get caught in a blizzard and they are dead in a few hours. Who knows??? We don't know what is coming. Don't assume. The longest survivor of the earthquake in Bam, Iran was a tiny old lady... and when she was pulled out, she recited poetry to the Red Cross workers to cheer THEM up!

Last edited by Shellie; 09-26-2008 at 02:59 AM.
Shellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:12 AM   #2
Seva
Avalon Senior Member

Smile Re: A message to all "skill-less nobodies"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Boogies View Post
I want to make a quick mention of a topic that seems to be popping up on different threads- what are good are "nobodies", senior citizens and handicapped people?

First of all, what are WE at Project Avalon doing to make some members feel like outsiders? Or is this a problem with our thinking from the old paradigm?

Certainly our competitive, capitalist dog-eat-dog culture has already poisoned a whole lot of us. There just are too many people who feel they are neither worthy, nor helpful, nor valuable to society. I am willing to bet that the ones who are asking "what about X?" have felt this way most of their lives. This is not right.

WE ARE SLAVES. We were brainwashed into being slaves. The vast majority of us run around like chickens with out heads cut off just trying to keep up with bills etc. And this has affected us tremendously-it keeps us too exhausted to SEE what is happening, and too insecure to DO anything about it.

One of the most important truths of this forum is that we are capable of so much more. Each and every one of us! I don't mean that in a goody-goody way, but it is true. How many of us are functioning at our best? And how many of us are doing things just enough to get by? If we are not making ourselves important in some way now, it is no surprise we don't feel important enough to rebuild an entire civilization.

It it important that everyone focus on doing their personal best in everything they do. Diet, exercise, and spiritual pursuits are just the beginning. We need to put everything we have into each little thing we do. Get focused! When you wash your hands, FOCUS on it. When you tie your shoes, FOCUS on it. When you drive to work, FOCUS on everything around you- don't just space out with the music on. You would be surprised to find how much better you feel about yourself and how much confidence it brings. I know that sounds corny to some, but try it.

Next, we all need to realize that we are here for a reason. We are not just running through some cycle of karma. Of all times to be on Earth, why are we here in 2008? Find a reason to be here. Make a reason! You don't have to be a hero, or throw your entire life to a project like Bill and Kerry did. But when was the last time you helped someone? Volunteered for anything? What are you doing to make your own life better?

I will let you all in on a not-so-secret secret: those who have had it easy are going to be the first ones to go down in this mess. Know that saying "What doesn't kill you will make you stronger"? Yep- just wait until people start losing more than just their homes. They won't have the will to live. And remember there are many people out there who have probably had it worse than you, and they are doing so much. Look at what Christopher Reeves did before he died. Look at Steven Hawkings! They could have decided that they were useless, but they didn't. Each and every one of us needs to find a purpose.

Here is another not-so-secret secret: giving makes you happy. Seriously, the happiest people are the ones who are "givers" and not "takers". I think this is where a lot of our problem is- some of us just don't realize what we have to give. There is a hadith in Islam: "even a smile is charity". Certainly skill-less nobodies can at least do that!

Here is yet another not-so-secret secret: we are not dogs. We can learn, even when we are old. If you don't have "a skill" now, develop one. I am sure if you turned off the TV you could find 2-3 hours a day to learn something. You can pay for a class, or you can learn for free by volunteering.

Ok, and here is a little twist; sometimes the know-it-alls fail and the ignorant succeed. I see it in the outdoor survival community. Even seasoned survivalists make stupid mistakes that get themselves killed, and unprepared "nobodies" survive weeks in amazing conditions. I knew a guy who escaped from the Iraqi army in the first Gulf War by walking 8 days with no water to Saudi Arabia. And then there are professional climbers in Oregon every year who get caught in a blizzard and they are dead in a few hours. Who knows??? We don't know what is coming. Don't assume. The longest survivor of the earthquake in Bam, Iran was a tiny old lady... and when she was pulled out, she recited poetry to the Red Cross workers to cheer THEM up!

aww what a beautiful post, and you are right, we are brainwashed to beleave we are helpless, nothings. they want us to NOT see our oown divinity, think of what a danger that is a world of people who embrace there divinity. With all shining bright where can the darness hide

i agree everyone has something to offer, noone is useless. If anyone is feeling that way im sending you a BIG ASTRAL HUG - We all mater, are all equal, none of this will be possible without ALL OF US.

I mean everyone has something they are good at i mean a senior citizen can read a story to children and watch over them, kids love attention and that nuturing. and if you got two good hands, i mean if you can be here in this forum means you can see, read, type and use a computer and can gather and orangize info via computer. Or when food is harvested snap those little end things off the string beans now thats a fun social event

or give someone who is stressed a friendly ear or a hug. (wow i could sure use a hug after today :P) my mind is assulted by the news and the darker realities ick, makes me wanna

we are all little pieces of a puzzle each necessary each different to make a complete picture. Have faith all that you are here now, as you should be, with what you should be, all is as it should be. If your not a "builder bob" well ok maybe we got all of those we need and your gonna fill a special place you dont even imagine now.

If you apply your purpose to the highest good it will find use for you I think that we vary so much for reason ya know the great differences is that we will thrive do to this diversity, HAHAH think of a D& D adventure your not gonna go out with a flock of mages or just paladins LOL is my nerdness showing

its so gonna be our strength, i mean if we have some die hard survivors awsome, but will they wanna cook, or take care of the people who are sick, or paint, or treat a wound. People will gravitate to there best abilities. And fill in nitches i bet we cant even think of now, but will come later and someone will just "flow" into it Which i think is great becasue society now does not let us shine at our best gifts it erases us into generic skills where we cant gravitate to passions, we arent even alowed passions.

To get even more etheric, just being present with the community just resonating will give us all strength, holding that frequency ect...

United we r! woohoo

Lovies 2 all

seva
Seva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
Kathleen

Default Re: A message to all "skill-less nobodies"

Thank you 99boogies and Seva for two very uplifting posts.

You are so right. Each and every one of us is here, at this time, for a purpose. From the smallest babe to the elders among us, each valuable.

And soon, with the attitudes expressed in your posts, we will all know why we are here, at this time and for which task.

Peace~kmm
Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 AM   #4
Nik
Avalon Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: A message to all "skill-less nobodies"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Boogies View Post
This is not stressed enough on these forums. Good of you to post this, 99Boogies!
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
Lance
Avalon Senior Member

Mr. Knownothing Dolittle here, a very fine post in deed....
But it takes ALL kinds for tomorrow to be be better.
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:50 AM   #6
Blufire77
Avalon Senior Member

I want to be the "100th Boogie"
Blufire77 is offline   Reply With Quote